The All you can Eat Sushi and Complaints Thread

Comments

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Well. This is a change. Hasn't been this cool for a week getting toward midnight. Literally a cool change. Too wired to sleep tho too much to process. City skyline seems to be standing a little more upright tonight under a gibbous moon. Oblivion is on TV. But it has nothing at all to do with Jaimeson's Irish. Whisky Tango Foxtrot?

65.png
    221 x 180 - 18K
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited February 2014

vigorously fanning some of the 12° toward Melbourne. is it working yet? fanning hands is tiring

12 pm 24° Mostly Sunny

FEELS LIKE:
    12°

HUMIDITY:
    52%

PRECIP:
    0%

WIND:
    NW at 15 mph

awful headache behind my eyeballs. achy breaky

wifi up for 10 whole minutes.

raising the thermostat to 65F, have to wash my hair today :)

luncheon time. tossing together ravioli parm :)

completely whiskeyless :( hey, if you don't treat yourself to a fresh bottle for the 50 birthday? i want the blue one. :)

Post edited by Mistara on
    edited December 1969

ooo ooo federal tax return came - yippeeee oh wowww. no luv from new york state yet.

happy dance. thinking of buying silo. next time they have a sale.

headache so bad, i can't push verts around for naos. woes

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,189
    edited December 1969

We're in no hurry to get out taxes done. We are gonna owe a few thousand dollars. This will be the first year of no refund.

edited February 2014

Frank0314 said:
    We're in no hurry to get out taxes done. We are gonna owe a few thousand dollars. This will be the first year of no refund.

ouch. you don't want them charging interest and penalties. claim everything you can.

i should go out there in the 12°, transfer that moola out of my checking into passbook savings. headachy and everything.

edited December 1969

We're trying to write off as much as possible.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,517
    edited February 2014

Frank0314 said:

...probably the same here. Not much withholding was taken before I was laid off. and there's my UC benefits which are taxable by both the state and feds.

Will burn that bridge when I get to it in April. Right now it's more important I get though this month.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    tjohn said:
    Mebbe "i" is info.
    white - yellow - orange - red
    warning - caution - danger - run

http://www.emergency.vic.gov.au

Double exclamations are urgent I think :lol: Warrandyte is where we were :)
    ...thank you for the explanation, was curious. At least it looks like you're a bit away from the worst part of it

edited December 1969

...well still a mess here, Another freezing rain alert was issued this morning. Major streets and roads are passable but the side streets are still all snow/ice covered as are most sidewalks (no shoveling laws since such events are so infrequent and to tell the truth, a lot of people don't even have snow shovels). Was hoping to get out today for some errands but doesn't look likely. Been out of Advil now for two days.

Schools in the entire metro area are all closed. the transit system cancelled several bus routes (including the one that goes by where I used to work, they seem to love finding an excuse to cancel that one - no hills, and it's only a 25 - 30 min loop around the business/warehouse park area so I don't understand why), and placed a good number of others on snow/ice detours.

So another "wait and thaw" day as it is all melting very slowly. What we need is a break in the clouds and a day of sun to really do the trick. That isn't happening any time soon. Supposed to finally warm into the 50s by tomorrow & Wednesday but with rain which will only make a total slushy mess of everything and for a time really make the sidewalks dangerous with water on top of ice.

Not about to slip and fall at my age and go into debt for years to come because of the ridiculous cost of medical treatment these days. Being laid up would also put a real damper on things without any foreseeable income.

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666
    edited December 1969

Does Portland, OR usually have big storms like this? This is the first time that I have heard of a big snow-storm (more than two inches) in Oregon. Just asking.

edited December 1969

there and back again, with a side trip from the liqr store :)

some liquidy chocolate godiva to warm all the way down to the toes-zies.

they didnt have the blue label, somebody is warm on blended malt and kept it all to themselves.

edited December 1969

teen jayden has my most unfavourite eyebrows since poser7simon.

juliette echo echo zulu

ssipps :lol: feeling a lil less pain tee hee

edited December 1969

Morning. MIssed dawn this morning, I"m sure it happened anyhow :lol: Sky is not so smokey today, not so many lil' triangles either yay :)

edited February 2014

Kyoto Kid said:
    ps1borg said:
    tjohn said:
    Mebbe "i" is info.
    white - yellow - orange - red
    warning - caution - danger - run

http://www.emergency.vic.gov.au

Double exclamations are urgent I think :lol: Warrandyte is where we were :)

...thank you for the explanation, was curious. At least it looks like you're a bit away from the worst part of it

Was quite a surreal and sleep deprived weekend :lol: Bushfires not so close now, but randomly clicked and this is a block away :lol: No more random clicks today Oscar Mike Golf :lol:

rf.png
    313 x 275 - 48K
    Post edited by ps1borg on
    edited December 1969

there and back again, with a side trip from the liqr store :)

some liquidy chocolate godiva to warm all the way down to the toes-zies.

they didnt have the blue label, somebody is warm on blended malt and kept it all to themselves.

Movie on TV before called oblivion but wuz no sign of whisky, or tequila or rum so don't know what it was on about really :)

edited December 1969

We're lucky. We don't have any wild fires around here. Those are all in California primarily.

edited February 2014

Does Portland, OR usually have big storms like this? This is the first time that I have heard of a big snow-storm (more than two inches) in Oregon. Just asking.

...not usually. Such events occur once maybe every 4 -6 years at most. Most often we get a n inch here or there which is gone by the middle of the day. As I explained in one post last week. It takes a specific combination of conditions for this to happen.

