[Released] Props & Poses Converter from Genesis 3 Female to Genesis 8 Female [Commercial]

RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,344
edited January 2020 in Daz PA Commercial Products

Easily use your Genesis 3 Female props, accessories and poses with your Genesis 8 Female characters. Automatically convert almost your entire library of props, accessories, and poses using the Props and Poses Converter for Genesis 8 Female. The Props and Poses Converter script provides batch execution for automatically converting your Genesis 3 Female props, accessories and poses to Genesis 8 Female props, accessories and poses in your library. Easily select the Genesis 3 Female props and poses in your library, select an output directory, and execute the script. Even better, icons and categories are copied from your Genesis 3 Female prop or pose to the new Genesis 8 Female prop or pose.

Your new Genesis 8 props, accessories and poses are completely Smart Content-aware They will show up when you select a Genesis 8 Female. Plus, all materials shown in Smart Content for your Genesis 3 Female prop or accessory will show for your converted Genesis 8 Female prop or accessory.

The Props and Poses Converter script does not work with multi-part props (e.g., two daggers are loaded from the same preset). Items without metadata can be converted but will not show up in Smart Content. They may also need to be converted using a Force Convert Item(s) button. Zero Poses are not converted.

Features

• Convert Genesis 3 Female props and accessories for use by Genesis 8 Female characters.
  • Convert Genesis 3 Female Posed Props (e.g., Hand Gripping a Sword) to Genesis 8 Female Posed Props
  • Convert Genesis 3 Female Poses to Genesis 8 Female Poses
  • Convert Genesis 3 Female Hierarchical Poses to Genesis 8 Female Poses*
  • Convert Genesis 3 Female Expressions to Genesis 8 Female Expressions (Limited)**
  • Convert Swords, Bows, Glasses, Jewelry, etc.
  • Convert Accessories: Hats, Belts, Glasses, Jewelry, etc.
  • Copies icons from Genesis 3 Female Presets to Genesis 8 Female Presets for a professional look
  • Converted Items are Smart Content enabled! All materials shown in Smart Content for your Genesis 3 Female props and accessories will show for your converted Genesis 8 Female props and accessories.
  • Automatically convert almost your entire library of props, accessories and poses with one operation!

*Due to a limitation in the Daz Studio script interface, Hierarchical Pose Presets are converted to regular poses, and only for the figure, with this tool. For example, hierarchical poses that "grip" a sword will become regular grip poses. However, hierarchical poses of a figure and wings will only retain the pose for the figure and any movement of the wings will not be converted.

**Expression values are converted however, expression morphs are not. Since morphs are not converted, the expressions will not be identical between Genesis 3 and Genesis 8. Also, if the equivalent expression name (e.g., eCTRLMouthSmileSimple) does not exist in Genesis 8, nothing is converted, though name mappings have been defined for the most common and may be extended (please see About Pose Controls in the manual).

What's Included

• Props & Poses Converter from Genesis 3 Female to Genesis 9 Female:
    • Props & Poses Converter Script (.DSE)
    • Detailed User Guide (.PDF)
Post edited by RiverSoft Art on

Comments

• EsemwyEsemwy Posts: 577

Awesome! Soon to be followed by the male version, one hopes???

• Esemwy said:

Awesome! Soon to be followed by the male version, one hopes???

Definitely, unless this one completely flops.

• Definitely, unless this one completely flops.

Please.  You know it will not.  And if you don't know, we will prove it to you. :)

• Definitely, unless this one completely flops.

Please.  You know it will not.  And if you don't know, we will prove it to you. :)

I don't think it will, but it is amazing what does well and what doesn't.  It can be hard to guess sometimes.

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,949

Just wish I could afford it it'll be wishlisted until I get some income

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,745
    edited November 2019

Sound great, but two key questions -

1 - does it convert a smart prop for G3F into a smartprop for G8F?

2. - Does jewellery include nose rings, toe rings, nipple rings, navel rings and... um... whatever you call those metal spiney things that some of the artist have been putting on their sci-fi-ish characters?

Post edited by Cybersox on
  • carrie58 said:

Just wish I could afford it it'll be wishlisted until I get some income

Thank you for the support.  

• Cybersox said:

Yes.

Cybersox said:

2. - Does jewellery include nose rings, toe rings, nipple rings, navel rings and... um... whatever you call those metal spiney things that some of the artist have been putting on their sci-fi-ish characters?

Yes, though I don't know about the spiney things as I don't have them.

Cybersox said:

Yes.

That sells me right there.Heck, I'd buy a product that did nothing except auto-convert smart props from figure to figure across all the generations. 

Cybersox said:

You don't have a spine?  How do you sit up in your chair?

• Cybersox said:
    Cybersox said:

Yes.

