Art of the Promo

Comments

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,310
    edited March 2022

There's a video game hero creeping into the shot any second now.  Antfarm's Temple of Sand

Post edited by FirstBastion on
    edited March 2022

Amazing how lush a few hundred thousand polies can look with the right lighting and backdrop.  Deepsea's Tropical environment. Like a still from a NatGeo episode.

• Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252
    edited August 2019

Some really cute and funny promo images for Mister Mushroom by ARTCollaborations.

Post edited by Kismet2012 on
    edited March 2022

Ansiko's Shipwreck Survivors Camp suggest the environmental horror of a dried up ocean seabed

• KindredArtsKindredArts Posts: 1,228

Ansiko's Shipwreck Survivors Camp suggest the environmental horror of a dried up ocean seabed

This is great, very Mad Max smiley

edited March 2022

Luthbellina's Adventurer has discovered a new place to explore.

edited March 2022

Jack Tomalin's Atonement is perfetly atmosphered for All Hallows Eve

• LeanaLeana Posts: 10,998

This pic from Anime Action Poses for Yuzuru just cracked me up:

• This is a cool post apoc promo for FuryX.

edited March 2022

Alright,  the purpose of promos is to get noticed. So true story; I'm minding my own business looking at the offerings this morning on the store page here, my wife looks over my shoulder at the fear itself promo,  and says "oh gawd, she farted" .  Be afraid.

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

Hahahaha! Nice one!

Alright,  the purpose of promos is to get noticed. So true story; I'm minding my own business looking at the offerings this morning on the store page here, my wife looks over my shoulder at the fear itself promo,  and says "oh gawd, she farted" .  Be afraid.

edited March 2022

A different kind of promo with Ron Deviney's new Snow Layers set. Imparting information and how-to wisdom is a great use of a promo.

• juve_satrianijuve_satriani Posts: 138
    edited November 2019

Rarestone's new concept character Pei AI and battlesuit suit  , a whole another league of stylized cool. A real treat of visual pop culture.

Those wonderful images makes me wonder why we`d never saw Art of Promo Video Tutorials in DAZ Store? I hope they`ll makes votes who and which artist should be in those series . No offense to peoples who`ve already releasing art series in here(store) but most of pictures in this thread really stunning and beyond amazing !

Post edited by juve_satriani on
    edited March 19

It is always good to impart some information in a promo,  as Drew Spence does in the Visual Story Writing tutorials.

edited March 19

The colledtion of detailed promos offered today for the Strangefate's Red Crow Inn are nothing short of spectacular. So intrincate and so detailed. Outstanding work.

edited March 19

What a great way to show off the variety and possibilities  in the product by the Alchemist Hair and Beard/Mmoustache product. Great intro.

edited March 19

Felidae by AllessandroAM depth of field big kitty awesomeness.

• mr clammr clam Posts: 707

Some really cute and funny promo images for Mister Mushroom by ARTCollaborations.

I really doubt the artist is aware of it, but this image brings to mind a country-style (morlam) Thai song called "Granny Picks a Mushroom". It's a double entendre.

Out of this World  Movie Maker

A simple image from FirstBastion's new release but the sense of panic from being trapped by who knows what is palpable.

Revitalizing the Industrial core of the inner city is always part of the gentrification in municipalities, and ClancyArch3d new brooklyn Apartment has plenty going on. Don't mind the drain pipes you can probably hide them.

but the sense of panic from being trapped by who knows what is palpable.

I think I was going for mid 80's fashionista art, but I see your point now that you've mention it.

but the sense of panic from being trapped by who knows what is palpable.

I think I was going for mid 80's fashionista art, but I see your point now that you've mention it.

Maybe I was watching a few too many horror movies recently. 

Ay matey, we be dealing with a well read pirate on these Fugazi and Ironman shores. 

It's a good day for Promos

Linday takes us deep into the creative process with these one click developed scene presets. Might need to pick up some additional content but the results look very cool.

this pic full size is 5000 pixels wide make sure you check out the store page for all the visual detail.

Howie Farked release a landscape system that is seriously impressive. Add a 64 x 64 terrain and watch the magic develop.  Trees, water, road. Check out all the promos, this one gives a hint of the process involved under the hood.

It's a good day for promos.

Not a new release but I was digging deep through some catalog product promos and noticed this little gem by FeralFey for the Insouciant poses pack. The pose, along with the depth of field and the composition and the graininess of the render make it a striking promo.

It is the samll touches and details that help sell the realism in a shot, and the haze, god rays, depth of field blur, and wafting smoke of the put out candles in this cavernous catherdral certainly all work well together to suggest it here by Mattymanx.

This Highlands promo by Aako shows a vast vista against the sky.  Epic.

This Toon Hero promo by Joe Quick has a great sense of humor.