[Released] Clothing Converter from Genesis 8 Female to Genesis 3 Female [Commercial]

Comments

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,362
    jedijudd said:

I have been trying to convert this outfit https://www.daz3d.com/dinosaur-queen-outfit-for-genesis-8-female-s, i try convert, force convert, and execute everytime it says "executed 0 clothing items converted" what am I doing wrong?

I don't have that item.  Can you post the DAZ log (not the log in the script) when you try and convert those items?

• jedijuddjedijudd Posts: 606

here is the log 

edited March 2019
    jedijudd said:

here is the log 

Ok, the last 40 or so lines were what I wanted.  The metadata reported this is not a clothing item:

Dinosaur Queen Skirt (Follower) is not a clothing item of Follower/Wardrobe,Follower/Accessory

This was AFTER loading it so it would have skipped it (did you do a Force Convert?).  You need to do what @carrie58 said

"...load each piece on G8 and resave as a "Support Asset-Figure/Prop " and see how it was saved originally ,Should be "Follower-Wardrobe-(whatever the piece is) ,and if it wasn't saved like that resave it like that"

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/4423266/#Comment_4423266

Post edited by RiverSoft Art on
    edited March 2019

Ok I did not get a chance to try that yet.

Edit just tried that and same thing nothing got saved

Post edited by jedijudd on

Thanks carrie58, and Riversoft art I have gotten most of the outfit to convert here on Rune7

Prehistoric Warrior.jpg
    989 x 881 - 604K
  • carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951

@jedijudd  my pleasure glad I could help smiley

jedijudd said:

Thanks carrie58, and Riversoft art I have gotten most of the outfit to convert here on Rune7

The outfit looks really good.  I don't see any obvious conversion problems.

Thanks again to my support person @carrie58laugh

• I just picked up "Clothing Converter from Genesis 8 Female to Genesis 3 Female" and was trying to convert "dForce Kimono Outfit for Genesis 8 Female(s)". It seems that I have to use "Force Convert Item" to get it to convert. But the results don't fit correctly (see attached).  Any tips to get it to convert so that it fits correctly?

SS01.jpg
    433 x 434 - 42K

I just picked up "Clothing Converter from Genesis 8 Female to Genesis 3 Female" and was trying to convert "dForce Kimono Outfit for Genesis 8 Female(s)". It seems that I have to use "Force Convert Item" to get it to convert. But the results don't fit correctly (see attached).  Any tips to get it to convert so that it fits correctly?

The smoothing modifier can help.  You can also turn OFF the "Use Foot Dialog" and "Use Foot Pose" options and then do Force Convert Footwear.  Doing those 3 things makes the script use a different conversion path which tends to push clothing items down a little.

• I just picked up "Clothing Converter from Genesis 8 Female to Genesis 3 Female" and was trying to convert "dForce Kimono Outfit for Genesis 8 Female(s)". It seems that I have to use "Force Convert Item" to get it to convert. But the results don't fit correctly (see attached).  Any tips to get it to convert so that it fits correctly?

The smoothing modifier can help.  You can also turn OFF the "Use Foot Dialog" and "Use Foot Pose" options and then do Force Convert Footwear.  Doing those 3 things makes the script use a different conversion path which tends to push clothing items down a little.

Thank you for the advice.  It's a little better, but it still doesn't fit correctly.  Can anything else be done to improve the fit?

SS02.jpg
    435 x 432 - 40K

I just picked up "Clothing Converter from Genesis 8 Female to Genesis 3 Female" and was trying to convert "dForce Kimono Outfit for Genesis 8 Female(s)". It seems that I have to use "Force Convert Item" to get it to convert. But the results don't fit correctly (see attached).  Any tips to get it to convert so that it fits correctly?

Thank you for the advice.  It's a little better, but it still doesn't fit correctly.  Can anything else be done to improve the fit?

At this point you need to use the smoothing modifier and other corrections mentioned in the manual.

At this point you need to use the smoothing modifier and other corrections mentioned in the manual.

Thanks for your patience and help. In my last example, I had set the "Smoothing Iterations" at 200 and it didn't seem to make it fit any better. But then I noticed that the "enable smoothing" option was "off" once I turned it on a  "Smoothing Iterations" of only 3 fixed the problem.  This product is so cool and all my other Genesis 8 clothing converted without any problems. ;)

Thanks for your patience and help. In my last example, I had set the "Smoothing Iterations" at 200 and it didn't seem to make it fit any better. But then I noticed that the "enable smoothing" option was "off" once I turned it on a  "Smoothing Iterations" of only 3 fixed the problem.  This product is so cool and all my other Genesis 8 clothing converted without any problems. ;)

You're welcome.  You will rarely need smoothing more than 10 (in fact, a lot of times, more iterations make it worse).

• Lx75Lx75 Posts: 25

Hi there,

anyone still here?

I just purchased the clothing converter G8F to G3F and I cannot make it work.

I use 4.12. All I see is an exclamation mark. Clicking the icon creates an error message. An error occurred while reading......

I uninstalled it and reinstalled. Same thing.

I´am disappointed here. Too many products do not work with 4.12.

By the way..I just tested it on 4.11 and it´s the same error.

Is it on my side? Someone to help me????

• Serious7 said:

Hi there,

anyone still here?

I use 4.12. All I see is an exclamation mark. Clicking the icon creates an error message. An error occurred while reading......

I uninstalled it and reinstalled. Same thing.

