*closed* RRRR - One day in XXXs life Render Contest (With prizes galore)

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,219
    edited December 1969

I've done dozens of renders with this thing so far, using various combinations of the 'Toon' parameters ('Clamps' from 3.00 to 15.00, in increments of 0.50, and 'Clamp Blend' from 0.10 to 0.50, with increments of 0.05, and what, exactly, those terms mean, or what the parameters are and do, I ain't got a freakin' clue!),

As far as I can tell the effect is like posterisation, and Clamps is the number of steps or colours that the output is split into and Clamp Blend is how much the colour is allowed to vary from that - set the blend to 0 and you get a straight posterisation into Clamps colours, set Clamp Blend higher and there's a smooth transition from one colour band to the next.

• Ken OBanionKen OBanion Posts: 1,447
    edited December 1969

I've done dozens of renders with this thing so far, using various combinations of the 'Toon' parameters ('Clamps' from 3.00 to 15.00, in increments of 0.50, and 'Clamp Blend' from 0.10 to 0.50, with increments of 0.05, and what, exactly, those terms mean, or what the parameters are and do, I ain't got a freakin' clue!),

As far as I can tell the effect is like posterisation, and Clamps is the number of steps or colours that the output is split into and Clamp Blend is how much the colour is allowed to vary from that - set the blend to 0 and you get a straight posterisation into Clamps colours, set Clamp Blend higher and there's a smooth transition from one colour band to the next.

Yeah, that's pretty close to what I finally came to conclude, from observing the multitude of iterations of the same scene, with different values: that 'Clamps' represents, more-or-less, kinda-sorta, the number of discreet colors in the palette, and 'Clamp Blend' is, give-or-take, plus-or-minus, the number of discreet variations -- or gradations -- within each of those color "bands". The one impenetrable mystery, however, is what those parameter values actually mean: that is to say, how those values translate into quantifiable, and predictable, results -- without having to do as I did, and just keep notching up (or down) this parameter or that one, and wait for the render to complete to see what happens. (I'm fifty-something years old; I'm going to be dead in thirty years. I don't have that kind of time.)

And then there's the issue of limits: at what value, min and/or max, does the algorithm break down, resulting in a stack-overflow, or a divide-by-zero error (or worse: an invalid pointer that attempts to write into protected, or even non-existent, memory)? At present, the only way to know that is the hard way: by pushing those values in one direction or the other, until the whole application finally tells you to quit jacking around with it, and crashes.

Bottom line: it was an interesting experience, and I got to experiment with something new (kind of what the RRRR is all about, when you get right down to it!), but I probably won't be using it again.... (Unless it turns up in a future pull; then I'll probably just gritch and grouse, gripe, groan and grumble, and add it to the scene!)

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,473
    edited December 1969

You learned something Ken (and that is you wont use that thing ever again unless you suddenly get s soft spot for dark comic renders. But you're off with a good start here!

edited December 1969

Totte said:
    Totte pull #1

#3398 Romany Charms (not again!!)
    #4343 Victoria 4 for Genesis 2 Female
    #1496 Dead Nation Boots
    #538 Simply Lit

Also used:
    Room: Romany Comfort for Romany Charms + [shader] design tool box + [shader] Fabricator + Yer Olde Cloth + ART Light the way + [shader] UberAreaLight + A Bright Loft (lantern) + [shader] pwEffects
    Luci45: Genesis 2 Female + Francesca for V4 + Skin Overlay Gen 4 + Aging Morphs + DentalPlan G2 + AoA SubSurface Shader + get Funky! + Lofn textures + Esidor hair + Pose Factory + [shader] pwEffects
    Jacob: Genesis + [GenX] GA Jericho M4 + Renaissance Male Clothing (pants) + Onyx (male bracers) + Mon Chevalier Hair + SWT (scarf)

One day in Luci45s life

It was in the late summer, when Luci met that strange young gypsy man, wearing very odd pants. She was intrigued by the design and he told her he was a tailor and he had made them himself. He invited luci to his little wagon and Luci was almost chocked by the multitude of color that came like a snowstorm in her face. It took a while, she sat down on his bed, the only sitting space available, and he showed her a pair he had done for his little brother, who disliked them. Luci looked at them, turned them around, and them, suddenly it all came to her. This is the solution to the problem with drunken sailors that fall over board. Air filled life pants. No more putting them into the longboat until they are sober. Just redesign the naval uniforms.

