Olympia 6 Discussion and Render Thread (previously Olympia 6 Preview Thread)

Comments

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470
    edited December 2013

Thanks Kerya!

The hair is great and I am sure people will enjoy using it on the official DAZ release of this new character that we are discussing in this thread!

(Re-edited to be on topic)

Post edited by 3dOutlaw on
  • JonnyRayJonnyRay Posts: 1,744
    edited December 1969

Didn't read all 13 pages :) but I have seen some questions / comments about the differences between Victoria 6, Gia, and Olympia. Watma Scunn, one of the DAZ artists on Facebook, posted a comparison render he did. Comparision of Vicky6, Gia and Olympia

• Muon QuarkMuon Quark Posts: 541
    edited December 1969

JonnyRay said:
    Didn't read all 13 pages :) but I have seen some questions / comments about the differences between Victoria 6, Gia, and Olympia. Watma Scunn, one of the DAZ artists on Facebook, posted a comparison render he did. Comparision of Vicky6, Gia and Olympia

They look the same to me, with only slight variations IMO.

• Mr Gneiss GuyMr Gneiss Guy Posts: 462
    edited December 1969

I have to say I really like Olympia and her default skin texture a great deal. It looks realistic to me, and also applies well to v6. I also love the hips which are lovely and natural given her size. Whoever did the default texture did an excellent job of making the skins look golden and lovely without the headbloom which was on default v6 and quite distracts me.

One thing I have noticed is a seam that runs from her navel to her groin, and one around her waist. It is very small and hardly visible but there. Since I don't tend to render nudes, this isn't an issue for me, but wondering if anyone else has noticed this?

Anyway, while I don't particularly find the clothing in the bundle to my taste, I think the default figure is very well done, and the texture quite nice.

Thanks for making a great character DAZ! I can see she will be of quite use, and the skin as well!

What shading rate do you use? I don't have Olympia yet, but on other textures, such as the old Amy Elite texture, if you dropped the shading rate the seams went away. If you use the default 1.00 try lowering it to .20 or so.

• mark128mark128 Posts: 1,029
    edited December 1969

Silver said:
    mark128 said:
    czexana said:
    I'm wondering something about FW Diana - in what way is Olympia a required product?

The head and body morphs are custom and Olympia isn't dialled in at all from the preset character. The UV set used is V5.

I think the character looks great, but I was just wondering ...

I have wondered this too. Kori and Nidale also don't seem to be using the Olympia shape or UVs, but still list Olympia 6 as a required product.

Kori uses 0.70 of Olympia. Nidale uses 0.50 of Olympia. They both use G2 Female UV's

Perhaps this is hidden somehow. I don't see it on the shaping tab. When I select "Currently Used", it only shows the character head and body shape as used.

• DamselDamsel Posts: 374
    edited December 1969

I bought Victoria 6 pro, which of course came with her anatomy figure. Which I have applied. Now I have these textures I've bought during the Olympia offering. None seem to have a mat for her anatomy. Is it hidden somewhere, or do artists simply not bother with creating a texture for it? If not, shouldn't there be a note somewhere that informs customers that a texture for the anatomy is not included? Perhaps Daz should simply issue a fig leaf with the character...

And if it's hidden, WTF? Why isn't it with the rest of the textures?

• JabbaJabba Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

Not had much time to do any renders recently, but here's a quick test of Nidale and Olympia (with a smidge of Curvaceous Olympia 6)

Olympia_and_Nidale.jpg
    1546 x 2000 - 1021K
  • KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854
    edited December 1969

I've done two very basic renders to show just how different the three figures are. Perhaps they illustrate better just how different the figure shapes are. You will not a rather large difference in not just size but shape of both breast and buttocks on Olympia.

Side_view.png
    500 x 650 - 184K
    Backview.png
    500 x 650 - 217K
  • DZ_jaredDZ_jared Posts: 1,316
    edited December 1969

Damsel said:
    I bought Victoria 6 pro, which of course came with her anatomy figure. Which I have applied. Now I have these textures I've bought during the Olympia offering. None seem to have a mat for her anatomy. Is it hidden somewhere, or do artists simply not bother with creating a texture for it? If not, shouldn't there be a note somewhere that informs customers that a texture for the anatomy is not included? Perhaps Daz should simply issue a fig leaf with the character...

And if it's hidden, WTF? Why isn't it with the rest of the textures?

Female genitalia use the same texture as the hip. You essentially just need to select the genitalia and then apply the hip texture for the figure to it.

