It’s The End Of The World As We Know It, And I Feel Fine!

Comments

• BlumBlumShubBlumBlumShub Posts: 1,108
    edited July 2012

Well, don't know what to say, it seems every time I start planning to do anything it goes pear shaped. Had another few cruddy days with health, and then today was marvelous, I've been running round like a spring chicken! Even went into the wilderness known as "Thee Bakk Garr Dun" or something. Was a horrific sight until I attacked it with a strimmer, now it looks... well, still pretty horrific actually, but at least it's more flat!

I haven't had much time to check forums lately, how do I get my July PC discount thingo? Don't think I got a mail about it and nothing is showing in my account.

{edit} - Scratch that about the PC discount, I did get an email but it went to the junk folder. No other DAZ mail did though so I don't know why this one got jumped on.

Post edited by BlumBlumShub on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Well, don't know what to say, it seems every time I start planning to do anything it goes pear shaped. Had another few cruddy days with health, and then today was marvelous, I've been running round like a spring chicken! Even went into the wilderness known as "Thee Bakk Garr Dun" or something. Was a horrific sight until I attacked it with a strimmer, now it looks... well, still pretty horrific actually, but at least it's more flat!

I haven't had much time to check forums lately, how do I get my July PC discount thingo? Don't think I got a mail about it and nothing is showing in my account.

{edit} - Scratch that about the PC discount, I did get an email but it went to the junk folder. No other DAZ mail did though so I don't know why this one got jumped on.

Barry there is always this thread that tells you how to claim the coupons, gets updated each month.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/3362/

ANd if your Bakk Garr Dun was anything like ours, after all the rain I was thinking we might have to sen out a search party for the catlings, the grass was getting so tall. I swear you could watch it grow, all the rain we have had.
    edited July 2012

The Bakk Gar Dunn is awful, but never mind, I'm sure I'll have another good day soon! Knackered tonight to be honest!

Been looking at morphs for Genesis. I'm intrigued by some of the creature/monster ones, but before I do that are there any that are considered absolute must have items?

Got V5 and M5, and I think there was another one somewhere but I can't remember it!

{edit} - The one I thought I had was the evolution body/head pack, but it seems I never actually bought them, just put them in the wishlist. So I got them instead of the creature set. Can have a good ol' play with those I think.

Off to bed now. Nighty night guys.

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

Finding a long lost cousin would be fun. As it is, though, I have some I would love to lose.

edited December 1969

It's too wet here to work in my yard and by the time it's dry enough, the yard will be a blasted jungle again.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,712
    edited July 2012

the nVidia forum is down due to hacking so info on web pretty thin at the moment regarding my coming 3D shutter glasses.
    pretty sure I will need a new monitor but cannot test mine without the damned glasses, think they will flicker too much
    interestingly since I changed my 3Dvision to enable using red/cyan I can in fact save interleaved video whereas I could not before, only plays back in stereo moviemaker fuzzy ofcourse, but does not apear to flicker, so assuming when I get the glasses I should then be able to watch it in 3D.
    edited to remove awful fuzzy interleaved render (what was I thinking?)
    I gather no-one here interested in stereoscopic viewing anyway
    just one of my things I guess, I have the surround sound speakers, getting the 3D view, just need the vibrating chair and smellovision!!!

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
    edited December 1969

Urgh, I used to like it when my itemised order history could show everything on one page however big it was, and when I could sort it by order date. Now it's hard work finding stuff I haven't downloaded!

edited December 1969

Urgh, I used to like it when my itemised order history could show everything on one page however big it was, and when I could sort it by order date. Now it's hard work finding stuff I haven't downloaded!

They are going to try making it easier somehow., sometime s**...ummm...err....in the future, will that do instead of that word I am not alloowed to use.
    edited December 1969

chohole said:

They are going to try making it easier somehow., sometime s**...ummm...err....in the future, will that do instead of that word I am not alloowed to use.
    I think they should uninstall the whole thing, go back to the old system and get more chewing gum to hold it together, because it was actually a damn good system and the programmers should be congratulated. I bet they're really sad about this bought-in system they've got.

I've installed M5 and the new morphs. Am quite excited about playing with those. I might look and see what's available in the $1.99 section, I like poking round bargain bins!

One of the things I was hoping to find was a good minotaur character for Genesis. There is a minotaur but it looks absolutely dreadful so I won't be getting that.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

He is not a 1.99 item but I really like Mr. Hyde. I can tweddle dials all day with him. So many things you can do it's more fun than rendering.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    He is not a 1.99 item but I really like Mr. Hyde. I can tweddle dials all day with him. So many things you can do it's more fun than rendering.

