UltraScenery [Commercial]

HowieFarkesHowieFarkes Posts: 582
edited December 2020 in Daz PA Commercial Products

Hi all,

I'm pretty excited to show off my product - UltraScenery. Think of it like UltraTrees but for entire landscapes. Use procedural noise and/or heightmaps to generate the terrain, select features such as rivers, ponds, roads and tracks then choose an "Ecology" to cover the terrain in vegetaion and rocks etc.

A sample of generated landscapes are below :)

** Things to try if UltraScenery is not working for you **

• Ensure you have the latest version of UltraScenery installed (currently that is version 1.3.1)
  • Install UltraScenery via DIM instead of SmartContent
  • Ensure Instance Optimization in the render settings is set to "Memory" or maybe "Auto" but definitely not "Speed"
  • Use a viewport renderer other than "Nvida Iray"
  • Uninstall Octane Render (if convenient) - Octane Render has for some people caused freezes and/or extremely long processing times for UltraScenery
  • Getting a big stack of plants and props in the very center of the scene - that also can be caused by Octane Render and can be resolved by uninstalling Octane.
  • Ensure any required products are also installed for the addon you're using - find a list below if unsure.

List of Addons for UltraScenery

List of Addon Bundles for UltraScenery

Other Resources

Post edited by HowieFarkes on

Comments

• smaker1smaker1 Posts: 275

WHoaaa! You never cease to amaze me!

The question is now: WHEN!!!

• LeanaLeana Posts: 10,932

Those look beautiful!

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,878

That's so astonoshing. Eager to buy it..

• mats76mats76 Posts: 289

Wow this looks amazing.

• James_HJames_H Posts: 996

Hmm. Credit card in hiding.

• This could be very interesting. Looking forward to seeing it progress.

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,524

Hi all,

I'm pretty excited to show off my (hopefully) next product - UltraScenery. Think of it like UltraTrees but for entire landscapes. Use procedural noise and/or heightmaps to generate the terrain, select features such as rivers, ponds, roads and tracks then choose an "Ecology" to cover the terrain in vegetaion and rocks etc.

Looks very interesting. Which format of heightmaps, you will support in this product?

• Take my money ... now!

• Artini said:

Hi all,

I'm pretty excited to show off my (hopefully) next product - UltraScenery. Think of it like UltraTrees but for entire landscapes. Use procedural noise and/or heightmaps to generate the terrain, select features such as rivers, ponds, roads and tracks then choose an "Ecology" to cover the terrain in vegetaion and rocks etc.

Looks very interesting. Which format of heightmaps, you will support in this product?

Nothing fancy - just grayscale height maps. Also this first iteration of the script only produces a terrain 64x64 meters (mainly because any bigger and the numbers for the vegetation instances bet out of hand).

• Hurdy3DHurdy3D Posts: 1,037
    edited January 2020

this looks like something I have waited for all the time yes

Post edited by Hurdy3D on
  • Sold, to the cat with the axe.

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,219

Awesomeness!

• PaintboxPaintbox Posts: 1,633

10/10 would buy, great idea!

• TimotheusTimotheus Posts: 236

I'm still trying to get my jaw up off the floor. Wow.

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621

Wow this looks awesome!

I have a question.

It looks like that every of your promo scene has a path or a river with the same or at least similar form.

Are the generated secneries restricted that there is a path or river with always the same shape?

Or we we do also do our own paths (e.g. a crossroad) or a forest clearing without any paths or rivers?

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,309

This looks awesome but. . .  Will it run on an 8GB Nvidia 1080 with a V7HD on the loose?

Cheers,

Alex.

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,942

Oh, you sod ... just when I was finally managing to cut down on my expenditures ... cheeky

• Instabuy regardless, but I second Gerster's question. There's a dearth of major rivers in the store (not creeks or streams, but like the Columbia or Mississippi rivers) and I could really use one.

• Leonides02Leonides02 Posts: 1,370

WOW, Howie! This looks like the kind of product I'd always dreams of seeing in the store. 

Are the objects created as instances? (i.e. like with UltraScatter)

Can we add our own library of grasses, trees, etc? (I suppose we could combine with UltraScatter). 

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,246

Reminds me of some of your old Cararra products. Beautiful. 

I suppose it's too much to ask for 3DL materials?

• gerster said:

I have a question.

It looks like that every of your promo scene has a path or a river with the same or at least similar form.

Are the generated secneries restricted that there is a path or river with always the same shape?

Or we we do also do our own paths (e.g. a crossroad) or a forest clearing without any paths or rivers?

The landscape features such as streams and paths are not procedurally generated so they have to be defined using image maps and a JSON file. Initially you'll kinda be restricted to what's included (you're always free to hack the JSON files if you want to try that) but it will be some future release that includes the ability for the end user to define their own features.

• WOW, Howie! This looks like the kind of product I'd always dreams of seeing in the store. 

Are the objects created as instances? (i.e. like with UltraScatter)

Can we add our own library of grasses, trees, etc? (I suppose we could combine with UltraScatter). 

Maybe in the future but right now the script needs to know things like the names of materials used in the props and their approximate size and distribution spacing etc. Likely a future UltraScenery-Advanced or something could have an editor for the Ecologies.

• Instabuy regardless, but I second Gerster's question. There's a dearth of major rivers in the store (not creeks or streams, but like the Columbia or Mississippi rivers) and I could really use one.

Not sure that the landscapes are big enough to accommodate a large river like that. Like I said earlier the terrain is 64 x 64 meters ( roughly 210 x 210 feet or 70 x 70 yards for those in the USA ). You can fit a lot into something that size but not broad vistas unfortunately.

• This looks awesome but. . .  Will it run on an 8GB Nvidia 1080 with a V7HD on the loose?

Cheers,

Alex.

Sorry I can't help you out with an answer here. I develop on Mac so everything is CPU render for me anyway.

• JOdel said:

Reminds me of some of your old Cararra products. Beautiful. 

I suppose it's too much to ask for 3DL materials?

This will be Iray only at this stage as some of the features I've developed for the materials (such as height based shading on props that are both in and out of the water) I haven't figured out if it is even possible to do with 3DL. As far as I can see height based shaders in 3DL are relative to the scene or to the prop and not in world space like I need.

• jardinejardine Posts: 1,190

sounds (and looks!) like a dream come true.  

:)

j

• Griffin AvidGriffin Avid Posts: 3,755

Hopefully you put a randomizer somewhere in the there.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,745

Sigh... always more stuff to buy.  However, while more trees and forests are always nice, I'd really love to see some different biomes... big open rolling prairies, famlands filled with crops, scrub filled badlands....  .  

gerster said:

I have a question.

The landscape features such as streams and paths are not procedurally generated so they have to be defined using image maps and a JSON file. Initially you'll kinda be restricted to what's included (you're always free to hack the JSON files if you want to try that) but it will be some future release that includes the ability for the end user to define their own features.

good to hear that it's at least planned for the future yes

Instabuy regardless, but I second Gerster's question. There's a dearth of major rivers in the store (not creeks or streams, but like the Columbia or Mississippi rivers) and I could really use one.

Not sure that the landscapes are big enough to accommodate a large river like that. Like I said earlier the terrain is 64 x 64 meters ( roughly 210 x 210 feet or 70 x 70 yards for those in the USA ). You can fit a lot into something that size but not broad vistas unfortunately.

Will future updates allow us to increase the terrain? I very intersted into gernertign e.g. big woods ;)

This discussion has been closed.