Updated Genesis & Genesis 2 Products List & Thing To Be Aware Of

Comments

• Jay_NOLAJay_NOLA Posts: 1,145
    edited December 1969

Thanks Mike & Kerya.

all of those have been added.

I also added.

Ken for Hiro 5 (DIM) (Genesis) (DSON) (Note: DIM files updated on 1-10-2013)

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,808
    edited January 2014

New to Store 2014-01-02:

Princess Ballgown (Genesis)

Lazy Sunday, Lazy Sunday Textures (Genesis)

Prisoner (Genesis)

Sultry Halter Dress, Sultry Halter Dress Textures (Genesis)

Ken for Hiro 5 is a return to the store, by the by. He was in the Black November 2012 bundles, disappeared from the store when the bundles were pulled, and wasn't seen again for 13 months. I have him in DIM with the same package date as above, but an order date of 11/22/2012. It does explain why his package date is nearly a year ago; I wonder what the post-November update was, since I never heard about it until now.

Post edited by vwrangler on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Kerya said:

I still don't use DIM for things I want to install (because I have a habit of installing some and not others and I don't know how to split those for DIM - I wished DIM had two download folders) - so I am grateful for this thread.

What I do is move the zips to my archive folders after installing them, leaving only the ones that haven't been installed. Although if you install with DIM it shows which ones have been installed and which haven't.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

I tried installing with DIM once. Once was enough - I don't use Smartcontent and the foldernames are tooooo often simply not the name of the product in the store.
    So, if I only download with DIM and move the zips, it forgets it has downloaded them and offers them as downloads again.
    sigh

edited December 1969

Updated: Michael 4 for Genesis 2 Male (DIM package date 12/27/2013, but didn't appear in DIM until January 1, 2014)

Kerya said:
    I tried installing with DIM once. Once was enough - I don't use Smartcontent and the foldernames are tooooo often simply not the name of the product in the store.
    So, if I only download with DIM and move the zips, it forgets it has downloaded them and offers them as downloads again.
    sigh

I don't use Smart Content either, but I do use DIM. What I do is to let DIM install to Public Documents\My Daz3d Library (where I keep absolutely nothing at all), go in and tinker and rename to my heart's content, then move to the active directory. DIM remembers that something has been downloaded and installed, and doesn't offer it to me again, and I get things rearranged the way I want.

I do, just for the heck of it, do database maintenance once every couple weeks or so, cleaning out orphaned items and directories and scanning for new files. I figure that way, the database will be current-ish if I ever need it for anything. And, if nothing else, the CMS affects or controls Autofit, Transfer Utility and Fit To, as well as Smart Content, so it's good to let things be somewhere near what they're supposed to be.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Kerya said:

When DIM grabs a zip, it also pulls down a manifest file that tells DIM when it last downloaded that zip. If you move the zip and leave the manifest (I think they're all in the same folder), DIM thinks the zip is still there. Oh, and for this to work, "delete after install" should be turned off.

At least, that's how it worked a few months ago, there have been a couple of DIM versions since then. Anyone know if this trick is still do-able?

edited December 1969

Thanks vwrangle,

I got that updated.

I also added to these to the list.

Advanced Texture for Bot Armor (DIM) (Genesis 2 Females) (DSON) (Notes: DIM files updated: 12-16-2013 DSON Core / 12-9-2013 CF.)
    Genesis 2 Female Bot Armor (DIM) (Genesis 2 Females) (DSON) (Notes: DIM files updated: 12-16-2013 DSON Core / 12-8-2013 CF.)
    Genesis 2 Female Bot Armor Bundle (See separate entries for each product in the bundle.)
    Genesis 2 Female Bot Armor Set 2 (DIM) (Genesis 2 Females) (DSON) (Notes: DIM files updated: 12-16-2013 DSON Core / 12-8-2013 CF.)

Anyone, have the file dates for these that got mentioned? I add them once I know the the file dates for them.

Princess Ballgown (Genesis)
    Lazy Sunday, Lazy Sunday Textures (Genesis)
    Prisoner (Genesis)
    Sultry Halter Dress, Sultry Halter Dress Textures (Genesis)

edited December 1969

Kerya said:

When DIM grabs a zip, it also pulls down a manifest file that tells DIM when it last downloaded that zip. If you move the zip and leave the manifest (I think they're all in the same folder), DIM thinks the zip is still there. Oh, and for this to work, "delete after install" should be turned off.

At least, that's how it worked a few months ago, there have been a couple of DIM versions since then. Anyone know if this trick is still do-able?

I tried that - but if I move the zip, even whent the manifest is there, DIM wants to download again ... sigh
    It would be perfect ...

edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    Kerya said:

I tried that - but if I move the zip, even whent the manifest is there, DIM wants to download again ... sigh
    It would be perfect ...

