Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 12

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Reading a few of the posts here I thought I would quote a post that was made by the Richard , on behalf of the Mod Team, as it does apply here also.

We realize this is a difficult and stressful time for many around the world and we want to give you all a space in which you can find support and community. In order to help with that, we do request that you keep from posting things that could create panic, anger, frustration, or provoke disputes. There are a lot of facts out there but there are also a lot of questions still unanswered and the last thing we want to do is cause anyone additional stress or potential harm. Support each other as this community has always done, treat each other with respect and kindness, but please use care in what you share and how you speak with each other as you do not know what the person on the other side of the screen may be going through.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited March 2020

Bellerose HD (G8F)       Georgina  Pin-Up Hair (G8F)        dForce Mabel Outfit  (G8F) 

The Product Library search sucks.  It has become more and more useless. When it first came out, you could type as little as three letters and get the results. Now, unless you have it exactly, and the ENTIRE name, you get piss poor results. And it should pick up (like it used to) on anything with those words. Type Georgina Hair in there, and you will NOT get Georgina Pin-Up Hair. The results should have anything with Georgina in it. I have to use store search. 

If you're looking for a Puritan type dress, this one works. A very prim and proper look, I think it can be used for different time periods. The Georgina Pin-Up Hair is a perfect combination with it. 

I love Bellerose's natural looking teeth.

bellerose.jpg
    799 x 784 - 548K
    Post edited by Novica on
  • xmasrose (aka tulipe)xmasrose (aka tulipe) Posts: 1,403
    edited March 2020

Great image and review.

When looking for something I bought I use DIM most of the time. (Of course I keep all files.)

Post edited by xmasrose (aka tulipe) on
  • donovancolbertdonovancolbert Posts: 1,421

Applied the stock-up coupon to a cart, then cleared it, now it says the stock-up coupon is invalid when I try to apply it to new carts. 

Well, my dwindling store credit will survive to be spent another day. 

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Applied the stock-up coupon to a cart, then cleared it, now it says the stock-up coupon is invalid when I try to apply it to new carts. 

Well, my dwindling store credit will survive to be spent another day. 

did you cancel the coupon before you cleared the cart out?

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,725

I find the 'Search Store' too fussy and behaves like you say Novica. If I am able to remember a part of a name that I have bought, I put it into my Product Library in My Account in the store, and see what comes up in the selection. But for those times my brain does a total black-out, I go nuts. Then turn to my pdf file of the promos that I downloaded and I try to remember how I thought about the item when I sorted it. But if I can't remember if an item was G3F, or G8F, or G3F & G8F clothing or character. So I search. And search. It happened recently as I tried to make sure I had downloaded a pose set. The image on the pdf didn't match the thumbnail in DS. Drove me crazy. I had actually used the pose set, but didn't connect it to the pdf.

Novica, that render is wonderful, your use of the hair style and the background totally made it look like an antique photo from the WWII era. I think the Mabel Outfit is one of the best that has been released. It is so appropriate for all age ranges and so many settings. I would buy any additional texture sets that the PAs and DAZ wanted to add. 

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,260

@Novica Yeah I think DAZ got their search engine from Microsoft It searches for hours and can't even find itself

• donovancolbertdonovancolbert Posts: 1,421

did you cancel the coupon before you cleared the cart out?

Probably not. :(

It is OK. My library is so big at this point I really have to dig to find things I really want and can't kitbash or substitute other products for. 

@Novica Yeah I think DAZ got their search engine from Microsoft It searches for hours and can't even find itself

LOL you made me laugh outloud!

edited March 2020

I'm picking the Cloudscape Bundle up as one of my three in the sale. I only went for items that were already discounted, so I got the Industrial Apartment  and Fluidos 2.    They all went over 70% off. 

Post edited by Novica on
  • L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    Novica said:

I'm picking the Cloudscape Bundle up as one of my three in the sale. I only went for items that were already discounted, so I got the Industrial Apartment  and Fluidos 2.    They all went over 70% off. 

I chose CB Saltair Clothing Set, Outlaw Hideout, and Fluidos Presets: Waves. I also had the Attic Space Bonus Madness product in the cart, and got the additional discount for having two or MM featured products in the cart. The Saltair Clothing was the most expensive at $5.05. (I bought Josephene, so there's the 'Key" discount in there, as well.)

I have not purchased the members' weekly freebie yet. I'm holding off a day or two in case I need a new release "purchase" to keep my 70% discount on the Bonus Madness item active. Buying the bonus item every day will do that as well, but I'm not buying those if I don't want the product. My store credit is melting away at an alarming rate as it is! lol

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,926

I think the Mabel dress & Knicker Bockers might by my favorite his & her newish outfits that sort of look like they belong together.

