Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 6

Comments

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

Meanwhile, I've been playing with David & Horo's metals.

For this one, I took the Channel A (corrosion_4) and I changed the filter to X(a*curvature+b) in the DTE. Then put in a negative value to make the rusty bits the main texture and the greyer bits show up more on the curves.

Lit with Bryce sun and IBL using an HDRI I made from the sky, rendered using TA @ 32RPP and depth of field. Render time 32 minutes.

BuddhaRusty.jpg
    650 x 650 - 156K
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,111
    edited December 1969

@user.operator - good use of being bored. Like it. Your dragon looks great. The more faces it has, the longer the render. When I converted the dragons (and other models) from the Stanford Scanning Repository, I reduced the models in several steps and saved each version. High resolution is not always required. It depends on render size and materials used on it.

@franontheedge - volumetric world, takes ages to render but it looks quite natural. Just if the sun shines through the door. I like the kitchen, very nice details with the outdoors through the window. Cleaner than mine, the kitchen I must say.

@Trish - nice kitten you have here. Dave is right about the eyes. Fur, like skin, is difficult to get right in Bryce.

@David - the second one looks particularly nice. The first too, but it's a bit on the busy side, though nothing wrong with this.

@Dave - the statue looks very convincing.

Since everyone wants dragons, here we are. I used the 1/16th resolution, usually I go for the 1/64th of original resolution. The result is quite different, the render time as well.

I'm not always very fond of dragons. When I made another panorama for a light probe two days ago, I was cornered by two of those guys. They guarded both ways back even the one leading to the river.

fork35.jpg
    1204 x 400 - 156K
    Shapes05.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 149K
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Completely changing the subject. Has anyone spotted this superb gallery. Unfortunately he hasn't tagged anything, but I think that at least some of his work is done in Bryce. https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#users/8837/

• TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
    edited December 2013

chohole: boy we think alike...I was just going to talk about this artist the stuff is Awesome!!!!

Dave: good tip about the eyes I will try that ...Thanks...very nice Budda

Horo: the fur is impossible unless you are one of the lucky five that can get the LAMH product to work...Sorry but true been at this for 3 days now

David: you are killing me....I want this product so bad I am ready to get on a plane fly to England and kidnap it.....

Guss: yes a snowball...someone is going to get pelted...wonder who??

Trish

Post edited by Trish on
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Completely changing the subject. Has anyone spotted this superb gallery. Unfortunately he hasn't tagged anything, but I think that at least some of his work is done in Bryce. https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#users/8837/

I've seen part of his work already, the western themes are in my memory. I thought it was on Renderosity in the Bryce gallery, but there's nothing. The name is familiar to me and several of his works were made in Bryce.
    edited December 1969

don't know if I can do this but here is his website...the artist in question..... http://dietercarlton.com/AboutDigitalArt.html

• David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 2013

chohole said:

Yeah, it's disappointing how few people are using the gallery features to link to what is used or provide tags for searching, or even a bit of a description. The aim for most seems to be to flood as much stuff onto the servers as possible - maybe they think they will sort it out later? Anyhow, I'm still faffing with mirrors.

Edit. Oh great work with the textrure Dave! The curvature works well for high poly models and the setup is convincing, light is good too. Indeed, it's all good!

Horo, again, interesting results, I like these dragons as you know, but maybe we need to tame some more for the sake of variety?

Abstract_horizon4_wip2ht6_detail2.jpg
    1511 x 850 - 1M
    Mirrored_box_ht1.jpg
    1511 x 850 - 386K
    Post edited by David Brinnen on
    edited December 2013

I put my scrip in this one... http://www.daz3d.com/forums/index.php?&ACT=50&fid=2&aid=113857_f2grgtd19f4xZclQJWC5&board_id=1
    sorry guys I am getting tired of the half naked women in the gallery......my bad...LOL

David: In this case I like number 2 better it makes me feel like I am walking through a future wire expo......pretty cool!! Trish

Post edited by Trish on
    edited December 1969

@Trish - Dieter Carlton has many exposures. Just google his name. Nice render with that guy and the kitten. I miss purple ... ;-P