In the evening, Luci gave the idea to her uncle, who worked for the royal navy. He did try it in several full scale tests but the problem was that to make the sailors float head up, not head down, they needed led shoes, which made them very slow on deck.

lucy45-idea.jpg
    1113 x 1200 - 333K
    edited February 2014

Okay, with that one under the belt and out of the way, on to pull #2!

And this time, I ended up with:
    2398 - M3 Everyday Wear
    590 - Diner Food 1
    54 - Trendy College Outfit for Genesis 2 Male(s)
    2075 - Songbird Remix: Pose Pack

'Songbird Remix', eh? Hmm, this one has barbult's name all over it! ;-P

EDIT: Okay, I was looking for that 'M4 Everyday Wear' in my content libraries, but could not find it. Anywhere. Searched the DAZ Store; nothing there, either. Went back to my spreadsheet, where I copied-and-pasted the contents of my Product Library, which copied the links, too; I thought I'd just click the link and it would take me right to it! And that's where I found out why I wasn't able to find it.

It isn't 'M4 Everyday Wear', it's 'M3 Everyday Wear'!

I don't know if it was a typo (you know: 3, 4; they're, like, right next to each other on the keyboard!), or something more..., Freudian. In any event, I corrected the entry in my pull list.

Post edited by Ken OBanion on
    edited December 1969

MelanieL said:

I don't like: cold wet weather (OK so I live in the wrong place!), hot dry weather (OK so I'm rarely happy with the weather!), beach holidays (went on one once: never again - I was bored out of my mind after half a day, so thank goodness for books - though I discovered beach hotel shops don't provide much choice)

"Beach holidays": I can relate! You basically have two choices (much like beach hotel shops): sand and sea.

Damn sand gets everywhere! And there are just too damn many things in the water that bite!

edited December 1969

Totte, that was brilliant, on so many levels! A masterpiece!! Way to step up the game!

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

Pull #1

125 Camera Magic: ToonCam Basic (I got it too, Ken!!)
    211 DA Festive Hat
    545 M4 Elite Texture: Rob
    633 Modular Ruins DS

Three things I haven't gotten around to trying yet (including a Stonemason product! Shame on me!) and one that I haven't used in a while (Rob). Not entirely sure who to mock yet, but

I volunteer to be a target.

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,649
    edited December 1969

SeaNautica's Mischief

tag: luci45#1

Novica braves a fierce Florida blizzard to look in on her rescued animals at the old Coast Guard station. To her dismay, they are very agitated, exhibiting visible auras of vibrant mixed hues. She has no doubt that SeaNautica was responsible. It was time once again to take on her old foe, snow or no snow!

Used:
    Skool Daze for Parkside High Recess
    Parkside Head Interior
    Lisa's Botanicals - Pond Life Plants
    Graphic Arts Camera

Also Used:
    Otter (Smith Micro)
    Pelican (Smith Micro)
    Flamingo (Smith Micro)
    Octopus (Smith Micro)
    Millennium Dog Bundle
    Millennium Cat Bundle
    Shore Birds II
    Dragon Fish
    DMs Fantasy Bath
    Cargo Units 1
    DAZ Horse 2
    Ceremonial Horse Armor (with Fur Shader)
    Supersuit Fur Shader
    SG HeadDresses for Genesis
    Dark Moods for Genesis coat (with Fur Shader)
    Slacker for Casual Jeans and T-Shirt for Genesis and Genesis 2 Female(s)
    Bridle from Western Saddle for DAZ Horse 2
    Tori for V5

seanauticas_mischief.jpg
    1600 x 960 - 536K
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited February 2014

LOL- SUPERB!
    My husband is a retired Coast Guard officer- he was the Executive Officer of Air Station Houston when Allison hit (23-40+ inches of rain in one night/morning) I love the colors, the flamingo and horse! :)

EDIT- and the octopus of course! Lilly and Morgan will be glad it's been located...except it's partner is still out there somewhere...

