*closed* RRRR - One day in XXXs life Render Contest (With prizes galore)

Comments

• Ken OBanionKen OBanion Posts: 1,447
    edited December 1969

My pull for Round Four:
    1543 - Reflections Vanity Set
    1766 - Shackles of the Inquisition: Shackles & Poses
    2321 - Budding Romance: Stephanie 3 & Michael 3 Couples Poses
    2446 - Lisa's Botanicals - Dead Bushes

Half romantic, and half.... I'm going to have to think about this one a bit! (I can't even figure out who to target!)

The way this scene seemed to take on a life of its own was due mostly to an experience I had during my own college years but, since self-parody was explicitly ruled out-of-bounds ("too easy," the man said), I 'projected' that experience on to my 'target' for this round, Totte.

I desperately hope I haven't crossed a line here, and if I have..., then I most sincerely and humbly apologize; I will yank the image, and forfeit this round. Because I'm pretty sure that gratuitously offending people is not what we're here for!

Also used:
    Victorian Bedroom & Furniture
    Easy Environments: Winter (Skybox only)
    Interiors: Hotel Room (the coat-hanger)
    Demonatrix outfit by FleshForge (a freebie from..., ahem, Renderotica)
    Riding Habit for Genesis (the riding crop!)
    Piles of Clothes by Adam Thwaites (a freebie from www.most-digital-creations.com)
    Undergarments for Michael 3
    Jamie Hair by AprilYSH
    Shelby for M3 (body texture by LA3D - a ShareCG freebie)
    Donna Hair (SP Fit)
    Nighty for Stephanie Petite
    Moyra's Lingerie Boutique: Delightful (textures for SP's nightie)

TAG: obanion#04
    Title: "Is There Something You Haven't Told Me...?"
    (A Day in the Life of Totte)

Back in his free-wheeling college days, Totte had always considered himself quite the adventurous sort. Until he met Gretchen, one day at the University library.

He asked her out; she accepted. They went back to her place....

In the immortal words of Fagin, from the musical Oliver!..., "I think I'd better think it out again!"

RRRR_DayInTheLife_04.png
    913 x 641 - 890K
  • TotteTotte Posts: 13,473
    edited February 2014

TAG: obanion#04
    Title: "Is There Something You Haven't Told Me...?"
    (A Day in the Life of Totte)

Back in his free-wheeling college days, Totte had always considered himself quite the adventurous sort. Until he met Gretchen, one day at the University library.

He asked her out; she accepted. They went back to her place....

In the immortal words of Fagin, from the musical Oliver!..., "I think I'd better think it out again!"

ROFL!
    Well played Mr. OBannion ;-)

Edit: trying to figure out who was Gretchen, but I think I know what mirror you hid behind when you got the idea for that picture ;-)

Post edited by Totte on
    edited December 1969

Tag: Totte#5

Totte said:

#2280 HPG-Officer (Rendo)
    #1257 Classic Art Museum (Rendo)
    #1348 Core Lighting 1
    #4116 The Raccolet House

Also Used:

[shader] DLD Leathers + [shader] metalize + [shader] DLD Stone shader + [shader] MMG Shaders + barbults renders (as paintings)
    Diorama: Cloth Sofa Set (coffe table) + [shader] Velvety Goodness + LB Cherry Trees + CDI Fences
    Guard: Adult Harper (G2M) + Security! + SAV Alpha scalp + BWCThe Man poses
    Icecream kid: G2M + Brothers Growing up + Brit Hair + Skate Park + The tourist props (ice-cream)
    Barbult: Olympia for G2F + Lady Worthington + Scarf Braid

One day in barbults life

The local history museum asked the members of the community if they could collect old pictures, papers or letters from past times for an exhibition about the evolution of the county. Barbult, being a keen model builder, built a model of the cherry orchard her grandparents had when she was a kid. The model was huge and took several weeks to complete.

