Olympia 6 Discussion and Render Thread (previously Olympia 6 Preview Thread)

Comments

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited December 1969

I'm always looking. I have a lot of the darker, or different skin tones that have been offered here. Rob, Marie, Natasha, Adriana, and several of Morris' and some others that I am having a senior moment on and am too lazy too look up. :-) Always looking for more variety. Variety is good.

Well I know my stance on it; I'm not believing the hype to invest time on it when I know other projects will recoup my investment. You see things put in the store for a reason and it's not for it to sit in the store not making money.

Anyway, I said I was going to post it when the render thread was available... so yeah, I went there.

WentThere.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 653K
  • LyonessLyoness Posts: 1,606
    edited December 1969

Anyway, I said I was going to post it when the render thread was available... so yeah, I went there.

Love love LOVE the pic!!

• cwichuracwichura Posts: 1,042
    edited December 1969

I was surprised that Olympia did not include any HD morphs, though I suppose with the DAZ pipeline, she may have been completed six or more months ago for all we know. But I'm sort of assuming that new DAZ Original characters should all include HD morphs now that the tech is out there...

• brainmuffinbrainmuffin Posts: 1,142
    edited December 1969

maraich said:
    Has anybody actually bought her? I see a lot of questions, and few answers.
    Was thinking something similar.
  • Rayman29Rayman29 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Anyone know how many JCMs come with Olympia?

• Subtropic PixelSubtropic Pixel Posts: 2,378
    edited December 1969

This is so soo sooooo weird. When I logged on this morning and first saw the big huge Olympia 6 banner, I was instantly in love; but didn't really figure out why and couldn't because I had to go to work. So now upon second viewing, I figured out how and why.

She looks like an amalgamation of five of my prior girlfriends! Legs from one, hips from another, face from a third, shoulders and arms from a fourth, and belly/torso from a fifth.

I do have such good taste! :coolsmile: But how did DAZ get inside my head? :red:

So yeah, I'll buy this one; Pro Bundle all the way; it's just a matter of timing so that I don't miss a mortgage payment. She's so well done, I won't even ask for any money for having dated all five of her first! Thank you DAZ!

• BurstAngelBurstAngel Posts: 761
    edited December 1969

Honestly It would be nice to have more variety of white skin textures WITH DIFFERENT UNDERTONES. Not all white people have pink or yellow undertones. A good Olive tone white skin texture is harder to find than a black skin texture. If you get the undertone right, then using the diffuse setting on the surface becomes a lot easier if you want to go dark.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,518
    edited December 1969

Sir Mix-A-Lot just suddenly got interested in 3D art.

LOL,yep,baby got back for sure. No interest in this figure other than doing a render of her on a StairMaster, LOL. Some very cool clothing and character textures though.

• AprilYSHAprilYSH Posts: 1,481
    edited December 1969

I like Olympia's waist and hips which I can't reproduce without Olympia or make my own custom morph. Here's a test render next to V6, and a bald test render mixed with Gia for more flesh and muscle. (Kalypso Hair coming very soon, but nope I don't know about the prehistoric princess hair lol)

olympia+gia2.jpg
    692 x 900 - 37K
    olympiav6.jpg
    644 x 899 - 64K
  • maraichmaraich Posts: 489
    edited December 2013

Dang it, I was really hoping that it was one of your hair sets, April. You make the best hair. Kalypso looks quite nice too, so at least I can get my April fix that way.

Post edited by maraich on
  • mark128mark128 Posts: 1,029
    edited December 1969

maraich said:
    Has anybody actually bought her? I see a lot of questions, and few answers.

People who have bought her are busy putting her to good use in renders rather than monitoring this thread for questions.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,246
    edited December 1969

maraich said:
    Dang it, I was really hoping that it was one of your hair sets, April. You make the best hair. Kalypso looks quite nice too, so at least I can get my April fix that way.

Makes me think it might be one of SAV's, but I could be completely wrong about that.

• maraichmaraich Posts: 489
    edited December 1969

JOdel said:
    maraich said:

Makes me think it might be one of SAV's, but I could be completely wrong about that.

It's fun to speculate though. I thought it might be one of Neftis', but the texture color doesn't look right to me.

• Kaleb242Kaleb242 Posts: 344
    edited December 1969

At first I was very skeptical about Olympia, as it appeared to be trying to achieve exactly the same thing as Gia which also came with a skimpy version of greek inspired clothing. Now I'm reconsidering... the wider hips and natural curves are much more appealing for fantasy renders along the lines of Frank Frazetta, Boris Vallejo, Julie Bell, Jeff Jones, Joe Jusko, Gerald Brom, Dorian Cleavenger etc...

• Kaleb242Kaleb242 Posts: 344
    edited December 1969

Anyone know how I can achieve the same gold shown in this render of poses for Olympia?

http://www.daz3d.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/_/p/_product-page_simplyolympiaposes_.jpg

_product-page_simplyolympiaposes_.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 301K
  • KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854
    edited December 1969

My guess on the gold would be a preset from one of these sets. I am inclined to think it is the first one but could be wrong.