He might come in handy if I want to make a World of Warcraft style Orc, actually, so thanks for that. Might get it next month.
    edited December 1969

I seem to remember that sometime before the world ended there was a discussion in here about anti-virus programs. My resident idiot (aka The Son-in-Law) will not stay away from Torrent sites and I'm tired of trying to help him. What is good to put on a stick and hand to him? Other than dynamite and telling him to shove it where the sun don't shine. His laptop can't access the net so it's either a stick or $75 to the shop.

edited December 1969

DAZ makes dials just for me. I love playing with them and laughing my head off. I spend hours moving them instead of doing anything to render.

edited July 2012

AtticAnne said:
    I seem to remember that sometime before the world ended there was a discussion in here about anti-virus programs. My resident idiot (aka The Son-in-Law) will not stay away from Torrent sites and I'm tired of trying to help him. What is good to put on a stick and hand to him? Other than dynamite and telling him to shove it where the sun don't shine. His laptop can't access the net so it's either a stick or $75 to the shop.
    Wont do any good. He would just turn it off and surf again. I'm an "EX-Hacker" that learned the hard way. When his HDD get's hit with a hard write virus and a Bios re-write and he need's a Brand new PC and all his on Drive content goes POOF he might learn. I did.

Edit: And many of his back up's that READ clean are REALLY infected, well... you get the picture.
    Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

For a guy with no income, he sure is careless. I'm not giving him any money to have it fixed. This happens about every two weeks. The tech and I have both explained about using an anti-virus, malware scrubber and staying off of questionable sites, but NO, Mr. Thinks-he-knows-it-all won't listen.

edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:
    For a guy with no income, he sure is careless. I'm not giving him any money to have it fixed. This happens about every two weeks. The tech and I have both explained about using an anti-virus, malware scrubber and staying off of questionable sites, but NO, Mr. Thinks-he-knows-it-all won't listen.

The problem with anti-virus software is that they are always reactive, not proactive, meaning if a new virus comes out, you've got it before the software deals with it. No software can predict the next virus. His only hope is to stay away from the dodgy sites.

Just make sure that when his computer is fubar, he doesn't move onto yours!

edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:

The problem with anti-virus software is that they are always reactive, not proactive, meaning if a new virus comes out, you've got it before the software deals with it. No software can predict the next virus. His only hope is to stay away from the dodgy sites.

Just make sure that when his computer is fubar, he doesn't move onto yours!Children need to learn HARD lessons. "Mommy, mommy, my teddy bears ear came off again!", "What happened dear?", "I pulled it again.", pout, and eyes downcast. The Mommy,"Well dear, I'm sorry but we just can not fix him again. You pulled one time to many."

I'm Sorry but YOUR FUBAR are words many of us are loath to say, but they work so well.
    edited July 2012

I do not know if anyone gets my replies to personal messages, my sent box says empty
    I do reply
    everyone prob thinks I am just rude.

mmm, number of posts

SC20120718-183234-1.jpg
    153 x 162 - 4K
    edited December 1969

Wendy you need to tell it to save a copy to your sent box if you need one.

edited December 1969

I want to do a render. Just a render. No fancypants crap, no experiments, no stupid kneeling-and-wearing-stupidly-long-dress, just a bloom'n render!

So.

I'm going to! And I'm going to use M5. Oh yes indeedy!

edited December 1969

Oh M5 would look just darling in a long dress :coolsmirk:

edited December 1969

yeah Barry, please do!
    I got that blasted elven dress in Hex and Hex would either not let me move anything, moved the whole dress or verts wildly
    tried all the bend morphs with values overthetop and smoothing and collision at full blast!
    I can actually do this in Carrara for a single image without bothering with morph targets, just moving mesh usually but not studio so easily.
    also tried opacity map on skirt and dynamic cloth sim with Queen of ages dress, was going to show only skirt retextured to match but studio crashed so gave up.

edited December 1969

chohole said:

M3 is hotter but I had to post that one on facebook friends due to happy crotch cloth collision!
    M4 on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEjzvcLHDRQ
    edited July 2012
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,189
    edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:

I have a brother and step mother like that.

edited December 1969

chohole said:

I'm on the case!
    edited December 1969

Dear Wendy. I just got up and I did get all your PM's thank much. M5+Dress=Got to see.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Dear Wendy. I just got up and I did get all your PM's thank much. M5+Dress=Got to see.

The render is baking. It's not a long dress though, I wanted the render done just so I could say I've done one, finally.
    Hopefully the lighting doesn't look too awful, but I'm not spending too much time mucking about with it, it's just for a giggle. The pose was fun!

No idea how to post images on this newfangled widgetyforumsite, but I'm sure I'll figure it out.

edited July 2012

Just under the Text area when you post. The Browse button to add your file. We are still 800x800 pixels wide so keep that in mind. You can add more images by hitting Preview Post and adding a second image ect..but you do not know which one will display first.

I know I did a larger size but it's not cool to do it so I went back to 800x800 for now.

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited July 2012

Failed! Going to do another one because I know what the problem was. A swarm of butterflies messed up my shadows!

{edit} - Uh oh! I've set up a new render using deep mapped shadows instead of raytracing. Everything looks beautiful... erm... except M5! Think I might set another low intensity spotlight pointing at his face and see what happens.

{another edit} - Dear God this is like a comedy of errors! Now I've rendered the wrong window!

This discussion has been closed.