[Released] Props & Poses Converter from Genesis 3 Female to Genesis 8 Female [Commercial]

Comments

• jakiblue said:

And it's out!!! YAHOOOOO!!!!

And it's mine heh heh heh

https://www.daz3d.com/props--poses-converter-from-genesis-3-female-to-genesis-8-female

edit: wait, I just noticed this: 

Convert Genesis 3 Female Poses to Genesis 8 Female Poses

Does this mean poses that come with teh props or are in relation to the prop I want to convert? Or does it mean any genesis 3 female pose at all...like, all those different pose packs I have, that have nothing to do with a prop I want to convert? 

Thank you for your support!  Yes, it means any G3F pose can be converted.

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

holy cow. I thought I was just getting a props converter and I'm getting a pose converter too! I completely missed the bit about the poses - I was just so excited about the props that everything else sailed right over my head LOL. And the funny thing was, while it was in the cart, I was looking at the pose converters in the store, but didn't have enough money. Glad about that now! LOL!  (I had just enough for this and your 3dl to iray converter and the genesis to g8f clothing converter). Slowly working my way through your catalogue ha ha. I have 14 products - only 77 to go!!!! mwahahahahaha!! laughcheeky

jakiblue said:

https://www.daz3d.com/props--poses-converter-from-genesis-3-female-to-genesis-8-female

Does this mean poses that come with teh props or are in relation to the prop I want to convert? Or does it mean any genesis 3 female pose at all...like, all those different pose packs I have, that have nothing to do with a prop I want to convert? 

• jakiblue said:

holy cow. I thought I was just getting a props converter and I'm getting a pose converter too! I completely missed the bit about the poses - I was just so excited about the props that everything else sailed right over my head LOL. And the funny thing was, while it was in the cart, I was looking at the pose converters in the store, but didn't have enough money. Glad about that now! LOL!  (I had just enough for this and your 3dl to iray converter and the genesis to g8f clothing converter). Slowly working my way through your catalogue ha ha. I have 14 products - only 77 to go!!!! mwahahahahaha!! laughcheeky

jakiblue said:

LOL.  laugh  Thank you very much!  In order to do a good props converter, it needed to be a good pose converter.  Since I was almost there, I did the extra work to make it a complete pose converter.

• LaschaeLaschae Posts: 111
    edited November 2019

Grabbed this today and I am really pleased with the ease of use and I'm excited to be putting some older content to use again :) 

Post edited by Laschae on
  • Laschae said:

Grabbed this today and I am really pleased with the ease of use and I'm excited to be putting some older content to use again :) 

Fantastic!  I am glad you like it. laugh

• First of all, I really like the program (as with any of your work, I might add), but I do have to say it doesn't work with all G3 props and poses. Props that are included in environments (such as https://www.daz3d.com/i13-neighborhood-bar-environment-with-poses) won't get converted (it says Props, Poses, Accessories and so on aren't found in the filepath). I think this is because of the way the props are checked if they are in the correct Genesis 3 Female Folder and those props are found in the Environments folder. The full poses however do convert correctly (even though they have to be added manually since both Male and Female poses are in the same folder).

Don't worry, I'll find some way around it (even though those props aren't that critical), just thought you should know.

• First of all, I really like the program (as with any of your work, I might add), but I do have to say it doesn't work with all G3 props and poses. Props that are included in environments (such as https://www.daz3d.com/i13-neighborhood-bar-environment-with-poses) won't get converted (it says Props, Poses, Accessories and so on aren't found in the filepath). I think this is because of the way the props are checked if they are in the correct Genesis 3 Female Folder and those props are found in the Environments folder. The full poses however do convert correctly (even though they have to be added manually since both Male and Female poses are in the same folder).

Don't worry, I'll find some way around it (even though those props aren't that critical), just thought you should know.

Sorry about the inconvenience!  You are correct.  The script looks for a "root" directory like "Accessories", "Props", etc so that it can put the converted item in a similar subdirectory.  For example, if the original item is in "My Daz3D Library/People/Genesis 3 Female/Props/i13/Smart Props/Bottle Right Hand.duf", it would put the output file in "Daz3D/Studio/My Library/People/Genesis 8 Female/Props/i13/Smart Props/Bottle Right Hand.duf" assuming your output dir was "Daz3D/Studio/My Library/People/Genesis 8 Female/Props".  It looks for that "Props" root directory and then creates all the subdirectories below it in the output directory.  I will fix it to also look for Environments so they can convert.  You will still have to use "Add Files" to add them though.  

