DAZ Studio Pro 4.6.1.39 - General Release - Update!

Comments

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,312
    edited December 1969

I'm still getting CMS crashes on DS startup.
    Also still getting problems with preset poses and things parented to the head, is this ever going to be addressed?

• BTLProdBTLProd Posts: 114
    edited December 2013

I'm still getting CMS crashes on DS startup.
    Also still getting problems with preset poses and things parented to the head, is this ever going to be addressed?
    CMS crashes on startup is, in most cases, a result of a corrupt database.

Yes, they are looking at solutions to reduce database corruption.

Post edited by DAZ_Spooky on
  • KarthKarth Posts: 709
    edited December 1969

Oh..god thanks..hehe.. others have the problems too ;-)

I was going nuts here.
    First it crashed always when i change from genesis to genesis2.
    Then restart was fine.
    But today no way to get i back.
    Reinstalling DAZ or CMS doesnt help.

What a mess :-(

I really like that. Hope they can fix that soon.

• DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100
    edited December 1969

Karth said:
    Oh..god thanks..hehe.. others have the problems too ;-)

I was going nuts here.
    First it crashed always when i change from genesis to genesis2.
    Then restart was fine.
    But today no way to get i back.
    Reinstalling DAZ or CMS doesnt help.

What a mess :-(

I really like that. Hope they can fix that soon.

Uninstalling DS or even CMS does not deal with the issue of a corrupt Database. https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/entries/22523891-Trouble-shooting-the-Smart-Content-Pane is likely to be your best friend for getting it fixed.
    edited December 1969

What about the posing and the parenting problem? This has been going on for ages and is extremely annoying.

edited December 1969

What about the posing and the parenting problem? This has been going on for ages and is extremely annoying.
    I am unaware of any posing or parenting problems. What are the ticket numbers?
    edited December 1969

I haven't actually sent in a ticket but I'm sure someone else did ages ago, there was a thread about it somewhere and I mentioned the problem in the last release thread.
    If you have a figure load in a hair then parent the hair to the head, drag and drop I the scene tab, then apply a preset pose the arms don't pose.

edited December 1969

I haven't actually sent in a ticket but I'm sure someone else did ages ago, there was a thread about it somewhere and I mentioned the problem in the last release thread.
    If you have a figure load in a hair then parent the hair to the head, drag and drop I the scene tab, then apply a preset pose the arms don't pose.
    Works for me just fine with what you just explained. I am going to need a ticket so I can get more details and a better look at it.

Thanks

edited December 1969

It can be a bit hit and miss.
    When I get the problem again and have time I'll put in a ticket.

• ZebratechZebratech Posts: 24
    edited December 1969

Works for me just fine with what you just explained. I am going to need a ticket so I can get more details and a better look at it.

Thanks

I can attest to this being an issue. It seems to happen with some hairs when parented to the head of the figure. My workaround is to use the Joint Editor tool on the hair and delete any Arm and Shoulder bones that are present in the hair. So, apparently, there can be some bad interaction between these bones and Genesis when using canned poses. Getting rid of the bones in the hair stops it.

Hope this helps for now.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,010
    edited December 1969

I hate finding bones in my hair.

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,838
    edited December 1969

Yes, they are looking at solutions to reduce database corruption.

ROFL, that's right up there with actually looking for a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow, a database by it's very nature is one giant corruption waiting to nerf the hell out of your system, a database is at it's "safest" when you first import all of the data into the system, it becomes ****ed the second you start changing or adding to it as that is when the corruption gets in.

We have been telling them that since DS2, but they just don't listen.

• cwichuracwichura Posts: 1,042
    edited December 1969

Bejaymac said:
    We have been telling them that since DS2, but they just don't listen.

For a moment there I read that as DB2. IBM's database that actually works... :)
  • Blaine91555Blaine91555 Posts: 148
    edited December 1969

This looks like the place. While trying to figure out why the new Lion and Lioness with fur won't load without Studio crashing even though all the other cats load fine, I ran into something that may be an issue with Studio. This general release is all I have installed.

I put up some monitors to see what was going on at the time of the crash and found and strange issue. Studio is only using 2 cores (4 threads) and when it hits 25% of my RAM it crashes. Only the Lion and Lioness take the RAM to 25%, so there is nothing wrong with them.

