GenX2 and Genesis 2 AddOn released! [Commercial]

Comments

• Dimension3DDimension3D Posts: 464
    edited December 1969

Rogerbee: I haven't tested these particular teeth morphs (just those from Creature Creator), but the inner mouth of Genesis 1 and 2 is the same mesh, so teeth morphs in general transfer very well.

Taozen: The upgrade version of GenX has been removed from the store. Take it as an omen that GenX2 will hit the store soon!

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,724
    edited December 1969

Rogerbee: I haven't tested these particular teeth morphs (just those from Creature Creator), but the inner mouth of Genesis 1 and 2 is the same mesh, so teeth morphs in general transfer very well.

Taozen: The upgrade version of GenX has been removed from the store. Take it as an omen that GenX2 will hit the store soon!

OK. Will there be any upgrade option from Gen4?

edited December 1969

Taozen said:
    OK. Will there be any upgrade option from Gen4?

Probably not. The upgrade from Gen4 to the actual GenX has been sold more often than Gen4, so most owners of Gen4 should have upgraded. Those who didn't are rather unlikely to be interested in GenX2, if they were not in GenX for the last two years. Also, the upgrade was often purchased by mistake and returned, so it's better to discontinue this option.

Of course, the upgrade from GenX to GenX2 is available to both, owners of the full and the upgrade version of GenX. Just not for Gen4.

• RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 4,460
    edited January 2014

Oh good!

Now I really am looking forward to GenX2! Hordes of G2 undead could well be stalking these forums really soon! The only annoying thing is that, with the split M and F base figures, I can't use Smay's zombie textures on G2F unless I bake them to a UV she uses.

CHEERS!

EDIT:

Slosh made a set of presets whereby you can load different UV's for G2:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/33957/

With this I can give V6 an M4 UV, so, I can use Smay's textures! Now all I need are some morphs......

Post edited by Rogerbee on
  • DkgooseDkgoose Posts: 1,451
    edited December 1969

Awesome, can't wait, so we might see it before February, now I just need to buy the Gen 4 and Gen 5 shapes for the Genesis 2 characters, and hopefully the agen 3 Genesis morphs will transfer over.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,553
    edited December 1969

Outstanding!!

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
    edited December 1969

I have transferred a V4 character to Genesis which besides head and body shape also has an ear injection and 2 face options plus an eyelash option. My problem is the ears transferred with morph on, one face is on, and one face is 0, plus eyelashes are on ...which settings do I use to transfer all morphs off except for one face shape and the body shape? Plus the min and max values is -10 and +10 how do I set them to -1 and 1? thanks

Neridia_3.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 588K
    neridia_settings.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 602K
    Neridia_base_load.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 587K
    edited December 1969

All morphs are transferred initially off. However, if the limits are forced and don't allow 0 as value, the value is set to fit inside the limits initially.

To change the limits, you have two options:
    1. Use the transfer mode "Selected morphs (with properties)". This gives a properties dialog for each morph where you can set the limits. Or you can use "Selected morphs (with defaults)" to set the same limits for all transferred morphs.
    2. Edit the created DSF morph files and change the limits there.

edited December 1969

All morphs are transferred initially off. However, if the limits are forced and don't allow 0 as value, the value is set to fit inside the limits initially.

To change the limits, you have two options:
    1. Use the transfer mode "Selected morphs (with properties)". This gives a properties dialog for each morph where you can set the limits. Or you can use "Selected morphs (with defaults)" to set the same limits for all transferred morphs.
    2. Edit the created DSF morph files and change the limits there.

Sorry, where does this in red refer to? Thank you for the explanation of the rest. Looking forward to the new version :)

edited December 1969

When you look in the folder "/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/D3D Gen X/Victoria 4" in your DS content library, you will see one DSF file for each morph transferred by GenX. These files are in text format and can be edited in a text editor. The min/max limits are easy to recognize even if you don't know the file format.

The DSF files may be compressed. You can (de)compress them with my free Poser Compressor.

edited December 1969

thank you so much, the more I learn about GenX, the more I like it. Definitely one of my best investments!