That sells me right there.Heck, I'd buy a product that did nothing except auto-convert smart props from figure to figure across all the generations. 

Cybersox said:

You don't have a spine?  How do you sit up in your chair?

I don't.  It makes it hard to reach the keyboard! laugh

• N-RArtsN-RArts Posts: 1,416

I should just throw my money at you right now... Ya know...Just, just take all of it. 

Seriously though, this is awesome *dances* ^^  

• N_R Arts said:

I should just throw my money at you right now... Ya know...Just, just take all of it. 

Seriously though, this is awesome *dances* ^^  

I am glad you are happy! laugh

Okay so I have to ask this but is the Generation 4 to Genesis 8 on list for this ?I ask cause I have a lot more jewelry for V4 then any other generation ........and somebody had to ask ya know

• carrie58 said:

Okay so I have to ask this but is the Generation 4 to Genesis 8 on list for this ?I ask cause I have a lot more jewelry for V4 then any other generation ........and somebody had to ask ya know

Sheesh!  You really cannot wait. laugh If the sales support it, yes, it is on the list, though the posing is harder between V4 and G8F.

It's not my fault !!!!! Cybersox started it !!

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214

Would it be possible to make one script that could work for all generations where you could just choose which generation you are converting from and to  instead of a separate one for each generation?

• carrie58 said:

LOL.  But you always go too far! laugh

• Kharma said:

Would it be possible to make one script that could work for all generations where you could just choose which generation you are converting from and to  instead of a separate one for each generation?

Definitely not with these.  Converting props requires meticulous posing between the generations.  Between G3 and G8 is easy, the older generations are much harder.  I don't even know if it will work yet.

Kharma said:

Definitely not with these.  Converting props requires meticulous posing between the generations.  Between G3 and G8 is easy, the older generations are much harder.  I don't even know if it will work yet.

Ok it was just a thought :)  but this will put the related converted poses and props into the same folders as the converted clothing that I have already converted correct ? So it will convert the foot pose for any footwear I have already converted and place it in the relevant folder so I don't have to keep going back to G3 folders to ge the foot pose?  Would be fantastic if all the material folders could tranfer too!

• Kharma said:
    Kharma said:

Ok it was just a thought :)  but this will put the related converted poses and props into the same folders as the converted clothing that I have already converted correct ? So it will convert the foot pose for any footwear I have already converted and place it in the relevant folder so I don't have to keep going back to G3 folders to ge the foot pose?  Would be fantastic if all the material folders could tranfer too!

It will put the poses and props wherever you want them.  Material folders are not copied at this time.  

edited November 2019
    carrie58 said:

And it is a good point.  There are some seriously amazing jewellery and prop items out there for the v4/m4 generation, including a ton of freebies.

That said, at this point I've given up on even attempting to convert my entire collection and am only doing the conversions on an "as needed" basis... there's just too much and my brain simply can't remember what the heck is in each product.

Hey, if you want to make a product that I (and probably some of the other hard-cores) would pay serious money for, what about a searchable product organizer that let's you look at your entire installed content library in a catalog format, including the converted versions, broken down into component pieces, while offline?  Is that possible?    

@Cybersox  that would be an amazing product that I for one would buy and I am sure others would too.

• Cybersox said:
    carrie58 said:

And it is a good point.  There are some seriously amazing jewellery and prop items out there for the v4/m4 generation, including a ton of freebies.

That said, at this point I've given up on even attempting to convert my entire collection and am only doing the conversions on an "as needed" basis... there's just too much and my brain simply can't remember what the heck is in each product.

Hey, if you want to make a product that I (and probably some of the other hard-cores) would pay serious money for, what about a searchable product organizer that let's you look at your entire installed content library in a catalog format, including the converted versions, broken down into component pieces, while offline?  Is that possible?    

Kharma said:

@Cybersox  that would be an amazing product that I for one would buy and I am sure others would too.

I feel like there are already products to do something similar.  

edited November 2019
    Cybersox said:
    carrie58 said:

Kharma said:

Not as far as I know and I've pretty much tried every content organizing product that I've come across.-

The Rocket and WInterbrose products don't actually organize at all, just give you a massive dump of collected thumbnails.

Man Friday's MF Turbo Content seemed promising, but after going back and forth with him in his support thread, I ended up having to return it as it was a.) based on Smart Content, leaving my 10,000+ products from Renderosity, RDNA, CGBytes, Poserworld, etc., as well as all of my freebies unsupported, and, even worse, B.) turned out not to be designed to handle large libraries or libraries that had custom folders, so I couldn't even get it to process the contents of my my larger figure folders, let alone one of my main content libraries. 