DZ's real metal: http://www.daz3d.com/shaders-materials/real-metals-for-daz-studio

Eva1's Metalize! http://www.daz3d.com/shaders-materials/metalize-shader-presets-for-daz-studio

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,552
    edited December 1969

I have to say I really like Olympia and her default skin texture a great deal. It looks realistic to me, and also applies well to v6. I also love the hips which are lovely and natural given her size. Whoever did the default texture did an excellent job of making the skins look golden and lovely without the headbloom which was on default v6 and quite distracts me.

One thing I have noticed is a seam that runs from her navel to her groin, and one around her waist. It is very small and hardly visible but there. Since I don't tend to render nudes, this isn't an issue for me, but wondering if anyone else has noticed this?

Anyway, while I don't particularly find the clothing in the bundle to my taste, I think the default figure is very well done, and the texture quite nice.

Thanks for making a great character DAZ! I can see she will be of quite use, and the skin as well!

• DecoyboyDecoyboy Posts: 490
    edited December 2013

Not a fan of the pro bundle, clothes just aren't doing it for me. I like things to be covered and practical. Anyhoo, the deal with the pro bundle is great though. You can buy the pro bundle and Carrara 8.5 pro for $121.08 and $105.08 if you get Olympia 6 base and Carrara 8.5 pro. $6 less if you use your PC coupon. THAT IS LESS THAN WHAT CARRARA IS FOR PC MEMEMBERS!! If only it would work on M6.

Post edited by Decoyboy on
    edited December 1969

Here is Olympia in the courtyard. Uploaded a version of this earlier today in another thread, but have played with the lighting a bit.

olympia2d.jpg
    900 x 1200 - 763K
  • Alethas FantasyAlethas Fantasy Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

In the Snowball for today it says:

Yesterday's Featured Items
    Last chance to get a snowball for these items!

Olympia 6 Pro Bundle was in Yesterday's Snowball Featured Items.

She isn't in there today.

Did they forget her?

• ZamuelNowZamuelNow Posts: 753
    edited December 1969

Silver said:
    Kattey said:
    maraich said:
    What about Nidale? She looks bronzed to me.

http://www.daz3d.com/new-releases/nidale

Almost here, at my opinion, still a bit pale and not really dark character, but I wonder if promo lights have anything to do with it. Can anybody render her with neutral lights?
    Hm, I wonder if Karma will ever be released

The promos are gorgeous but the lighting makes her almost white to me. . . She was to be a 'light' african character. Here are some of my original promo shots using the lights that come with my Antheia character showing her skin coloring how it rendered for me.

These promos are great and I'd have preferred them over what was used in the store. Bare minimum, they should have used a darker colored hair than what they did but it's too late for that I guess.

• Alethas FantasyAlethas Fantasy Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I was going to get her yesterday but didn't have time, went to go get her now &Olympia; 6 Pro Bundle
    $61.23 with out the snowball, she should of been in today's like all the rest, I was going to pay the 48.98 but can't now. :(

• CzexanaCzexana Posts: 167
    edited December 1969

I'm wondering something about FW Diana - in what way is Olympia a required product?

The head and body morphs are custom and Olympia isn't dialled in at all from the preset character. The UV set used is V5.

I think the character looks great, but I was just wondering ...

edited December 1969

czexana said:
    I'm wondering something about FW Diana - in what way is Olympia a required product?

The head and body morphs are custom and Olympia isn't dialled in at all from the preset character. The UV set used is V5.

I have wondered this too. Kori and Nidale also don't seem to be using the Olympia shape or UVs, but still list Olympia 6 as a required product.

• AprilYSHAprilYSH Posts: 1,481
    edited December 2013

maraich said:

Aww thanks maraich!
    Kalypso is out and the mysterious End of Summer hair is also out now, and it's cheap for PC members!
    (It's the beginning of summer where I am... haha)

Post edited by AprilYSH on
  • JessaiiJessaii Posts: 845
    edited December 1969

mark128 said:
    czexana said:

I have wondered this too. Kori and Nidale also don't seem to be using the Olympia shape or UVs, but still list Olympia 6 as a required product.

Kori uses 0.70 of Olympia. Nidale uses 0.50 of Olympia. They both use G2 Female UV's

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470
    edited December 1969

For us no longer PC members...what is the PC cost for End of Summer hair (and colors add-on)? May make it worth the join again for me :)

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 2013

Hair 1.99
    Colours 1.99
    (Hair for Generation4 1.99)

:)

Edited to add: links to PC membership
    http://www.daz3d.com/platinum-club-quarterly
    or
    http://www.daz3d.com/platinum-club-annual

Post edited by Kerya on
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,300
    edited December 1969

3doutlaw said:
    For us no longer PC members...what is the PC cost for End of Summer hair (and colors add-on)? May make it worth the join again for me :)

At the moment they are all $1.99 each
    Whether one or all of these will go to Value items at some point is not know then they would be $2.99 each