I was curious about the Bing vs Google search actually because I'd stopped using google it was so bad & low and behold both Bing & Google have changed. They both are much more similar now with the UrbanDictionary gone from Google.com for the 5 or so words I tested (cattle, dance, and I already forget the other 3).

edited March 2020
    L'Adair said:

I chose CB Saltair Clothing Set, Outlaw Hideout, and Fluidos Presets: Waves. I also had the Attic Space Bonus Madness product in the cart, and got the additional discount for having two or MM featured products in the cart. The Saltair Clothing was the most expensive at $5.05. (I bought Josephene, so there's the 'Key" discount in there, as well.)

I have not purchased the members' weekly freebie yet. I'm holding off a day or two in case I need a new release "purchase" to keep my 70% discount on the Bonus Madness item active. Buying the bonus item every day will do that as well, but I'm not buying those if I don't want the product. My store credit is melting away at an alarming rate as it is! lol

Good choices, I have those. One of the Fluidos I don't like is the Spring I think it looks really phony around the edges. To me, like a solidified oil splotch?  Haven't tried the waves even though I have them. Has anyone got a render that's already done?

Post edited by Novica on
  • WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,735
    Novica said:

I have Ci Pwff, he's a tripping hazard.

Three cats and a dog and the floor is a minefield of toys tripping hazard doesn't even begin to describe it

I still have tons of unpacked boxes from my move, many right at the front door and a Ring doorbell that warns me of motion anytime someone walks by and I can see the front door from my bedroom in the Ring app on my phone or on the Amazon Show. When I first moved in I ordered an extra security lock that needs to be professionally installed by a locksmith but now I don't want a locksmith to come over and possibly contaminate things! 

It's scary that people are stocking up on guns! I'm thinking though, that if it really gets bad and people get psycho like Helter Skelter they will probably hit up the many mansions & wealthy people rather than bothering with apartment buildings. I don't see this scenario happening though. I think the worst hit will be the hospitals, not food sources, and California will be expanding Medi-Cal and EBT and putting up homeless in empty hotel/motel rooms. My neighborhood has a very "Namaste" peaceful attitude as long as we are not invaded from drug addict homeless from other areas nearby! And I'm sure the package thieves will be back in force with all the new deliveries...

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,735
    edited March 2020

I posted this in the commons but since theses are reviews I'm posting here too.

Here is an "out of the box" test of Lorne, and the Incognito outfit. The coat still intersects with the boots with dForce or parameters... The legs are not that far apart. Easily fixed in post, but still... Otherwise I like the outfit and character. Love the boots!

Post edited by Wonderland on
  • L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    Novica said:
    L'Adair said:

Good choices, I have those. One of the Fluidos I don't like is the Spring I think it looks really phony around the edges. To me, like a solidified oil splotch?  Haven't tried the waves even though I have them. Has anyone got a render that's already done?

I picked up the original Fluidos on sale, and a week or so later, version 2 hit the store. (Great timing, right?) I haven't tried using it yet, and Waves is the first preset I've bought for it. I like the look of the Saltair clothing, but it's more likely I'll use it for kitbashing, and I couldn't really justify the cost until I managed an 80% discount today with the MM discounts and the STOCK-UP coupon. I expect the Outlaw Hideout to be good for kitbashing, too. (Seems like I kitbash just about everything…!)

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,133

Here is an "out of the box" test of Lorne, and the Incognito outfit. The coat still intersects with the boots with dForce or parameters... The legs are not that far apart. Easily fixed in post, but still... Otherwise I like the outfit and character. Love the boots!

Mesh Grabber could fix that right up.

• cismiccismic Posts: 629
    Novica said:

Bellerose HD (G8F)       Georgina  Pin-Up Hair (G8F)        dForce Mabel Outfit  (G8F) 

The Product Library search sucks.  It has become more and more useless. When it first came out, you could type as little as three letters and get the results. Now, unless you have it exactly, and the ENTIRE name, you get piss poor results. And it should pick up (like it used to) on anything with those words. Type Georgina Hair in there, and you will NOT get Georgina Pin-Up Hair. The results should have anything with Georgina in it. I have to use store search. 

If you're looking for a Puritan type dress, this one works. A very prim and proper look, I think it can be used for different time periods. The Georgina Pin-Up Hair is a perfect combination with it. 

I love Bellerose's natural looking teeth.

I picked up that Mable outfit when it first came out for this render with scary mary. https://www.daz3d.com/scary-mary-for-genesis-8-female and have used it in several other renders.

