Olympia 6 Discussion and Render Thread (previously Olympia 6 Preview Thread)

Comments

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,246
    edited December 1969

Same here. Olympia Pro and the poses in the cart. BigCat 2 in my Purchase history. No discount.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,142
    edited December 1969

maraich said:
    She doesn't look Frazetta-ish to me either. She has more prominent hips than the previous characters, but Frazetta's ladies were a lot more chunky all over

May I draw your attention to the Curvaceous promos?

It's a really inspiring set you did hon. She's got some major junk in her trunk! lol

• KatteyKattey Posts: 2,899
    edited December 2013

Barubary said:
    I would say that there is no way a woman in fantasy 'should look like'. They dress according to whatever world they are from. People in the last century weren't 'wrong', nor are they today, it's just a question of style.
    Yes, but I'm just sad that words 'fantasy woman' invoked this kind of outfit and nothing better or even different than that. Like if you say 'Science Fiction' people start to reference Jules Verne and 'Aelita' and nothing else.

Also, looking at the bigger fantasy franchises of the last years, 'The Lord of the Rings', 'Harry Potter', 'Twilight', '(World of) Warcraft', 'Game of Thrones' and whatever, I would say that 'mainstream' fantasy has been about as clean and 'unpulpy'
    I won't call Games of Thrones 'clean' and I won't call "World of Warcraft" 'unpulpy' (I mean, just look at their armor)
    Or it's just placing itself on borderline erotica, just like always :D

Not disputing a long standing tradition of rendering Naked Vicky in a Temple with a Sword :p
    Wait, I have the idea of the contest!

The stuff I'm most interested in, as usual, is not in the bundle and, as usual, is made by SickleYield, although the included outfit also doesn't look too great. Least not in the promos. The braces by mattymanx look nice, too.
    The only outfit I like is pseudo-Grecian one T_T

Post edited by Kattey on
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882
    edited December 2013

And again, DAZ has released a real-world adult female where I have no incentive to get the bundles.

More skimpwear. Yawn. (I don't even have the energy to argue about it. I'll leave that to Kattey.)

More pretty white girls. Many of whom are very pretty, but still. I have an awful lot of them already.

Some cool hair.

Another body shape with her own UV that will probably not be used by any character outside of this initial release.

Sigh.

The M6 Pro bundle I was tripping over myself to get. The Girl 6 and Josie Pro bundles I like, but have not needed. (nor have finances matched up with sale dates.)

One of these days, I'll get around to getting the body shape, since it is nice. The hair, and maybe a couple of characters... when finances and project priority permit.

Post edited by DaWaterRat on
  • TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,221
    edited December 1969

Would someone with all the figures post a comparison shot of V6, Gia & Olympia with their default shapes and skins?

edited December 2013

More skimpwear. Yawn. (I don't even have the energy to argue about it. I'll leave that to Kattey.)
    I've made something (I think) is more constructive: there is a contest
    Don't know if it is productive or counter-productive to the idea and popularity of skimpwear, though ^_^""

More pretty white girls. Many of whom are very pretty, but still. I have an awful lot of them already.

Yeah, I was slightly surprised that nobody did a bronze or darker colored woman. I mean, if this is Frazetta-inspired release, his pictures seem to have some non-white females.
    Post edited by Kattey on
  • maraichmaraich Posts: 489
    edited December 1969

What about Nidale? She looks bronzed to me.

http://www.daz3d.com/new-releases/nidale

edited December 2013

maraich said:

Almost here, at my opinion, still a bit pale and not really dark character, but I wonder if promo lights have anything to do with it. Can anybody render her with neutral lights?
    Hm, I wonder if Karma will ever be released
    Post edited by Kattey on
  • Knight22179Knight22179 Posts: 1,195
    edited December 1969

My wallet loves me. :)

Thanks Daz. :D

• brainmuffinbrainmuffin Posts: 1,142
    edited December 1969

Anyone do any pics via LuxRender?

• Mr Gneiss GuyMr Gneiss Guy Posts: 462
    edited December 1969

Anyone know how tall she is by default?

edited December 1969

Has anybody actually bought her? I see a lot of questions, and few answers.

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,942
    edited December 1969

JOdel said:
    Same here. Olympia Pro and the poses in the cart. BigCat 2 in my Purchase history. No discount.

It now seems to be fixed.
  • 3Ddreamer3Ddreamer Posts: 1,276
    edited December 1969

DAZ_jared said:
    The Lady and the Lion Poses offer is a shopping cart rule, so you have to have the Pro Bundle in your shopping cart, and you have to own the Big Cat 2 already.

There was an issue with the rule earlier today, and some people who qualified for the offer didn't receive it. If you qualified for Lady and the Lion Poses but didn't receive them we will be adding them to your account. If you payed for them, but should have received them for free we'll be adding a credit to your account.

I'm still not getting it $0 - I have the DAZ Big Cat 2 but not interested in Olympia

• SedorSedor Posts: 1,764
    edited December 1969

TimG said:
    Would someone with all the figures post a comparison shot of V6, Gia & Olympia with their default shapes and skins?

Like this?