What barbult did not know was that the curator decided purchase the model and make it a permanent item in the museum.
    When barbult heard that she was very happy, thinking of her grand parents cherry orchard always made her smile.

barbultsmodel.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 212K
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049
    edited December 1969

Totte said:
    Tag: Totte#5

One day in barbults life

The local history museum asked the members of the community if they could collect old pictures, papers or letters from past times for an exhibition about the evolution of the county. Barbult, being a keen model builder, built a model of the cherry orchard her grandparents had when she was a kid. The model was huge and took several weeks to complete.

What barbult did not know was that the curator decided purchase the model and make it a permanent item in the museum.
    When barbult heard that she was very happy, thinking of her grand parents cherry orchard always made her smile.

Oh, that's a nice one Totte. It looked familiar, but it took me a few seconds to recognize Unicorn Ring Toss up on the wall. My grandparents lived on a farm in Iowa. I wonder if they had any cherry trees. I don't know, because by the time I was old enough to know anything, they were "old" and had move to town. I like the kid with the ice cream cone and the sign on the wall. That security guard looks like he means business - look at that weapon! I look quite lovely in your rendition - thanks.
    edited December 1969

I have my next draw:
    Yamaki FDR2 Fusion Textures DS
    Egyptian Action for A3
    Great Room Breakfast Nook Poses
    Eweyai for V4

So I got a motorcycle (again, sigh), two pose sets and some skimpwear. This could go anywhere, but I have homed in on Ken as my target. Ken in skimpwear? No! I think I'll go in another direction. But Ken will be there, for sure.

edited December 1969

Thanks barbult, and If I hadn't pulled two environments you would have been riding a motorcycle, I know they love you, just like world travels likes me.

edited December 1969

barbult said:
    I have my next draw:
    Egyptian Action for A3
    Eweyai for V4

So I got a motorcycle (again, sigh), two pose sets and some skimpwear. This could go anywhere, but I have homed in on Ken as my target. Ken in skimpwear? No! I think I'll go in another direction. But Ken will be there, for sure.

WHO TOLD!??

(Truthfully, I really don't have the knees for 'skimpwear'!)

• KaribouKaribou Posts: 1,325
    edited December 1969

Okay, so it's a little late to volunteer myself as a victim, er, participating member, but it's been a wretched month and I've been MIA for weeks. However, feel free to add me to the list of people who can be portrayed in renders this month.

My first pull:
    2787 Gossamer RO
    2896 Hardcore Textures DAZ
    6400 Swidhelm's Huntsman RO
    7311 Vroom! for Biker Girl DAZ

This should be interesting...

edited December 1969

Welcome Kari, and your name has been added to the wall of (f)(sh)ame.

• GopherusGopherus Posts: 1,103
    edited December 1969

Gopherus #1
    The Bridge of Magpies

Pulled
    Toonimal Goldfish
    Royal Carriages for Millenium Horse
    M4/V4 Creature Creator Bundle
    Songbird Remix: Birds of the World Bundle

Just what does Barbult do every summer?
    Orihime the Weaver Girl is separated from her husband Hikoboshi the Cow Herd 364 days a year by the Milky Way.
    But on the seventh day of the seventh lunar month a flock of magpies feeling sorry for them rises up to form a living
    bridge across the heavens. Barbult also feeling for them volunteers to drive them to the celebration held in their honor.

Historical Reference: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanabata

magpieBRIDGE.jpg
    864 x 691 - 672K
    edited December 1969

Totte #4 - love the porcelin wind instruments in your orchestra, must be bases
    Obanion #5 - this must be a reversal of the perspective of "nighthawks" where we get so see what the diners see
    Melanie #2 - perfect rendition of what the world must have been like for hunter thompson
    Barbult #1 - the last time i went to a barber he had to bribe me with candy, this guy must really be good
    Luci #1 - what happens when totte sees his shadow......? maybe that s why he s so happy!