• StrixowlStrixowl Posts: 301
    edited December 1969

I'm ready :) Where is it? :) :) :)

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,561
    edited December 1969

...with "On/Off" character morphs (like say Thorne's Tommi or JW's Tindra Thompson), I usually just set the parameters of the slider for the imported morph (clicking the little "gear" icon on the slider bar) to 0.0 min 1.0 max with an increment of .2 and default of 0, then save that as a support asset (morph asset). This way it acts like any "shape" slider so you can add as much or little as you want when mixing morphs.

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...with "On/Off" character morphs (like say Thorne's Tommi or JW's Tindra Thompson), I usually just set the parameters of the slider for the imported morph (clicking the little "gear" icon on the slider bar) to 0.0 min 1.0 max with an increment of .2 and default of 0, then save that as a support asset (morph asset). This way it acts like any "shape" slider so you can add as much or little as you want when mixing morphs.

Thanks for that tip Kyoto Kid, the other thing I have an issue with is when using Thorne/ Sarsa characters they have an eye fix morph? because the eyes will go all funky and that corrects them, I don't know if this is something I can transfer or just have to apply it afterwards just like textures.

edited December 1969

Strixowl: If nothing unforeseen happens, GenX2 should be ready end of the month.

Kyoto Kid: Right, also an option to correct this. The upcoming version will care about it and ensure that forced limits always allow 0 as value, so no morph will be on initially.

Kharma: If the corrections for the eye like translation and scaling are controlled by the morph dial, GenX transfers them, if you check "Transfer controlled transforms" in the options. If they are done directly in the pose, you can use the "Presets" tab in GenX and convert the pose into a preset for DS that sets these parameters. Check "Eye transforms" to include them in the preset.

• ScarletX1969ScarletX1969 Posts: 587
    edited December 1969

Here's a question and a statement....first the statement:

Great job on that GenX product. I am a very happy customer who bought your product when it was at Renderosity, then followed it over here to Daz3d. Those who feel they should get a "free" upgrade or update to the product when the version for Genesis 2 comes out have no idea what work it took to get it even to work with Genesis, let alone Genesis 2 Male and Female. I was able to moved several characters I created using Victoria 3 to Genesis and convert the morphs and it worked flawlessly.

I would have no problem buying the upgrade. For sure. Your product saved me time and money, something I don't think a lot of people get but if they had as much Gen 3 and Gen 4 stuff as I have, they would see what a godsend your products are. Keep up the good work.

Now the question, I'm on the fence about buying Slosh's Gen 4 and Gen 5 Legacy Shapes for Genesis 2 because I at first thought they did what your product do. But then, I remember that to use your product properly, we had to purchase the Gen 3 Iconic Shapes and Gen 4 Iconic Shapes for Genesis, import whatever Gen 3 or Gen 4 iconic shape to Genesis then use your product to convert pre-existing morphs for said original iconic shape to genesis and wah lah...custom Victoria 3 character on Genesis.

But again, I had to use your product along with the Iconic Shapes bundle, which I don't mind because of the money it saved me from buying new character morphs and the time it saved me from sculpting from scratch.

I did read in this thread about how you could possible extend GenX now with the clone morph option of Genesis to Genesis 2 (which I'm surprised no one else thought of this).

All that said, would I have to buy something like Slosh's product in order to use in concert with your new GenX 2 or will GenX 2 handled direct conversion without the intermediary. It seems like it could but at the same time, it also seems like you would need something to bridge the conversion like before. Both ways are acceptable to me, but I would like to be able to purchase Slosh's product at $30 right now before it too late, if I need it to use your new GenX 2 upgrade. Thanks again for all your hard work.

edited December 1969

Thanks for your kind statement. The upcoming upgrade has several new major features, not only full support of Genesis 2 with morph transfer in every possible direction, but also automated conversion of clone morphs, and improvements in morph transfer. So, I think most people will understand that the upgrade price will be very reasonable.

The new version of GenX does not require any additional products. Only the generation 3 add-ons will still require the legacy morphs, because they also contain the clone morphs. All clone morphs are converted to fully working morphs automatically.