If you didn't purchase the pro bundle you probably did not get the custom Olympia UV for the Genitalia, so the Olympia texture may have some distortion.

edited December 1969

In the Snowball for today it says:

Yesterday's Featured Items
    Last chance to get a snowball for these items!

Olympia 6 Pro Bundle was in Yesterday's Snowball Featured Items.

She isn't in there today.

Did they forget her?

There was a mixup. She's back in the snowball. Today is the last day to get a snowball for the Olympia 6 Pro bundle though.

• RenpatsuRenpatsu Posts: 828
    edited December 2013

mark128 said:
    Silver said:
    mark128 said:
    czexana said:
    I'm wondering something about FW Diana - in what way is Olympia a required product?

The head and body morphs are custom and Olympia isn't dialled in at all from the preset character. The UV set used is V5.

I think the character looks great, but I was just wondering ...

I have wondered this too. Kori and Nidale also don't seem to be using the Olympia shape or UVs, but still list Olympia 6 as a required product.

Kori uses 0.70 of Olympia. Nidale uses 0.50 of Olympia. They both use G2 Female UV's

Perhaps this is hidden somehow. I don't see it on the shaping tab. When I select "Currently Used", it only shows the character head and body shape as used.

With Kori I don't see the Olympia body getting dialed in, however, there is 0.70 of the Olympia head. For Nidale it is similar, Olympia body morph is at 0 while the head is at 0.50.

Post edited by Renpatsu on
  • ISIKOLISIKOL Posts: 386
    edited December 1969

A tribute to Boris Valejo and his piece named "Αstarte"..but this time featuring Genesis 2 female - Olympia 6 character with some morph fixes directly out of Poser pro 2014 and Octane renderer...a few hours of postwork in photoshop to bring it closer to the oil techique of Boris...hope you like it!

final2.jpg
    600 x 800 - 263K
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Please remember that this is an Official Daz 3D release Thread, so Off Topic conversations will be removed.

• JessaiiJessaii Posts: 845
    edited December 1969

Renpatsu said:

With Kori I don't see the Olympia body getting dialed in, however, there is 0.70 of the Olympia head. For Nidale it is similar, Olympia body morph is at 0 while the head is at 0.50.

Odd Ill have to recheck the final files the body morphs should have matched the head morph dials.

• RenpatsuRenpatsu Posts: 828
    edited December 1969

Here is a screen shot for Kori. I had display hidden properties enabled.

Screen_Shot_2013-12-18_at_9.02_.33_PM_.png
    373 x 158 - 26K
  • Alethas FantasyAlethas Fantasy Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

DAZ_jared said:
    In the Snowball for today it says:

Yesterday's Featured Items
    Last chance to get a snowball for these items!

Olympia 6 Pro Bundle was in Yesterday's Snowball Featured Items.

She isn't in there today.

Did they forget her?

There was a mixup. She's back in the snowball. Today is the last day to get a snowball for the Olympia 6 Pro bundle though.

OMG Thank you, I got Olympia 6 Pro Bundle & products to go with her to play with. lol :) :) :)

• AprilYSHAprilYSH Posts: 1,481
    edited December 1969

Isikol said:
    A tribute to Boris Valejo and his piece named "Αstarte"..but this time featuring Genesis 2 female - Olympia 6 character with some morph fixes directly out of Poser pro 2014 and Octane renderer...a few hours of postwork in photoshop to bring it closer to the oil techique of Boris...hope you like it!

wow! hope you put that in the daz gallery, you've probably got a high chance of winning in the next round! (especially if you tag it with Olympia6 lol, just a guess)

• Alethas FantasyAlethas Fantasy Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

AprilYSH said:
    Isikol said:

wow! hope you put that in the daz gallery, you've probably got a high chance of winning in the next round! (especially if you tag it with Olympia6 lol, just a guess)

I Totally AGREE!!!

That is a Spectacular piece of Art, Unique Design! :)

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
    edited December 1969

My first render of Olympia...I think she may be my favorite.

olympia.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 496K
    edited December 1969

Renpatsu said:

I have figured out some of why I was seeing different results than Renpatsu.

If I load Genesis 2 Female base and apply the Kori body and head shapes, I get the Olympia Head shape at 0.7.

If I load the Kori actor in DAZ Formats -> -> People -> Genesis 2 Female -> Characters, then I get only the Kori body and head shape with no Olympia head or body shape.

I would expect these two methods to produce the same character. I think the head shape actually is slightly different.

• JessaiiJessaii Posts: 845
    edited December 1969

mark128 said:
    Renpatsu said:

If I load Genesis 2 Female base and apply the Kori body and head shapes, I get the Olympia Head shape at 0.7.