The next pull
    Heart of the Forest
    Patio Furniture Pack
    Medieval Construction Site
    Family Car 1950 poses

edited December 1969

gopherus said:
    Gopherus #1
    The Bridge of Magpies

Pulled
    Toonimal Goldfish
    Royal Carriages for Millenium Horse
    M4/V4 Creature Creator Bundle
    Songbird Remix: Birds of the World Bundle

Just what does Barbult do every summer?
    Orihime the Weaver Girl is separated from her husband Hikoboshi the Cow Herd 364 days a year by the Milky Way.
    But on the seventh day of the seventh lunar month a flock of magpies feeling sorry for them rises up to form a living
    bridge across the heavens. Barbult also feeling for them volunteers to drive them to the celebration held in their honor.

Historical Reference: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanabata

This is amazing! I recognize myself by the hyacinth color and long beak. Fantastic and imaginative!!
    edited December 1969

Thanks Barbult
    here s a closer up
    you were a complete mashup Bird Cult face texture with color from googled hyacinth macaw, Vacasoft creature add on beak
    mifuyu hair, kuruku leggings, teen ashley sneakers and Mytilus Geisha top from Renderosity

barbultCU.jpg
    864 x 691 - 409K
  • luci45luci45 Posts: 2,648
    edited December 1969

MelanieL's Holiday on Bananaquit Beach

tag: luci45#3

Melanie (in the red dress) was feeling a bit annoyed. Her friends had talked her into a seaside holiday with glowing descriptions of a new nearby art museum with lovely gardens. The "museum" turned out to be very small gallery that showed stupid mass-produced canvases, and the gardens were a few pitiful imported palm trees. They decided to stroll on the beach and Melanie was not paying much attetion to anything, only thinking about going home. Overhead Bananaquit birds screached without mercy.

"Melanie dear, someone is calling to you," her friend Ardis said with a giggle. "Look, on that big rock behind us."

Melanie came out of her dark reverie and turned to see her old friend Merman Mike, a guy who often turned up in very odd surroundings. He seemed very at home here on the beach, supervising his step children and an old sea turtle. She spoke to him for a bit and he said he would be free that evening and perhaps she and her friends would like to join him at the tiki bar. That brightened her mood and they all agreed to meet that evening.

"What a strange chap," Morgan said as they continued on their stroll.

"Wait 'til you meet his friends," Melanie replied.

Used:
    Playground Set 1 Poses
    Green Sea Turtle
    Gia Hair
    Bananaquit

Also used:
    Creature Creator for Genesis 2 Female
    V3 Conforming / Morphing Mertail
    Effortless Cool for Genesis Male
    Summer Casuals Fitted Sundress
    Summer Night Ensemble
    Summerwear For Genesis
    Town and Country for Genesis
    Braxton for M5
    PH Charming
    Michael 4 Long Beard
    Pure Hair: Rock n' Roll
    Timeless Male Hair
    Santo for M5
    Ulrich for M4
    Ultimo Paradiso sand
    Background photo by Luci
    Teen Swag Flip flops

bananaquit_beach.jpg
    1600 x 1066 - 327K
    edited December 1969

Luci45 said:
    MelanieL's Holiday on Bananaquit Beach

tag: luci45#3

That is beautiful. You always have the most lovely light in your renders.
    edited February 2014

Thanks, MelanieL (and I finally posted my renders on the Entries thread. Thanks.) Thanks, barbult, I love playing with lighting. I sometimes spend more time on that than posing the scene. And I had some help from Photoshop and Filter Forge getting that really bright look - probably looks more like California (where I live) than England. I guess the sun shines there one in a while though?

Ncamp I love it! I guess Richard does too. (But he doesn't need the screwdriver. He must have strong jaws and sharp teeth. Maybe they modeled the Lycan after him. Maybe the DAZ Monstosities are real!)

Good one, barbult, looks just like Scott's avatar, which no doubt look like Scott. ;-)

Gosh, Ken, you do come close to those lines (that shouldn't be crossed.) With that pull though, what else could you do? You are next on my list and I have thought of something that maybe I shouldn't post, but probably will. Mwahahaha... But I think you will like it.

You were so nice to barbult, Totte. I hope the kid doesn't get ice cream on the cherry trees.

gopherus, that it awesome! Your renders are so unique and have wonderful mad exhuberence! You are on my list after Ken and I hope I pull some fun and wacky items.

