*closed* RRRR - One day in XXXs life Render Contest (With prizes galore)

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,050
    edited December 1969

Ken, pace yourself! You are going to run out of your 7 entries before the week ends. You might miss out on some good late-joining targets.

• Ken OBanionKen OBanion Posts: 1,447
    edited December 1969

barbult said:
    Ken, pace yourself! You are going to run out of your 7 entries before the week ends. You might miss out on some good late-joining targets.

Well, if I do end up 'hitting the wall', I can always do a few 'non-competes'! Hey, I've done it before!

But I am starting to hold back a bit, waiting for the weather to settle (because that is the 'random' factor in random.org), so I can, maybe, perhaps, just hopefully, get a pull that would put Jack Tomalin squarely in the crosshairs! (I already know what I want to do for (to?) him; I just need the right mix!)

edited December 1969

barbult said:

Well, if I do end up 'hitting the wall', I can always do a few 'non-competes'! Hey, I've done it before!

But I am starting to hold back a bit, waiting for the weather to settle (because that is the 'random' factor in random.org), so I can, maybe, perhaps, just hopefully, get a pull that would put Jack Tomalin squarely in the crosshairs! (I already know what I want to do for (to?) him; I just need the right mix!)

Oh my! I drew two of Jack's items. But I have someone else in my crosshairs. I didn't think of picking on Jack, but that should have been obvious. I'll leave it to you. Good luck on your selections.

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,649
    edited December 1969

Nice one, Ken! (#2)I guess barbult saved the Carolina Parakeet. Hooray! (#3) Great illustrated story! Your stories are always fun.
    LOL, Totte, Jaderail's 3-martini lunch will never be forgotten. I love the language confusion.
    MelanieL, I love this one, and it does look like Ken's photo. What a hoot! You are my next target - I doubt I can do justice to your wonderful droll style, but I will give it a try.
    OK, Totte, I will add my renders to the voting thread. I am a bit more addle-brained than usual this month.

Pull #3:
    Playground Set 1 Poses
    Green Sea Turtle
    Gia Hair
    Bananaquit

• ncampncamp Posts: 345
    edited December 1969

Title: Just a day of training.
    Person poked fun at: Richard
    Pull No 1

Story:
    Richard is having to train a new admin. Just a look at his computer screen with some typical emails, chats and button for repetitive tasks.

Items:
    Persephone Hair for Genesis 2 Female(s)
    Point of Impact
    Reflections Furniture DS
    Witch Gear

Also Used:
    Gia GF2
    GF2
    Saros 7 Holodeck Monitor
    Parts of Maclean's Class Room
    Micah Hair
    Parts of The Study
    Parts of Toolbox
    Heart Attack
    School Supplies

Click on the Pic to see a larger view so you can see the details.

ncamp

RRR_Entry_1a.png
    2000 x 1500 - 2M
  • TotteTotte Posts: 13,473
    edited December 1969

TAG: 0banion#03
    Title: Unannounced Visitors
    (A Day in the Life of MelanieL)

The day started like any other. MelanieL was putting the final touches on her outfit for an upcoming cosplay convention, when she heard the most god-awful racket coming from outside. She instantly got a mental picture of a cat being sucked into a vacuum cleaner -- a Dyson UltraSuck 9000 Magnum, from the sound of it. She ran out, behind the house, to see her neighbor, Laura, sitting in the strangest-looking contraption she had ever seen!

Interesting idea Ken, I like it!
    Melanie as a time traveler,

edited December 1969

ncamp said:

Pull No 1

Story:
    Richard is having to train a new admin. Just a look at his computer screen with some typical emails, chats and button for repetitive tasks.

Poor Richard, I bet it's like that ;-)
    Great idea!

edited February 2014

Tag: Totte #4

Totte said:

#3905 Supermasks for Genesis
    #3730 Snow Drift for Tertius (Rendo)
    #1931 Forest Scout (2nd time this round)
    #3450 Rubble

Also used:
    Tertius Frost + FM Easy Environments Winter
    Porcelain Players: WestPark Abolution (Toilet, hacked in Hexagon) + Genesis Basic Male + Tale Hero + AlexioHair / Wagner Hair
    Percussion: ART Toxic + Genesis + Obi for genesis + Dictator
    Guitarist: Genesis Basic Male + Roaming Scout + P3D Tom Mats + Melody Man Electric Guitars + Rock Star Action + 3dpr VoxAC100Mk2
    Ken OBanion: D5 + Aging Morphs + Mitch hair + Unshaven beard for Genesis + Royal Punk + Melody Man Accessories

One day in KenOBanions life

The Waterloo Symphonic Orchestra is performing Ken OBanion's new symphony, Wellington's Victory in D minor. This first performance was set to take place at an old mountaineering facility in Himalaya, as the very eccentric composer and conductor KenOBanion decided he wanted to perform this as close to God you could get without having to die doing it.

