The All you can Eat Sushi and Complaints Thread

Comments

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    ps1borg said:
    scorching day here, 114 in the shade by our old garden thermometer crikey :O

thats in the shady spot?! eeks

temps are always measured in the shade here, the old glass thermometers tend to break in direct sunlight dunno about the new fangled electronic ones :)

i think i'm empathy dehydrating.

like them mometers ones you stick in your ear? :lol:

imagining the Roos all being thirsty from the heat.

Everything that can get into shade will, is only day one here going to be much warmer at the end of this week :)

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

errrr idl totally bleached out the sky and sea >.<</p>

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 10,991
    edited December 1969

errrr idl totally bleached out the sky and sea >.<</div>

For me, IDL stands for "I don't like". :lol:
    edited December 1969

Got Gazer. I've been playing with him all day. Gave him Subsurface materials. An oldie but a goodie. Learning to pose him was hard, and no pose presets to be found.

Gazer_2.0_.jpg
    666 x 800 - 239K
    edited January 2014

sea scapes and pp12 isn't playing nice together. loading the pre island loads all kinds of crazy i never experienced before.

pfshoooo was a freeb :)

140113idl.jpg
    449 x 839 - 61K
    140113.jpg
    541 x 837 - 63K
    140113seascape.jpg
    850 x 850 - 221K
    140113seascape2.jpg
    832 x 832 - 129K
    Post edited by Mistara on
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    Got Gazer. I've been playing with him all day. Gave him Subsurface materials. An oldie but a goodie. Learning to pose him was hard, and no pose presets to be found.

looks like a d&d beholder :)

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,060
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

But is it a dry heat? Here in southeastern Massachusetts, if we had 114 in the early Spring, with our humidity, we'd all be wilting. Even 85 is tough to deal with. When I went to California, in late October/early November, a few years ago, it was 85 every day. But it didn't bother me much, because it was in the high desert and was quite dry. And I wasn't vacationing, I was working, preparing my father's place for sale after he passed. He had a little 1950's homesteader cabin in Twentynine Palms. A little cinderblock box. I'd be dropping dead if I were working that hard in that kind of building at that temperature, but here in our humidity.

Dana

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666
    edited December 1969

I tried something weird that almost worked
    I used XD4 on a saved Genesis cr2 to create a genesis that fit Krystal Starfox
    the ears did not work
    but the rest pretty close
    an obj export of it loaded in morph loader on Genesis
    after adjusting rigging to shape it can wear Krystals clothes natively and all Genesis clothes
    just wish I could do the UV's too

Yeah, too bad you couldn't transfer the ears. The ears are nice. For some reason I thought the ears were props attached to her hair. Maybe you can use some canine ears from another morph set like the creature head morphs for Genesis.

edited January 2014

DanaTA said:
    ps1borg said:

But is it a dry heat? Here in southeastern Massachusetts, if we had 114 in the early Spring, with our humidity, we'd all be wilting. Even 85 is tough to deal with. When I went to California, in late October/early November, a few years ago, it was 85 every day. But it didn't bother me much, because it was in the high desert and was quite dry. And I wasn't vacationing, I was working, preparing my father's place for sale after he passed. He had a little 1950's homesteader cabin in Twentynine Palms. A little cinderblock box. I'd be dropping dead if I were working that hard in that kind of building at that temperature, but here in our humidity.

Dana

Humidity was 20% when I looked this morning, 18% now. Monsoon weather without the rains.

w.png
    418 x 177 - 25K
    Post edited by ps1borg on
    edited December 1969

errrr idl totally bleached out the sky and sea >.<</div>

If you use IDL with a skydome you won't need extra diffuse lights, they just bleach out colors

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,667
    edited December 1969

got a quick thunderstorm here with much rain
    gone now

edited December 1969

got a quick thunderstorm here with much rain
    gone now

Rain at least :)

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    DanaTA said:
    ps1borg said:

Dana

Humidity was 20% when I looked this morning, 18% now. Monsoon weather without the rains.