@David - thank you, renders quickly but the AAing took forever. Nice results from you. The second one looks a bit like vegetation in a huge greenhouse. I like the concentric circle effect.

edited December 2013

Thank you David and Horo: The golden light is really cool got the sky to a purple flavor.....and thanks Dave...I used green glass for his eyes looks much better.....This is the Puma from the Big cat2....oh yes I put it dead center cause I was paying attention to the purple sky....I believe the ground is your material also...from another product I bought awhile back.......Trish

Puma2.jpg
    1158 x 578 - 707K
    Post edited by Trish on
    edited December 1969

@Trish - that would be Ground Texture Tiles and Matching Terrain. Looking good under the golden light. Puma looks great, too. Sizes of puma and mountains seem to be a bit out of scale, more so if we look at the shadow; but the puma is the focus, no need to worry about details. Colours do match nicely.

I've been playing with our new toy (presently in QA) using 3 spheres, gels and HDRI from inside. The first was rendered with max ray depth of 4, the second with 5. The third is a detail out of the first.

Circles_4-02.jpg
    492 x 800 - 102K
    Circles_5-01.jpg
    800 x 800 - 125K
    Circles_4-01.jpg
    800 x 800 - 77K
    edited December 2013

Horo: I guess I need more work on this picture I was shooting for him jumping from one ledge to another.....maybe I should re-shape my ledges.. probably should have made them flatter......LOL I think the new product will be fun to play with....you and David have been doing some neat images......ohhh got an idea for another picture gotta go...Trish

Post edited by Trish on
  • useroperatoruseroperator Posts: 247
    edited December 2013

here's an unrelated thing that I think people will enjoy. you may or may not have seen it before, it's not bryce, but it is really worthwhile to watch and some exceptional and inspiring 3d work, especially since every piece of it was made by one person: http://vimeo.com/7809605

Post edited by useroperator on
  • GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

@user.operator: That's a real nice image.

@Trish: Those cats look really good, form wise. Hope you can get the hair put on them.

@David: Great abstracts.

@Dave: Love the look of that Buddha, material is great.

@Horo: A very colorful dragon you've got there. And those abstracts, wow.

• useroperatoruseroperator Posts: 247
    edited December 2013

messing around with some obscure lighting, this one isn't an exact copy of the tutorial, there's been some fiddling with it. I wonder....if I use the trick mentioned before, the one about reducing lighting on the vehicle, where an object is placed in front of it but with a transparency, I could probably get some of the brighter areas under control. I guess if you wanted to really get funky, you could for example, use some clever mirror placement to get the proper angle on a scene reflected to another point, from which you could render without even looking at the object directly.

the reflection is actually more of what it should ideally look like lighting wise, but with the color saturation of the original.

vcbvbb.png
    812 x 467 - 141K
    Post edited by useroperator on
  • mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,988
    edited December 1969

Trish: Albert is looking cool, looking forward to the complete pic with the snow, maybe a scarf lol. The cat renders are looking nice too, especially the puma leaping.

David: Your dragon renders are nice and the abstracts fantastic. Best of Luck to you and Horo on your new product.

Horo: The set of 3 renders on page 26 – the rusty one, like the others I like the middle one more, looks more realistic with the earthly colors. The other render with the objects is cool, nice colors. I’m not a fan of dragons too but sometimes the effects look much better on them than other objects. The abstracts are awesome

User.operator: nice TV render. The second one with the dragon is nice too. The “Bryce” dragon looks cool

Franontheedge: both your renders are nice, the sun’s rays are looking great.

A render using a golden lighting Hdri and the Wings 3D object using Dangerlad’s and Fenceposts ideas.

lighting01.jpg
    600 x 600 - 46K
    edited December 2013

@Trish - thank you.

@GussNemo - thank you.

@user.operator - agreed, exceptional work on that video, on composition as well. Nice dragon. Noise is a bit of a problem.

@mermaid010 - thank you. The object looks great under the golden light.

