GENERAL FREEBIE REQUESTS Part 2

Comments

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited January 2014

mjc1016 said:
    How about this...and how soon do you need them?

Also, which program would they be used in?

I can either to that as a morph to the existing shoes or make it a new item/derivative work...and yes, distribution of either is allowed per the ReadMe file...

You can create original textures, transparencies, bump maps, morphs
    etcetera for it and distribute them as you like, free or for sale.

(I'd appreciate a copy; but it isn't compulsory.)

You can modify the included items, and distribute the derivative versions
    provided that:
    1) The derivative versions remain free.
    2) Proper credit is given to the creator, with a link to the original.
    3) The right to distribute free derivatives is passed on to others.

(I'd like to see your work; but it isn't compulsory.)

That's closer, but still not quite there. The soles need to be thicker(figure about one full inch thick), and a throat line seam (very different from the one on the Yacht shoes) should separate the quarter and tongue from the toe and vamp (which is a single unit) of the shoe, as seen in the attached image. The laces should be thicker too. This is another real good shot of a Plimsoll shoe as well.

As for how soon I need them, I'm not in too great a hurry, but I would like to find some relatively soon so that Tommie has something to wear besides work boots.

is anyone working on this? if so I could use a pair, and if not I could try and make them.
    I think we were kitbashing and retexturing existing models (none of which came out quite right), except for mjc1016.

But feel free to take a swing at it as well...

Post edited by robkelk on
  • Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,401
    edited December 1969

mjc1016 said:
    How about this...and how soon do you need them?

Also, which program would they be used in?

I can either to that as a morph to the existing shoes or make it a new item/derivative work...and yes, distribution of either is allowed per the ReadMe file...

You can create original textures, transparencies, bump maps, morphs
    etcetera for it and distribute them as you like, free or for sale.

(I'd appreciate a copy; but it isn't compulsory.)

You can modify the included items, and distribute the derivative versions
    provided that:
    1) The derivative versions remain free.
    2) Proper credit is given to the creator, with a link to the original.
    3) The right to distribute free derivatives is passed on to others.

(I'd like to see your work; but it isn't compulsory.)

That's closer, but still not quite there. The soles need to be thicker(figure about one full inch thick), and a throat line seam (very different from the one on the Yacht shoes) should separate the quarter and tongue from the toe and vamp (which is a single unit) of the shoe, as seen in the attached image. The laces should be thicker too. This is another real good shot of a Plimsoll shoe as well.

As for how soon I need them, I'm not in too great a hurry, but I would like to find some relatively soon so that Tommie has something to wear besides work boots.

is anyone working on this? if so I could use a pair, and if not I could try and make them.By all means, please see what you can come up with. I've already provided the reference.

• marymary Posts: 70
    edited December 1969

Dollygirl said:
    maxi90 said:
    can i have a recency princess dress in more then one color if you can thanks

Maxi you will need to tell us more of what you want. Who would this dress be for and what style would you be looking for. So please provide more details of what you are looking for. Ok. it's for growing up for genesis 2 female(s) young teen and i'm still looking for the pics.

• StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167
    edited January 2014

By all means, please see what you can come up with. I've already provided the reference.

Still a long ways off, these are NOT ready and here's what I need to do:
    • UV Map these

• Export a foot from V4 since I need to fit V4 and I clean installed an updated OS, reinstalled everything from DIM and cant find her in my runtime at the moment and use that foot for a reference which means this mesh has got to be refitted.

• Learn to convert to CR2 or they might as well be made out of wood (any takers?)

• Check for closed normals, bad normals and abnormal normals.

• Get the poly count down to a respectable level, I don't even think PIXAR goes where I dare and it's because I don't know what the &*@# I'm doing

• Use the reference image more often and less "eyeballing" everything.

• Stick with open toed stuff going forward, these were a learning experience!

Screen_Shot_2014-01-10_at_10.53_.31_AM_.png
    983 x 663 - 247K
    Post edited by StratDragon on
  • DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,645
    edited December 1969

maxi90 said:
    Dollygirl said:
    maxi90 said:

Maxi you will need to tell us more of what you want. Who would this dress be for and what style would you be looking for. So please provide more details of what you are looking for.

Ok. it's for growing up for genesis 2 female(s) young teen and i'm still looking for the pics.