Pull #4
    Ruths Redemption
    Magic for Carnival Entrance
    Easy Environments Greenlands
    Blue-Backed Manakin

Post edited by luci45 on
    edited December 1969

Great one Luci, I have to agree, your rendars are always beautiful and colorful.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,514
    edited December 1969

...*whew* so far so good.

edited December 1969

barbult said:
    I have my next draw:
    Egyptian Action for A3
    Eweyai for V4

Also Used:
    Dream Home Great Room
    Dream Home Great Room various furnishings
    Dream Home Kitchen
    Various shaders
    Michael 4
    Thomas for M4 morph
    Stefan for M4 texture
    Mitch hair
    Spex
    Diner Food 1
    Diner Tableware
    Everyday Groceries
    Millennium Cat
    Smartphone and Tablet (tablet)
    HDR Pro Sets Monterey skydome
    Tamaki FDR Fusion to put texture on
    Genesis 2 Female Danika
    Dream Hair
    Ron's Water
    Ron's Splashes

Tag: barbult #2
    The Best Day in Ken OBanion's Life

Ken OBanion was happy to be home in Texas after a long cold assignment in the frozen Midwest. He got up and threw open the door to let in the warm sunshine. He gave his cat, Siegfried, the last of the milk and prepared his own usual breakfast of toast and martini.

Ken logged into the DAZ store to check on the new releases. "Wow! Stephanie 6. Man, she's HOT! I want her.", Ken exclaimed. Ken's musical taste leaned toward Wagner, for the most part, but the sight of Stephanie 6 prompted him to indulge in his guilty pleasure: Rick Springfield. He sang softly to himself, "Where can I find a woman like that? I wish that I had..."

Ken's reverie was interrupted by the RRRRoar of an engine and the squeal of tires. Alexis flew through the open door on her purple motorcycle. She wiped out as she hit the shiny hardwood floor and jumped off in the nick of time. "I've left Martin!", she yelled, "He's a sham! I saw the movie 'Roxanne'. I know that you scripted his every word - his every action. It's YOU I love, Ken OBanion! It's YOU!!"

A Huge grin spread across Ken's face. He finished his song. "I wish that I had Martin's girl."

And now he does!

RRRR_Yamaki_FDR_Egyptian_A3_DHGR_Nook_Poses_Eweya_PSi.jpg
    2000 x 1600 - 1M
    edited December 1969

barbult said:

Ken OBanion was happy to be home in Texas after a long cold assignment in the frozen Midwest. He got up and threw open the door to let in the warm sunshine. He gave his cat, Siegfried, the last of the milk and prepared his own usual breakfast of toast and martini.

Ken logged into the DAZ store to check on the new releases. "Wow! Stephanie 6. Man, she's HOT! I want her.", Ken exclaimed. Ken's musical taste leaned toward Wagner, for the most part, but the sight of Stephanie 6 prompted him to indulge in his guilty pleasure: Rick Springfield. He sang softly to himself, "Where can I find a woman like that? I wish that I had..."

Ken's reverie was interrupted by the RRRRoar of an engine and the squeal of tires. Alexis flew through the open door on her purple motorcycle. She wiped out as she hit the shiny hardwood floor and jumped off in the nick of time. "I've left Martin!", she yelled, "He's a sham! I saw the movie 'Roxanne'. I know that you scripted his every word - his every action. It's YOU I love, Ken OBanion! It's YOU!!"

A Huge grin spread across Ken's face. He finished his song. "I wish that I had Martin's girl."

And now he does!

I don't know what Ken will say, but I think you've outdone yourself on this one barbult, magnificent, fantastic, superb ;-)

edited February 2014

Totte said:
    barbult said:

I don't know what Ken will say, but I think you've outdone yourself on this one barbult, magnificent, fantastic, superb ;-)
    :-) :cheese: Thanks!
    I was surprised how well the poses I drew fit right in. Ken's pose is exactly from the DHGR Nook poses, without any modification needed. I was shocked how well the A3 Egyptian pose went on G2F. I really had fun with this one. You came up with an incredible theme for this round of RRRR!!