First the jet Stream must dip southward off the Oregon coast. This allows for very cold air from the Yukon and Alaska as well as Alberta to move into the Northwest.

Next there needs to be a strong east to west flow through the Columbia gorge to push that cold air into the valley's west of the Cascades and sometimes even the northern Oregon/southern Washington coast.

To generate the snow requires moisture from the Pacific usually in the form of weak storm cells pulled along the jet from the western and north Pacific. As long as the jet continues it's path southward off the coast, the dome of cold air remains intact, any precipitation that is produced by these disturbances will fall as snow. To get a "big snow" takes a couple of these storms back to back like we received last week or a very large storm out of he Gulf of Alaska. Back in December of 2008 three such storms (one which was out of Alaska) dumped a total nearly 18" of snow in the Portland area. That was a "forty year event".

Snow here can also be extremely localised. For example back in the 90s the city of Portland was hit with about 6 - 9" of wet snow, however in Tualatin (a suburb several miles to the south) and north of downtown Vancouver WA, it was raining. Only a narrow band from the west end of the gorge into the city's centre saw snow.

Now what occurred this past Saturday and Sunday was a shift of the storm track to form a powerful wet tropical flow out of the South Pacific known locally as a 'Pineapple Express" (the nickname coming from the point of origin near the Hawai'ian Islands). While cold air was still in place near the surface in the valleys, it was overridden by warm air aloft. This created a unique inversion whereby the precipitation fell as rain instead of snow at higher elevations. As this rain fell into the colder mass of air near the valley surface it froze. This is how we got the sleet and freezing rain over the weekend. It can take several days sometimes for the warmer southwesterly winds aloft to completely scour the cold air out of the valleys, hence the continued threat of freezing rain this morning.

It's not quite a "perfect storm" kind of situation but more a "perfect" setup.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

this dude is a hawt! wheww

untitled1.jpg
    369 x 353 - 31K
    edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    We're lucky. We don't have any wild fires around here. Those are all in California primarily.

We had a little rain the past couple of years so things aren't so bad this time around but we have the four regular seasons and a fire season on top of those, just the way things are. It's been five years since wildfires broke into suburban Melbourne streets, very hot winds this fire season made the difference :)

edited December 1969

It's very rare that we have droughts. We get constant weather from Lake Erie

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited February 2014

Cold is sliding deep south again. Possible 1 to 2" of white flakes and or Ice for next two days. I'm so happy I could plootz..

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

me thinks i'm a lil tipsy. tee hee

deciding if i should cook up a batch of ravioli, or, cuppa darjeeling and pepperidge farm coconut layer cake.

how you all? asides from the weather woes. job woes. tax woes. arthur woes.

are you basically happy? is happy place with sweet runtimes? rendering for happiness?

my imagining lusty dude satyrs tee hee. satyrs are all dudes, right? or are there lady satyrs?
    if i had the garibaldi hair i would try for some satyr legs :)

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Cold is sliding deep south again. Possible 1 to 2" of white flakes and or Ice for next two days. I'm so happy I could plootz..

ever get to thinking mother nature is trying to shake off the dandruff? :roll:

edited December 1969

Cooking Velveeta shells and cheese atm. Wife should love me up for that. She's a huge Velveeta fan.

edited December 1969

tee hee - can you use velveeta like valentine's night whip cream?

edited February 2014

oh dear. yahooed satyr and it gave Fichier:Statue of a Satyr :bug:

oh my goooodness. i've stumbled upon a subculture?

can't look at any more. sobering.

edited December 1969

me thinks i'm a lil tipsy. tee hee

deciding if i should cook up a batch of ravioli, or, cuppa darjeeling and pepperidge farm coconut layer cake.

how you all? asides from the weather woes. job woes. tax woes. arthur woes.

are you basically happy? is happy place with sweet runtimes? rendering for happiness?

my imagining lusty dude satyrs tee hee. satyrs are all dudes, right? or are there lady satyrs?
    if i had the garibaldi hair i would try for some satyr legs :)

Am good thanks :) More sleep will be good but yes, lots to be happy about :)

edited December 1969

...still cloistered in by the weather. Never got above 35°

Haven't done much 3d work the last week or so. Too preoccupied with more "imminent" situations, just not really that inspired right now.

Wisconsin defeated "Sparty" (Michigan State) 60 - 58 yesterday and got back into the polls at #21 but the loss didn't trip up MSU at all as they remained at #9 Just illustrates how subjective this ranking system is, for when Wisky lost to by 1pt to #24 Ohio State the week before, we dropped from #14 to completely out of the polls. Nothing more than a "beauty contest" with the usual "darlings" being favoured if you ask me.

Meanwhile, In Footy, Arsenal was bombarded by Liverpool, 5 - 1.

Green Bay still hasn't fired defensive coordinator Dom Capers.

Homemade burritos for dinner.

Watching the ice outside s-l-o-w-l-y melt.

edited December 1969

happy about more :

friends than I can talk to at once
    beer than I can drink in a day
    clothes than I can wear at the same time
    rooms in our house than I can sleep in in a night
    food in the cupboards than I can eat in a week
    work than I can do in a month
    and a cartload of Maria Callas tracks on the ipods :lol:

edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    It's very rare that we have droughts. We get constant weather from Lake Erie

...crikey, read that as "doughnuts"...

...The Lake Effect Causes Doughnut Droughts Complaint Thread

This discussion has been closed.