If I load the Kori actor in DAZ Formats -> -> People -> Genesis 2 Female -> Characters, then I get only the Kori body and head shape with no Olympia head or body shape.

I would expect these two methods to produce the same character. I think the head shape actually is slightly different.

That could be why then. I dont make the actor files so perhaps something got left out when they were being made ill let the powers that be know. Cause they should produce the same results for sure :)

edited December 2013

Silver said:
    mark128 said:
    Renpatsu said:

That could be why then. I dont make the actor files so perhaps something got left out when they were being made ill let the powers that be know. Cause they should produce the same results for sure :)

I did some more experimentation and what I've discovered is that "Currently Used" does not always tell you the truth about what is currently used.

When I load the Kori actor, and show Currently Used on the shaping tab, it show me only Kori Body and Kori Head at 1.0. This is with "Show Hidden Properties" selected.

When I go into the Head -> People -> Real World, it shows Kori Head at 1.0 and Olympia Head at 0.7.

The Olympia Head shape morph is there, but something has been done in the actor so that it does not show in Currently Used.

Post edited by mark128 on
  • ISIKOLISIKOL Posts: 386
    edited December 1969

@APRILYSH
    @ATHENAS FANTASY

thank you very much guys :)
    lets hope that Daz people are thinking like you and give a chance to a poor poser user like myself... :D

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 95,997
    edited December 1969

mark128 said:
    Silver said:
    mark128 said:
    Renpatsu said:

I did some more experimentation and what I've discovered is that "Currently Used" does not always tell you the truth about what is currently used.

When I load the Kori actor, and show Currently Used on the shaping tab, it show me only Kori Body and Kori Head at 1.0. This is with "Show Hidden Properties" selected.

When I go into the Head -> People -> Real World, it shows Kori Head at 1.0 and Olympia Head at 0.7.

The Olympia Head shape morph is there, but something has been done in the actor so that it does not show in Currently Used.

That indicates that the state of the figure was memorised with all but the custom morphs already set - Currently Used shows not non-zero properties but those that differ from their memorised values.

• BarubaryBarubary Posts: 1,200
    edited December 1969

maraich said:
    Barubary said:
    I don't really like the outfits, Jungle Girl might work for, well, jungle girl characters, but it looks to me as if the loincloth might have been rigged to the legs in which case it is pretty much unusable. Not sure about this. There's a Bobby25 outfit that has morphs, which is a really big step forward so that's something.

I would very much like to know if the Jungle Girl outfit is rigged in this manner. That very thing is what has kept me from buying any of Bobby25's items since I discovered that 'feature". It would also be nice to know if the Prehistoric Princess gets away from that. If both items still have the loincloth stuck to the thighs then I'll know to steer clear of the Pro Bundle.

As far as I can tell, the Jungle Girl loincloth is rigged to the thighs. It does have a few morphs to make up for that, so it's not completely useless, but like most items of that kind I have encountered at the DAZ store, it is very limited. Nothing I would normally spend money on.

• AprilYSHAprilYSH Posts: 1,481
    edited December 2013

Just note, pieces can be rigged to the bodyparts AND have their own bones (or even "bodyhandles") too by using overdriven weightmaps. Eg my latest hair follows the head, neck and collars but also have back, left and right bones if you dont want the pieces to just lay there. I haven't tried the loincloths yet but don't dismiss them just because they follow the thighs, check also if they have their own bones to pose too. Following the thighs is at least a start IMO better than just static pieces poking through limbs then you HAVE to pose. I prefer having both conforming AND custom bones on the pieces. Thought I'd mention overdriven weightmaps in case that's been overlooked :-)

Post edited by AprilYSH on
  • TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
    edited December 2013

I think she is pretty...Trish

oly.jpg
    941 x 653 - 294K
    Post edited by Trish on
  • KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
    edited December 1969

I think she is pretty...Trish

Very nice Trish, what lighting did you use?

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,296
    edited December 1969

I like her as well her body shape is nice and her face quite pretty.

Olympia1.jpg
    813 x 1200 - 358K
    edited December 1969

mark128 said:
    Silver said:
    mark128 said:
    Renpatsu said:

Currently used shows you properties that are at a different value than their default or load value. This means that if you load Genesis 2 Female and manually apply the Victoria 6 shape then the Victoria 6 slider will show up under currently used. If you load Victoria 6 directly into the scene the Victoria 6 slider will be set to 1, but it won't show up under currently used unless you change that value since "1" is the default state.