SITE UPDATES, ANNOUNCEMENTS, AND CUSTOMER SERVICE INFORMATION

Comments

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,084
    edited December 1969

Usually the price you see already reflects the 30% PC discount. Although...is it a DAZ Original item? I ask because I think there has been some changing of the rules and maybe that only applies to DAZ originals, but I'm not sure anymore. Things keep changing...not all for the better.

Dana

• carolinebegbiecarolinebegbie Posts: 162
    edited December 1969

It is a DAZ Original, and I was logged out at the time when I saw it (the top right said "Log In"), and when I logged in, the price did not change.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

It's a FastGrab, so the price is a flat 70% off, PC or non-PC.

• carolinebegbiecarolinebegbie Posts: 162
    edited December 1969

Thank you for elucidating, Mike :).

• Cyn ArtCyn Art Posts: 0
    edited July 2012

Actually, it's listed on Fast Grab but is still offered across the board through the store. :-)
    One pic is from the Fast Grab page, and the other from a normal search.
    Used to be only the Fast Grab page gave the FG price, not the store also.
    Guess everybody gets a break if they miss the Fast Grab page this way, and at the
    same time, the FG Page gives a heads up where to look. (Unless this is unintentional,
    but a nice mistake if it is. :lol: )

NOT_FASTGRAB_PAGE_071612-d.jpg
    606 x 320 - 47K
    AS_ON_FASTGRAB_071612-d.jpg
    752 x 438 - 56K
    Post edited by Cyn Art on
    edited December 1969

Came back to ask if there is any plan of putting the links to the items back onto the invoices and/or Itemized Order History.
    If not, I'd like to request that please be considered, or add to other requests, whichever the case. ~ I miss the links nudging my memory when I don't recognize the title. If I still don't recognize it by the product page, I know to check and see if I missed a download (or installation). Right now, it's a multiple effort and adds to more handling. Thanks for listening. :)

• edited December 1969

When will the Customer Service system be working again? I've got two tickets in and haven't had any contact from a CS representative. I put the first ticket in on June 23,2012 and the other on July 08, 2012.

• s l fs l f Posts: 147
    edited December 1969

I am now experiencing a problem which I don't think has been mentioned before.

I have been trying to purchase "Sushi Time Two" - a freebie I know but you still have to 'purchase' it - and I can't because every time I hit the checkout button I get the following message:

"Please check billing address information. Please enter the first name. Please enter the last name. Please enter the street. Please enter the city. Please enter the zip/postal code. Please enter the country. Please enter the state/province."

The thing is, I do have these details filled in and have been using them happily up until now.
    I have tried
    - reselecting the 'Billing information' shortcut on the dropdown list
    - filling in all details, even those not required.
    - creating a new billing address
    - creating a new billing address while muttering under my breath

None of the above proved to be successful.

Does anybody have any suggestions as to what the problem might be. Thank you.

edited July 2012

I've gotten this a few times. I thought I couldn't be the only one, or the first one. The first time it happened, I tried again, then I clicked on the dropdown (even though my main billing address was already selected in it, and I have no other) and selected my billing info, then went through the steps again. The first time, I got a warning that I can only make an order for a product once. But it went through. For this freebie it happened again, but I didn't get the error and it went through just fine. Just be sure to go through the steps again, don't go right to the last step. That could be another bug, I guess.

9 weeks! I don't really see much improvement! And at least a couple of things are worse...it still doesn't remember that I want 60 items per page in the catalog...it did when the site first was being worked on. And actually, I don't remember having this problem with the checkout process until the June freebie I think.

Dana

Post edited by DanaTA on
    edited July 2012

DanaTA said:
    I've gotten this a few times. I thought I couldn't be the only one, or the first one. The first time it happened, I tried again, then I clicked on the dropdown (even though my main billing address was already selected in it, and I have no other) and selected my billing info, then went through the steps again. The first time, I got a warning that I can only make an order for a product once. But it went through. For this freebie it happened again, but I didn't get the error and it went through just fine. Just be sure to go through the steps again, don't go right to the last step. That could be another bug, I guess.

9 weeks! I don't really see much improvement! And at least a couple of things are worse...it still doesn't remember that I want 60 items per page in the catalog...it did when the site first was being worked on. And actually, I don't remember having this problem with the checkout process until the June freebie I think.

Dana

Thank Dana :) - I actually did try what you suggested a number of times during my multitude of attempts to successfully checkout and it never worked. I've even tried putting in new billing information a couple of times, but it hasn't worked.

Now I get alternating messages - if I don't get the original error message that I quoted I get 'Can not create invoice. Order was not found.' which only adds to the stress levels. I have to laugh about this otherwise I would be weeping.

