Show Us Your Bryce Renders Part 11

Comments

• Rieke77Rieke77 Posts: 618

@ Horo - beautiful island terrain! I think, with sandy beach and water it looks awesome.

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,098

Horo : the island terrain is unusual, great idea though. I like the atmosphere.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,116

Hansmar, Rieke77 and adbc - thank you.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,996

Lovely experiment Horo, I like the effect.

Thank you mermaid.

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,756
    edited April 2020

I have been quite active. First I used the fairy that I used in another render. I put a weird lens in front of it and a reflecting sphere around. Result is simply called 'Fairy'.

Next an island made with a photo of a painting as starting point, but some limited posterising used. And then some reworking of the edges.

Then I made a city based on a terrain, based on a painting, but poserised, so totally irrelevant what the source was. I used the mirror box as suggested by Horo and made a render during a storm and after a storm. Finally another terrain, based on a painting, which you also cannot see anymore. Too much bumpiness, I think, but still wanted to show it.

Fairy.jpg
    875 x 875 - 319K
    Bumpy island.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 921K
    storm over the city_3.jpg
    875 x 875 - 615K
    storm over the city_3a.jpg
    875 x 875 - 817K
    ridges.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 1M
    Post edited by Hansmar on
    edited April 2020

Hansmar - active indeed. The Fairy is a beautiful image, the island looks quite good. the cities look very good, I prefer the second. The last one didn't come out very well. Using a photo or picture can result in great terrains, they can prove to be unusable, and everything in between. However, the main thing is having fun with experimenting.

Dave Savage's Desert Temple in the desert at the foot of a mountain.

Desert Temple on Foot of Mountain

DT-FoM.jpg
    1200 x 750 - 231K
    Post edited by Horo on

Hansmar - very nice experiments, my fav will be the Fairy - beautiful render

Horo - superb render of Dave's temple at the foot of the mountain

@ Hansmar - great experiments. I like all images, but my favorite is the city during a storm.

@ Horo - wonderful landscape with beautiful temple.

edited April 2020

mermaid - thank you.

Rieke77 - thank you. The Desert Temple by Dave Savage is free, see here: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/139406/bryce-freebie-desert-temple-model-at-last

Post edited by Horo on

Hansmar : great experiments, the fairy has my preference. The island looks very good, and the cities with different weather conditions are well done. The last one is quite special and indeed a bit bumpy.

Horo : excellent render with the desert temple.

edited April 2020

I used 3 products for this render- vegetation, the terrain material from Terrain Stacking and Hdri from Object Clouds 2D-3D for lighting

shrubs-veg1.jpg
    750 x 562 - 449K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on
    edited April 2020

Horo, mermaid010, Rieke77, adbc: Thank you. Nice to see the different preferences. 

Horo: That is a fantastic mountain dwarfing that temple like that.

I kept experimenting. Another landscape. Again, a painting (of a yellow cat) was the source. But quite a lot modified, so not recognisable in the end at all. However, it was less bumpy than the one in the previous 'ridges' render and therefore leads to a more realistic terrain. I used the fading mirror box again. I quite like this trick to create large terrains with not too much effort. The texture is almost 'out of the box', one from David Brinnen and the sky is also almost out of the box, but I don't really recall which one I took.

Then I started playing with weird 'lenses' again. This scene is just one girl with one weird lens before the camera and two infinite reflecting planes left and right. The choice of location of sun is critical in these kinds of renders. I call this one 'Alice', I guess you can understand why.

mountainrange_paint.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 2M
    Alice.jpg
    875 x 875 - 661K

mermaid010; Wow, that is a fantastic landscape render. Wonderful vegetation and great mountain.

@ Horo - thank you so much for the link.
     This beautiful temple will surely find a place in one of my next images.

@ mermaid010 - this looks so beautiful. I like the vegetation.

@ Hansmar - I can't believe it, that this terrain comes from a cat image. It looks very good.
    And the lens experiments are really amazing for me.

@ Slepalex - your forest path looks so great.

adbc - thank you.

mermaid - very beautiful, the vegetation looks great, light and atmosphere are spot on.

Hansmar - thank you. Again, very interesting results of your experiments.

Slepalex - beautifully detailed vegetation, the small creek and the forest.

Rieke77 - glad you found the Desert Temple. Small tip: if you use it in a dark environment (late evening, night) remember to un-hide the radials within the temple to get the light out of the windows.

mermaid : fantastic render, great use of the vegetation and atmosphere.

Hansmar : I like your experiments. The yellow cat terrain is very good, Alice is intriguing.

Slepalex : Just like a photo, awesome detailed image.

edited April 2020

Hansmar - thanks,  interesting results with your experiments, I like the lens effect.

Slepalex - beautiful detailed forest scene, awesome work as usual

Rieke77 - thanks

Horo - thanks

Post edited by mermaid010 on

Adbc - thanks

@ Horo - thank you so much for your tip!

@ Slepalex - I think it looks like a photo - awesome.

Slepalex - very noce photo-realistic scene. As always full of details.

Slepalex - once again a beautiful landscape, superb render

edited April 2020

Slepalex: Two very wonderful landscape renders. All that vegetation in the sunny glade is very realistic and so is the path to the gorge.

Rieke77: Well, the cat painting was already not extremely realistic, but a cat image it was. And thanks, of course.

adbc, Horo, mermaid010: Thanks.

Two new renders. First a landscape, this time based on a picture in my files that I do not remember how it was made. On one side it was completely white and to the other side there was an increasingly visible group of red blobs. It made for kind of boring ski slope, so I used some editing in the TE in Bryce to get some hills at the end. I added two dead trees one original Bryce tree and one from Foleypro) and the chapel by Drachenlord, a barely visible moon by Dave Savage and a snow cube by Horo. Texture of the terrain modified from Snowcanyon8.

Second another version of Alice. I modified the length of the lens, rotated it a bit, and changed the location and colour of the sun. I also put the two infinite mirrors furher away from the girl.

winterscene.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 1M
    Alice2.jpg
    875 x 875 - 422K

Hansmar - two lovely renders, the lens experiments are fascinating.

@ Hansmar - both renders are great. My favorite is the lens image.

• SlepalexSlepalex Posts: 911
    edited April 2020

Ghost town

The work was done in 2012 and for a long time lay on the shelf. I wanted to supplement it with something, but I didn’t come up with than.  Now I realized that the work was essentially completed.

Post edited by Slepalex on

Slepalex - this came out excellent - not beautiful but very well done.

•  

Wow, lots of great renders! 

adbc - “Terrains” is nicely desolate and I very much like your choice of textures.

yeahrightok - really nice humble model and excellent star scape.

mermaid010 - very evocative landscape. As in all your images excellent choice of colored pallets.

Hansmar - you have been busy! All of them are nice but I particularly like the fairy image and the daytime cityscape.

Hero - your trains and texturing is always extraordinary. Desert temple though is really well done partially because the temple gives a nice sense of scale. The  desert terrain is really nicely done.

Slepalex - your images are always so well done, especially your illumination. The lighting of the buildings in “Paths” is very realistic.

This discussion has been closed.