!! Side Renders - More Xerr! - Double More Xerr!! - Other Creatures Also !!

Comments

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,816

angel

T Posing

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,768
    edited January 2020

Macadamia Muncher

Raw Render

Post-worked

Critter Cockatoo 1.png
    800 x 600 - 738K
    Critter Cockatoo 1 Topaz.png
    800 x 600 - 895K
    Post edited by Bunyip02 on
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,085
    edited January 2020

Stezza - the fox is a trendsetter with the TPose. I agree we need some Sockratease to shake things up with a kalaidascope cow.  Bunyip, I'm not telling any secrets around that bird.  Is that a Daz product, or elsewhere.  I got a bunch of birds elsewhere, I think it was contentparadise, but I don't think I have that one.

Here is the old Daz Xerr.  I think they recently released a fancier Xerr.  My older one is not happy.

xerr beastie.jpg
    1700 x 2000 - 113K
    Post edited by Diomede on
    edited January 2020

I have xerr and I don't think I've ever used it... mmmm 

a Cockatoo
    Australian Bird bundle is currently on sale over at HW3D

Cockatoo.png
    802 x 602 - 505K
    Post edited by Stezza on
    Diomede said:

Stezza - the fox is a trendsetter with the TPose. I agree we need some Sockratease to shake things up with a kalaidascope cow.  Bunyip, I'm not telling any secrets around that bird.  Is that a Daz product, or elsewhere.  I got a bunch of birds elsewhere, I think it was contentparadise, but I don't think I have that one.

Here is the old Daz Xerr.  I think they recently released a fancier Xerr.  My older one is not happy.

Nice to see the Xerr making an appearance !

Miss the Sockratease take on the Moo....

Bird is Noggin's Cockatoo, thought I'd do a render since I've got a nice specimen raiding one of my back trees : https://www.daz3d.com/noggin-s-cockatoo

Also get King Parrots raiding the Almond trees !!! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_king_parrot

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,927

wow, lots to see and dog ... er I mean do. thanks for theadsup on oz birds Stezza, Xerr The Unloved he should be called.

Bumyip Black Cockatoos round here are toe munchers

Heres Two Dogs

A long time ago I used poser to rebone the daz dog (just the head) and it saves the morphs - sadly they took the tut down and when I wrote to them told me it was old fashioned blah blah blah - but you can do the same thing in the carrara plug in daz studio

Means I can have a head that will morph into different breeeds - here it i stsuck on the pumpkin headed man

the dog on right is low res - hint when posing the dog tail uses the paremeters  - and don't forget to hit 'smooth' in the vertex room for the mesh

post work with photodonut

edited January 2020

@Headwax you must of watched too much of Graham Kenedy's Coast to Coast as well laugh

Two Zebra Finches

Zebra Finches.png
    800 x 600 - 694K
    Post edited by Stezza on
  • HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,927

a ha yes what sound does a crow make - nice beirds by the way

• VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235

@Headwax you must of watched too much of Graham Kenedy's Coast to Coast as well laugh

Two Zebra Finches

Cool! Very relevant to me.

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,235

@Stezza I love it!!! laugh

@Stezza I love it!!! laugh

+1

Traveling with the Xerr - (we call him "Chomp")

Description

...after saving the young Xerr, he shows up at the most unusual times to make sure his friends are safe!

This new update of Dartanbeck uses both Mon Chevalier hair as well as Carrara's dynamic hair. Both Dart and Rosie use Arki's EYEdeas 3+, which I can no longer live without! :)

Xerr (Chomp) is sporting translucent hairs, claws, horns and teeth. I didn't like any of the translucency settings from one for the other, so each has their own special shader.

Made with...

edited January 2020

This is the raw render. I'm really not used to doing renders that take this long - using global illumination, indirect lighting, some of the settings cranked up much higher than I normally go. I must say... it was fun! It took about as long as it normally takes me to do an entire 3 second animated render! LOL

I wanted to bring out some detail. I was going to do all of my post work in Affinity Photo, but I'm so much more used to using Howler for certain things - so I brought it into Affinity Photo and used the Live Layer high pass filter using Linear Light. Next I started color grading with a curves filter. After that I just kinda wanted to go to bed soon, so I exported and brought it into Howler for the final steps: slight color grade, signature and a touch of Mystic Vision blurring to help sell the brightness of the background. But this is what it looked like after exporting from Affinity Photo

The difference is subtle, but I felt it was necessary. The High Pass finds fine details, like Chomp's wrinkles, Dart's flexing musculature and Rosie's Hair being the most obvious, but it also helped out the terrain of the Etaiji Pass too. I only used a 0.7 pixel radius, so yeah... really subtle enhancement. I was also happy with the light/dark ratio, which was odd. Must be the GI and IL that helped so much with that. So in the Curves filter, I mainly reduced blues from the highs while bumping up the red, and pushed more blue into the shadpws while pulling out some of the red. Again, I did the final color grade work in Howler - but Affinity Photo is amazing software and so inexpensive. I'm really happy with it and I'm glad that it works 'with' my beloved Howler as opposed to trying to replace it! ;)

Travelling Xerr.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
    Travelling with a Xerr.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    Post edited by Dartanbeck on

By the way, I'm not hiding Dart's feet purposely for any strange reason. He's just standing below a shallow ledge. This Etaiji Pass is really cool. Chomp is resting on some ledges as is Rosie too. After a few test renders I finally realized that I haven't changed the shaders for Etaiji Pass - nor did I in the end. This is how it loaded into Carrara. Bonus! ;)

edited January 2020

Most excellent Xerr!  Thanks for the detailed explanation, Dart.  I am always learning.  yesyes

Olympia in a Temple with a Qexi.