You could also have DIM install them to a dummy folder -- even if you then rearrange the files and move them, DIM treats it as installed and won't download again unless it is updated.

• Testing6790Testing6790 Posts: 1,091
    edited December 1969

Has anyone had a lot of clipping issues with the G2M clothing? Specifically the voyager clothing on default M6.

edited January 2014

Updated: People of Earth, Faces of Asia, Genesis 2 Male (Package date 1-3-2014; no update listed in the readme as yet, so no idea what was updated. The product doesn't seem to be in your list at all; release date was 12/13/2013.)

Jay_NOLA said:
    Thanks vwrangle,
    Anyone, have the file dates for these that got mentioned? I add them once I know the the file dates for them.

Princess Ballgown (Genesis) - Package date 10/4/2013
    Lazy Sunday - Package date 9/26/2013
    Lazy Sunday Textures (Genesis) - Package date 12/8/2012 [The textures came long before the product. Weird.]
    Prisoner (Genesis) - Package date 9/17/2013

Post edited by vwrangler on
  • MickyBeMickyBe Posts: 336
    edited December 1969

New:

Glider Hair (DIM) (Genesis 2 Females) (DSON)
    Nyx Outfit for Genesis 2 Female(s) (DIM) (Genesis 2 Females) (DSON)

edited December 1969

Thanks vwrangler & MickyBel,

all of those have been added.

• JGreenleesJGreenlees Posts: 2,249
    edited December 1969

14641 GISforGenesisMale

17241 GliderHair

Updated for Various issues,Fixes are available in the product readme.

NOTE: GIS was updated to .DUF to fix an issue where it was not fitting Michael 5 Heroic, the DSF files were removed, if you want the .DSF you should back the original file up.

Just letting you all know

edited December 1969

Updated:
    - Dea Araneum Hair (package date 1/3/2014)
    - Olympia 6 (package date 1/6/2014)
    - Jade Assassin (package date 1/3/2014)

New:
    - Your Move Poses for V6/M6 (package date 12/22/2013; in DIM 1/6/2014)

edited December 1969

Thanks Jen & vrangler,

all of those were updated and added.

I also updated these on the list.

Misfit for Genesis (DIM) (Genesis) (DSON) (Notes: DIM files updated last on 1-3-2014.)
    Misfit for Genesis Textures (DIM) (Genesis) (DSON) (Notes: DIM files updated last on 1-3-2014.)

edited December 1969

Updated:

Classic Pin-Up Sitting Poses for Victoria 6 (DIM) (Genesis 2 Females) (DSON) (Note: DIM Files Updated on 1-7-2014)
    Genesis Starter Essentials (DIM) (Genesis) (DSON) (Note: DIM Files Updated on 1-7-2014)

edited December 1969

Thanks MickyBel,

I updated those.

edited January 2014

New:

Generation 5 Legacy Shapes for Genesis 2 Female(s) (DIM) (Genesis 2 Females) (DSON)

Post edited by MickyBe on
    edited December 1969

Thanks MickBel,

I added that and some others.

These are the other items I also added.

Generation 4 Legacy Shapes for Genesis 2 Female(s) (DIM) (Genesis 2 Females) (DSON) (Notes: DIM files updated on 12-23-2013.)
    Generation 4 Legacy Shapes for Genesis 2 Male(s) (DIM) (Genesis 2 Males) (DSON) (Notes: DIM files updated on 12-23-2013.)
    Generation 5 Legacy Shapes for Genesis 2 Male(s) (DIM) (Genesis 2 Males) (DSON) (Notes: DIM files updated on 12-23-2013.)
    Genesis 2 Cross-Figure Resource Kit (DIM) (Genesis 2 Females/ Genesis 2 Males) (Notes: DIM files updated on 12-13-2013.)

edited December 1969

New:

ValenTina Hair for Genesis 2 Female(s) (DIM) (Genesis 2 Females) (DSON)

edited December 1969

Thanks MickyBel,

I got that added.

I also added some other items to the list.

Also Added:

Fairyland Queen (DIM) (Genesis) (DSON) (Notes: DIM files last updated on 10-7-2013.)
    Late Night Diner Poses for Genesis (DIM)(Genesis) (DSON) (Notes: DIM files last updated on 11-2-2013.)
    Ship Shark (DIM) (Genesis 2 Males / M4) (DSON) (Notes: DIM files updated: 12-12-2013. Vehicle with Genesis 2 Male and M4 poses.)
    SuperBeam (DIM) (Genesis) (Notes: DIM files last updated on 1-3-2013.)
    Wolf King for Genesis 2 Male(s)(DIM) (Genesis 2 Males) (DSON) (Notes: DIM files last updated on 12-4-2013.)

edited December 1969

Updated:
    GIS for Genesis Male
    2014-01-16 - updated issue where pants and bracers were not calling for data in the right path
    2014-01-06 - Updated issue where tunic was not fitting Michael 5 heroic.Updated Metadata, Due to artist not having DS 4 files were updated to DUF, DSF's were removed as they could not be fixed.