Post edited by Horo on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

I seem to be stuck in the snow. I think I need to melt this snowman as well and do something different

Ride 'im Snowboy

ride_im_snowboy.jpg
    1563 x 900 - 482K
    edited December 1969

Todays free thing is........ http://www.daz3d.com/december-freebies

free.jpg
    251 x 348 - 61K
    edited December 2013

Thank you everyone......
    Chohole: really so cute....I bet the horse is freezing with a snowman riding him...LOL
    Mermaid: ohhh ...scarf is a great idea
    Guss: Thanks ...fur update the artist is making us a movie on how to use the fur product he sent me a pm so hopefully that will help ...as we know I am really slow at some things...they fly right over my head.....LOL

Post edited by Trish on
    edited December 1969

Expanding on the Buddha on the previous page. He's now been joined by some friends. :-)

Idols.jpg
    960 x 960 - 144K
    edited December 2013

Dave: I like the extra friends....ok I know Budda and the dragon ....who are the other two??

Post edited by Trish on
  • StuartBStuartB Posts: 596
    edited December 1969

I know this is not the right place for this but I couldn't resist.
    Some people are just too good with computer graphics.

edited December 1969

@Pam - fantastic, so cute.

@Dave - great materials, nice stup.

@StuartB4 - thanks for the link. Didn't like the subject matter but it is amazingly done.

• StuartBStuartB Posts: 596
    edited December 1969

Any ideas or hints / tips on this would be greatly appreciated.

What's the easiest way to make a 3D model of this handle.

Thanks.

Mug_Handle22.jpg
    654 x 951 - 164K
    edited December 1969

StuartB4 said:
    Any ideas or hints / tips on this would be greatly appreciated.

What's the easiest way to make a 3D model of this handle.

Thanks.

Hi Stuart
    If you mean the easiest way in Bryce, I'd be looking at using the symmetrical lattice with a heightmap made in photoshop.
    If you just meant, the easiest way to model it, I'd be looking at Wings. :)

• GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 2013

@user.operator: Dragon is looking nice. Idea of using a mirror would be interesting to see.

@mermaid: Colors on the object are quite nice.

@Dave: Very impression image

@Stuart: Like Horo, I don't like the subject matter, but do like the "how to" given throughout the video. While it might not be Bryce related, he did show how many of the scenes were created, something useful to everyone. Thanks for the link.

@Pam: Saw that image on the gallery and gave it a thumbs up. It's really cute.

I was toying around with Hexagon, trying to figure out how to replicate an object made using Wings 3d, and came up with the object below. BTW, have yet to figure out how to create that object.

Round_Gem_Purple_1.png
    500 x 500 - 469K
    Round_Gem_Red_1.png
    500 x 500 - 499K
    Post edited by GussNemo on
  • mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,988
    edited December 1969

Thanks Horo, Guss

Chohole- wow so cute.

Guss – the gems done in hexagon are awesome.

Earlier today I tried to “Like” a few of the Bryce images in Horo’s, Chohole, Guss and Dangerlad’s galleries. Although I was logged in, I was asked to log in. I comment on one of Guss’s images and it appears as Anonymous. Any ideas Why???

Anyway for most of the day I couldn’t post.

edited December 1969

Thanks Horo, Guss

Chohole- wow so cute.

Guss – the gems done in hexagon are awesome.

Earlier today I tried to “Like” a few of the Bryce images in Horo’s, Chohole, Guss and Dangerlad’s galleries. Although I was logged in, I was asked to log in. I comment on one of Guss’s images and it appears as Anonymous. Any ideas Why???

Anyway for most of the day I couldn’t post.

Yes, logging into your account isn't the same as logging into the forum.
    You have to be logged into your account to 'like' (and use your name to comment on pictures) in the Gallery.

Click the 'My Account' account link you see at the top right of this page, next to 'Log Out'.
    :)

edited December 1969

@StuartB4 - Dave is right. Doing this with torii would be very time consuming. A sym lat is the easiest way in Bryce.

@mermaid010 - Dave is right. Shop/Gallery is another account than the forums, even if you happen to use the same credentials.

@GussNemo - I like both howmanyhedrons. You really did them in Hex?

This discussion has been closed.