GenX2 and Genesis 2 AddOn released! [Commercial]

Comments

• CMKook-24601CMKook-24601 Posts: 200
    edited December 1969

batesyboy said:
    Well Stephanie 6 is here. I wish they would release your gen x for gen 2. They seem to be releasing new products each day.

yeah this may sound paranoid, but it is kinda feeling like that "soon" will be after they release the rest of their figures for gen 6 basically to ensure people will buy them and not just take the converter.

A bit silly to say when the creator of the product just said about two posts above you that the product is about to be released as soon as they get the release all set up.

yes as soon as they get it set up and soon...sorry a bit bad with such vague and subjective terms.. though not much we can do so w/e

edited December 1969

okay so I do have a serious question on this and i think I know the answer, but I hate to assume things... so here it is... do you have some sort of Agreement with Daz3d that prevents you from selling Generation X 2 on Renderosity or your own store atm?

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,039
    edited February 2014

If you sell at Daz the product becomes exclusive and cannot be sold anywhere else. Any product sold here follows that rule.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited December 1969

ah well then that makes a decent amount of sense, thanks :)

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,745
    edited December 1969

Zev0 said:
    If you sell at Daz the product becomes exclusive and cannot be sold anywhere else. Any product sold here follows that rule.

Nope, there are a number of exceptions. Disregarding big company outlets like Cornucopia3d (which is Eon Software) and Reallusion, there are a number of mid-sized indies selling identical products both here and on either their own sites or other sites like Renderosity, such as Winterbrose, Curvy 3D, Dreamlight, Staigerman, and, until their recent acquisition by Rendo, Blacksmith3D.

That said, for a product like GenX, which is an add-on for a piece of software that's found on only one site and is subject to frequent unannounced upgrades, I'd think that it would be more beneficial to only sell that product via that same website. After all, if you use DS4.*, you pretty much HAVE to come to DAZ3D to get the latest upgrades, and any necessary upgrade files can be found in the same place. On the other hand, with products that are built around a piece of software that's sold across multiple stores and websites, like D3D's Poser items, having the products available in as many places as possible will be to the vendor's advantage, as otherwise many potential customers might never even see the product.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,142
    edited December 1969

Renderosity BOUGHT and now owns Blacksmith 3D??

edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    Renderosity BOUGHT and now owns Blacksmith 3D??

Yep. Rendo announced the purchase a few weeks ago on their front page:

http://www.renderosity.com/renderosity-blacksmith3d-have-joined-forces-cms-16942?&AID=408

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,142
    edited December 1969

Thanks so much. Just posted a comment there. This is really great news considering Dave can now focus on development and leave all the marketing stuff to 'Rosity!

• Dimension3DDimension3D Posts: 464
    edited December 1969

okay so I do have a serious question on this and i think I know the answer, but I hate to assume things... so here it is... do you have some sort of Agreement with Daz3d that prevents you from selling Generation X 2 on Renderosity or your own store atm?

GenX2 will be sold exclusively at DAZ 3D, like most other PA products.

edited December 1969

GenX2 will be sold exclusively at DAZ 3D, like most other PA products.

right I get that now... and why, I had just got to thinking that if I had made a product and release of it kept getting delayed that I would just go release it some where else. However, then it occurred to me there may have been some sort of agreement with Daz3d that might prevent that. So, both as a customer who is holding aside a sum of money for your product and NOT buying other things he wants so that he is sure to be able to afford your product and out of plain old fashion curiosity I figured I'd ask.

I am willing to wait and sit on the money I have set aside for it for how ever long it takes them to put it out (yes I like the first one THAT much) so I can get it on Day one. I just got curious why it wasn't being put out on a store that would have the product up a bit faster, being informed of the exclusivity agreement brought the whole picture in to focus.

I apologize if my questioning and comments in this thread have made me seem like an impatient dick. Really I am just well okay impatient... but I am a fan ^_^ and the additional features make me drool :P

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,518
    edited December 1969

I apologize if my questioning and comments in this thread have made me seem like an impatient dick. Really I am just well okay impatient... but I am a fan ^_^ and the additional features make me drool :P

Didn't come across that way to me!
    i am in the same boat, impatiently waiting for it to be released also and the wait has really curbed my spending also, mainly because there isn't much in the store I need right now and I refuse to invest anymore into GF2 until I can create a viable character for my projects (no luck so far with GF2 morphs only) .

It's my understanding it's in DAZs hands, so hurry up DAZ since I just started a vacation this week and have some time to play, LOL.

edited December 1969

Didn't come across that way to me!
    i am in the same boat, impatiently waiting for it to be released also and the wait has really curbed my spending also, mainly because there isn't much in the store I need right now and I refuse to invest anymore into GF2 until I can create a viable character for my projects (no luck so far with GF2 morphs only) .