Creature = Quexi  from RDNA and merged with Daz store https://www.daz3d.com/quexi-mythical-feathered-serpent

Figure = G2F Olympia 6 mixed with some Callie 6 and Girl 6.

Shader = Ringo's Carrara skin shader for Olympia 6

Hair = Alanna Hair for G2F

Outfit = Desert Dancer Outfit for G2F

Set = 1001 Nights

This smaller version is the straight render before postwork.

Quexi Larger.jpg
    1360 x 1600 - 616K
    Doc33.png
    1360 x 1600 - 2M
    Post edited by Diomede on
    edited January 2020

That Is Awesome! Wow, the Qexi!!! 

I've been going through my Creature catalog for goodies and baddies for my movie. I ran across Qexi and my imagination started to zing, but I still haven't loaded it up yet - not even once! But I guess that's the point of this side-challenge, eh?

Great job! love the render!

Post edited by Dartanbeck on
    edited January 2020
    Diomede said:

Most excellent Xerr!  Thanks for the detailed explanation, Dart.  I am always learning.  yesyes

Creature = Quexi  from RDNA and merged with Daz store https://www.daz3d.com/quexi-mythical-feathered-serpent

Set = 1001 Nights

awesome... @diomede apparently I also have Qexi as well.. fancy that!

Xerr Time

Xerr Time.png
    800 x 600 - 818K
    Post edited by Stezza on
    Headwax said:

wow, lots to see and dog ... er I mean do. thanks for theadsup on oz birds Stezza, Xerr The Unloved he should be called.

Bumyip Black Cockatoos round here are toe munchers

Heres Two Dogs

A long time ago I used poser to rebone the daz dog (just the head) and it saves the morphs - sadly they took the tut down and when I wrote to them told me it was old fashioned blah blah blah - but you can do the same thing in the carrara plug in daz studio

Means I can have a head that will morph into different breeeds - here it i stsuck on the pumpkin headed man

the dog on right is low res - hint when posing the dog tail uses the paremeters  - and don't forget to hit 'smooth' in the vertex room for the mesh

post work with photodonut

Another excellent Werecrow, I mean Werewolf !!!!

Two Zebra Finches

Top render !!

Traveling with the Xerr - (we call him "Chomp")

Description

...after saving the young Xerr, he shows up at the most unusual times to make sure his friends are safe!

This new update of Dartanbeck uses both Mon Chevalier hair as well as Carrara's dynamic hair. Both Dart and Rosie use Arki's EYEdeas 3+, which I can no longer live without! :)

Xerr (Chomp) is sporting translucent hairs, claws, horns and teeth. I didn't like any of the translucency settings from one for the other, so each has their own special shader.

Made with...

Woohoo - love it !!!

Diomede said:

Set = 1001 Nights

Great work !!!

Diomede said:

Set = 1001 Nights

awesome... @diomede apparently I also have Qexi as well.. fancy that!

Xerr Time

Good to see the Xerr getting some love !!!

edited January 2020

Goat

Raw render

Post-worked

Critter Goat 1.png
    1600 x 1200 - 2M
    Critter Goat 1 Topaz FiltForge.png
    1600 x 1200 - 5M
    edited January 2020

Scorpian

Raw render

Post-worked

Critter Scorpian 1.png
    1600 x 1200 - 2M
    Critter Scorpian 1 FiltForge.png
    1600 x 1200 - 5M
    edited January 2020

Platypus

Raw render

Post-worked

Critter Platypus 1.png
    800 x 1040 - 1M
    Critter Platypus 1 Topaz.png
    800 x 1040 - 2M
    edited January 2020

Penfold the Penguin

Raw render

Post-worked

Critter PenfoldPenguin 1.png
    1600 x 1200 - 1005K
    Critter PenfoldPenguin 1 FiltForge2.png
    1600 x 1200 - 2M
    edited January 2020

Retro Ceratosaurus

Raw render

Post-worked

Critter retro Ceratosaurus 1.png
    1600 x 1200 - 3M
    Critter retro Ceratosaurus 1 FiltForge.png
    1600 x 1200 - 5M
    edited January 2020

Hemicyon

Raw  render

Post-worked

Critter Hemicyon 1.png
    1600 x 1200 - 3M
    Critter Hemicyon 1 Topaz FiltForge2.png
    1600 x 1200 - 5M
    edited January 2020

My take on the Xerr render

Raw render

Post-worked

Critter Xerr 1.png
    1600 x 2180 - 2M
    Critter Xerr 1 Topaz.png
    1600 x 2180 - 4M

We could have made this a Xerr thread!  Thanks for adding more great Xerr pics, Stezza, Bunyip and Dart.  A critter well worth celebrating.

I'm loving all these great creatures you have, Bunyip.  Special shout out to the penguin for the comic color effects.  heart