Maxi, I made an assumption that you are wanting period clothing from around 1800 to 1820 or so. You have inspired me to pull out my G2F and growing up morphs and take them for a spin. Below is a piece that I am working on. I have also listed the freebies that I used to dress my G2F.

I am also going to make the assumption based upon how many posts you have made that you might not know some things about DAZ that you can do if you don't have a preset that you want to use for a piece of clothing. Please forgive me is this is not true and accept my humble apologies.

There are two ways that an object can have color applied to it. The first way is by creating a UV coordinate map and then creating a texture image with the color information contained within it. These are the files that look like clothing patterns laid out on a piece of cloth. You see areas for the sleeves, bodice, skirt, and such. Your original request is for just such a thing.
    The second way to color an object is to apply shaders (DAZ terminology) or materials (Poser terminology). What they do is color a specific area on your object. You can see the assigned areas by clicking on the object in the scene tab and then going to the surface tab. You will see a list of areas, by selecting the area of interest and having the object selected in the scene tab you can apply a shader. In my list of freebies I have given you two shaders. The first one I used on G2F's feet to make it look like she has socks on and the second one that I used on the bonnet and the fascinator to help match them to the dress.

So how to use the dress which was designed over the genesis body and not the G2F body. First bring your G2F character into the scene and having the G2F selected in the scene click on the dress icon. A dialog box will come up asking what the dress was originally designed for so you want to select genesis and then the type is a basic dress. Click ok and you are done. Wilmap's dress has an overdress that has a small train to it so there is your princess dress. With using shaders you can make you princess dress take on lace or fur or satin or even chain mail.

Hope this helps.

Pointy Toe Flat for Aiko 3 and Genesis 2 Female by amy_aimei.
    Genesis Regency Style Dresses Part 3 by Wilmap.
    Genesis Regency Style Dresses Part 2 by Wilmap.
    Genesis Regency Style Dresses Part 1 by Wilmap.
    Genesis Regency Style Bonnets Part 1 by Wilmap.
    Genesis Regency Style Bonnets Part 2 by Wilmap.
    Facinator for Wilmap's Regency Style Bonnet
    Exalted Magical Materials Shaders - Updated by DaWaterRat.
    KerWar Fancies 01 by sazzyazzca.

sharecg requires that you register but it is free.

Themeeting.jpg
    1000 x 1647 - 480K
    edited December 1969

StratDragon and MJ what nice shoes! It is always nice to get everyday things for the V4. Thank you in advance. Ready to scoop them up when they are done.

So StratDragon are you looking for someone to rig the shoes in Poser? or are you looking for someone to create pp2 files? pp2 files are what are used to bring in obj in a certain position and size so that they can be easily parented to the appropriate location on the body. If you want pp2 files then I can help you with that but I don't know how to work the tools in Poser to make the shoes conforming (ie rigged) I guess I could learn though would have to find some tutorials. I have Poser Pro 2010.

edited December 1969

By all means, please see what you can come up with. I've already provided the reference.

• UV Map these

• Export a foot from V4 since I need to fit V4 and I clean installed an updated OS, reinstalled everything from DIM and cant find her in my runtime at the moment and use that foot for a reference which means this mesh has got to be refitted.

• Learn to convert to CR2 or they might as well be made out of wood (any takers?)

• Get the poly count down to a respectable level, I don't even think PIXAR goes where I dare and it's because I don't know what the &*@# I'm doing

From a geometry standpoint, they look good. The needed Throat Line seams can be added with bump maps Though it does need the bow for tied laces. The way the shoes are laced up in the reference photos is for store display, not for wear, and thus, the ends of the laces are tucked inside the shoe in them. The only change I'd suggest to the mesh would be re-lacing the shoes in the standard "cross-over" pattern tied in a bow.

• StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167
    edited January 2014

• UV Map these

From a geometry standpoint, they look good. The needed Throat Line seams can be added with bump maps Though it does need the bow for tied laces. The way the shoes are laced up in the reference photos is for store display, not for wear, and thus, the ends of the laces are tucked inside the shoe in them. The only change I'd suggest to the mesh would be re-lacing the shoes in the standard "cross-over" pattern tied in a bow.

Interesting, I have seen them worn like the way I modeled them but only when worn by women. These are still in the experimental stage.

Post edited by StratDragon on
    edited December 1969

Anyone know where I can find a "toy" Ram and Rooster in the same (or at least similar) style as these? I need them ASAP.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Dang...not enough years on that page. (Took me a minute or so to figure it out...)

