• TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
    edited December 2013

Todays free thing is....... http://www.daz3d.com/new-releases

free.jpg
    250 x 345 - 56K
    Post edited by Trish on
  • GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

@fronontheedge: Thank you. Those spheres weren't UV mapped, just came from Wings 3d without any material. The material comes from one of two produces by David and Horo, 50 Metals The Heating Room Set and 50 Metals The Treppenhalle Set.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,068
    edited December 1969

@Jamahoney - thank you.

@Dave - thank you.

@franontheedge - QA = quality assurance. Each product submitted is thoroughly tested before it is packed and put in the store. Yeah, the blue things may be forget-me-nots.

edited December 2013

Good morning guys.....What blue things ...I didn't see any blue things???? SSSSLLLEEEEEEEPPPPYYYYY

Post edited by Trish on
  • c-ramc-ram Posts: 376
    edited December 1969

@ Horo : I really like your flowers scenes! Those macro-vision renders are looking so nice.

I'm still working hard on a new "bryce to the maximum" composition. A country side landscape in winter with two villages, lots and lots of trees, shrubs.. some barns, some sheeps.. air ballons flying here and there.. One more time trying to fake "vue" with this next one to come.

Hope I'll finish it for the end of this year.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,954
    edited December 2013

This thread is moving very fast and I’m a bit behind. The renders by everyone are beautiful and inspiring.

Guss- the Hexagon objects are great, especially the fountain on page 39, very inspiring but I don’t think I have the gray cells to learn another program, Bryce and Wings 3D is all I can handle for now.

Dana365-that’s one awesome animation.

Horo-lovely flowers with the bokeh backgrounds especially the last one.

Trish-The Brinnenites are so cute. lol

Chohole, Dave and Trish – your entries in the Commons Challenge are awesome, best of luck

Fencepost-nice handle tutorial, where’s the one for the cup/mug ;)

C-ram – looking forward to your completed “bryce to the maximum” render.

David-thanks for the new videos.

I hope someone can help me with this. I want to rearrange my user libraries both the material and objects one into more meaningful categories’. The only way I can think of is using the material on an object and then saving the material in a new category. But this way it’s going to be very time consuming. Is there another easier and quicker way? It’s amazing the amount of materials and objects I have saved, in only one year. I need to get more organized. ;)

Post edited by mermaid010 on
    edited December 1969

@Marco - so you're up to another Bryce masterpiece that will make me drool, got to prepare a large towel for the event. Thanks for your comment on the flowers. I'm not fully satisfied but then, I just wanted to see if those HDRIs are of any use.

@mermaid010 - thank you. Your question: there is no easy way. I'm aware of 2 methods:

(a) Prepare several empty libraries, get one material from the existing library and put it into the new one. It suffices to select it in the old and then add it to the new without ever leaving the mat lib. Though you need an object (ground plane) to go to the mat lib, there is no need to leave the lib between the material transfers. You will lose the description but not the name. So select the item to transfer, click on the description, ctrl-c it, move to the new library, add the mat and ctr-v the description.

(b) Export all materials from the library you want to keep. Either export one after the other and import them again one after the other, or select all you want to keep. With the shift key you can select a row of materials, with the ctrl key several individual ones, or deselect from the row selected with shift. Export and give it a name (default is Material Preset.mat). You can move this library to the sub-folder of the libraries, or you can Import this file in an existing library.

Deleting items in the library only flags them to not being shown. They are still in the library, taking up space. If you delete all you don't want, you should Export the remaining library and either import it into a new one, or give it a sensible name. You'll find the same items in the old and the new library but the new one is smaller because all items flagged invisible are removed from the file.

If you go the export-import way, the descriptions won't be lost. In any case, it is a tedious undertaking. If you make a mistake, either accept it or start from anew. Deleting isn't a solution if you want to clean up. A boring job but needs concentration. Think it through before you start.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,954
    edited December 1969

Thanks Horo for the info. I think I will go the export/import way, it will be easier.

I have already saved all the presets from the program folder to an external hard drive, something I remembered you suggesting to someone else on the forum; the importance of backups. :-)

What if I export the materials or objects in groups and then delete them as I work thru them. And once I’m done, I can delete the these categories from the User Section in the program folder and import the new ones into new categories. This way I think I can avoid deleted files occupying valuable space, referring to Deleting items in the library only flags them to not being shown. They are still in the library, taking up space.

And if I mess up I still have my libraries saved elsewhere. ;)

• Saul_RosenbergSaul_Rosenberg Posts: 0
    edited December 2013

This is a render that I did while experimenting with the metal materials that I have just completed that I am preparing as a freebie for everybody. Of course it's obvious that I'm a Yank Dr. Who fan (I've even been thinking about building a full sized Dalek replica, :) ).
    The render is just an experiment using acquired models from various sources. Be gentle with your criticism please, lol.

I'm sorry - MERRY CHRISTMAS, HAPPY HANNAKAH, FELIZ NAVIDAD! I bid everyone hello and happy holidays!

Whoscene2.jpg
    1010 x 574 - 253K
    Post edited by Saul_Rosenberg on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Croeso

Nadolig Llawen

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Croeso

Nadolig Llawen

Thank you Clo'. I hope that everybody gets to spend some time with the folks that they love - and as a footnote - and of less importance - I hope everybody gets awesome xmas gifts this year!
    edited December 2013

Here's another render- "On The Road To Mos Eisley". I like this one because it's very "cinematic" looking, Almost like a Star Wars promo poster or something. It looks better in full resolution though. Below it is a closer view of the droids. These new metals are testing out great!