The waterloo Symphonic Orchestra has invented their own sound using the not yet patented Waterloo porcelain section. The percussion section plays on old barrels with radioactive waste. The Cesium-137 has a nice ring to it.

waterloo_symphony_pw-1.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 443K
    Post edited by Totte on
    edited February 2014

Totte said:
    Totte said:

#3450 Rubble

Also used:
    Porcelain Players: WestPark Abolution (Toilet, hacked in Hexagon) + Genesis Basic Male + Tale Hero + AlexioHair / Wagner Hair
    Guitarist: Genesis Basic Male + Roaming Scout + P3D Tom Mats + Melody Man Electric Guitars + Rock Star Action + 3dpr VoxAC100Mk2
    Ken OBanion: D5 + Aging Morphs + Mitch hair + Unshaven beard for Genesis + Royal Punk + Melody Man Accessories

The Waterloo Symphonic Orchestra is performing Ken OBanion's new symphony, Wellington's Victory in D minor. This first performance was set to take place at an old mountaineering facility in Himalaya, as the very eccentric composer and conductor KenOBanion decided he wanted to perform this as close to God you could get without having to die doing it.

The waterloo Symphonic Orchestra has invented their own sound using the not yet patented Waterloo porcelain section. The percussion section plays on old barrels with radioactive waste. The Cesium-137 has a nice ring to it.

Awesomely insane, Totte!! Kudos!!

One question, though: where did you find the baton? I want one!

Post edited by Ken OBanion on
    edited December 1969

in "Melody Man Accessories" ;-)

edited December 1969

Totte said:

TAG: 0banion#03
    Title: Unannounced Visitors
    (A Day in the Life of MelanieL)

The day started like any other. MelanieL was putting the final touches on her outfit for an upcoming cosplay convention, when she heard the most god-awful racket coming from outside. She instantly got a mental picture of a cat being sucked into a vacuum cleaner -- a Dyson UltraSuck 9000 Magnum, from the sound of it. She ran out, behind the house, to see her neighbor, Laura, sitting in the strangest-looking contraption she had ever seen!

Interesting idea Ken, I like it!
    Melanie as a time traveler,

Well, I had to explain that Lycan Hunter outfit somehow!

edited December 1969

barbult said:

And..., this ain't it.

My pull for Round Four:
    1543 - Reflections Vanity Set
    1766 - Shackles of the Inquisition: Shackles & Poses
    2321 - Budding Romance: Stephanie 3 & Michael 3 Couples Poses
    2446 - Lisa's Botanicals - Dead Bushes

Half romantic, and half.... I'm going to have to think about this one a bit! (I can't even figure out who to target!)

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,219
    edited December 1969

Totte said:
    ncamp said:

Pull No 1

Story:

Great idea!

Most of it seems right, but what's the screwdriver for? It's not alcoholic so it's not right.

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,649
    edited December 1969

Totte said:
    Totte said:

#3450 Rubble

Also used:

That is a great one, Totte! I love the porcelain and percussion sections. The green vapor is just awesomely nuts. "as close to God you could get without having to die doing it." I can imagine you were laughing a lot when you did this one. I would have been, especially if I were a bit unhinged from the Nordic winters.

edited December 1969

Thanks Luci, I tried my best to honor Ken with a really nutty render ;-)

edited December 1969

Totte said:
    Thanks Luci, I tried my best to honor Ken with a really nutty render ;-)

I think you succeeded! :lol:

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,092
    edited December 1969

Totte said:
    MelanieL said:
    TAG:MelanieL#2

Well the sun went way over the yardarm some time ago, but,
    Ken OBanion Wonders...
    ... was that last Martini just one too many?

Well done, and you nailed Ken (from his photos anyway)

Oh, yeah, Totte! Spot-on! She even got my nose perfect!

(Actually, it's a little creepy, when you think about it! Maybe I ought to lock down my Facebook, after all...!)
    Actually I'm such an old Luddite, I wouldn't even know how to find you on Facebook - I've only ever used it by following a link to DAZ's page in the old days when they handed out free vouchers there fairly regularly - so my image is entirely based on your tiny avatar here.

edited December 1969

MelanieL said:

Actually I'm such an old Luddite, I wouldn't even know how to find you on Facebook - I've only ever used it by following a link to DAZ's page in the old days when they handed out free vouchers there fairly regularly - so my image is entirely based on your tiny avatar here.

Well, you did a remarkable job on it! Even in profile, it was instantly recognizable! Even my dad picked up on it (and now he thinks I'm even weirder than he did before)!

edited December 1969

Hey, I'm only just catching up with the action since Sunday night (I was out nearly all day yesterday).

@Luci45 - love the Totte gangnam dance! And thanks for the comments - but now you've got me afraid...very afraid!

