GenX2 and Genesis 2 AddOn released! [Commercial]

Comments

• siocsioc Posts: 299
    edited December 1969

that one is not bad http://takoyakida.webs.com/videos/GenX_Tut.htm

But he forgot to say your genesis has to be loaded after the transfer to have the new dial available.

there is of course the official : http://d3d.sesseler.de/store/dazscript/genx/GenX.pdf

and other if you look around ;)

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

sioc said:
    that one is not bad http://takoyakida.webs.com/videos/GenX_Tut.htm

But he forgot to say your genesis has to be loaded after the transfer to have the new dial available.

there is of course the official : http://d3d.sesseler.de/store/dazscript/genx/GenX.pdf

and other if you look around ;)

Thanks for the links

• riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,404
    edited December 1969

I've found this one to be really helpful: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2851334. The video linked to above just had me more confused.

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

riftwitch said:
    I've found this one to be really helpful: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2851334. The video linked to above just had me more confused.

Thanks Riftwitch....I need something really easy to follow.

• Dimension3DDimension3D Posts: 464
    edited December 1969

sioc said:
    @Dimension3D : any news *wink*

Sorry, I'm currently busy otherwise, so I can't give a release date yet.

• petraschoonoord@hotmail.com[email protected] Posts: 128
    edited December 1969

This sounds great, and I am very willing to pay for it because after all, its extra work for 3Dimension too :) *waiting impatiently for the new GenX to come out*

• ironcheeseironcheese Posts: 72
    edited December 1969

Add me in the list of people waiting for a GenX like product to pass V4/G1 morphs to G2!

Meanwhile, I won't buy any G2

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,745
    edited December 1969

sioc said:

How about a projected business quarter? ;)

edited December 1969

@Dimension3D : sorry to bother... but any news *wink*

• edited August 2013

sioc said:

Sounds promising (the release date part).

Post edited by charleshoover885_e228387f57 on
  • JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,246
    edited December 1969

Has someone got a link to the original Discussion thread for Gen X? Or a thread that showed up here after the site change-over? I'm pretty sure there was one.

I need to do another bunch of gen 4 conversions and I'm hitting the old problem of the transfer ignoring the selected morph. Or of transfering the head, but not the body when I want the full morph. I'm pretty sure that it's a simple dial spin, but I want to transfer it. If it *isn't* a simple dial spin I still want to transfer it.

I remember running into this before and there being an extra step required to get the full morph to transfer over, but I forget what the extra step was.

Some of the character morphs that are getting lost so far are the body shapes of some old Phoenix1966 characters, AprilYsh's Calais body morph, and the full morph of Red Viper's Far East Girl II. There are bound to be others as well as the project goes on.

edited December 1969

Thank you, that was it.

• JuliKJuliK Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hi :)
    Any news? :)

• edited December 1969

probably there wont be until daz releases some figures like michael kids etc

edited December 1969

@Dimension3D : any news ??

• Mr Gneiss GuyMr Gneiss Guy Posts: 462
    edited December 1969

probably there wont be until daz releases some figures like michael kids etc

Yeah, I would expect Genesis 2 Male at least would need to come out. Which seems to be close, since he showed up in the Bio Tank promos or whatever that package was called.

• JuliKJuliK Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

@Dimension3D : sorry to bother you ... but I really need / want this plugin ... like .. urgently. lol Now that G2M and M6 are released.... You have any idea about the release date of the new Genx?

• Mari-AnneMari-Anne Posts: 363
    edited December 1969

Alfinin said:
    @Dimension3D : sorry to bother you ... but I really need / want this plugin ... like .. urgently. lol Now that G2M and M6 are released.... You have any idea about the release date of the new Genx?

Ditto

• CathyMCathyM Posts: 261
    edited December 1969

I too am most anxious to hear news about this product :) I really love GenX and am not talented or brave enough to try doing all the fancy things some of the people here are doing to add morphs and what not to Genesis 2. I just would really love to have a GenX for Genesis 2 male and female that would allow me to bring in V4/M4 and Genesis 1 (V5/M5 etc. - not really worried about the monsters).

I think many of us have been waiting for more news on this since Genesis 2 female came out - please at least let us know if you are still planning on making this product :) -Sincerely, Cathy

• edited December 1969

WOO HOO! It was your GenX support that convinced me not to give up on Gen2! thank your work to make it work with the new figure!

Boojum the brown bunny

• swordkensiaswordkensia Posts: 348
    edited December 1969

Me too please..

I have a raft of M4 characters I want to transfer onto G2M / M6.

Cheers,

S.K.

• alkenalken Posts: 253
    edited December 1969

Waiting for this too...hope it comes soon.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,610
    edited December 1969

I am hoping this can be updated so I can use it hopefully soon!

• AdemnusAdemnus Posts: 744
    edited December 1969

Because Genesis 2 is a different mesh than Genesis 1, Genesis Generation X (GenX) can't be used with Genesis 2 at the moment. However, Genesis 2 includes a clone morph for Genesis 1, so it is possible to extend GenX for Genesis.

I can't give details or a release date this time, but I'm planning to add morph transfer from Genesis 1 to Genesis 2 and vice versa as well as direct transfer from generation 3 and generation 4 figures to Genesis 2.

bless you! Looking forward to this!

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,518
    edited December 1969

Because Genesis 2 is a different mesh than Genesis 1, Genesis Generation X (GenX) can't be used with Genesis 2 at the moment. However, Genesis 2 includes a clone morph for Genesis 1, so it is possible to extend GenX for Genesis.

I can't give details or a release date this time, but I'm planning to add morph transfer from Genesis 1 to Genesis 2 and vice versa as well as direct transfer from generation 3 and generation 4 figures to Genesis 2.

bless you! Looking forward to this!

Same here!!! it was my understanding that the male version of GF2 had to come out before it got updated, well here we go. PLEASE update it so I can transfer all my Genesis 1 characters to Genesis 2!

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,142
    edited December 1969

Yup, I'm in line waiting too!

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,517
    edited December 1969

...as, well here.

So will the current GenX add on plugins work with this?

• reelyorreelyor Posts: 235
    edited December 1969

Me, too, also, plus.

edited December 1969

I *suspect* that once the underlying plug-In manages to port Gen1 morphs to Gen2, it may not take whole new versions of the gen3 and 4 clones to port them to Gen2 as well. But it's certainly possible that D3D is having to start over from scratch and rebuild the whole structure from scratch with the new end target.

Of course there will undoubtedly still be people wanting to port gen3 and gen4 to Gen1. That's not likely to change. Even if the bulk of Studio users end up no longer using Gen1 as their default figure.

I've a question: Has anyone tried to see whether really *extreme* gen4 morphs -- like Sparky's anthropomorphic characters make the transition acceptably? I haven't really had the nerve to try.