Post edited by Novica on
    edited February 2014

Totte said:
    Totte said:
    Totte pull #1

#3398 Romany Charms (not again!!)
    #4343 Victoria 4 for Genesis 2 Female
    #1496 Dead Nation Boots
    #538 Simply Lit

Also used:
    Room: Romany Comfort for Romany Charms + [shader] design tool box + [shader] Fabricator + Yer Olde Cloth + ART Light the way + [shader] UberAreaLight + A Bright Loft (lantern) + [shader] pwEffects
    Luci45: Genesis 2 Female + Francesca for V4 + Skin Overlay Gen 4 + Aging Morphs + DentalPlan G2 + AoA SubSurface Shader + get Funky! + Lofn textures + Esidor hair + Pose Factory + [shader] pwEffects
    Jacob: Genesis + [GenX] GA Jericho M4 + Renaissance Male Clothing (pants) + Onyx (male bracers) + Mon Chevalier Hair + SWT (scarf)

One day in Luci45s life

It was in the late summer, when Luci met that strange young gypsy man, wearing very odd pants. She was intrigued by the design and he told her he was a tailor and he had made them himself. He invited luci to his little wagon and Luci was almost chocked by the multitude of color that came like a snowstorm in her face. It took a while, she sat down on his bed, the only sitting space available, and he showed her a pair he had done for his little brother, who disliked them. Luci looked at them, turned them around, and them, suddenly it all came to her. This is the solution to the problem with drunken sailors that fall over board. Air filled life pants. No more putting them into the longboat until they are sober. Just redesign the naval uniforms.

In the evening, Luci gave the idea to her uncle, who worked for the royal navy. He did try it in several full scale tests but the problem was that to make the sailors float head up, not head down, they needed led shoes, which made them very slow on deck.

OMG, Totte, that is so insane! So I am to blame for inventing the life-preserver pants? Haha. Not true! it was all my uncle's idea. You know I love the hair, and such a pretty thing she is... I will remember that when I make your avatar. Mwhahahaha! :lol:

I'm so glad to see that a few more people are "in", that is willing to be targeted. Melanie, your renders reflect your interests quite a bit. It will be fun to do one for you. And hawkonthewing, I love your oddball stuff too. Sorry you won't have much time this month. I will do something in your honor. mwhahahaha!(again)

Ken, I love what you've done with Balea; she deserved a little change in appearance. I wish it were that easy in real life. The Graphic Arts camera is pretty bad too, at least for my purposes. I really hated using it. Your description is great, and applies to the Graphic Arts camera as well, which is the only Age of Armor thing I haven't liked much (but it was cheap.)

Pull #2:

Tweens for Justin and Julie
    Victorian Street Front
    Neon Glow Light Gels for DS
    Lost Avenue Terminal

Strange...

Post edited by luci45 on
    edited December 1969

Luci45 said:
    SeaNautica's Mischief

tag: luci45#1

Novica braves a fierce Florida blizzard to look in on her rescued animals at the old Coast Guard station. To her dismay, they are very agitated, exhibiting visible auras of vibrant mixed hues. She has no doubt that SeaNautica was responsible. It was time once again to take on her old foe, snow or no snow!

Great Luci, we're getting this contest running smoothly. Time for my second pull.

Pull #2

#4518 World Travels (WTF!! again for this one too, world travels and romany dreams seem to haunt me)
    #4038 The Gate (Rendo)
    #4575 Yuletide Dreams
    #1920 Forest

This might require some thinking, three environment props and a vehicle prop, and who to aim at this time...

edited December 1969

Pull #1
    125 Camera Magic: ToonCam Basic (I got it too, Ken!!)
    I volunteer to be a target.

You have my most profound sympathies! (On both!)

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,092
    edited December 1969

MelanieL said:
    So it's RRRR time again - and this one will need quite a bit of thought. My first pull:
    1458 = Jamila
    894 = Enchanted Terrace
    1060 = Easy Environments Eternal Sands
    1516 = Carnival Presets

TAG:MelanieL#1

Well, when I saw the bright colours in Jamila and the carnival props, who else would I choose as my target but ...

Luci45 Instructs Her Acolytes

Luci spent the afternoon expounding on how she would choose her scene and how she would light it. We watched her, concentrating hard, anxious to pick up every golden nugget that fell from her lips.

Also Used:
    Nidale (for G2F) with Jewell Hair and Moroccan Dreams for V4 clothing (to use the Jamila texture)
    Lisa's Botanicals Climbing Vines and African Lilies

Postworked in Photoshop Elements 9 to attempt that "Luci glow" (probably not 100% successfully though :red: )

Luci45-Instructs-Her-Acolytes.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 349K
  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,092
    edited February 2014

@Ken OBanion - well, that ToonCam render is sort of ... different ... isn't it? Congrats on drawing first blood, anyway.
    @Totte - Wow, now that is what I call colourful! Love it.
    @Luci45 - you caught the spirit of Novica really well there! (PS: Don't forget to post it in the Entries thread)

And so to pull number two:

1349 = Wine Me
    395 = Divinity Skies Prophecy
    1310 = Mermaid Tails Expansion Genesis
    564 = Angelic Dynamic Bundle for V4 and M4

Ah yes, that gives me an idea...

