Announcing: Daz Deals Browser Add-on

Comments

• JazzyBearJazzyBear Posts: 797

https://www.daz3d.com/free-3d-models routinely offers textures that require base items.

Is there any way we can see what required items we need for the items in the list?

I know I have dozens or maybe even hundreds of add-on items that need a required item, but have no way to easily find them.

• AtiAti Posts: 9,078
    JazzyBear said:

Is there any way we can see what required items we need for the items in the list?

YES! :)

Simply click the "required items" checkbox:

Make sure you enable this option on the options page first:

This will limit the display to items where you already have an addon, but are missing the base product. (Or the opposite with the "add-ons only" checkbox.)

Capture.JPG
    2686 x 221 - 66K
    Capture2.JPG
    1232 x 1250 - 128K
  • WandererWanderer Posts: 956

Hey there, I really appreciate your extension, but I have a question. Lately I've seen a couple of items that are showing up as lower than the actual price appears in my cart--is this a possible time delay where the price was lower but no longer is and just hasn't been updated? Like, right now, the ultrascatter pro upgrade shows in the graph on the store page that it's $6.73, but in my cart I only have an 11% discount. There was another similar instance, oh, about a week ago. Don't remember the bundle but it was showing on the store page graph as $1.99, but the actual product was listed a lot higher and I saw no way to get a discount for that amount. Don't remember what it was now.

Wanderer said:

Hey there, I really appreciate your extension, but I have a question. Lately I've seen a couple of items that are showing up as lower than the actual price appears in my cart--is this a possible time delay where the price was lower but no longer is and just hasn't been updated? Like, right now, the ultrascatter pro upgrade shows in the graph on the store page that it's $6.73, but in my cart I only have an 11% discount. There was another similar instance, oh, about a week ago. Don't remember the bundle but it was showing on the store page graph as $1.99, but the actual product was listed a lot higher and I saw no way to get a discount for that amount. Don't remember what it was now.

The graph does not show the current price. It shows the lowest price for the given day (UTC time). If the price you see is higher than what he graph shows, then in most cases, it means that the sale for that item is already over.

The upgrade you mention was on sale until 6:15 UTC today, then went full price.

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,300

I've noticed that gallery thumbnails for products seem to persist long after the images have been removed from the galleries by users or moderators.   You end up clicking on thumbnails only to be redirected to the main gallery landing page. How often is this updated?

Sevrin said:

I've noticed that gallery thumbnails for products seem to persist long after the images have been removed from the galleries by users or moderators.   You end up clicking on thumbnails only to be redirected to the main gallery landing page. How often is this updated?

New ones more often that old ones. We do try not to overload Daz servers with thousands of requests. :) You can send a PM to me with non-existing ones you find to get them removed faster.

• WandererWanderer Posts: 956

Thanks Ati! 

• Gusf1Gusf1 Posts: 252

Hi,

I just installed your add on and it has some very nice features.  I'm going to have to try that feature with the add ons and products soon.  The question I have is about the bundle display.  I like that it shows the products that I own in that bundle.  The question is: Why does it use the full price instead of the current price for the price per item unowned?  It just throws me off to see a bundle that costs $1.99 with the items costing $20 a piece!

Gus

• Ati said:
    JazzyBear said:

This will limit the display to items where you already have an addon, but are missing the base product. (Or the opposite with the "add-ons only" checkbox.)

I don't seem to have that Show filter for requiered items and addons option in my Deals Browser Options.

Daz-Deals-Option pane 20191031.png
    895 x 817 - 67K
    Ati said:
    JazzyBear said:

I don't seem to have that Show filter for requiered items and addons option in my Deals Browser Options.

It was added in version 2.4. According to the screenshot, you're running 2.3, which is pretty old. You need to update the addon if you want to use this feature. Normally, these updates happen automatically, so you might want to check if you have updates disabled in your browser.

• Well, if there's something that disabled updates for it in Opera, I don't know where to look for that.  Barring that, is there a way to manually update it?

Well, if there's something that disabled updates for it in Opera, I don't know where to look for that.  Barring that, is there a way to manually update it?

Hmm, I checked the Opera store, and it lists your version as the newest for that browser. Strange. I've pinged @Overdrawn about it.

• Bah.... I'd have figured all browser versions would have been updated at the same time.  0o  But, then, my hazey recollection is... the Opera add-ons team make you fly through more hoops or something to get add ons approved.

Is there a simple way to remove individual price notifications?   Today I got dozens of them, and a lot of them are for items I've already purchased since setting the notifications?   Right now, I'm setting those at $1 in the hope that I won't get another notifications.

