rduda said:

Armor in works:

Looking good

• tkdroberttkdrobert Posts: 3,532
    rduda said:

Armor in works:

You are the Boss!

• Phloki3dPhloki3d Posts: 124

So I re-watched all of Clone Wars so that I can enjoy the latest and last season,

Whilst watching I was inspired to try and make something stylized; so I gave Anakin a shot.

Apart from him using some of Obi-Wan's clothing as it was all I had, I'm pretty happy with how he came out

• edited April 2020
    rduda said:

FYI Joe got a hold of me:

So are we actually allowed to make and sell Mandalorian helmet models like this here on Daz3d? That would be awesome.

Post edited by FastestDogInTheDistrict on
  • CricketCricket Posts: 434
    rduda said:

So are we actually allowed to make and sell Mandalorian helmet models like this here on Daz3d? That would be awesome.

You can make them, but unless they're hevily modified you wouldn't be able to sell them. Rduda usually makes freebies for this sort of thing.

Phloki3D said:

So I re-watched all of Clone Wars so that I can enjoy the latest and last season,

Whilst watching I was inspired to try and make something stylized; so I gave Anakin a shot.

Apart from him using some of Obi-Wan's clothing as it was all I had, I'm pretty happy with how he came out

Good job.

• evacynevacyn Posts: 958

Custom Jedi outfit...

Nice! Is that kitbash or all custom work?
  • Pann said:
    rduda said:

You can make them, but unless they're hevily modified you wouldn't be able to sell them. Rduda usually makes freebies for this sort of thing.

Pann said:
    rduda said:

What about Mandalorian armor? Is there any kind of official yes/no on this kind of thing - I am guessing the names/terms are copyrighted, but beyond that are there any "thou shalt not"s when it comes to "same but different"?

Pann said:
    rduda said:

Pann said:
    rduda said:

What about Mandalorian armor? Is there any kind of official yes/no on this kind of thing - I am guessing the names/terms are copyrighted, but beyond that are there any "thou shalt not"s when it comes to "same but different"?

You can make Star Wars stuff and offer it for free.  You can't make money off Star Wars without permission and without paying a license fee.  That being said, there are a lot of products in the Daz store that are cleary inspired by Star Wars.  I don't know how much it has to be modified to not be a problem.

• Cool, okay - so "could work well in Star Wars themed scenes, but is not necessarily FROM Star Wars properties/etc." would be okay as that's something already being done with outfits, scenes/locations etc.?

Cool, okay - so "could work well in Star Wars themed scenes, but is not necessarily FROM Star Wars properties/etc." would be okay as that's something already being done with outfits, scenes/locations etc.?

I believe so, yes.

• Cool - thanks! laugh

• JoeQuickJoeQuick Posts: 1,698

Here's where I'm at on my side of things.

turns.jpg
    1120 x 840 - 331K
  • Phloki3dPhloki3d Posts: 124

As part of the bounty hunter hype I've kitbashed a new OC:

• GoggerGogger Posts: 2,303
    edited April 2020

Miss Cara Dune is awaiting her Mandalorian and The Child. Can't wait to get them all together!
    Figure is Cynthia by Kadaj15 at Rendo, with VOSS hair, Sci Fi Raider Outfit (with LOTS of tweaking of shaders), Iray Ghost Kit 3 and some Photoshop with Topaz Stuidios and VOILA!

VT_Cara_Dune_3D_Erik_Pedersen.jpg
    1200 x 1920 - 446K
    Post edited by Gogger on
    JoeQuick said:

Here's where I'm at on my side of things.

heart

Phloki3D said:

As part of the bounty hunter hype I've kitbashed a new OC:

Cool

Team Up: Bossk and Fett

Team Up: Bossk and Fett by tkdrobert

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,505
    edited April 2020

I needed a Hyperspace jump backdrop for a scene, so I made it, here, enjoy!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/58we438uuqjg0iz/BWC-Hyperjump.zip

TheHyperjump.jpg
    800 x 800 - 385K
    Post edited by Totte on
  • GoggerGogger Posts: 2,303
    edited April 2020

A work in progress - a bit too dim for my tastes and needs the lighting to be done in DAZ Studio as Photoshop is not helping how I want it to.  New renders cooking right now. Gensis 3 figure and clothing. I modified the actual texture files for the robe quite a bit to tame that stitching down a little. DForced the hood to conform to Boba's helmet some - wasn't sure how well that worked until I saw it in postwork.  Still tinkering with it.

Fett Undercover - 3D

VT_Boba_Fett_Undercover2_3D_Erik_Pedersen.jpg
    1200 x 1920 - 187K
    Post edited by Gogger on
    Gogger said:

A work in progress - a bit too dim for my tastes and needs the lighting to be done in DAZ Studio as Photoshop is not helping how I want it to.  New renders cooking right now. Gensis 3 figure and clothing. I modified the actual texture files for the robe quite a bit to tame that stitching down a little. DForced the hood to conform to Boba's helmet some - wasn't sure how well that worked until I saw it in postwork.  Still tinkering with it.

Fett Undercover - 3D

Did you try adjusting the Exposure settings?

• JoeQuickJoeQuick Posts: 1,698

I spent a while trying to get the pants closer to right.   I know they're largely obscured by armor and a cape, but I really want this to be a stand out piece.

Soooo, here's where the pants are at.

Couple low poly images, couple high poly images, and then the texturework in progress (i have to paint the color of the stiches back on even if they're shape is still there in the normal and height maps).

LOWPOLYBACK.jpg
    1120 x 840 - 166K
    LOWPOLYFRONT.jpg
    1120 x 840 - 168K
    highpolyback.jpg
    1120 x 840 - 160K
    highpolyfront.jpg
    1120 x 840 - 173K
    pants.jpg
    594 x 926 - 346K