About the new legacy morphs from Slosh, he was so kind to contact me and discuss the relationship between his morphs and the upcoming GenX for Genesis 2 with me. He also was so kind to provide the V4 and M4 morphs to me, so I could try how they work with GenX.

While you do not need these legacy morphs to use GenX with Genesis 2, it's obvious that hand-crafted morphs and joint adjustments look and work better than an automated transfer. In particular when transferring morphs from Victoria 4 or Michael 4 to Genesis 2, the legacy morphs from Slosh will be a good alternative as the base shape instead of transferring the V4/M4 legacy morphs from Genesis 1 to Genesis 2. To sum it up, they are not required, but they are an interisting addition and the V4/M4 morphs for Genesis 2 from Slosh are fully compatibel with V4/M4 morphs transferred to Genesis 2 by GenX.

• ScarletX1969ScarletX1969 Posts: 587
    edited December 1969

Thanks for your kind statement. The upcoming upgrade has several new major features, not only full support of Genesis 2 with morph transfer in every possible direction, but also automated conversion of clone morphs, and improvements in morph transfer. So, I think most people will understand that the upgrade price will be very reasonable.

The new version of GenX does not require any additional products. Only the generation 3 add-ons will still require the legacy morphs, because they also contain the clone morphs. All clone morphs are converted to fully working morphs automatically.

About the new legacy morphs from Slosh, he was so kind to contact me and discuss the relationship between his morphs and the upcoming GenX for Genesis 2 with me. He also was so kind to provide the V4 and M4 morphs to me, so I could try how they work with GenX.

While you do not need these legacy morphs to use GenX with Genesis 2, it's obvious that hand-crafted morphs and joint adjustments look and work better than an automated transfer. In particular when transferring morphs from Victoria 4 or Michael 4 to Genesis 2, the legacy morphs from Slosh will be a good alternative as the base shape instead of transferring the V4/M4 legacy morphs from Genesis 1 to Genesis 2. To sum it up, they are not required, but they are an interisting addition and the V4/M4 morphs for Genesis 2 from Slosh are fully compatibel with V4/M4 morphs transferred to Genesis 2 by GenX.

Thanks for the quick response. I will support both of you guys cause your products are just godsends. Thanks again.

• SloshSlosh Posts: 2,391
    edited December 1969

Dimension3D, forgive me if this has already been answered, but I got lost trying to read the entire thread. Will GenX2 transfer any and all morphs from Genesis, as in Michael 5, Aiko 5, David 5, etc.? Or will it only transfer M4/V4 morphs across the generations? I haven't read any mention of these other characters, and when we spoke you only wanted to see M4 and V4. That just got me wondering what is supported. (???) I know you said all clone morphs are converted to fully working morphs automatically, so I would assume that means any clones that the user has purchased for Genesis. If this is the case, would not they be able to use my Generation 5 Legacies to fill in the gaps on any clones they do not have already? I don't know if I asked that well... for example, if they don't own Aiko 5, but they have purchased Aiko 5 morph packs and textures that include morphs, then they would not be able to transfer the Aiko 5 morphs because they do not have the Aiko 5 clone. With Legacy sets, they get all shapes for that gender and generation, so essentially they would have the necessary Aiko 5 base to transfer morphs onto. Am I understanding that correctly?

edited December 1969

When you look in the folder "/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/D3D Gen X/Victoria 4" in your DS content library, you will see one DSF file for each morph transferred by GenX. These files are in text format and can be edited in a text editor. The min/max limits are easy to recognize even if you don't know the file format.

The DSF files may be compressed. You can (de)compress them with my free Poser Compressor.

You mention here about file compression. Each time I've saved a preset, be it shaping or material I've left the 'compress file' box ticked, should I have!? Is there a real detriment to doing this?

CHEERS!

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

Wish you would consider making a morph transfer between Genesis and Hivewire's Dawn for both DAZ Studio and Poser! That would come in handy!

edited December 1969

Kharma: If the corrections for the eye like translation and scaling are controlled by the morph dial, GenX transfers them, if you check "Transfer controlled transforms" in the options. If they are done directly in the pose, you can use the "Presets" tab in GenX and convert the pose into a preset for DS that sets these parameters. Check "Eye transforms" to include them in the preset.

