The All you can Eat Sushi and Complaints Thread

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited February 2014

omg, what did i just do ... spent the money i was saving up for silo on the olympia bundle. >.<</p>

i blame the snow apocalyps

The Spent it All on a Daz Sale Complaint Thread

Post edited by Mistara on
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,702
    edited December 1969

There is white stuff coming from the sky! It keeps coming!

edited December 1969

yep, lotta lotta white stuff from sky.

my wifi is up but my cel isn't getting any bars.

my very nice neighbor shoveled out my door stoop, the gutter is weighted down, it's scraping my door when i open it.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,380
    edited December 1969

I really hate Doctor's offices sometimes

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,571
    edited December 1969

i sent valentines to all my friends on devart.

who wanna be my friend on dev-art ? :snake: http://realmgal.deviantart.com/

...I'm there.
    edited February 2014

they saying heavy wet snow can make your roof collapse. :bug: can't even imagine it.

shvrr

i should bake something to warm up the room. brr brrr brrrr

be safe!!!!

..it can. There was a horse barn that partially collapsed south of town here during the snow we had last week. Fortunately the horses were OK.
    Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    DanaTA said:
    If anyone is interested, I found this article about an attack on CloudFlare earlier this week.

http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9246230/Attackers_use_NTP_reflection_in_huge_DDoS_attack

Sounds like a lot of fun. :long:

Dana

...umm Daz, dump this now please!

At this point, I don't think it would matter. They'd have to use some kind of similar service, and they are all in danger right now. They'll eventually all get the holes locked down, but I think this has a great potential for chaos in the meantime.

Dana

edited December 1969

what is a beta fish? I have never heard of one before.

That's betta...two t's.

Siamese Fighting Fish or Betta

Dana

edited December 1969

men and their snowblowers, iz so cute. the snow is paused. there can't possibly be more snow waiting in the sky ?

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Morning. Choking smoke I guess from the fires in our south east and feeble sun makes for an apocalyptic feel so far today :)

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Morning. Choking smoke I guess from the fires in our south east and feeble sun makes for an apocalyptic feel so far today :)

Stay inside! You don't want to breathe that crap too much!

Dana

edited December 1969

State emergency are saying most of the metro fires have been downgraded to safe yay, cooler today so far so guess that's another dodged bullet :)

edited December 1969

I'm going to look for some free stuff on Renderosity now.

a betta fish is a little inexpensive fish that can live in a half gallon tank. He is something I can take care of to show that I am doing better.

Hey that is great to hear sweetie :)

edited December 1969

snow s'posed to start again at 23:00, then snow allll night long

140213a.jpg
    627 x 469 - 126K
    140213.jpg
    595 x 421 - 93K
    edited February 2014

Floods where Wendy is they are in the path of a huge tropical storm meh not here, only smokey gloominess :)

76.png
    214 x 174 - 17K
    Post edited by ps1borg on
  • TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,010
    edited February 2014

Hi everyone! (waves)
    Guess where I've been for 16 hours.

First the bad news...
    Sometime around 3 am the level of snow hit 7 in. in my area, knocking the power out. Cool thing was, I fell asleep in my recliner playing on the internet,, and the battery on my laptop ran down before I woke up. The temp in the house was down in the fifties, which was what woke me.

Now the good news...
    I had plenty of canned goods and bottled water etc., so I wasn't going to starve.
    I put on 3 layers of clothing after breakfast, and with some nice warm blankets, was able to stay warm enough.
    The temp outside rose above freezing and the sun came out and started melting the snow (it also kept the inside temp from dropping much more). By 12:30, the snow on the road was slushy, and surprisingly, a plow truck actually came through and cleared my road (surprising because I live on a back road that is about 10 miles beyond the middle of nowhere). So I cruised on in to my local eateries for lunch, and later on, for dinner as well.

More bad news...
    The power-line that feeds my power is at a dead end that feeds electricity to about five households as well as mine. So yeah not exactly the top priority when a couple hundred households were without power.

Last of the good news...
    By the time I got back from dinner, my power was back on. So now I'm thawing out and back on-line (yay)!

Inconvenience is sooo inconvenient.
    And how's your day been? :)

Post edited by TJohn on
    edited December 1969

...well it's "crunch time" here. Have to see my landlady in a few minutes. Still short on rent this month and no foreseeable income in the stars for now.

This could be it.

edited December 1969

I guess we will be bracing for floods although no news yet. Quite dim sunlight at midday from all the smoke in the air but ash isn't falling any more I guess that's good, am too exhausted in every way to make sense of it all but yeah, floods, why not, bring it on :lol:

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,010
    edited December 1969

Photo taken this morning by a friend who lives nearby.

1614228_10202065857906925_1119376071_o.jpg
    1136 x 852 - 126K
    edited December 1969

I hope you can work something out, KK.

Dana

edited December 1969

I'm glad you got your power back so quick, tjohn! It sucks, being without power.

Dana

edited December 1969

Oh, no...ash and now floods? I hope not. Be safe, ps1borg!

Today we had some snow, some ice and a lot of rain. My sump pump has been going every so often tonight. I hope it gets some rest soon.

Dana

edited December 1969

tjohn said:

Looks lovely...but that's all it's good for. It's still kind of messy around here.

Dana

edited December 1969

tjohn said:

KInda sums it up here

wfir.jpg
    636 x 347 - 48K
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    I hope you can work something out, KK.

Dana

...was able to, however we both realise unless something breaks in the right direction for me soon it won't help for next month. Don't want to be in the same predicament then.
    edited December 1969

My favourite restaurant has reopened in a tent after it burned down - was that only a couple of weeks ago? - meanwhile there are many faces missing from the usual food runs (I guess plpl usually call what we do a soup kitchen altho there is no soup and no kitchen :lol: ) hopes they have found a tent somewhere as well </3</p>

edited December 1969

You must be at least a little happy...I remember you bemoaning the loss of that restaurant.

Dana

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    You must be at least a little happy...I remember you bemoaning the loss of that restaurant.

Dana

Yes I love the Stokehouse, but painfully aware right now that many are excluded by circumstances beyond their powers from loving it too. (Seem to be a little emotionally spent for the moment) :down:

edited December 1969

True Detective is on TV, the moody landscapes look like here, except here is flatter for longer. There is an extraordinary tracking shot going on....and on, something you don't see on TV every day :) Anyhow tried and tested tropes hey :lol:

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,702
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

I'm going to look for some free stuff on Renderosity now.

a betta fish is a little inexpensive fish that can live in a half gallon tank. He is something I can take care of to show that I am doing better.

Hey that is great to hear sweetie :)

Yeah and he is doing fine after a week of being mine.

This discussion has been closed.