Slacking for Casual Jeans and T-Shirt
    2014-01-16 - Fixed issue with pathing in mc6 files.

edited December 1969

Thanks Kerya I updated those.

GIS for Genesis Male has a 1-7-2014 update according to the file dates. The Read Me doesn't give the 1-7-2014 date.

I also updated:

Romantic for Intimates Collections (DIM) (Genesis 2 Females) (DSON) (Notes: Last updated: 1-14-2013 DSON Core / 12-11-2013 CF.)

edited December 1969

Jay_NOLA said:

GIS for Genesis Male has a 1-7-2014 update according to the file dates. The Read Me doesn't give the 1-7-2014 date.

It looks like the update which is dated 1/16/2014 in the readme was actually packaged on1/7/2014.

Note that if you have DIM set to download only DS4.0 rather than DS4.5+ you won't get the update, as the update isn't compatible with DS4.0.

edited January 2014

Updates :

Generation 5 Legacy Shapes for Genesis 2 Female(s) (DIM) (Genesis 2 Females) (DSON) (Note: DIM Files updated on 1-18-2014)

edited December 1969

Thanks MickyBel,

I updated that on the list and some other items.

These were also updated:

Generation 4 Legacy Shapes for Genesis 2 Female(s) (DIM) (Genesis 2 Females) (DSON) (Notes: DIM files updated on 1-18-2014.)
    Generation 4 Legacy Shapes for Genesis 2 Male(s) (DIM) (Genesis 2 Males) (DSON) (Notes: DIM files updated on 1-18-2014.)
    Generation 5 Legacy Shapes for Genesis 2 Male(s) (DIM) (Genesis 2 Males) (DSON) (Notes: DIM files updated on 1-18-2014.)

edited December 1969

Updated:

Lord of the Wolves (DIM) (Genesis) (DSON) (Notes: DIM files updated: 1-16-2014.)
    Reinterject for Genesis 2 Female(s) (DIM) (Genesis 2 Females) (DSON) (Notes: DIM files last updated: 1-15-2013. Has no CF.)
    The Master for Wolf King (DIM) (Genesis) (DSON) (Notes: DIM files updated on 1-16-2014.)

edited December 1969

New :

LY Eira (DIM) (Genesis 2 Females) (DSON)
    LY Lumikki (DIM) (Genesis 2 Females) (DSON)

edited January 2014

New:

Street Casual Outfit for Genesis 2 Male(s) (DIM) (Genesis 2 Males) (DSON)

Teen Jayden Pro Bundle :

Basic Cool Poses for Teen Jayden 6 (DIM) (Genesis 2 Males) (DSON)
    Brit Hair for Genesis 2 Male(s) (DIM) (Genesis 2 Males) (DSON)
    BWC Cool Teen Jayden 6 Poses (DIM) (Genesis 2 Males) (DSON)
    Cargo Shorts and Tee for Genesis 2 Male(s) (DIM) (Genesis 2 Males) (DSON)
    Colin (DIM) (Genesis 2 Males) (DSON)
    Day by Day for Genesis 2 Male(s) (DIM) (Genesis 2 Males) (DSON)
    FW Ash - Character and Accessories (DIM) (Genesis 2 Males) (DSON)
    Gabriel (DIM) (Genesis 2 Males) (DSON)
    Internship Outfit for Genesis 2 Male(s) (DIM) (Genesis 2 Males) (DSON)
    Parkour Wear for Genesis 2 Male(s) (DIM) (Genesis 2 Males) (DSON)
    Skate Park Outfit for Genesis 2 Male(s) (DIM) (Genesis 2 Males) (DSON)
    Smart Hair (DIM) (Genesis 2 Males) (DSON)
    Surfer Hair (DIM) (Genesis 2 Males) (DSON)
    Teen Jayden 6 (DIM) (Genesis 2 Males) (DSON)
    Trendy College Outfit for Genesis 2 Male(s) (DIM) (Genesis 2 Males) (DSON)

Teen Josie Add-on Bundle :

FW Ashley (DIM) (Genesis 2 Females) (DSON)
    Get Funky Josie (DIM) (Genesis 2 Females) (DSON)
    Precious for Teen Josie (DIM) (Genesis 2 Females) (DSON)
    Southern Peach Sundress Outfit for Genesis 2 Female(s) (DIM) (Genesis 2 Females) (DSON)
    Sweet Tart for Southern Peach (DIM) (Genesis 2 Females) (DSON)
    ToXic Scarf Braid (DIM) (Genesis 2 Females) (DSON)