January, 2014 Freebie Challenge - Chinese New Year

Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252
edited January 2014 in Freebies

Welcome everyone to the first Freebie Challenge of 2014!!! This is the 7th Year and still going strong. Let’s get this year started off right!!!

A new year is a time of new beginnings. This is my first go at being a Host so please forgive me for any missteps. I hope to make this a very enjoyable contest for everyone.

What’s the theme? I am so glad you asked.

It is…

*drum roll please*

Chinese New Year

The 2014 Chinese New Year starts on January 31, 2014. This year the animal and element is the Green Wood Horse.

There are 12 animals associated with the Chinese New Year and 5 Elements.

The animals are: Rat, Ox, Tiger, Rabbit, Dragon, Snake, Horse, Goat, Monkey, Rooster, Dog, Pig

The Elements are: Wood, Fire, Earth, Metal, Water

Now for the Rules:

All standards rules apply and can found here: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/286/

Additional rules for the January, 2014 Freebie Contest:

Additional Rule #1: You must use at least one of the 12 animals associated with the Chinese Calendar in your render.

Additional Rule #2: Have Fun.

Winners will receive DAZ GS - These are special amounts for the Month of January ONLY in honour of the Freebie Challenge's 7 Year Anniversary.

1st place - $30.00
2nd place - $24.00
3rd place - $16.00

Jaderail is also giving his usual donation.

music2u4u will be donating:

My Basic Room 2011 to all the winners

My Gibson Birdland guitar to all the winners

My 1960s Seeburg Jukebox to all the winners and HMs.

My 1960s Coke machine to all the winners and HMs.

Estroyer has graciously dontated her M5 Poses and Mirrors to the winners.

A mystery prize from a Mystery Donor to the 1st, 2nd & 3rd place winners.

Anyone interested in being a judge or donating additional prizes, please post or PM me.

Judge #1 - Dorseyland
Judge #2 - music2u4u
Judge #3 -

Hopefully I didn’t forget anything.

That’s it. Have fun.

Post edited by Kismet2012 on

Comments

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969
  • Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252
    edited December 1969

Thanks Kendall.

• DorseylandDorseyland Posts: 724
    edited December 1969

Kismet -- nice theme, should be fun!

You DID forget to mention the cash vouchers very generously offered as prizes every month by JADERAIL. I think he might be getting tired of reminding us!

• DorseylandDorseyland Posts: 724
    edited December 1969

Oh, yeah, I haven't pulled judging duty in a long time, so put me on your list.

edited December 1969

Kismet -- nice theme, should be fun!

You DID forget to mention the cash vouchers very generously offered as prizes every month by JADERAIL. I think he might be getting tired of reminding us!

Thank you for the head's up.

Oh, yeah, I haven't pulled judging duty in a long time, so put me on your list.

Judging duties gratefully accepted.

The 1st post has been updated.

edited December 1969

If would really appreciate it if someone could create a banner for the January Freebie Contest.

• Eustace ScrubbEustace Scrubb Posts: 2,686
    edited December 1969

At least Bob isn't doing drum rolls this month! ;)

edited December 1969

Bob was just a little over enthusiastic. :-)

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

Bob was just a little over enthusiastic. :-)
    Besides, the Chinese New Year is usually heralded with firecrackers. Do you really want to give Bob that much temptation? ;-)

• Lord GanthorLord Ganthor Posts: 592
    edited December 1969

If would really appreciate it if someone could create a banner for the January Freebie Contest.

See if this will work for you. Hopefully you can pull the image from here to be able to use. If not, I can send you a copy through other channels.

Banner_Layout_copy.jpg
    480 x 80 - 83K
  • DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,645
    edited December 1969

See if this will work for you. Hopefully you can pull the image from here to be able to use. If not, I can send you a copy through other channels.

LG can you change the date???? pretty please?

edited December 1969

Awww! Fer d'luva Mike! How inda@#$% did I miss dat?!? Guess 'cause it's not midnite here yet an' I didn't roll over...

Banner_Layout_Chinese_002.jpg
    479 x 80 - 83K
    edited December 1969

Awww! Fer d'luva Mike! How inda@#$% did I miss dat?!? Guess 'cause it's not midnite here yet an' I didn't roll over...

Are you sure it ain't one to many of them beers? Thanks LG. Will put it in the gallery

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

Banner added to Gallery

Kendall

edited December 1969

Banner added to Gallery

Kendall

Thank you Kendall
  • jeeperzjeeperz Posts: 1,102
    edited December 1969

This looks like a fun theme, I got nothing in my runtime files but if I can get some stuff loaded I may have to give this a shot

edited January 2014

Aw, man...don't even ask, 'kay? All I knows is dat it musta been one helluva New Year's Eve party...

1.) Moustache 19th from Top.

2.) Mitch Hair

3.) Unforgiven for Aiko 3 Cigar Prop Only. Download Link on Right.

4.) The Fedora Registration Required.

5.) 8 T Shirts for Genesis Registration Required.Texture Changed.

6.) Bierkasten-Flasche-Glas-Oeffner-fuer-Poser Registration Required. Beer Bottle.

7.) Furniture Set 1 Part 1 Registration Required. Both Parts 1 and 2 Needed.

8.) Poseable pizzabox with pizza. Registration Required.