Sevrin said:

Is there a simple way to remove individual price notifications?   Today I got dozens of them, and a lot of them are for items I've already purchased since setting the notifications?   Right now, I'm setting those at $1 in the hope that I won't get another notifications.

I'll take that up as a feature request for now.

Ati said:
    Sevrin said:

I'll take that up as a feature request for now.

Well, if you're in the feature request uptaking mood, would it be possible to add a dark mode for the Daz site?  

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470

Did I hear Feature Requests?  How about a feature to include Renderosity!  indecision 

(...yes, I did mention that like it was just a simple new feature and not an entire new product, lol)

3dOutlaw said:

Did I hear Feature Requests?  How about a feature to include Renderosity!  indecision 

(...yes, I did mention that like it was just a simple new feature and not an entire new product, lol)

I never did like when people read my mind. :D And this is not the first time either. :D

• Hi all!

In an effort to deal with the latest and greatest promo page layout, I've shipped a v2.4.6 release to Firefox, Chrome, and (wait for it...) Opera! ^_^ Chrome and Firefox are (or should be) already available to everyone. Opera will take a bit more time (because manual review), but if you're using the Opera Beta or Opera Developer editions you should be able to use them right away.

Chrome: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/nagnffdgedlcmlibjhmalgcaekfgiehc (v2.4.6)
    Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/daz-deals/ (says 2.4.7 which is the same as 2.4.6...but for Firefox......don't ask... >_<)
    Opera: https://addons.opera.com/en/extensions/details/daz-deals/ (v2.3.0...for now. v2.4.6 real soon now!)

Also, we have some significant additions coming in v2.5.0 which we hope to have out before the end of the month. Stay tuned for many performance improvements and feature additions. :)

Cheers!

• Does the extension auto-update (Firefox) itself, or do we have to update it manually?

• Does the extension auto-update (Firefox) itself, or do we have to update it manually?

It auto-updates. Not sure on what "schedule" though.

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,771
    Overdrawn said:

Does the extension auto-update (Firefox) itself, or do we have to update it manually?

It auto-updates. Not sure on what "schedule" though.

In FIrefox go to the Add-ons page, select the DAZ Deals plugin and click on the gear at top right which gives you the option to update now.  I now have V. 2.4.7

• Thanks, that did it.

• Anyone have an idea how easy or hard it is to get this pluggin into the Brave browzer?  It kinda sorta look like it uses Chrome pluggins, possibly in some circuitous way of installing them, but I've never tried installing one on it.

• Anyone have an idea how easy or hard it is to get this pluggin into the Brave browzer?  It kinda sorta look like it uses Chrome pluggins, possibly in some circuitous way of installing them, but I've never tried installing one on it.

Brave (like Vivaldi) use the Chrome Store. You just click "Add to Chrome" on the Daz-Deals extension page in either of those browsers, and you're good to go!

Brave instructions: https://support.brave.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017909112-How-can-I-add-extensions-to-Brave-

Vivaldi instructions: https://help.vivaldi.com/article/extensions/

Enjoy!

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470

I found it does work in the Kiwi browser on Android, if you run as "desktop site", too

• QuasarQuasar Posts: 568

How do the required items and addons options work? Does it check against the products I already own? I created a notifications account, made sure the option was marked in the settings, and the check boxes appear on the web site. However, nothing appears when I select either one of them. Does it take time for the servers to sync up the data?

Quasar said:

How do the required items and addons options work? Does it check against the products I already own? I created a notifications account, made sure the option was marked in the settings, and the check boxes appear on the web site. However, nothing appears when I select either one of them. Does it take time for the servers to sync up the data?

The list of required items/addons is calculated on our servers once an hour. So if you just set ip up, please wait about an hour, it should populate soon after that.

• QuasarQuasar Posts: 568

It's working now. Thank you.

One annoying thing about the way the store works is that, when you click on a required product, it doesn't show the addon you own for that product unless you log out. It also only shows a max of six addons so logging out doesn't always help either. Oh well. It's still nice to see what required products I might want to get eventually. There isn't as many as I thought there would be for me, which is a bonus.

Quasar said:

One annoying thing about the way the store works is that, when you click on a required product, it doesn't show the addon you own for that product unless you log out. It also only shows a max of six addons so logging out doesn't always help either. Oh well. It's still nice to see what required products I might want to get eventually. There isn't as many as I thought there would be for me, which is a bonus.

Yeah. I actually want to get the full list of addons somewhere on the product page, but haven't gotten to it yet.

This discussion has been closed.