Edited to add:
    And now it has finally gone through. Don't know that I've done anything different on this gazillionth attempt but it has finally cleared - yay! I think I've only spent about half an hour trying to process one order.

Post edited by s l f on
  • Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

I got the same error with that product. First time I'd seen it. The order did go through after just a couple attempts--selecting the address link from the dropdown seemed to do the trick.

edited December 1969

s l f said:

Thank Dana :) - I actually did try what you suggested a number of times during my multitude of attempts to successfully checkout and it never worked. I've even tried putting in new billing information a couple of times, but it hasn't worked.

Now I get alternating messages - if I don't get the original error message that I quoted I get 'Can not create invoice. Order was not found.' which only adds to the stress levels. I have to laugh about this otherwise I would be weeping.

Edited to add:
    And now it has finally gone through. Don't know that I've done anything different on this gazillionth attempt but it has finally cleared - yay! I think I've only spent about half an hour trying to process one order.

Well, what do you expect of a system that is more stable? :-/

Dana

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,329
    edited December 1969

s l f said:
    I am now experiencing a problem which I don't think has been mentioned before.

I have been trying to purchase "Sushi Time Two" - a freebie I know but you still have to 'purchase' it - and I can't because every time I hit the checkout button I get the following message:

"Please check billing address information. Please enter the first name. Please enter the last name. Please enter the street. Please enter the city. Please enter the zip/postal code. Please enter the country. Please enter the state/province."

The thing is, I do have these details filled in and have been using them happily up until now.
    I have tried
    - reselecting the 'Billing information' shortcut on the dropdown list
    - filling in all details, even those not required.
    - creating a new billing address
    - creating a new billing address while muttering under my breath

None of the above proved to be successful.

Does anybody have any suggestions as to what the problem might be. Thank you.

When I got this error the only way I could get it to take is to delete out the stored address and re-enter it. After I did that it went through.

• wimvdb_dc63ee9ce6wimvdb_dc63ee9ce6 Posts: 183
    edited December 1969

The store is really seriously bugged.
    First it did not let me add an item to the cart (2 minutes earlier 2 others were added without problems), I tried it a few times and nothing happened.
    Went back to the store main page and the thing was added after all.
    Then I went to check out and the billing address error popped up (4 days ago it was fine). Did it again and got the error that no items were available in my order list
    I gave up and checked My account.
    Surprise - a new order was listed. Checked the order and there it was. I had not give any confirmation of the order at all, so it should not have gone through at all
    Went to the Downloadable files section and there they were. I picked up the files and then to my surprose - there was another set of the same files in the list.
    Checked my Account for double orders - No, there weren't. Except - in the orderlist all the files were mentioned twice as well. Checked the price - No, it was only once ordered and once charged for each item.

So although everything was fine in the end - there are way too many bug in this store. After 2 months of bug solving these kind of things should never happen anymore (especially the skipping of the order confirmation is really bad)

• BlazeMystEraBlazeMystEra Posts: 464
    edited December 1969

Just out of curiosity... is it planned to get PA Items in the FG someday again or will it stay DAZ'Os only?

edited December 1969

:-/ Can someone explain to me how to use this search feature to get it to work right? Is there something special I need to do, or is all this unnecessary stuff thrown in here on purpose in hopes of us having an attack of impulse buying from being forced to plow through it all?

:long: If that's a yes, it's having the opposite effect . . . just so ya know.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,668
    edited December 1969

If you are searching for a specific thing it works reasonably well, as long as you aren't starting from a category page (I always start from New releases or the home page). I haven't tried searching for a broad category of items, though.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

If you hit the down arrow at the right of the search field (ok, click on it - hitting might hurt your screen ;) ) you can choose the advanced search.
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/catalogsearch/advanced/

edited December 1969

Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water....

More shopping cart troubles to report I'm afraid. :long: Saw a couple of new releases that were really attractive - had just finished a rather traumatic day so thought I deserved a treat and decided to buy these goodies - as in throw some money Daz's way. Little did I realise the fun was only just beginning.

- The items would not go into my cart. The page would tell me that they had been put in my cart but the cart remained empty. I tried several times but the cart remained empty. Of course, because the cart was registering as empty I couldn't go into it and see if the products were actually in the cart despite what the cart summary was saying.
    - I tried several times to no avail - both from the new release page and from the individual pages for each item.
    - I logged out, logged back in and tried again - still no luck.
    - Got the bright idea of putting the items into my wishlist and then trying to transfer them into my cart from there. The items wouldn't even go into my wishlist.
    - Thought it might be a temporary glitch so went away for half an hour or so and did other interwebs stuff. When I came back it still didn't work.
    - I said some very rude words causing the paint to peel in several places on my walls.
    - Tried a couple more times and then, suddenly, for no obvious reason the items went into my cart and I was able to check out without any hassles. :-/ Well, colour me perplexed.