9.) Champagne Set Registration Required.

10.) Pigs and Piglets

Other Items: Genesis 1, Cargo Shorts, Michael 4 skin texture for Louie, Genesis Body and Face morphs used in combination with a few of Die Trying's morphs and Ramwolf's morphs for Genesis.

As always, figure set-up in Daz Studio 4.6 with final render in Bryce 7. No postwork save for addition of signature and copyright notice.

Louies_New_Year.jpg
    536 x 672 - 309K
    Post edited by Lord Ganthor on
    edited December 1969

Thank you LG for creating the banner.

Thank you Dollygirl for catching the typo ( I didn't even notice ).

Thank you Kendall for adding the banner to the Gallery.

Happy New Year everyone.

edited December 1969

Aw, man...don't even ask, 'kay? All I knows is dat it musta been one helluva New Year's Eve party...

2.) Mitch Hair

6.) Bierkasten-Flasche-Glas-Oeffner-fuer-Poser Registration Required. Beer Bottle.

10.) Pigs and Piglets

Other Items: Genesis 1, Cargo Shorts, Michael 4 skin texture for Louie, Genesis Body and Face morphs used in combination with a few of Die Trying's morphs and Ramwolf's morphs for Genesis.

As always, figure set-up in Daz Studio 4.6 with final render in Bryce 7. No postwork save for addition of signature and copyright notice.

Great render LG. And on New Year's Day too!

All your links check out except for #6 - The Beer Bottle. When I try the link I get an Http.com site for domain registration. Is this correct?

edited December 1969

jeeperz said:
    This looks like a fun theme, I got nothing in my runtime files but if I can get some stuff loaded I may have to give this a shot

Glad you like the theme. Looking forward to your render. :-)

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

2.) Mitch Hair

10.) Pigs and Piglets

That sure was some party

LOL

edited December 1969

Great render LG. And on New Year's Day too!

All your links check out except for #6 - The Beer Bottle. When I try the link I get an Http.com site for domain registration. Is this correct?

Ooops. Little bit of a typo in that line. I fixed it in the original post and it seems to link fine now. Whew! scared me dere fer a minuet...I t'out dat dey pulled out da beer!

edited December 1969

2.) Mitch Hair

10.) Pigs and Piglets

All links check out.

ENTRY ACCEPTED

• jeeperzjeeperz Posts: 1,102
    edited December 1969

Winners have been announced in the December challenge

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,063
    edited December 1969

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/index.php?&ACT=50&fid=41&aid=117315_LCgRf1YpE4OEI2NKv9Rk&thumb=1&board_id=1

Wow, pretty quick on the draw (get it?) for someone hung over!

I thought maybe that was Charlie Chan up there, but no mustache, so it's not him. Can't tell what that group is at the bottom. Almost thought Gilligan's Island, but there are too many of them.

Dana

• music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,822
    edited January 2014

Wow...the new year has really taken off here! I just woke up...lol.

All my prizes (and I do give one every month of the challenge for the last 7 years, so you can list me as a doner also Kismet) have been sent out for December.

This month I will be donating:

My Basic Room 2011 to all the winners

My Gibson Birdland guitar to all the winners

My 1960s Seeburg Jukebox to all the winners and HMs.

My 1960s Coke machine to all the winners and HMs.

Here are some renders so you see what you get. Good luck to all.

60sCokeMachineDaz1.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 74K
    60sSeeburgJukebox.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 322K
    GibsonBirdlandGuitarDaz1.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 105K
    BasicRoom2011_1Daz.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 384K
    Post edited by music2u4u on
    edited December 1969

Thank you music.

I have updated the first post.

edited December 1969

Stumbles across jeeperz cooling pies. Throws some into the thread to see what happens.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Trust me to pull into the thread at the wrong time

pie_in_face_2.jpg
    300 x 175 - 25K
  • music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,822
    edited January 2014

... NOTICE ...

This month marks the 7th anniversary of the freebie challenge here in the forums. As a way of showing you all my personal appreciation for all the folks who have participated, entered and shared their artwork and fun with us, I have gotten with my friends at Daz and, with the permission of some very nice folks there, they have granted my wish to give something back to you all.

So...for this anniversary month only, They will be DOUBLING THE WINNERS GC AMOUNTS! That's right, you will get twice the amount we usually give to the three top winners in store GCs. So it will go as follows:

1st place will get $30.00 GC.
    2nd place will get $24.00 GC.
    3rd place will get $16.00 GC.

This will be for this month only, so take advantage of this folks and enter the challenge this month.

I want to thank all who have entered in the past 6 years, and to all our regulars who help have so much fun each month here in the challenge. Also to my ETOs Jeeperz, Dollygirl and Chohole. Also to my ex-ETO Kendall and Alexa Sears for keeping the gallery going. (The offer to rejoin the ETO staff remains open to you Kendall if you decide at any time in the future.)

And a very special thanks goes to our beloved BWSman, who passed away this last June 22, 2013. He gave so much of himself so we could all be happy and have fun, as well as being my cheif ETO. May he R.I.P.

So you can update the opening post Kismet and list these amounts for this month.

Good luck to all who enter, and thanks for joining us here.

music2u4u

(BWSman's render "Wanted")

wanted_b.jpg
    500 x 375 - 138K
    Post edited by music2u4u on