Let's put it this way...if anyone would know where they may be I'd say it would be robkelk

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

mjc1016 said:
    Dang...not enough years on that page. (Took me a minute or so to figure it out...)

Let's put it this way...if anyone would know where they may be I'd say it would be robkelk

Alas, I don't know where to find any of the other Chinese calendar animals in that style - it's rather distinctive.
    edited December 1969

That's what I was afraid of...because my search-fu is usually pretty good, but when it comes to that kind of stuff, you usually win the prize...I've bookmarked and visit often places that you've dug up and like what I find...although I probably need my sister-in-law to read them, instead of trusting Google to handle the translation job (yeah, she's Japanese...as in that's even where they are living).

edited December 1969

robkelk said:
    mjc1016 said:

Alas, I don't know where to find any of the other Chinese calendar animals in that style - it's rather distinctive.Yeah, these are the Japanese incarnation of said Zodiak (the Japanese use the same Zodiak, replacing the Goat with a Ram, They're interchangeable). Thankfully, Mochi has a monkey too, albeit not quite in that style. I need a toy Ram and Rooster to complete the set.
  • TjebTjeb Posts: 507
    edited December 1969

Sorry, screwed up the rooster.

Rooster.jpg
    700 x 700 - 40K
  • BlazeMystEraBlazeMystEra Posts: 464
    edited December 1969

I hope I'm posting this to the correct topic...

In an old render I have used a party freebie with confetti, airstreamers, ballons and a fireprop, I'm not sure if the balloons were part of the same Item... but Im rather sure it was a freebie just as the fire prop was if I remember correctly. I was trying to redo the render, but now I'm missing the stuff in my runtime and I can't find it in my backups either... so... my question is: does anyone here know where those items are from?

gioia_punk_fo.png
    768 x 1024 - 1M
    edited December 1969

tjeb said:
    Sorry, screwed up the rooster.
    That looks pretty good so far. Could use some rounded edges and some work on the beak, but it's coming along nicely.
    edited January 2014

Dollygirl said:
    maxi90 said:
    Dollygirl said:
    maxi90 said:

Maxi you will need to tell us more of what you want. Who would this dress be for and what style would you be looking for. So please provide more details of what you are looking for.

Ok. it's for growing up for genesis 2 female(s) young teen and i'm still looking for the pics.

Maxi, I made an assumption that you are wanting period clothing from around 1800 to 1820 or so. You have inspired me to pull out my G2F and growing up morphs and take them for a spin. Below is a piece that I am working on. I have also listed the freebies that I used to dress my G2F.

I am also going to make the assumption based upon how many posts you have made that you might not know some things about DAZ that you can do if you don't have a preset that you want to use for a piece of clothing. Please forgive me is this is not true and accept my humble apologies.

There are two ways that an object can have color applied to it. The first way is by creating a UV coordinate map and then creating a texture image with the color information contained within it. These are the files that look like clothing patterns laid out on a piece of cloth. You see areas for the sleeves, bodice, skirt, and such. Your original request is for just such a thing.
    The second way to color an object is to apply shaders (DAZ terminology) or materials (Poser terminology). What they do is color a specific area on your object. You can see the assigned areas by clicking on the object in the scene tab and then going to the surface tab. You will see a list of areas, by selecting the area of interest and having the object selected in the scene tab you can apply a shader. In my list of freebies I have given you two shaders. The first one I used on G2F's feet to make it look like she has socks on and the second one that I used on the bonnet and the fascinator to help match them to the dress.

So how to use the dress which was designed over the genesis body and not the G2F body. First bring your G2F character into the scene and having the G2F selected in the scene click on the dress icon. A dialog box will come up asking what the dress was originally designed for so you want to select genesis and then the type is a basic dress. Click ok and you are done. Wilmap's dress has an overdress that has a small train to it so there is your princess dress. With using shaders you can make you princess dress take on lace or fur or satin or even chain mail.

Hope this helps.