• It's just a slight inconvenience. I can only imagine the hassle you had making this (which I'm sure is nothing with the hassle we give you for wanting more). Your product works perfect for the standard stuff, but unfortunately, you can't predict where other vendors store their stuff. And hey, if we didn't come in situations where we had to add files manually, you wouldn't have added an "Add Files" button.

Just keep up the good work. And *insert obligatory outragous demand for more stuff*!

• It's just a slight inconvenience. I can only imagine the hassle you had making this (which I'm sure is nothing with the hassle we give you for wanting more). Your product works perfect for the standard stuff, but unfortunately, you can't predict where other vendors store their stuff. And hey, if we didn't come in situations where we had to add files manually, you wouldn't have added an "Add Files" button.

Just keep up the good work. And *insert obligatory outragous demand for more stuff*!

LOL.  Well thank you.  I will submit the fix in about a week, just as soon as I know there won't be other bugs.

I'm loving this product so much LOL. It's my all time fave of yours I think. 

Curious question: do you think you'll do one for earlier generations? Gen 2 to G8 maybe? 

• jakiblue said:

I'm loving this product so much LOL. It's my all time fave of yours I think. 

Curious question: do you think you'll do one for earlier generations? Gen 2 to G8 maybe? 

I am so glad to hear that!  Thank you for telling me that.  I plan to support earlier generations as long as there is interest.

• Great Product. RiverSoftArt Tools offers a huge time saving for reuse of old content.

With the Props & Pose Converter I got the problem...that no pose controls are converted/saved. eg pCTRLrHandGrasp. But the name should be the same between Genesis3 and Genesis8. Anyone else with this problem?

edited December 2019

I couldn't find a thread for your "Character Converter from Genesis 3 Female to Genesis 8 Female" so I'll just ask here, and if there is a thread, then I'll delete and post it there....

just picked this one up tonight and have only had a very very quick play with it but I have two questions:

1. Is the "convert scene character" used for when you don't have a full character preset, and the character is a "apply Jane's body morph.duf" and "apply Jane's head morph.duf" deal, whereas the main converter is when you have the full character preset? 

2. Will this do any expressions? (for instance, an expression pack such as "Victoria 7 Attitude Expressions") If so, is that "convert scene character"? 

edit: oooh thought of a third question:

3. With the "hide eyes" option - which is mentioned in the manual as giving better results - does that mean the eyes of the G3F character do not transfer over at all? So eyes that are a different shape - not extreme, but say, eyes like Mei Lin 7 - won't transfer at all?

Post edited by jakiblue on
  • privat3x said:

Great Product. RiverSoftArt Tools offers a huge time saving for reuse of old content.

With the Props & Pose Converter I got the problem...that no pose controls are converted/saved. eg pCTRLrHandGrasp. But the name should be the same between Genesis3 and Genesis8. Anyone else with this problem?

At least right now, pose controls are not converted.  Just poses with bones.

• jakiblue said:

I couldn't find a thread for your "Character Converter from Genesis 3 Female to Genesis 8 Female" so I'll just ask here, and if there is a thread, then I'll delete and post it there....

just picked this one up tonight and have only had a very very quick play with it but I have two questions:

1. Is the "convert scene character" used for when you don't have a full character preset, and the character is a "apply Jane's body morph.duf" and "apply Jane's head morph.duf" deal, whereas the main converter is when you have the full character preset? 

2. Will this do any expressions? (for instance, an expression pack such as "Victoria 7 Attitude Expressions") If so, is that "convert scene character"? 

1. Yes, "Convert Scene Character" is for when you have created a character in the scene and applied all the morphs (weight, fitness, etc) to it

2. If the expressions are morph and they have been applied to the character, I *think* it will do it.  I haven't tried it.

Gosh, you were quick! LOL Thank you!

I edited it to add a third question:

3. With the "hide eyes" option - which is mentioned in the manual as giving better results - does that mean the eyes of the G3F character do not transfer over at all? So eyes that are a different shape - not extreme, but say, eyes like Mei Lin 7 - won't transfer at all?

jakiblue said:

1. Yes, "Convert Scene Character" is for when you have created a character in the scene and applied all the morphs (weight, fitness, etc) to it

2. If the expressions are morph and they have been applied to the character, I *think* it will do it.  I haven't tried it.

oh and one last question:

when using the "normal" converter, the character preset one, do the morphs get saved somewhere? I want to delete the one I just did and do it again, and was looking to see where it saved it so I could delete it. 

• jakiblue said:

jakiblue said:

3.  No, this refers to an option in the conversion process that Sickleyield had defined. The 2 processes the script uses are similar but can give different results, especially around the eyes.  