VickyGiaOlympia.jpg
    1250 x 1250 - 499K
  • TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,221
    edited December 1969

sedor said:
    TimG said:

Like this?

perfect, thanks

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,626
    edited December 1969

TimG said:
    sedor said:
    TimG said:

Like this?

perfect, thanks

Boom, 2d10 hips.

• JessaiiJessaii Posts: 845
    edited December 1969

Kattey said:
    maraich said:

Almost here, at my opinion, still a bit pale and not really dark character, but I wonder if promo lights have anything to do with it. Can anybody render her with neutral lights?

The promos are gorgeous but the lighting makes her almost white to me. . . She was to be a 'light' african character. Here are some of my original promo shots using the lights that come with my Antheia character showing her skin coloring how it rendered for me.

Nidale_05.jpg
    900 x 1200 - 401K
    Nidale_02.jpg
    900 x 1200 - 389K
    Nidale_01.jpg
    900 x 1200 - 395K
    edited December 1969

Silver said:
    Kattey said:
    maraich said:

The promos are gorgeous but the lighting makes her almost white to me. . . She was to be a 'light' african character. Here are some of my original promo shots using the lights that come with my Antheia character showing her skin coloring how it rendered for me.

Not that those are bad promos, they're lovely, but she's coming out more coffee-with-a-little-cream in my current render, which is more as I hoped she would be (a nice rich brown).

edited December 2013

Silver said:
    Kattey said:
    maraich said:

Nice promos, indeed.
    OK, so we have one non-white character out of... well... at least we have one in this release, maybe more will follow :)
    Where is Karma, I wonder. Did I miss her?

Post edited by Kattey on
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882
    edited December 1969

Silver said:
    Kattey said:
    maraich said:

Well, that bumps her up on the priority list. :)

• JessaiiJessaii Posts: 845
    edited December 1969

Kattey said:

OK, so we have one non-white character out of... well... at least we have one in this release, maybe more will follow :)

I do have another not yet released who is darker skinned also - Cassia. She was my fun semi-egyptian/grecian/roman/what have you character lol. She is on page one somewhere. Trying to get more variety into these sets we put out here at Daz. Its hard cause as many people ask for the darker skinned characters they still dont sell as well as 'another pale white girl' does lol. But trying to break it up into different tones anyways cause variety is the spice of life right? lol

edited December 1969

Silver said:
    Kattey said:

I do have another not yet released who is darker skinned also - Cassia. She was my fun semi-egyptian/grecian/roman/what have you character lol. She is on page one somewhere. Trying to get more variety into these sets we put out here at Daz. Its hard cause as many people ask for the darker skinned characters they still dont sell as well as 'another pale white girl' does lol. But trying to break it up into different tones anyways cause variety is the spice of life right? lol
    I absolutely can't talk for everybody but for me a character vendor who at least tries to put out some variety for undersupported themes (be it male, dark-skinned, drastic bodyart, etc) instead of making just pretty pale girls with or without tattoos, - earns more of my attention and, eventually, support ^_^"

edited December 1969

Silver said:
    Kattey said:

There's SOME sort of demand for it. The G2F Faces of Africa set did well, better than I was expecting from what I'd been hearing to that point. Not as crazy well as Faces of Asia, but certainly enough to justify time spent. And anyway it logically SHOULD sell the best; Asia is the most populous continent. XD

Anyway, I think Nidale is beautiful, I love having her in my library, and I hope she produces enough return on your investment to make it worth doing some more lovely colorful people.

• Mr Gneiss GuyMr Gneiss Guy Posts: 462
    edited December 1969

I'm always looking. I have a lot of the darker, or different skin tones that have been offered here. Rob, Marie, Natasha, Adriana, and several of Morris' and some others that I am having a senior moment on and am too lazy too look up. :-) Always looking for more variety. Variety is good.

• ShibaShakeShibaShake Posts: 286
    edited December 1969

maraich said:
    Can someone please tell me what hair is shown in the main promo for the Prehistoric Princess outfit? Does it already exist and I'm oblivious, or is it something that will be coming out?

I would really like to know this too. Anybody know what hair that is?

• Mr BowenMr Bowen Posts: 377
    edited December 1969

If the body morph is mixed with her polar opposite, Josie, would one be able to come up with a shape closer to this?

Maria_for_Olympia.jpg
    1569 x 748 - 875K
    edited December 1969

I'm always looking. I have a lot of the darker, or different skin tones that have been offered here. Rob, Marie, Natasha, Adriana, and several of Morris' and some others that I am having a senior moment on and am too lazy too look up. :-) Always looking for more variety. Variety is good.

Maybe you're thinking of RawArt? He's done some very nice non-white characters - some of my favorites.

• SedorSedor Posts: 1,764
    edited December 1969

My first render with Olympia (solo):

2013-12-08_Olympia_Floor_web.jpg
    1500 x 1125 - 288K
  • riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,404
    edited December 1969

sedor said:
    TimG said:

Like this?

Thanks for posting that. It not only shows off the faces and figures, but the skin textures. I really like the face on Olympia, and I could find some uses for the body blended with some other shapes.

Yeah, it would be nice to have some other skin options for other ethnicities, but I've got Gen 4 & Gen 5 skins I can use atm. I think I may pick Olympia up this weekend; I need to look at the bundles to see if there's anything else I want. I really wish DAZ didn't release anything new around the holidays; there would be less temptation to spend my money.