Brain Sucking.jpg
    4800 x 6240 - 2M
    edited March 2020

Let me answer this on the thread, as someone had a question and it's a good one. When you see that folks are using a percent of one character, and mix several, to do that you go to Windows>Panes>Shaping and then you can do the sliders/ dial in whatever percent you want of characters. (Have the one character selected in Scene that you are applying the morphs to.) 

Post edited by Novica on
    edited March 2020

Bellerose 40% and Cadee 60% rendering now. OMGosh what a cutie too! 

She has the perfect eyebrows for a child IMO. 

And here's the original, slightly different from the composite one I used.

Bellerose GeorginaHr Cadee 60Percent.png
    825 x 1000 - 872K
    Bellerose GeorginaHr MabelOutfit.png
    825 x 1000 - 846K
    Post edited by Novica on
    Novica said:

I have Ci Pwff, he's a tripping hazard.

Three cats and a dog and the floor is a minefield of toys tripping hazard doesn't even begin to describe it

I still have tons of unpacked boxes from my move, many right at the front door and a Ring doorbell that warns me of motion anytime someone walks by and I can see the front door from my bedroom in the Ring app on my phone or on the Amazon Show. When I first moved in I ordered an extra security lock that needs to be professionally installed by a locksmith but now I don't want a locksmith to come over and possibly contaminate things! 

It's scary that people are stocking up on guns! I'm thinking though, that if it really gets bad and people get psycho like Helter Skelter they will probably hit up the many mansions & wealthy people rather than bothering with apartment buildings. I don't see this scenario happening though. I think the worst hit will be the hospitals, not food sources, and California will be expanding Medi-Cal and EBT and putting up homeless in empty hotel/motel rooms. My neighborhood has a very "Namaste" peaceful attitude as long as we are not invaded from drug addict homeless from other areas nearby! And I'm sure the package thieves will be back in force with all the new deliveries...

I have a Ring doorbell and several of their cameras as well and have found them to be a worthwhile investment even though my neighborhood is very quiet

I don't find the people stocking up on firearms scary but I am scared of the ones who want firearms banned  

• alex86firealex86fire Posts: 1,130

Great render of Lorne. I saw this in the other thread as well and almost made me purchase Lorne (none of the promos even made me interested).

In the end I didn't get her yet as my left store credit is 10$ but she did go in my wishlist.

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621
    edited March 2020

Render with the new Soft Curls by ChevyBabe25, and some older products Dorthy Dress using Unique Fabric Shaders.

Edit: I completely forgot!  the girl is Carmelita by Fred Winkler Art.  Really love her and shes got multiple options.

SoftCurls2020.jpg
    1252 x 2016 - 2M
    Post edited by Daventaki on
    edited March 2020

Hmm, I don't have those fabric shaders, I wishlisted as I like them! Nice job!  Edit- btw I'm not sure about this particular dress but the other site usually has materials for this vendor's products.

Post edited by Novica on

Novica, your composite of Bellarose and Cadee looks like a younger version of the other one who has enough changes that happen with puberty.

Daventaki, I have looked at that dress so many times, but the shoes. How would someone walk in them? (I know, I can use another pair, but I hit a wall each time.) But your use of the shaders is phenomenal. Totally love the pattern and color scheme. So sophisticated.

edited March 2020
    Novica said:

Hmm, I don't have those fabric shaders, I wishlisted as I like them! Nice job!  Edit- btw I'm not sure about this particular dress but the other site usually has materials for this vendor's products.

Thanks those shaders are awesome with so many options.  The dress only comes with colors not patterns are anything.

The combo Bellerose and Cadee is to cute!  Texture is great for her too!!

Novica, your composite of Bellarose and Cadee looks like a younger version of the other one who has enough changes that happen with puberty.

Daventaki, I have looked at that dress so many times, but the shoes. How would someone walk in them? (I know, I can use another pair, but I hit a wall each time.) But your use of the shaders is phenomenal. Totally love the pattern and color scheme. So sophisticated.

Honestly  I think I picked the dress up cheap and thats why I got it.  Not usually something I go for.  And I don't care for the shoes either.  I thought about changing them but since it was first time using the dress I decided to stick with the original style.  The shader pack from ArtCollab is awesome!  So many options and easy to use!!

Post edited by Daventaki on
    edited March 2020

Miss Nudge likes the movie Bladerunner

NudgeWatchingBladerunner.jpg
    3072 x 4096 - 3M
    Post edited by Robert Freise on

To cute @Robert Freise

Miss Nudge is my kind of cat.

This discussion has been closed.