P3DO Explorer Pro is a great tool but it's really designed for uninstalled files and the PRPC plugin for DAZ Studio was last updated in 2012. 

Taosoft's DAZ Account manager and Renderosity Product managers are both great in terms of organization to a point, but they stop at the overall product level and, more critically, but they're both dependent on those companies websites not being redesigned, which is why the rendo program is partially broken at the moment and the RDNA version is RIP.

And every other product I can think of that I've tried has been discontinued for years.  If you know of another, please let me know.  Otherwise, I'm almost at the point of hiring someone to either manually go through and organize all the stuff for me, as my estimate is that it's going to be well over a weeks work, or to specifically write a program that does what I want.  The only thing that's kept me back on that is that my current render computer is running the soon to no longer supported Windows 7 Ultimate and the logical time to upgrade to a new machine is drawing near.   

• Cybersox said:
    Cybersox said:
    carrie58 said:

Kharma said:

Not as far as I know and I've pretty much tried every content orgainizing product that I've come across.-

The Rocket and WInterborse products don't actually organize at all, just give you a massive dump of collected thumbnails.

Man Frirday's MF Turbo Content seemed promising, but after going back and forth with him in his support thread, I ended up having to return it as it was a.) based on Smart Content, leaving my 10,000+ products from Renderosity, RDNA, CGBytes, Poserworld, etc., as well as all of my freebies unsupported, and, even worse, B.) turned out not to be designed to handle large libraries or llibraries that had custom folders, so I couldn't even get it to process the contents of my my larger figure folders, let alone one of my main content libraries. 

P3DO Explorer Pro is a great tool but it's really designed for uninstalled files and the PRPC plugin for DAZ Studio was last updated in 2012. 

Taosoft's DAZ Accopunt manager and Rendereosity Product managers are both great in terms of organization to a point, but they stop at the overall product level and, more critcally, but they're both dependent on thos e companies websites not being redesigned, which is why the rendo program is partially broken at the moment and the RDNA version is RIP.

And every other product I can think of that I've tried has been discontinued for years.  If you know of another, please let me know.  Otherwise, I'm almost at the point of hiring someone to either manually go through and organize all the stuff for me, as my estimate is that it's going to be well over a weeks work, or to specifically write a program that does what I want.  The only thing that's kept me back on that is that my current render computer is running the soon to no longer supported Windows 7 Ultimate and the logical time to upgrade to a new machine is drawing near.   

Wow.  Nice rundown!  You also point out some of the pitfalls of making this type of product.  It is very hard to make something that satisfies a lot of people.

carrie58 said:

Yeah but if you don't ask ..........ya know I luv ya

• carrie58 said:
    carrie58 said:

Yeah but if you don't ask ..........ya know I luv ya

LOL laugh

Cybersox said:
    Cybersox said:
    carrie58 said:

Kharma said:

Not as far as I know and I've pretty much tried every content orgainizing product that I've come across.-

The Rocket and WInterborse products don't actually organize at all, just give you a massive dump of collected thumbnails.

Man Frirday's MF Turbo Content seemed promising, but after going back and forth with him in his support thread, I ended up having to return it as it was a.) based on Smart Content, leaving my 10,000+ products from Renderosity, RDNA, CGBytes, Poserworld, etc., as well as all of my freebies unsupported, and, even worse, B.) turned out not to be designed to handle large libraries or llibraries that had custom folders, so I couldn't even get it to process the contents of my my larger figure folders, let alone one of my main content libraries. 

Taosoft's DAZ Accopunt manager and Rendereosity Product managers are both great in terms of organization to a point, but they stop at the overall product level and, more critcally, but they're both dependent on thos e companies websites not being redesigned, which is why the rendo program is partially broken at the moment and the RDNA version is RIP.

Wow.  Nice rundown!  You also point out some of the pitfalls of making this type of product.  It is very hard to make something that satisfies a lot of people.

Hey, what fun is life without any challenges?   

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
    edited November 2019

And it's out!!! YAHOOOOO!!!!

And it's mine heh heh heh

https://www.daz3d.com/props--poses-converter-from-genesis-3-female-to-genesis-8-female

edit: wait, I just noticed this: 

Convert Genesis 3 Female Poses to Genesis 8 Female Poses

Does this mean poses that come with teh props or are in relation to the prop I want to convert? Or does it mean any genesis 3 female pose at all...like, all those different pose packs I have, that have nothing to do with a prop I want to convert? 

Post edited by jakiblue on
  • Cybersox said:

I'm currently looking into creating an app to do just that. Not just installed content, but also what is e.g. in a downloads directory. That said, it's a long way off seeing the light of day. Hopefully a bit quicker then DAZ soon though. So if you want to PM me with your requirements so that we don't hijack this thread smiley