Something that gets me though is I know that if I wasn't somewhat OCD and damned stubborn I would have given up on trying to make the purchase a long time before it actually succeeded, and I wonder how many people are giving up?

These days I'm finding shopping at Daz to be a chore rather than a pleasure and while it makes my bank balance very happy indeed, I find it somewhat disheartening. I don't like the fact that I feel that I have to mentally gird my loins every time I enter the Daz Store because chances are I'll have to undergo an ordeal in order to purchase anything.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Just wondering... it's been nearly two months, when are we going to see a store page where everything always appears in the same order if you use the same Sort By setting? I was looking at the new stuff that was released today, and I realised it's still not easy to know whether all the items seen in the first New Releases page that weren't there yesterday, are actually all of the new items. I'm moderately sure the order isn't changing any more when I switch from Show 15 to Show 60, but the order of the entire New Releases listing is definitely not fixed when reloading the page, or going from one page to another. It's getting to the point where I'm not sure any more what's new in the last couple of days, and what's about to fall off the end of New Releases and go off intro sale.

It's been nearly two months...

• foxyladyfoxylady Posts: 0
    edited July 2012

The "Taylor Hair Sale‏" newsletter is only the second one I got I could read. Have any of the Daz gurus figured out why this is happening? Do any of the Daz gurus care?

Post edited by foxylady on
    edited December 1969

Things still change order when I switch from 15 to 60 per page or back. It's baffling, really. Changing sort order should not affect how many items show up, and changing how many items per page should not change the sort order. Is there a hamster on an exercise wheel running this site?

Maybe the column in the database that stores the date added value only stores the day month and year but not the time of day. That might explain some of it anyway.

Dana

edited July 2012

If you are searching for a specific thing it works reasonably well, as long as you aren't starting from a category page (I always start from New releases or the home page). I haven't tried searching for a broad category of items, though.

If you hit the down arrow at the right of the search field (ok, click on it - hitting might hurt your screen ;) ) you can choose the advanced search.
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/catalogsearch/advanced/

Thanks, you guys. I was thinking "AHA!!!" with the advanced search link, but, unfortunately there's no "exact phrase" and there was just as much junk as the regular search. I've used multiple techniques for the seizure, but still get unnecessary extraneous info and the actual titled item is far down. Apparently the advanced search could use an "exact phrase" option. :gulp: (Or am I missing that?)

Hopefully they've added it to the list. A good search system sidesteps nonsense, or at least lists it afterward. ~ Probably a bit low priority at this point, I'd think.

Was top of the list searched through Google, though. :-) (Saw that somewhere and finally remembered . . . but who said that? ~ Doh! Sorry. Brain's working better today, but not that much. LoL %-P Thx, also, though.)

ADD: Ooooo. Thought of another technique. Using the advanced search, for two words separated by a space, I put the first word of the title in the "name" (top field), and the exact phrase of the title - two words - in the "Meta Keywords" field. It brought the search down to two items, the 2nd being the product with the exact name. :lol: (I'll call that one a success! lol Will have to see how that plays out, ratio wise.)

ADD AGAIN: Test over. Not perfect, but does seem to cut it down to the least number of items, although sometimes still quite a few. But best of the other similar searches I've tried using "Advanced", it seems. ~ Btw, threw the link onto the Bookmark Toolbar, Kerya. :-) Thx!

Post edited by Cyn Art on
    edited December 1969

At least it helps a bit. I too am wishing that we could use something like "word1 word2" for exact phrases ...

edited December 1969

A question to those in the know...

If one has a store credit and that storecredit is higher than the price of the item in your cart... will the rest amount of the credit stay or will one lose the whole credit (like with the pc coupons)?

And... if one uses the pc coupon can one additionally use the store credit (and will the rest amount of the credit stay or be lost)?

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,679
    edited December 1969

If one has a store credit and that storecredit is higher than the price of the item in your cart... will the rest amount of the credit stay or will one lose the whole credit (like with the pc coupons)?

And... if one uses the pc coupon can one additionally use the store credit (and will the rest amount of the credit stay or be lost)?

It remains till next use.

edited December 1969

Proof they are working at the store:
    on the item pages the links to Required Products and Published Artist(s) are working now!

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited July 2012

Store credit worls in the same way as using gift certs. ie it never expires, so the balance will be there for when you next want to use it, and yes you can use the coupon and then use store credit to pay the balance of the order with no problems.
    store_order.png
    245 x 375 - 4K
    Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

Thank you MissBadWolf and chohole :)

• foxyladyfoxylady Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Now I have another purchase that will not download. Since it is Sunday, there is no one there to release it. Why does Daz do this on the weekends when there is no help if we need it?

It was NOT safe to go back in the water again.