Edited to add: I did add the expressions to Ken and Alexis. The expression did not come with the poses.

Post edited by barbult on
  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,091
    edited February 2014

Was absent again yesterday but thought I'd look in today (before I start working on my #3 having eventually thought of what to do) and see what's going on:
    @barbult - #1 - Love the Scott-Livingston hairdresser - especially the sign! - and your Scott looks perfect.
    #2 - Really good Ken spoof there! Clever carry-forward of his story renders, and I'm relieved that he chose to wear the PJs instead of the Eweyai outfit :-)
    @Ken OBanion - #4 - so when did you meet Gretchen and get her story? I love his expression.
    @Totte - #5 - lovely idea with the cherry trees, and I like the way you worked in so many of barbult's artwork on the walls.
    @gopherus - fun render, I love the fish-on-a-stick bait! And thanks for your comments on mine.
    @Luci45 - #3 - wow! lovely render and nice story - I see my Merman turned up too :) As for the beach, well ... go to Cornwall on the best day of Summer and squint and who knows?!

Post edited by MelanieL on
    edited December 1969

Totte said:
    barbult said:

And now he does!

I agree with that completely! Wow! (Ken is such a fun subject too.)

As burbult said, this is an incredible contest theme, Totte. Lots of fun!

I'm glad you liked it, MelanieL. I bought the mermaid tail just for you. That character always made me giggle.

edited February 2014

Thanks for you comments Melanie and I agree barbult, this one was the funniest RRRR in a really long time.

Pull #6

#3397 River Boat
    #4036 The Church Bundle
    #2425 KillZones The Alley Way
    #1440 Daiyu V5

Two dry ground environments and a boat, this is even awkwardly awkward (or how the master of words KenOBanion would have put it),

Edit: Thanks Luci, it was a little hard to iron it out as you remember in the last thread, but I finally got something that worked. I'm already thinking we have to run this one in da capo as Ken would say ;)

Post edited by Totte on
    edited December 1969

Would be interesting to "collect" what info these renders tells you about those being mocked. I for example so far:
    - Dated the Gretchen in college and does the oppa gangnam style to Springsteen together with a fox .

edited February 2014

barbult said:

Tag: barbult #2

And now he does!

Whoa! what can I say!?

Apart from a few minor (and I do mean minor!) inaccuracies, this is simply delightful!

First, the inaccuracies:
    - I am allergic to cats, so I do not have one. (But if I did, he would definitely be named Siegfried. Or she would be named Brunhilde.)
    - I do not particularly care for toast; I'm more the croissant type. (And I'm going to assume that that is a jar of Rose's Lime Marmalade in front of me on the counter....)

Other than that, however.... You nailed me! Right down to the iPad!

Awesome job, barbult! Just plain brilliant! (Because Totte already hogged all the other cool superlatives...!)

(And I actually end up getting the girl! Hot damn, how cool is that!?)

Post edited by Ken OBanion on
    edited December 1969

Whoa! what can I say!?

Apart from a few minor (and I do mean minor!) inaccuracies, this is simply delightful!

First, the inaccuracies:
    - I am allergic to cats, so I do not have one. (But if I did, he would definitely be named Siegfried. Or she would be named Brunhilde.)
    - I do not particularly care for toast; I'm more the croissant type. (And I'm going to assume that that is a jar of Rose's Lime Marmalade in front of me on the counter....)

Awesome job, barbult! Just plain brilliant! (Because Totte already hogged all the other cool superlatives...!)

Ken, I've been on the proverbial pins and needles all day, waiting to find out how you responded to my little snapshot of your life. I'm thrilled that you enjoyed it (inaccuracies noted for future reference)! You are a good sport; you seem to be a favored target for this contest.

The cat came about, because one of my drawn items (Egyptian Action for A3) said it included poses for the Mil Cat. However, when I tried to find them, they didn't seem to be included in the package installed by the DIM. I left the cat in anyway.

edited December 1969

barbult said:

Whoa! what can I say!?