@Ken - Only just seen your oeuvre #3 - great stuff, I love it! Though if that's meant to be me ... ??? You've definitely never seen a photo!

@ncamp - love your RichardH render - very funny - yes, I did click for full size and love the little details!

@Totte - you Ken render is amazing - I love all the little details in the pic, and the story is great too - suitably zany.

edited February 2014

MelanieL said:

Well, you did a remarkable job on it! Even in profile, it was instantly recognizable! Even my dad picked up on it (and now he thinks I'm even weirder than he did before)!
    ... And that's why I won't be showing my other half your idea of me - it might give him some very odd ideas... :bug:

Post edited by MelanieL on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,517
    edited December 1969

Totte said:
    Totte said:

#3450 Rubble

Also used:

...that is great.

Shades of PDQ Bach.

• ncampncamp Posts: 345
    edited December 1969

Totte said:
    ncamp said:

Pull No 1

Story:

Great idea!

Most of it seems right, but what's the screwdriver for? It's not alcoholic so it's not right.

I put it there so you could pry open the crate of stress balls.

ncamp

edited December 1969

Pull #5 (gosh, don't I have a life?)

#2280 HPG-Officer (Rendo)
    #1257 Classic Art Museum (Rendo)
    #1348 Core Lighting 1
    #4116 The Raccolet House

Two rather large environments, a light-set and a gun. I have an idea, but who to target this time?

edited February 2014

Yamaki GTX-R Textures 2 DS
    Discordia
    Alexios Hair
    West Park Committed

Also Used:
    Genesis M5, D5, dialed morphs
    Genesis 2 Male, Ash charater and glasses
    Beck for M4 skin texture on Scott-Livingston
    Unshaven Beard for Genesis
    V5 Elite Ponytail
    Orion Hair (cuttings on the floor)
    Intern pants and shoes
    Surf shirt from G2M Starter Essentials
    Streetwear jeans and sneakers
    Real Feel Pullover Genesis
    Defiant tunic, cape, sword
    GIS pants, boots
    The Fabricator Mach Pack
    Dragon Queen headpiece
    Moonshines Diner menu board
    Yamaki GTX-R (to put the textures on)
    City Roads
    Timeless Male Hair for Genesis
    Skydome from HDR Pro Sets Urban Recreation
    West Park Treatment Room Specimen chair (purchased just for this picture)
    Shades of Life (metal on chair)
    Supersuit Fantasy Pack (worn leather shader on chair pads)
    Reflect Me hand mirror
    Advanced Ambient Light
    Advanced Spotlight

Tag: barbult #1
    A Day in the Life of Scott-Livingston
    Renowned hair expert, Scott-Livingston, works out of a modest shop in the old converted West Park Sanitarium. He is doing quite well, in spite of (or perhaps because of) his unorthodox tools and techniques, judging from the fancy sports car he parks across the street.

RRRR_Discordia_WP_Committed_GTX-R_Alexios.jpg
    2000 x 1600 - 1M
    Post edited by barbult on
    edited December 1969

barbult said:

Renowned hair expert, Scott-Livingston, works out of a modest shop in the old converted West Park Sanitarium. He is doing quite well, in spite (or perhaps because of) his unorthodox tools and techniques, judging from the fancy sports car he parks across the street.

Nice one barbult, really good Scott there! Btw, you're up next ;-)

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,219
    edited December 1969

ncamp said:
    Totte said:
    ncamp said:

Pull No 1

Story:

Great idea!

I put it there so you could pry open the crate of stress balls.

ncamp

Oh. You mean tearing the crate open with my teeth isn't how I'm meant to reduce stress?

edited December 1969

Totte said:
    barbult said:

Renowned hair expert, Scott-Livingston, works out of a modest shop in the old converted West Park Sanitarium. He is doing quite well, in spite (or perhaps because of) his unorthodox tools and techniques, judging from the fancy sports car he parks across the street.

Nice one barbult, really good Scott there! Btw, you're up next ;-)
    Thanks, Totte. I thought I could see a pretty good resemblance, considering I don't have the morph, skin, clothing, hair or headpiece of the "real" Scott.

edited December 1969

MelanieL said:
    ... And that's why I won't be showing my other half your idea of me - it might give him some very odd ideas... :bug:

Well, I certainly don't want to be giving anyone ideas, odd or otherwise! (Besides, that's my department!)

That's why this current entry is making me very nervous; I don't want to torque anyone off unnecessarily, and that's the direction this one seems to be headed!

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

barbult said:

Renowned hair expert, Scott-Livingston, works out of a modest shop in the old converted West Park Sanitarium. He is doing quite well, in spite of (or perhaps because of) his unorthodox tools and techniques, judging from the fancy sports car he parks across the street.

:lol: This is great! :cheese:
    edited December 1969

barbult said:

:lol: This is great! :cheese:
    Glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for volunteering yourself for harassment!