The All you can Eat Sushi and Complaints Thread

Comments

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    edited December 1969

Hi everyone! 39F here right now. There's a thick fog that was even thicker when I went to bed. Visibility must have been under a quarter mile. In fact, it looks like it's not any better than that right now. In fact, I can't quite see the end of my street...and it's only about two blocks from my window, if that.

Dana

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

is it Elm street?

is it thirstday already?

is shades of gray outside.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,794
    edited December 1969

keepin cool

b.gif
    400 x 800 - 9M
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,684
    edited December 1969

I got a bus pass so I found a way to get to and back from the library. I can go to my program I wanted to go to tomorrow too without relying on anyone but the bus system.

edited December 1969

I don't care for public transportation, but if it's all you have, then it's good that you can depend on it.

Dana

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,342
    edited December 1969

I hate public transportation. To many shady people ride them. This area is bad enough without putting yourself among them in a confined space.

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

morning. hot and getting hotter under a pitiless bright blue sky. Perhaps there will be a cool change in the next 24 hours or so.

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    Hi everyone! 39F here right now. There's a thick fog that was even thicker when I went to bed. Visibility must have been under a quarter mile. In fact, it looks like it's not any better than that right now. In fact, I can't quite see the end of my street...and it's only about two blocks from my window, if that.

Dana

So is true, there really is somewhere cool out there.... :lol:
    Good news for us is no uncontrolled fires near me. Bad news is the wind is picking up :)

edited December 1969

keepin cool

only 96 here, bit of a north wind picking up tho :)

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,342
    edited December 1969

14F and snowing here atm

edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    I hate public transportation. To many shady people ride them. This area is bad enough without putting yourself among them in a confined space.

That's part of my reason.

Dana

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

woulda been prettier with sprinkles, but still, came out tasty.

01-16-14_1658.jpg
    640 x 480 - 37K
  • TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,006
    edited December 1969

cookie_monster.jpg
    640 x 480 - 51K
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:

Now that's ironic! And cute.

Dana

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560
    edited January 2014

DanaTA said:
    Frank0314 said:

That's part of my reason.

Dana
    ...unfortunately, there are many of us who have no choice if we want to work because we cannot afford all the associated costs of owning a car. Petrol isn't the only expense.

Just to be insured (mandatory here in the US), I need to shell out nearly 1,500$ for the first six months because I am now considered a "new driver' again. I couldn't afford that on what I was paid on my last job and given the recent turn of events certianly not now.

Add to that the cost for the car, maintenance (which on cars made these days cannot be done in your driveway anymore, crikey, I have one friend who id not even allowed to change his own oil as that would void his warranty), parking, fees and taxes, it is a huge financial burden, especially when one is already living paycheque to paycheque.

Transit where I live used to be good, it was frequent, inexpensive, on schedule, and safe. However, poor decision making and misdirected priorities (pushing light rail and streetcar development over bus service during the last decade and a half) as well as the recent recession has resulted in sweeping cuts in bus service over the past several years (with even more reductions on the way as a new LRT line is soon to go into service).

The really silly thing is our transit system is not funded from the state budget like it is in most metro areas, but by a tax on local employers. which since the recession has set up a "Catch-22" situation. All the service cuts have made it harder for people to find and get to jobs yet to get the funding needed to improve service more people need to be working.

It has put a real crimp in my work search as more employers here are adding to their job requirements: "Reliable Transportation - No Transit". Most of the few new job openings have been occurring are on the far west and south ends of the metro area where transit service is either a "joke" or just non existent.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    14F and snowing here atm

Is a crazy world, people are wheeling trolley loads of ice up our street expecting power cuts later on heh, gots ta laugh (kinda hysterically)

tt.png
    231 x 175 - 15K
    edited January 2014

...could go for some of that warmth here.

Have been in total pain all last night and day today even with taking my Advil.

Looking at the current conditions here no wonder. Was supposed to be in the mid to upper 50s today, don't know what happened.

Now there's the job to have. You can be wrong most of the time and not worry about being fired. If it didn't require a degree, I'd be there. Then again, I don't understand why it does require a degree considering the failure rate of most forecasts. Crikey, my joints and bones are more accurate than all their doppler radar, computer models and satellites combined.

01-16.jpg
    854 x 533 - 133K
  • starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666
    edited December 1969

in case anyone wondered what happened to me at the dentist's office: he said that one wisdom tooth might be rubbing against the other molar. I have no cavity or infection on the problem teeth, but I have a new cavity on the other side.