I opened various softwares like Vue Infinite 2014, Lightwave 64 bit and others to see if it was a hardware issue or something, but all other software tested uses all 8 threads and can use all the memory just fine. This only seems to be related to Studio. Any idea's or what can I do to figure this out. Is this a known thing with Studio?

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,812
    edited December 2013

Interesting. I had a similar problem with Filippa hair a while back -- posted about it in the Members Forum. I don't normally drag and drop hair, though; I just double clicked the preset in the Content Library. That said, Filippa was at that time a prop hair by default, so it basically did what you were talking about in a different way. It also occurred with some other hair, but I can't remember what it was. (Filippa has since been revised to be a conforming hair, it seems.)

It also seems to be only an interaction with certain shapes at certain times, which makes it even weirder. With Filippa, I was using V6 with Zev0's Growing Up.

All that said, even though Filippa has been revised to be conforming, when I try to load it onto the same G2F figure with the teenage shape from Zev0's Growing Up, the hair doesn't conform. When I manually make it fit with the Fit To in Parameters, I still have the same problem with frozen arms and shoulders.

EDIT: I did exactly as you described, and deleted the shoulder and collar bones from Filippa, then saved it out as a new product with a different name so I wouldn't overwrite the old files. Then I loaded it on the same teenage shape that had experienced problems. Loaded in the right place and Fit To the character for the first time. Tried poses, and her arms were just fine. At least now I know how to fix it if I ever run across the other thing that gave me issues. For what it's worth, when I saved Filippa out, it was set to be only a Follower, and not Follower > Hair, and it didn't have a compatibility base. How much of that came as a result of the editing process itself, I don't know. Anyway, it's fine now.

Post edited by vwrangler on
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

Just heard from a vendor friend of mine on Renderosity. Jo is TRYING to support DAZ Studio users but her uberSurface shader is coming out WHITE in the render. She's wondering if DAZ is no longer providing this shader free with DS. I don't think that's the issue but in order to resolve this I need to try to help her if I can but don't know much about these shaders.

Below you can see the render to the left is what she's referring to. She's tested this out on her own system and it's doing the same thing with this new release.

HELP??

download.php_.jpg
    200 x 150 - 14K
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Did she download/install the Default Lights and Shaders for DAZ Studio ?
    Since one or two versions they are an extra download.
    http://www.daz3d.com/downloader/customer/files/#prod_13176

• ioanna72ioanna72 Posts: 2
    edited December 1969

Problem solved, Client needed to load UberSurface in Beta version:)

Many thanks, both of you for the valued help!!!!

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

Hi Jo, Sorry hon, I use DIM to download and install my stuff these days so I had no idea that it was a separate download. I'm glad it's resolved! :-)

• ioanna72ioanna72 Posts: 2
    edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    Hi Jo, Sorry hon, I use DIM to download and install my stuff these days so I had no idea that it was a separate download. I'm glad it's resolved! :-)

Me too, but i didn't notice the extra zip....LOL

Thanks again, for all:)

• jean_paul_baconjean_paul_bacon Posts: 55
    edited December 1969

What a mess for me ! lol

Both new versions 32 and 64 bits doesn't work and crash for me - The DAZ Install Manager do the same ...
    Now i'm unnable to do anything with this sorftware.
    How sould i do first to find a way to get it work ? I hope i will not have to re-install everythings ...

No No, don't tell me i'm punished because i was a bad guy this year ! And Santa gripped me just until christmass !

By the way, Have a good holidays all !

:-)

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

JayPeeBee said:
    What a mess for me ! lol

Both new versions 32 and 64 bits doesn't work and crash for me - The DAZ Install Manager do the same ...
    How sould i do first to find a way to get it work ? I hope i will not have to re-install everythings ...

No No, don't tell me i'm punished because i was a bad guy this year ! And Santa gripped me just until christmass !

At what point do they crash? Are there any error messages?

• Blaine91555Blaine91555 Posts: 148
    edited December 1969

This looks like the place. While trying to figure out why the new Lion and Lioness with fur won't load without Studio crashing even though all the other cats load fine, I ran into something that may be an issue with Studio. This general release is all I have installed.

I put up some monitors to see what was going on at the time of the crash and found and strange issue. Studio is only using 2 cores (4 threads) and when it hits 25% of my RAM it crashes. Only the Lion and Lioness take the RAM to 25%, so there is nothing wrong with them.