Post edited by MelanieL on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,517
    edited December 1969

...OK gave this some thought and went what the heck.

Going to be interesting as I have to go "old school" on this one since one of the items will not work in Daz 4.6.

234 Character Expansion for Hiro 4
    710 Light Dome PRO 2.0
    990 Plated Wolf
    1475 Verona Hair

Now who to choose as my vict...er...target..

Pretty much everyone here I think knows what I enjoy and how I like to do things (except please don't take as long as I sometimes do to develop your scene for you may find March 16th arriving faster than you expect). ;-)

edited December 1969

MelanieL said:
    MelanieL said:
    So it's RRRR time again - and this one will need quite a bit of thought. My first pull:
    1458 = Jamila
    894 = Enchanted Terrace
    1060 = Easy Environments Eternal Sands
    1516 = Carnival Presets

TAG:MelanieL#1

Well, when I saw the bright colours in Jamila and the carnival props, who else would I choose as my target but ...

Luci45 Instructs Her Acolytes

Luci spent the afternoon expounding on how she would choose her scene and how she would light it. We watched her, concentrating hard, anxious to pick up every golden nugget that fell from her lips.

Also Used:
    Nidale (for G2F) with Jewell Hair and Moroccan Dreams for V4 clothing (to use the Jamila texture)
    Lisa's Botanicals Climbing Vines and African Lilies

Postworked in Photoshop Elements 9 to attempt that "Luci glow" (probably not 100% successfully though :red: )

Lovely! We all seems to associate Luci45 with colors and magic!

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:

Going to be interesting as I have to go "old school" on this one since one of the items will not work in Daz 4.6.

710 Light Dome PRO 2.0
    990 Plated Wolf
    1475 Verona Hair

Pretty much everyone here I think knows what I enjoy and how I like to do things (except please don't take as long as I sometimes do to develop your scene for you may find March 16th arriving faster than you expect). ;-)

Non-working items can be repulled as they rules statesl

edited December 1969

Totte said:

Pull #2
    #4518 World Travels
    #4038 The Gate (Rendo)
    #4575 Yuletide Dreams
    #1920 Forest

Also used:
    Advanced Ambient Light + UberAreaLights + "DAZ_Kevin" + "Richard Haseltine"
    "DAZ_Kevin": Genesis 2 Male + Adult Cole + Parkcour Wear + Urban College Guy (Cap) + Short Beard for Genesis
    "Richard Haseltine" : Big Cat 2 + LAMH real fur for Big Cat 2
    HMG Oldtimer for World travels + Forest Summer for Forest + FM Greenlands (skybox) + [shader] Metalize + Dystopia Modular Command Center
    "DAZ_Jared": M6 + Dan + Gerry hair +Cargo Shots + M6Billboard Poses & Props
    "Customer" : M4 + RM Jared + Ceasar Hair + M4 UrbanWear

One day in DAZ_Jareds life
    It is a hectic time, flying around the world in a spaceship promoting the best and addictive but harmless drugs in the universe. DAZ_Jared, also known as number three, reports direcly to number one, DAZ_Kevin. DAZ_Kevin lives in his master villain complex, and usually communicates with his henchmen via video screen. DAZ_Kevin always has his favorite pet at is side, the trustful lion, Richard, also known as Richard Lionking. On this particular day DAZ_Jared was out in the more isolated parts of the world, we he spotted a user in the middle of nowhere who hadn't purchased any content for several hours. Just when he had set his plan in motion, he got a video call from number one.

DAZ_Kevin: - How are your plans proceeding number tree.
    DAZ_Jared: - Good, very good, but Number one, check your watch!
    DAZ_Kevin: - Why?
    DAZ_Jared: - Because it seems to have stopped at 12:00.
    DAZ_Kevin: - What time is it?
    DAZ_Jared: - It's time to run a sale!
    Richard: - Roooaaarr!