I´am disappointed here. Too many products do not work with 4.12.

By the way..I just tested it on 4.11 and it´s the same error.

Is it on my side? Someone to help me????

I answered on the Look At Me thread.  It looks like you have a configuration problem.  Let's work with that product, which is simpler, first.

• A few clothing items I'm trying to convert are not working because the log says the "Preset loaded multiple objects." These are single items of clothing, not outfit presets, but I think the issue is that these clothing items have buttons that are separate figures parented to a follower on the clothing. The ones I'm trying to convert right now are from OOT Formal MEGA Wardrobe, the "Blazer" and the "Blouse". Is there a way around this? I've tried force converting, but it still aborts because of loading multiple objects.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

• A few clothing items I'm trying to convert are not working because the log says the "Preset loaded multiple objects." These are single items of clothing, not outfit presets, but I think the issue is that these clothing items have buttons that are separate figures parented to a follower on the clothing. The ones I'm trying to convert right now are from OOT Formal MEGA Wardrobe, the "Blazer" and the "Blouse". Is there a way around this? I've tried force converting, but it still aborts because of loading multiple objects.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Yes, you understand the problem perfectly.  If you try and save them separately, convert them, and then make a wearable preset, that should work (though I personally haven't tried it).

• Thank you for your quick reply, I'll try that when I get a chance.

Yes, you understand the problem perfectly.  If you try and save them separately, convert them, and then make a wearable preset, that should work (though I personally haven't tried it).

• Thank you for your quick reply, I'll try that when I get a chance.

You're welcome!  Please let us know what happens.

• I'm having some issues converting the Valerya outfit from G8 to G3 using this script. Metadata is intact, all items selected in the Files window show up as Follower/Wardrobe or Follower/Accessory, and the Check Content box is unchecked. I've included the logs if that's of any use!

Not really sure how to proceed from here. This script's run just fine for me in the past. I'm not sure if it's the assets I'm trying to convert, or something else I might be doing wrong. Any advice?

g8-to-g3help1.png
    1225 x 1017 - 253K
    g8-to-g3help2.png
    1223 x 1019 - 277K
    g8-to-g3help3.png
    1231 x 1162 - 531K
  • jhamre01 said:

I'm having some issues converting the Valerya outfit from G8 to G3 using this script. Metadata is intact, all items selected in the Files window show up as Follower/Wardrobe or Follower/Accessory, and the Check Content box is unchecked. I've included the logs if that's of any use!

Not really sure how to proceed from here. This script's run just fine for me in the past. I'm not sure if it's the assets I'm trying to convert, or something else I might be doing wrong. Any advice?

I am very sorry @jhamre01.  I just noticed this post.  What you need to do is select the item and then click "Force Convert"

• So, I'm not sure if this is supposed to work.  I started with the V4 Night Watcher outfit from Rendo, then upconverted it to G8F (where it worked fine), then used this to bring it back to G3F.  But then the arms shriveled up and got weird.

• So, I'm not sure if this is supposed to work.  I started with the V4 Night Watcher outfit from Rendo, then upconverted it to G8F (where it worked fine), then used this to bring it back to G3F.  But then the arms shriveled up and got weird.

I actually never try to convert a conversion.  I would expect weird behavior, which it sounds like you are seeing.

• Darn.  My plan ever since you started all these was to take everything to 8, then back down to 3.  Guess I'll just have to take all my gen 3 figures up to gen 8.

• OdaaOdaa Posts: 1,548

Darn.  My plan ever since you started all these was to take everything to 8, then back down to 3.  Guess I'll just have to take all my gen 3 figures up to gen 8.

If you're trying to get older clothing onto G3, a better bet is the Wear Them All autofit addons by Cayman, in this store. The cape from Night Watcher would be iffy, but I would expect Wear Them All to be more or less okay with the rest of the outfit.

• That just gives more autofit options though, and autofit still loses bones in the process.

• Darn.  My plan ever since you started all these was to take everything to 8, then back down to 3.  Guess I'll just have to take all my gen 3 figures up to gen 8.

There is a M4/V4 to G3 clothing converter we just released.

• I saw it, was just trying to save some money by not getting a full set of X-to-G3F to go with my set of X-to-G8F.

Any chance of making a bundle of all of these? (Not that it'll help me now, but...)

• I saw it, was just trying to save some money by not getting a full set of X-to-G3F to go with my set of X-to-G8F.

Any chance of making a bundle of all of these? (Not that it'll help me now, but...)

Unfortunately not.  Unless it is for a very special reason, Daz only allows bundles on release of products, and it needs to be 3 products.

• kgrosserkgrosser Posts: 141
    edited February 2020
    Serious7 said:

I answered on the Look At Me thread.  It looks like you have a configuration problem.  Let's work with that product, which is simpler, first.

Hello, same problem her (yet, I KNOW I had it working the last time and the other5 converters work - its just the clothing G8 to G3 which bugs me)
    Anyway, if you have a fix, can you please link towards the thread in mentio? The forum search function is not really soemthing that helps. Also, I gather the instructions work also for people not having that particular product, and, why would it be simpler if the steps were the same?

BTW. I just installed manually as a second package through "Content package Assist" and that worked fine. Loolink closer, I now have 2 products - the original with space between "Genesis" and "3"/"8" (borked) and the new one without (working). Give mne butter and salt for my broom, but I coul imagine it's caused by path length limitation on Windows.

Post edited by kgrosser on