Up here in New England, the humidity gets upward of 30% and even 50% and over, without rain. When it's hot, that's just unbearable. But, of course, we bear it...because that's just the way it is in New England. That's why I was really happy to get a house with central air conditioning when we bought this house. In our apartment we didn't even have a window mount air conditioner...the circuitry wouldn't handle it...another reason we were happy to get out of there.

Dana

edited December 1969

I'll be out of reach for a while, heading out with the local food van to activate a relief centre in the hills so the firies get fed , dont want anyone to worry cos the safest place to be right now is one surrounded by fire tankers but of course the media is having hysterics. If I see a camera Ill wave :lol:

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited January 2014

If you think the Gazer (D&D Beholder) is a PITA to pose try setting up a few scenes with Creatura for V4. You got 8 legs, each with a bagillion joints and the Body joints to deal with. GAZER is a breeze. By the way, not one POSE for Creatura either.

EDIT: PSI you stay safe and close to the WET if you can. Great to hear you pitching in.

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

rains today. iz someone doing a rain dance?

idl render still rendering. default =7 too high for 2 cores

toosday? only 6 days staycation left.

edited December 1969

Sun is shining here. Hello, Mr. Blue Sky. :)
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,586
    edited December 1969

I keep seeing ads for a site called Daz3d. It looks like a 3d artist site. Maybe I should go check it out.

edited December 1969

surrenders. throw in the towl. no likee waiting for idl renders.

edited December 1969

tjohn said:

Sun is shining here. Hello, Mr. Blue Sky. :)

nice day to walk your gazer? :)

edited December 1969

I keep seeing ads for a site called Daz3d. It looks like a 3d artist site. Maybe I should go check it out.

there are no roos at the site called Daz3d

edited December 1969

who is racer X? could it be speed's dad? or could he be atlantean? maybe he's a she?

untitled2.png
    211 x 300 - 133K
    untitled1.png
    300 x 171 - 90K
    edited January 2014

dawwww she rescued a buppy

buppy come home

rescue1_1368828743.jpg
    340 x 170 - 29K
    Post edited by Mistara on
  • RezcaRezca Posts: 3,386
    edited January 2014

meh, nevermind

Post edited by Rezca on
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    I'll be out of reach for a while, heading out with the local food van to activate a relief centre in the hills so the firies get fed , dont want anyone to worry cos the safest place to be right now is one surrounded by fire tankers but of course the media is having hysterics. If I see a camera Ill wave :lol:

What a noble thing to do! Be safe!

Dana

edited December 1969

is it still toosday?

ohhh the highs and lows of poserdom
    i activated the key next to visible to make the parameter dial
    i'm like yeah yeah yeah, work work work.
    but when the key is lit, can't toggle the eyes on the heirarchy editor

need tropical martini, >.< :)

edited December 1969

On way home, beyond tired. will swap body part for shower with a bit of lucky it wont come to that :)

edited January 2014

DanaTA said:
    ps1borg said:

Dana

Everybody here literally from the Prime Minister down turns out to help in fire season. I just volunteer for my church, food is what we do. my last turnout was for a busload of tourists stranded when their transport broke down, not the kind of story that interests the tv. The guys on the fire ground are the real heroes imo :)

gots to sleeps for a while nao :)

Post edited by ps1borg on
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    DanaTA said:
    ps1borg said:

Dana

Everybody here literally from the Prime Minister down turns out to help in fire season. I just volunteer for my church, food is what we do. my last turnout was for a busload of tourists stranded when their transport broke down, not the kind of story that interests the tv. The guys on the fire ground are the real heroes imo :)

gots to sleeps for a while nao :)

Yeah, well the news outlets often go for the wow factor. But to me, that is wow. The Boston Fox station I watch has nice stories often. They always try to do a nice story. They often cover stories just like that, in fact.

Time to go eat.

Dana

edited December 1969

dingos need luv too?

This discussion has been closed.