DroidsB.jpg
    536 x 610 - 120K
    DroidsA.jpg
    1434 x 695 - 301K
    Post edited by Saul_Rosenberg on
  • useroperatoruseroperator Posts: 247
    edited December 2013

something and nothing. it actually reminds me of nano drug delivery systems.

dfgdfhfh.png
    753 x 569 - 222K
    Post edited by useroperator on
  • JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited December 2013

"...reminds me of nano drug delivery systems..."

Nah, it's defintely something nasty-like - Saul's R2D2 and C3PO above would want to be aware as it may be some kind of 'bot virus ;)

Jay

Post edited by Jamahoney on
    edited December 2013

Saul: very nice work.....and wishing you a great Christmas also...Trish

Here is my Christmas wish to everyone... http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/33438/#509950

Post edited by Trish on
    edited December 1969

@Saul: Those are very nice images, and material too.

@user.operator: That thing looks very ominous, but cool. Change the material and it could be mistaken for a spore.

@Trish: The cat in the other image looks as though it was caught doing something unhealthy. Santa hat on it is great.

Gave David's funky object a try and came up with the first image below. The second image I embellished a bit.

Double_Wrapped_Cube_5.png
    570 x 570 - 610K
    Double_Wrapped_Cube_1.png
    570 x 570 - 515K
    edited December 2013

@guss the gem style one is probably one of the best versions I've seen so far.

another random render playing around with organics and something I quickly modeled.

ghgfghg.png
    734 x 557 - 444K
    chjfhjfj.png
    746 x 562 - 508K
  • David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

Jamie, yeah, that faceted version turned out really well, is that entirely material or is it geometry? Whichever, it's very good.

user.operator, showing how to make good use of HDRI. I like the top spiky thingy particularly.

OK I'm just here to give you a heads up on a little sale thingy. You may recognise a couple of Bryce renders in here and a couple of names.

Image1.jpg
    1085 x 988 - 533K
    edited December 1969

@Saul - nice renders, I particularly like the Star Wars ones, those guys look as I remember them.

@user.operator - that's a nice ball, the spiky one, too. The white shape looks good.

@Trish - thank you for the Christmas wishes. Mine is at http://www.bryce5.com/details.php?image_id=5498.

@GussNemo - nice shapes.

@David - thanks for the heads-up. Just saw it in the email. They didn't forget me like last time.

edited December 1969

todays free thing is... http://www.daz3d.com/new-releases

free.jpg
    252 x 325 - 76K
  • Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

Ho! Ho! Ho!

PeterWreath.jpg
    422 x 650 - 379K
  • adbcadbc Posts: 3,076
    edited December 1969

My wishes for the holidays :
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/33437/P45/#510843

Merry Christmas and Happy New year to everyone !

• StuartBStuartB Posts: 596
    edited December 1969

Just wanted to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year,
    and to say thanks for all the help over the last year.
    Have a good one.

edited December 2013

this is not a bryce render, but it is a diamond material animation of the model from one of my previous gem renders.

this is actually from a neat little program I found that uses the CPU, but renders in real time, with full renders taking mere seconds. each frame in this image, only took 10 seconds each to render.

I still think the bryce renderings were a bit better looking on the internal refractions, but this is more than acceptable, especially given the render time. I still haven't messed with the quality settings, so there's probably a few options to turn the quality up.

untitled.5_.png
    640 x 360 - 169K
    untitled(1).gif
    640 x 360 - 2M
    untitled.gif
    640 x 360 - 2M
    edited December 2013

adbc said:

Don't forget to take this out of WIP and put it in the entries thread...It is very good!!! Trish
    Dave: Its always so much fun to see what peter is up to...LOL ..Don't forget the free sled for peter...
    Horo: Thank you a very nice card
    Stuart: very Merry Christmas to you also
    Guss: the new shapes are great ...It is the Blue this time ...Is that the diamond material you have been working on..?? The kitty did not eat Santa just borrowed his hat
    user.operator: Ok How did you make that spin around like that ...I have to know ...Is is hard to do and what program is it??

Post edited by Trish on
  • adbcadbc Posts: 3,076
    edited December 1969

adbc said:

Don't forget to take this out of WIP and put it in the entries thread...It is very good!!! Trish

Thanks. I already did.

edited December 1969

@Dave - another cute one.

@user.operator - nice animations. You can't expect too much from GIFs but they came out quite good.

Merry Christmas everyone. Keep on bryceing.

• JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited December 2013

Trish...many thanks on the regular 'free' updates - always appreciatable (have checked out all of them), and I'm sure some will find them of great use.

On the Christmas-y stuff...a good, and safe, period to all

Jay

Post edited by Jamahoney on
    edited December 1969

@user.operator: Thanks. Your latest images are great. The first object looks an awful lot like a sea urchin. The second object is very pretty. Those two animations are really nice, as is the new dragon image.

@David: Thank you. I can't claim ownership of the facet material on the first cube. I don't remember where I found it but it's in the Material Library under Misc/P39 Material.

@Horo: Thanks.

@Dave: Thank Peter for the kind wish.

@adbc: That image on the other forum is very beautiful.

By the time some may read this it will already be Christmas day, and a few hours to go for others. I do wish all a very Merry Christmas and good cheer.

edited December 1969

The very same to you Jamie!!!!!

This discussion has been closed.