No wallets were hurt during the recording of this scene.

finalrender.jpg
    1200 x 960 - 267K
    edited February 2014

Totte said:
    Kyoto Kid said:

710 Light Dome PRO 2.0
    990 Plated Wolf
    1475 Verona Hair

Non-working items can be repulled as they rules statesl
    ...ahh but I also have Daz 3.1 Advanced installed which LDP2 does work in. Just makes it a bit more challenging as I can't use Genesis or some of the fancy effects/shaders 4.6 allows.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Totte said:
    Totte said:

Pull #2
    #4518 World Travels
    #4038 The Gate (Rendo)
    #4575 Yuletide Dreams
    #1920 Forest

Also used:
    Advanced Ambient Light + UberAreaLights + "DAZ_Kevin" + "Richard Haseltine"
    "DAZ_Kevin": Genesis 2 Male + Adult Cole + Parkcour Wear + Urban College Guy (Cap) + Short Beard for Genesis
    "Richard Haseltine" : Big Cat 2 + LAMH real fur for Big Cat 2
    HMG Oldtimer for World travels + Forest Summer for Forest + FM Greenlands (skybox) + [shader] Metalize + Dystopia Modular Command Center
    "DAZ_Jared": M6 + Dan + Gerry hair +Cargo Shots + M6Billboard Poses & Props
    "Customer" : M4 + RM Jared + Ceasar Hair + M4 UrbanWear

One day in DAZ_Jareds life
    It is a hectic time, flying around the world in a spaceship promoting the best and addictive but harmless drugs in the universe. DAZ_Jared, also known as number three, reports direcly to number one, DAZ_Kevin. DAZ_Kevin lives in his master villain complex, and usually communicates with his henchmen via video screen. DAZ_Kevin always has his favorite pet at is side, the trustful lion, Richard, also known as Richard Lionking. On this particular day DAZ_Jared was out in the more isolated parts of the world, we he spotted a user in the middle of nowhere who hadn't purchased any content for several hours. Just when he had set his plan in motion, he got a video call from number one.

DAZ_Kevin: - How are your plans proceeding number tree.
    DAZ_Jared: - Good, very good, but Number one, check your watch!
    DAZ_Kevin: - Why?
    DAZ_Jared: - Because it seems to have stopped at 12:00.
    DAZ_Kevin: - What time is it?
    DAZ_Jared: - It's time to run a sale!
    Richard: - Roooaaarr!

No wallets were hurt during the recording of this scene.

ROFL

edited December 1969

Pull #3

#2388 Jungle Hideaway
    #2906 Night Guard for Genesis 2 Male(s)
    #1927 Forest Scout
    #1058 Boho Chic

OK, This I think I can handle ... Now lets see who to target...

edited December 1969

Um, guys, I need a little help here....

I'm trying to track down a prop that I need for my current entry: a butterfly net. (I already found the baseball bat, on ShareCG; and you probably don't want to know the details!)

Any hints on where I can scare one up? (I've already searched ShareCG -- that's where I found the bat! -- and Rendo; no dice.)

If I have to, I could model one in Blender, but for obvious reasons (mainly, that I so totally suck at modeling), I'd prefer not to have to.

I'll pay retail, if I must.

edited December 1969

Um, guys, I need a little help here....

I'm trying to track down a prop that I need for my current entry: a butterfly net. (I already found the baseball bat, on ShareCG; and you probably don't want to know the details!)

Any hints on where I can scare one up? (I've already searched ShareCG -- that's where I found the bat! -- and Rendo; no dice.)

If I have to, I could model one in Blender, but for obvious reasons (mainly, that I so totally suck at modeling), I'd prefer not to have to.

I'll pay retail, if I must.

I've seen one in the PC weekly a few years bock, hmm, was it pastels using it? or Xandory?

edited December 1969

LOL, MelanieL, that's great. I would wear that! Nice to look young and pretty too. Instructing my acolytes, huh? Nice to spread the "colors and magic," as Totte put it.

Totte, I love that DAZ_Jared one! Perfect - "It’s time to run a sale!" "Roooaaarr!"

Sorry, Ken, I haven't seen any butterfly nets either. And I wouldn't want to model one. it would be easy for someone who knows what he/she is doing. You could request one or ask for one on the Freebie Forum.

Thanks, Novica (Totte and MelanieL) I'm glad it was OK. The stupid Graphic Arts camera kind of limited the render. Did you see your "to do" list on the greenboard by the door? It kind of got lost in the grainy texture.