I need to find some over-the-counter pain killers. bbl

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,684
    edited December 1969

I have to have a prescription for over the counter pain killers.

edited December 1969

in case anyone wondered what happened to me at the dentist's office: he said that one wisdom tooth might be rubbing against the other molar. I have no cavity or infection on the problem teeth, but I have a new cavity on the other side.

I need to find some over-the-counter pain killers. bbl

Oh ouch hopes that clears up for you soon :)

edited January 2014

Kyoto Kid said:

Looking at the current conditions here no wonder. Was supposed to be in the mid to upper 50s today, don't know what happened.

Now there's the job to have. You can be wrong most of the time and not worry about being fired. If it didn't require a degree, I'd be there. Then again, I don't understand why it does require a degree considering the failure rate of most forecasts. Crikey, my joints and bones are more accurate than all their doppler radar, computer models and satellites combined.

That is so not fair *hugs*
    Beyond hot here, stuff like power tools and petrol pumps are breaking down all over :)

ti.png
    242 x 163 - 16K
    Post edited by ps1borg on
    edited December 1969

I need a new over the counter brain, the old one fried yesterday :lol:

edited January 2014

Well the local beaches are closed, is officially too hot to be at the beach today whisky tango foxtrot. That is my complaint :)

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I'm in a place that allows the Bone Gnomes to party all day and night. The weather here is in Roller Coaster mode, Warm one day Cold the next then warm then cold then toss in some Dry then Wet and then dry then wet and you have my local weather. Today my knees are very bad, tomorrow it will be a different body part that wishes to throb all day. If the weather could just smooth out for 3 or four days in a row it would so make my life better. And I really do not care which way it goes, cold for 4 days would be just as good as warm for 4 days at this point.

Everybody stay safe. To Hot is just as bad as too cold.

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Well the local beaches are closed, is officially too hot to be at the beach today whisky tango foxtrot. That is my complaint :)

...hmmm, that's like it's snowing too much to go skiing
    edited January 2014

Jaderail said:
    I'm in a place that allows the Bone Gnomes to party all day and night. The weather here is in Roller Coaster mode, Warm one day Cold the next then warm then cold then toss in some Dry then Wet and then dry then wet and you have my local weather. Today my knees are very bad, tomorrow it will be a different body part that wishes to throb all day. If the weather could just smooth out for 3 or four days in a row it would so make my life better. And I really do not care which way it goes, cold for 4 days would be just as good as warm for 4 days at this point.

Everybody stay safe. To Hot is just as bad as too cold.

...for me it's my shoulders arms wrists and hips today. Have to be careful handling things with my lousier than normal grip, almost had a bottle of Pure Maple Syrup slip out of my hand this morning (and that stuff is expensive, though much better in every way to a bottle of caramel coloured HFCS).
    edited January 2014

Kyoto Kid said:
    ps1borg said:

...hmmm, that's like it's snowing too much to go skiing

yes is too something to do anything today, is the problem with heat after days you kinda lose perspective, stuff starts breaking down and it looks too hard to fix, everything gets just a little too hard so nothing gets done :)

w.png
    243 x 171 - 17K
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:

The main meteorologist on the Fox 25 news (Boston station) is very accurate. And this is New England, where if you wait a minute the weather might change. He's better than the weather station. Maybe what you have there is just a "weather man", that is...a reporter, not a meteorologist. It's partly the technology, and partly knowing the area you live in.

I still think you should look into relocating. There might even be some kind of program that will help you, since your health is greatly impacted by the conditions of the area where you now live. I am sure I heard of someone getting some help like that some years ago. As it stands, you are in an impossible situation right now.

As for having a car, mine is paid for in full (for which I am extremely happy) and my friend helps me with maintenance. He's a mechanic and has worked at a few major dealers over the years. And having a Toyota Camry, there isn't much other than normal wear and tear that needs work. Things like breaks and exhaust system parts. He even does my oil changes lately. He does all this in his garage (house, not business) so yes, things can be done without going to the dealer. Of course, there are some things he can't do because he doesn't have a lift. But I do understand your situation. There are many in that place. Many people who live in Boston don't have cars...too expensive, no place to park (public parking is very expensive, and private parking spaces in Boston are like real estate, and I even saw one for sale...it cost almost as much as my house!), and the T is easy to get to from just about everywhere in the city.

Dana

edited December 1969

That doesn't make sense. :-S

Dana

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

I need a new over the counter brain, the old one fried yesterday :lol:

Maybe you should look into a prescription brain...they're stronger. :-P

Dana

This discussion has been closed.