It's my understanding it's in DAZs hands, so hurry up DAZ since I just started a vacation this week and have some time to play, LOL.

yeah a little different for me I am still trying to catch up with all the Generation 5 stuff cause I have been flat broke for almost three years and have forgone certain pro bundles that where knocked down to like $35 for half a day because I want to be sure to have the money for GenX2

edited December 1969

I swear, waiting for this is like watching paint dry on the wall, isn't it?

:blank:

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited December 1969

Greetings,
    Every 11pm is another opportunity to be disappointed that DAZ hasn't released it yet. :-)

I kid, for the most part, I don't know what's going to happen, but I imagine that when it does come out I'll end up spending days and too much money transferring characters over. My ability to afford March Madness is slipping further and further away... If it were released earlier I'd have been able to build up a buffer again...

Well, another 11pm approaches...

-- Morgan

• RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 4,460
    edited December 1969

LOL, you just have to be patient and occupy yourself with other things. It'll be out when it's out and will be worth the wait.

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

Thant is entirely untrue, when you watch paint dry you can actually see progress being made... this is more like waiting for congress to agree on something.

• KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited December 1969

Thant is entirely untrue, when you watch paint dry you can actually see progress being made... this is more like waiting for congress to agree on something.
    I saw updates for the previous GenX stuff in DIM yesterday -- that's progress, isn't it? Isn't it? ISN'T IT? :ahhh:
  • martinez.zora77@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 1,343
    edited December 1969

Cypherfox said:
    Greetings,
    Every 11pm is another opportunity to be disappointed that DAZ hasn't released it yet. :-)

I kid, for the most part, I don't know what's going to happen, but I imagine that when it does come out I'll end up spending days and too much money transferring characters over. My ability to afford March Madness is slipping further and further away... If it were released earlier I'd have been able to build up a buffer again...

-- Morgan

For me is 2:30 am :(

• Cayman StudiosCayman Studios Posts: 1,131
    edited December 1969

I saw updates for the previous GenX stuff in DIM yesterday -- that's progress, isn't it? Isn't it? ISN'T IT? :ahhh:

Yes, it is. :cheese:

The update seemed to be just to make it DIM compatible. Previously GenX had only been a manual executable download.

But it's true ... the tension is unbearable. I have about a hundred conversions ready in the wings. And then we can see what Genesis 2 can really do.

edited December 1969

gilikshe said:
    Cypherfox said:
    Greetings,

-- Morgan

Ah... so you're in either Venezuela or Newfoundland, eh? I'm in Texas so it's just 1:00 am for me, so I'll often buy something right after it goes live and then not even attempt to download it until the next day.

• drinkingbuddydrinkingbuddy Posts: 350
    edited December 1969

... So tomorrow then?

I'm hoping GenX 2 doesn't follow the same fate as Alessa & Aloisia for V6 and Adrianna V6.

• SorelSorel Posts: 1,389
    edited December 1969

... So tomorrow then?

I'm hoping GenX 2 doesn't follow the same fate as Alessa & Aloisia for V6 and Adrianna V6.

I've been waiting for those forever @_@

• rbel_295e7c1d4crbel_295e7c1d4c Posts: 99
    edited December 1969

gilikshe said:
    Cypherfox said:
    Greetings,

-- Morgan

Ah... so you're in either Venezuela or Newfoundland, eh? I'm in Texas so it's just 1:00 am for me, so I'll often buy something right after it goes live and then not even attempt to download it until the next day.

Does Daz have a specific time window for releases - I assumed that it was just anywhere between 9 and 5 somewhere in the mountains time.

• drinkingbuddydrinkingbuddy Posts: 350
    edited December 1969

Does Daz have a specific time window for releases - I assumed that it was just anywhere between 9 and 5 somewhere in the mountains time.

Usually fifteen minutes or so after midnight ... Mountain Time.

edited February 2014

Maybe they can just release it on the first day of March Madness with a sale price :P (well only if the creator still makes profit based on the normal price)

Post edited by CMKook-24601 on
  • DkgooseDkgoose Posts: 1,451
    edited December 1969

i'm hoping it will be released soon, @Dimension3D, will the Genesis 2 add-on be released the same day as GenX2?

• StrixowlStrixowl Posts: 301
    edited December 1969

Are we there yet? Hummmm, guess not :-S

• Dimension3DDimension3D Posts: 464
    edited December 1969

The Genesis 2 Add-On should be released the same day as GenX2. And I'm still hoping for a release in February, so maybe toworrow ...

• martinez.zora77@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 1,343
    edited December 1969

gilikshe said:
    Cypherfox said:
    Greetings,

-- Morgan

Yes, Venezuela, near Colombia and Brazil. Before we were in La Paz-Bolivia time. Government decided, few years ago, translate time/hour to a new.

I am two weeks waiting for some products and retaining my few (very very few) dollars...but temptations are much!!

• StrixowlStrixowl Posts: 301
    edited December 1969

The Genesis 2 Add-On should be released the same day as GenX2. And I'm still hoping for a release in February, so maybe toworrow ...

I missed something. Genesis 2 Add-On??