I opened various softwares like Vue Infinite 2014, Lightwave 64 bit and others to see if it was a hardware issue or something, but all other software tested uses all 8 threads and can use all the memory just fine. This only seems to be related to Studio. Any idea's or what can I do to figure this out. Is this a known thing with Studio?

Filed a ticket with and uploaded the info. Please let me know if you are seeing this or know a solution. I've never seen this with any software. I don't know where to start looking.

Is there some place I'm not finding where I can see if it sees all 8 cores?

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited December 2013

If you are on Windows, and bring up Windows Task Manager. In the Performance tab, watch the CPU Usage History for a minute to see where it's at normally, then start the render. Assuming nothing else also started using the CPU at the exact same moment, it should be obvious. In this screen shot, you can see that at the exact moment it started rendering (after optimizing images for a bit), all 6 CPUs maxed out at 100% and are staying there (and when the render ends, they should drop back.)
    screenshot,_windows_task_manager_during_render.png
    665 x 726 - 33K
    Post edited by sriesch on
    edited December 1969

Hi and Thank you for your help,

For studio (32 and 64), both are crashing on the initial intro screen presenting daz logo and version, so i can't tell you more, there is no message following or opening, telling me to send info to daz.

For DIM, the crash occurs at the beguinning too (just before the screen appear), telling me to contact daz for help.

In anycases described, i started the program as an administrator and also as non administrator.

Thank You again

JayPeeBee said:
    What a mess for me ! lol

• JonnyRayJonnyRay Posts: 1,744
    edited December 1969

Long shot ... is there anything in the Windows Event Logs to show an application failure?

• cm152335cm152335 Posts: 421
    edited December 2013

If you are on Windows, and bring up Windows Task Manager. In the Performance tab,

i think the faster way is to use other combination key for task manager

Ctrl + Shift + ESC (instead of Ctrl+Alt+Del)

with that combination you don't have the "user" menu,
    task manager open direct to your screen!

-and only one hand it needs. :-)

- to view all cores instead of one in task manager, check the up menu "VIEW"
    you can choice to view all cores or only one!

Post edited by cm152335 on
  • jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449
    edited December 1969

Right-clicking in the Task Bar is the easiest way to bring up Task Manager.

edited December 1969

Re hi !

After rebooting my computer and re-installed daz studio ( 32 and 64) without DIM, the software has been able to work. The only thing in both case was the content manager server has stopped working.

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: ContentManagementServer.exe
    Application Version: 0.0.0.0
    Application Timestamp: 4d0cdcb3
    Fault Module Name: vkernel_release_x64.dll
    Fault Module Version: 4.8.0.0
    Fault Module Timestamp: 4d0cdc5b
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: 0000000000386774
    OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
    Locale ID: 3084
    Additional Information 1: 1959
    Additional Information 2:

7d951020c6cbdaa18eb870bfac003a81
    Additional Information 3: 591d
    Additional Information 4:

51c1ec0dd08c6706af38f97a55c750de

And now for Daz Content Install Manager, i can download files, but when i try to install the files it crashe ...
    here is the message

Install Manager has encountered a fatal error, and must close.

Exception Reason

Daz3Dim.exe caused unknown_error in module "

C:\windows\sysnow64\kernel32.dll" at 0023:770bd8cb,

RaisException()+89 byte(s).

EAX=129CCF08 EBX=05F69B84 ECX=00000003

EDX=00000000
    ESI=05F69B20 EDI=129CD060 FLG=00000212
    EBP=129CCF58 ESP=129CCF08 EIP=770BD8CB
    CS=0023 DS=002B SS=002B ES=002B FS=0053 GS=002B

Stack Trace

Address Function

In all cases, i tryed as an administrator or user. Same start same bugs ...

Because i installed daz manually, there is a still in the DCIM, showing daz studio update to install, seem my DCIM is not updated but the version of the DCIM is 1.0.1.108.

Again for Studio this is the latest version 4.6.1.39 PRO

Hope it could help a bit.

Thank you all for your help !

JayPeeBee said:
    What a mess for me ! lol

• JonnyRayJonnyRay Posts: 1,744
    edited December 1969

This line in that log file concerns me...

Exception Reason

Daz3Dim.exe caused unknown_error in module ”

C:\windows\sysnow64\kernel32.dll”

That DLL it is referencing is a system DLL for Windows. Are you completely up to date on your Windows Updates? All .Net updates, etc.?