Bonus answer: Yes, it is in data/Daz 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/VENDOR/PRODUCT where the root directory is defined as the first directory under Daz formats in the Content manager.

Great, thank you!

Does the saved file have a particular name? or is the same as the original character? 

well, no, that won't work, it would overwrite the original, yeah? I've got three files in that folder for this particular character, but not sure which ones I created. 

jakiblue said:

jakiblue said:

3.  No, this refers to an option in the conversion process that Sickleyield had defined. The 2 processes the script uses are similar but can give different results, especially around the eyes.  

Bonus answer: Yes, it is in data/Daz 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/VENDOR/PRODUCT where the root directory is defined as the first directory under Daz formats in the Content manager.

• jakiblue said:

Great, thank you!

Does the saved file have a particular name? or is the same as the original character? 

well, no, that won't work, it would overwrite the original, yeah? I've got three files in that folder for this particular character, but not sure which ones I created. 

jakiblue said:

jakiblue said:

You created all of them with the script (check the creation dates).  The original morphs live in My Daz 3D Library.

Ahhhhh! Got it!

I forgot to look at the date LOL! blush

Thank you! This is an awesome script!!!!

Is it possible to do it for earlier versions? I don't mean will you do one, but whether it's possible to do it or if it really only works well for G3 -> G8. 

jakiblue said:

Great, thank you!

jakiblue said:

jakiblue said:

You created all of them with the script (check the creation dates).  The original morphs live in My Daz 3D Library.

• jakiblue said:

Ahhhhh! Got it!

I forgot to look at the date LOL! blush

Thank you! This is an awesome script!!!!

Is it possible to do it for earlier versions? I don't mean will you do one, but whether it's possible to do it or if it really only works well for G3 -> G8. 

jakiblue said:

Great, thank you!

jakiblue said:

jakiblue said:

You're welcome!  I have done tests for G2F->G8F.  It works but doesn't seem to do as good a job as with G3.  For one thing, the materials are hopeless.

• MelissaGTMelissaGT Posts: 2,609

I just picked this up and am working on converting over the bulk of my G3F pose products. I do have one question though...is it normal for it to be slow? I don't have a slouch of a system by any means, but a normal-sized pose pack takes about 30min to complete. I dumped one in last night before bed that had over 900 lines and it's still running almost 19hrs later. My system specs are Ryzen 7 1800x w/ 32GB RAM and 1080TI. I don't know if this has anything to do with G8F's general lagginess as of late (G8F has been pretty awful when going through poses...you click one and then sometimes you might as well go get a coffee...it never used to be like that until 4.12 came out). And for some perspective, when I run your character converter products, those take anywhere from one minute to about ten, depending on the character (Michael 7 is lighting fast for conversion but Ophelia 7 took the better part of ten minutes). 

• I just picked this up and am working on converting over the bulk of my G3F pose products. I do have one question though...is it normal for it to be slow? I don't have a slouch of a system by any means, but a normal-sized pose pack takes about 30min to complete. I dumped one in last night before bed that had over 900 lines and it's still running almost 19hrs later. My system specs are Ryzen 7 1800x w/ 32GB RAM and 1080TI. I don't know if this has anything to do with G8F's general lagginess as of late (G8F has been pretty awful when going through poses...you click one and then sometimes you might as well go get a coffee...it never used to be like that until 4.12 came out). And for some perspective, when I run your character converter products, those take anywhere from one minute to about ten, depending on the character (Michael 7 is lighting fast for conversion but Ophelia 7 took the better part of ten minutes). 

DS seems to get slower the more morphs you add to a figure; I don't know if it affects posing but it does affect loading G8F.  If you temporarily rename all those character conversion morphs to a new path, from data/Daz 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs to data/Daz 3D/Genesis 8/Female/OldMorphs, G8F will load faster.  That might help with your pose conversion.

@RiverSoftArt, do you have a product that will convert Genesis 3 Male clothes to Genesis 8 Female?

• jakiblue said:

@RiverSoftArt, do you have a product that will convert Genesis 3 Male clothes to Genesis 8 Female?

Not yet.  I have mentioned it to Sickleyield but at the time she was very busy with other products.  I will get back to her.

Ok thanks. 

jakiblue said:

Not yet.  I have mentioned it to Sickleyield but at the time she was very busy with other products.  I will get back to her.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,756

Any eta on G8f to G3f or v4 to g8?  

• Cybersox said:

No, not eta yet.  

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,756
    Cybersox said:

No, not eta yet.  

Is there a spark of life, at least?