One more question, (well I may have more :) ) When I click the transfer box which option should I be choosing as there are 4 to choose from and if I pick create single morph, will I still get separate controllers for head( there are 2 head inj) , body, eye fix, etc. I keep trying different combos of settings, the last one I tried I ended up with a ton of different controllers for every body part, but I don't remember which settings I chose. At work and don't have my laptop today. I also notice that when you shoose create single morph the save box pops up filled in and lets you choose a png file for your 91x91 icon, the one I chose yesterday that gave me all the morphs dials didnt have the option to pick a png icon,

edited December 1969

Slosh: GenX2 will transfer morphs from generation 4 figures (and generation 3 figures by add-ons) to Genesis, Genesis 2 Male, and Genesis 2 Female. In addition, it transfers morphs between all these versions of Genesis. Because GenX really transfers morphs (i.e. relative changes of the geometry), you always have to set the base shape of the source figure in the target figure to get the same shape. If you transfer Aiko 5 from Genesis to Genesis 2 Female, you morph Genesis 2 Female into Genesis shape and then use the transferred morph to get the Aiko 5 shape. Because Genesis 1 and 2 are very similar in shape, the clone shapes work very well as the base shape. For the generation 3 and 4 figures, the shapes are rather different, that's why the legacy shapes work better than the clone shapes and are recommended as base shape. But you can use GenX2 with the clone morphs only in any case. Because Aiko 4, Aiko 5, Michael 5, Michael 6 etc. are just morphs, there's no need for separate clones or base shapes for these figures.

Rogerbee: Compressing files saves a lot of disk space. And most tools will work with both uncompressed and compressed files. So, except for using a text editor, I don't see any drawback of compressing files. I have all Poser and DSON files compressed.

edited December 1969

RAMWolff: GenX requires clone shapes, i.e. a morph that puts Genesis or Genesis 2 into the shape of the source figure from which the morphs are transferred. So, if HiveWire 3D provides a Genesis clone of Dawn ...

BTW, Morphing Clothes already may transfer morphs from any Poser figure/prop to any other Poser figure/prop. But the result will be useful only, if the source and the target figure have a similar shape and size. This is because it really transfers the morph, and not the shape. And it transfers the morph based on near points in the source and target figure. And essentially, GenX is doing the same as Morphing Clothes, but with several figure specific information to improve the result.

Kharma: Have a look at the manual ;) . In short, "Selected morphs" will transfer each morph one by one. "Create single morph" merges everything into one morph based on the morph values. "Preset" and "Controller" are means to apply the morph values to separatedly transferred morphs. To get separate controllers, you have to use "Selected morphs".

edited December 1969

Rogerbee: Compressing files saves a lot of disk space. And most tools will work with both uncompressed and compressed files. So, except for using a text editor, I don't see any drawback of compressing files. I have all Poser and DSON files compressed.

Thanks,

Hopefully, there won't be too many I'd need to edit, but, if I need to I have your utility now.

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

RAMWolff: GenX requires clone shapes, i.e. a morph that puts Genesis or Genesis 2 into the shape of the source figure from which the morphs are transferred. So, if HiveWire 3D provides a Genesis clone of Dawn ...

Somehow I doubt either party involved would let that happen.

CHEERS!

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,312
    edited December 1969

Rogerbee said:

Somehow I doubt either party involved would let that happen.

CHEERS!

That's a very defeatist and negative opinion.

• StrixowlStrixowl Posts: 301
    edited December 1969

Dimension3d: Any news on release date yet ? :-)

• Mari-AnneMari-Anne Posts: 363
    edited December 1969

Strixowl - you stole my post. I was just about to ask the same. Last date I heard was "end of January".....

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,759
    edited December 1969

Mari-Anne said:
    Strixowl - you stole my post. I was just about to ask the same. Last date I heard was "end of January".....

Ditto! (And I've been hording a little stash of funds ever since.)