Pointy Toe Flat for Aiko 3 and Genesis 2 Female by amy_aimei.
    Genesis Regency Style Dresses Part 3 by Wilmap.
    Genesis Regency Style Dresses Part 2 by Wilmap.
    Genesis Regency Style Dresses Part 1 by Wilmap.
    Genesis Regency Style Bonnets Part 1 by Wilmap.
    Genesis Regency Style Bonnets Part 2 by Wilmap.
    Facinator for Wilmap's Regency Style Bonnet
    Exalted Magical Materials Shaders - Updated by DaWaterRat.
    KerWar Fancies 01 by sazzyazzca.

sharecg requires that you register but it is free.
    your a star, thanks and sorry about this but is there an elizabeth of york morph thanks again (i'm doing two different story's at once)

Post edited by mary on
    edited December 1969

I hope I'm posting this to the correct topic...

In an old render I have used a party freebie with confetti, airstreamers, ballons and a fireprop, I'm not sure if the balloons were part of the same Item... but Im rather sure it was a freebie just as the fire prop was if I remember correctly. I was trying to redo the render, but now I'm missing the stuff in my runtime and I can't find it in my backups either... so... my question is: does anyone here know where those items are from?

I think that these are the pieces you are looking for:

Link
    Hell Fire by mostdigitalcreations.
    Free Foil Balloon Prop by mostdigitalcreations.
    Free Balloon Prop and Pose for V4 by mostdigitalcreations.
    Paper Streamer by Digital Lion. Was a Rendo Christmas gift 2010 file name is DL_PaperStreamer_42579.zip I downloaded it on 12/20/10. In 2011 DL gave away Confetti and the North Pole Stack.

edited December 1969

maxi90 said:
    your a star, thanks

Your welcome maxi glad to help. I did notice that when I saved the scene with this dress fitted to G2F and the age morph applied that the dress blows up. Polygons get all distorted and the dress is a mess. This may be a bug in DAZ or I may just have a bug. So be warned if this happens then if you want you can PM me and I can help you figure out how to at least get the scene saved. I am trying to find the bug site to see if there is anything reported but as of yet I have not found the url. I know it is in the forum somewhere just haven't looked very hard for it.

edited December 1969

maxi90 said:
    and sorry about this but is there an elizabeth of york morph thanks again (i'm doing two different story's at once)

If you are asking me, I don't have any. You are talking about the real Elizabeth of York correct? or are you talking about an actress that played the character?

edited December 1969

@Tramp Graphics
    It's still rubbish, but I did this to learn something in Blender.
    Don't know how to do round edges thouigh...

JapanToy.jpg
    720 x 720 - 56K
    edited December 1969

the real elizabeth of york

edited December 1969

maxi90 said:
    the real elizabeth of york

Then I have never seen one. maybe someone else can help you.

edited December 1969

oh dear.......you were my only hope.....damn

edited December 1969

tjeb said:
    @Tramp Graphics

I'm betting you've got them at a pretty low poly count, right?

Well, the easiest way, add a subdivision modifier. Crank it to 2 or 3 (both view and render).

Here's a screenie of what a simple cube looks like with varying levels of the subdivision modifier.

024.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 172K
    edited December 1969

is ok to change my mind and ask for freya mavor then?

edited December 1969

tjeb said:
    @Tramp Graphics
    I'm not a Blender user, though I do have the program (haven't figured out how to create or manipulate anything in there for the life of me). I'm a Hexagon user. Regardless of the program, though, there should be a "Smoothing"/Subdivision option. That will round all of the edges. I presume that's how you got the roundness of the ram's horns and the second rooster's crest. The wattle could be thinner, too. I definitely liked the markings on the first one.
    edited December 1969

maxi90 said:
    is ok to change my mind and ask for freya mavor then?

you might try looking for the artist Mihrelle over at Renderosity. Can't provide you will a link but if you google you should be able to find her. These are paid. I know of no free start morphs. They come and go so fast.
  • BlazeMystEraBlazeMystEra Posts: 464
    edited December 1969

Dollygirl said:
    I think that these are the pieces you are looking for:

Link
    Hell Fire by mostdigitalcreations.
    Free Foil Balloon Prop by mostdigitalcreations.
    Free Balloon Prop and Pose for V4 by mostdigitalcreations.
    Paper Streamer by Digital Lion. Was a Rendo Christmas gift 2010 file name is DL_PaperStreamer_42579.zip I downloaded it on 12/20/10. In 2011 DL gave away Confetti and the North Pole Stack.

Awesome! Thank you Dollygirl!

edited December 1969

I tried a lot of things:
    - subdivide Surface
    - Bevel
    - Remesh

I still don't see how to smooth the edges of the rooster.

Rooster03.jpg
    700 x 560 - 51K
This discussion has been closed.