First, the inaccuracies:

Ken, I've been on the proverbial pins and needles all day, waiting to find out how you responded to my little snapshot of your life. I'm thrilled that you enjoyed it (inaccuracies noted for future reference)! You are a good sport; you seem to be a favored target for this contest.

The cat came about, because one of my drawn items (Egyptian Action for A3) said it included poses for the Mil Cat. However, when I tried to find them, they didn't seem to be included in the package installed by the DIM. I left the cat in anyway.

My apologies for keeping you on tenterhooks all day, but I took my mom shopping this morning. (I had to make a run to the local -- 'local', in this case, being about sixty miles away -- World Market, for a bottle of avocado oil, and to Barnes & Noble for a book on ASP.NET MVC 4; both destinations were at the nearest regional mall, at The Woodlands. I invited her along, mostly because she doesn't get to travel to the big malls very much these days.) Lunch and a raid on Bed Bath & Beyond were also on the agenda. (She's re-doing her bathrooms, so shower-curtain hooks were on the list.) A brief stop to pick up a fresh supply of hearing-aid batteries (hers, not mine; although my time is coming). New shear panels to frame the French doors, front and back -- okay, she's not just re-doing the bathrooms; she is determined to expunge all traces of burgundy from her decorating scheme throughout the house!

As usual, it turned into a full-day outing; we didn't get back till after five. Then, of course, I had to mix my cocktail, before I could check the forum.

Yeah, I do seem to have a bulls-eye on my forehead, don't I? But, truth to tell, I'm rather enjoying the attention! And so far, there's been nothing really malicious, either from anyone, nor toward anyone, so..., it's all good!

And I'm going to join the consensus, and proclaim this one the best, most fun, most rollicking RRRR yet! (Only one question, though: I know it's a bit early to think about this, but.... What do we do for an encore?)

edited February 2014

MelanieL said:
    So, my third pull:
    65 = Eastern Dragon
    1725 = Brothers for Growing Up Genesis 2 Male(s) and M6
    505 = Mitsu Hair for Genesis
    657 = Easy Going Poses for Michael 5
    Hmm, this one doesn't really make me think of anyone in particular - may need a bit more time...

Well, I'm not really happy with how this turned out, but I it took me so long to get this far that I can't face starting again, so here goes...

TAG:MelanieL#3

Title: Captain Totte Proudly Presents His Cadet Unit

Captain Totte prided himself on the order and discipline which he instilled in his young Cadet Force unit.
    Today he was particularly proud, because his unit was to feature on a national television program.
    After all the work he had put into drilling his Cadets, he was certain they would impress the viewing public.

Used: Brothers "Garth Younger Teen" shape and texture on the twins (one G2M Base, one M6) fighting over the toy dragon and "Garry Older Teen" on their elder brother (M6) smoothing his hair. Several boys are in poses from (or slightly modified from) Easy Going Poses.

Also Used:
    Captain Totte: M6 with Stratton (M4) texture
    Garry: Pure Hair Punk
    Other Boys (L-R): Gabriel, Ash, Caleb, Colin, Lance/Jayden, Jayden with Beach Hair - with various Growing Up morphs applied
    Uniforms for M6
    Girl 1: Aiko 5, Aussie Girl Outfit, Flower Power sandals
    Girl 2: Deborah for YT, Pink Ink outfit, Ballerina Assembly Kit shoes
    Urban Sprawl 2

The first pic is the original render, the second is my entry.

Captain-Totte-A.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 307K
    Captain-Totte.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 346K
    Post edited by MelanieL on
    edited December 1969

Luci45 said:

I'm glad you liked it, MelanieL. I bought the mermaid tail just for you. That character always made me giggle.

@Luci45 - My goodness, that's dedication! I hope you find more use for the tail than that! My ubiquitous Merman is just the ancient creature that came free with a PC Membership three years ago, with appalling skin - I wondered how you got such a good skin texture from him in your render.
    @Totte - and +3 (or 4? or 5? I lost count) on this being the fun-est RRRR yet. :-)

Pull number 4:

1600 = Aircraft Spidi
    519 = Carnival Midway Interiors
    309 = More Deadly Edges
    493 = Elleth Hair