I am working on my Totte render today. Muahahaha! :lol:

edited December 1969

Luci45 said:

Totte, I love that DAZ_Jared one! Perfect - "It’s time to run a sale!" "Roooaaarr!"

I am working on my Totte render today. Muahahaha! :lol:

Thanks, and I'm looking forward to that. I cant decide right now for my next, Ken or Jaderail....
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited February 2014

Ken, after having to make a fishing pole for that first render with Gunner, I have an idea about a butterfly net. If all else fails, use a rake for the pole and just eliminate the end of it with the polygon editing tool (that part is really easy) and then create a circular primitive plane (torus) and take out half of it. With the other half, take out some square sections, then darken the remaining ones, and you have a see through butterfly net. Just d-form the tip of it so it's pointy and the sides a bit so they go in and out. It will be a workable net because of the missing squares, you can put butterflies in there.

EDIT: That would be a sphere, not a torus.

Post edited by Novica on
    edited December 1969

I can give it a try ;-)

edited December 1969

Novica said:
    Ken, after having to make a fishing pole for that first render with Gunner, I have an idea about a butterfly net. If all else fails, use a rake for the pole and just eliminate the end of it with the polygon editing tool (that part is really easy) and then create a circular primitive plane (torus) and take out half of it. With the other half, take out some square sections, then darken the remaining ones, and you have a see through butterfly net. Just d-form the tip of it so it's pointy and the sides a bit so they go in and out. It will be a workable net because of the missing squares, you can put butterflies in there.

EDIT: That would be a sphere, not a torus.

...the Polygon Editor Tool is my friend. The brass light shades in my Diner piece for he November RRRR were actually the roof of the Moonshine Diner with the back portion removed and separate material zones set up all using the Polygon Editor.

Also very useful for setting up MAT zones on raw .obj files

...umm waitaminute, a flutterby net...

...why do I have the odd feeling this...ahh...never mind

edited December 1969

Okay, with that one under the belt and out of the way, on to pull #2!

And this time, I ended up with:
    2398 - M3 Everyday Wear
    590 - Diner Food 1
    54 - Trendy College Outfit for Genesis 2 Male(s)
    2075 - Songbird Remix: Pose Pack

'Songbird Remix', eh? Hmm, this one has barbult's name all over it! ;-P

Thanks to my BFF (Google!), I found a butterfly net, and was thus able to complete the scene!

Also used:
    Ash character for Teen Jayden 6 (a.k.a., Genesis 2 Male(s))
    Micah Hair
    Moonshine's Diner
    Moonshine's Diner Interior
    Streets
    Diner Tableware (Because, otherwise, well.... Gross!)
    Interiors: Classroom (Book and binder)
    Songbird Remix: Threatened, Endangered, Extinct (for the texture)
    Digger James character for M3
    Adventure for M3 (Textures for Everyday Wear)
    Goth As Fashion for M3 (Boots)
    Relic Hunter Essentials
    Victoria 4 (as barbult!)
    Sam character for V4
    Rockin' Casual for V4
    Flexy Hair for V4
    Baseball Bat by Harrgunn from ShareCG
    Butterfly net by Francemi, courtesy of Kids & Cute Toons Club (KCTC Freebies - www.kctc.francemi.net)

This one isn't so much 'mockery' as it is a tribute; if someone is harassing a threatened, endangered, or thought-to-be-extinct species, I can easily imagine that barbult would not hesitate to pick up the nearest proverbial 'blunt instrument' and go to town on his ass!

TAG: obanion#02
    Title: Well, There's Something You Don't See Everyday!
    (A Day in the Life of barbult)

Ashton was enjoying a leisurely breakfast while studying for his upcoming History mid-term, when odd goings-on on the street outside caught his attention: a man, carrying a butterfly net, was chasing a bird, while a woman, wielding a baseball bat, was chasing him! Ashton had never seen the man before, but he immediately recognized the woman as barbult, with whom he shared a Comparative Vertebrate Anatomy class.

Ashton also identified the bird as a Carolina Parakeet, and his astonishment grew by leaps and bounds -- not only was it the largest specimen he had ever seen, but the fact that he was seeing it at all was nothing short of extraordinary! The Carolina Parakeet had been declared extinct nearly a century ago! To actually see one alive was an amazing sight, and it looked as though barbult intended to make darned sure this one stayed that way!

RRRR_DayInTheLife_02.png
    800 x 600 - 674K