Announcing: Daz Deals Browser Add-on

16870727374

Comments

  • MystarraMystarra Posts: 32,555

    mebbe it's borking at my page count.  oh dios mio

    borking page count.JPG
    315 x 418 - 27K
  • AtiAti Posts: 6,722
    edited August 5
    Mystarra said:

    mebbe it's borking at my page count.  oh dios mio

    You need a wider screen for all the features to be able to work. Is that on a vertically held mobile phone? It's not really designed for mobile phones. Even if you can get it to work, I'm not sure it has the power to make the heavier features work without breaking anything. Even some of the less powerful desktop PCs have issues with some of the features.

    Post edited by Ati on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 12,352

    I'm having a problem with the Addons feature.

    • I am using Chrome Version 76.0.3809.100 (Official Build) (64-bit) (up to date)  
    • I am using Daz-Deals 2.4.1.
    • I am logged in.
    • I have Hide Items I Own checked.
    • I have one artist selected (Nikisatez). It shows 299 items.
    • Then I check Addons, and it only shows 2 addon items. Where are the other hundreds of items I don't own? Most are outfits for characters I do own. Shouldn't they show up? Or do I just misunderstand Addons?
  • AtiAti Posts: 6,722
    barbult said:

    I'm having a problem with the Addons feature.

    • I am using Chrome Version 76.0.3809.100 (Official Build) (64-bit) (up to date)  
    • I am using Daz-Deals 2.4.1.
    • I am logged in.
    • I have Hide Items I Own checked.
    • I have one artist selected (Nikisatez). It shows 299 items.
    • Then I check Addons, and it only shows 2 addon items. Where are the other hundreds of items I don't own? Most are outfits for characters I do own. Shouldn't they show up? Or do I just misunderstand Addons?

    "Addons" are items that require you to have another item and you already own that required item. For example, https://www.daz3d.com/rouge-nouveau-vignette, this is an addon for https://www.daz3d.com/nouveau-vignette. If you have https://www.daz3d.com/nouveau-vignette, then activating the addons filter will list https://www.daz3d.com/rouge-nouveau-vignette.

  • barbultbarbult Posts: 12,352
    I interpreted an outfit for G8F as requiring G8F, so an addon for her. I guess the problem is just my interpretation. Thanks for clarifying. This stuff gets complicated.
  • AtiAti Posts: 6,722
    barbult said:
    I interpreted an outfit for G8F as requiring G8F, so an addon for her. I guess the problem is just my interpretation. Thanks for clarifying. This stuff gets complicated.

    The idea behind the "addon" filter is to list items where you have the base product, and you may want to get the additional texture, or pose set, or iray update, or whatever else is offered for the products you already have.

    The "requirements" is the opposite: list the items where you have the, say, texture expansion, but you can't yet use it because the required item is missing. That filter lists those items that are needed for some of your existing items to work.

  • sapatsapat Posts: 1,703
    Ati said:
    sapat said:

    I've lost track of the thread, but remember something about a link or something that will take you somewhere when you click on the DDB icon that shows you a wiki list or some sort filelist thing. All DDB does for me is take me back to the settings page where I originally started when I signed up.

    What are you looking for? What would you like to do?

    I'm not sure.  But way back, it was said that there is a link to take you to a page that shows you a list of something that has to do with products. Other ppl have mentioned here too. As I said, all I get when I press the icon in Chrome goes back to the Daz deals options page where you set up what you want to see.  I don't know how to explain the link, or where it takes you. But is seeing the daz deals page all you see when you click on the menu bar in Chrome?

  • AtiAti Posts: 6,722
    sapat said:
    Ati said:
    sapat said:

    I've lost track of the thread, but remember something about a link or something that will take you somewhere when you click on the DDB icon that shows you a wiki list or some sort filelist thing. All DDB does for me is take me back to the settings page where I originally started when I signed up.

    What are you looking for? What would you like to do?

    I'm not sure.  But way back, it was said that there is a link to take you to a page that shows you a list of something that has to do with products. Other ppl have mentioned here too. As I said, all I get when I press the icon in Chrome goes back to the Daz deals options page where you set up what you want to see.  I don't know how to explain the link, or where it takes you. But is seeing the daz deals page all you see when you click on the menu bar in Chrome?

    When you click on it, there's a selector in the top right corner:

    "Options" is for enabling/disabling certain features of the addon.

    "Email Notifications" is for setting up your preferred notifications (wishlist notification, new sales, fastgrab, best prices). This is where you'll be able to set your PA subscriptions as well in the upcoming release.

    "Manage Items" is for listing your hidden items, your gallery notifications, and again in the upcoming release: to see the categorized list of your owned items (even ones that are no longer sold in the store).

    Capture.JPG
    580 x 69 - 13K
  • sapatsapat Posts: 1,703
    Ati said:
    sapat said:
    Ati said:
    sapat said:

    I've lost track of the thread, but remember something about a link or something that will take you somewhere when you click on the DDB icon that shows you a wiki list or some sort filelist thing. All DDB does for me is take me back to the settings page where I originally started when I signed up.

    What are you looking for? What would you like to do?

    I'm not sure.  But way back, it was said that there is a link to take you to a page that shows you a list of something that has to do with products. Other ppl have mentioned here too. As I said, all I get when I press the icon in Chrome goes back to the Daz deals options page where you set up what you want to see.  I don't know how to explain the link, or where it takes you. But is seeing the daz deals page all you see when you click on the menu bar in Chrome?

    When you click on it, there's a selector in the top right corner:

    "Options" is for enabling/disabling certain features of the addon.

    "Email Notifications" is for setting up your preferred notifications (wishlist notification, new sales, fastgrab, best prices). This is where you'll be able to set your PA subscriptions as well in the upcoming release.

    "Manage Items" is for listing your hidden items, your gallery notifications, and again in the upcoming release: to see the categorized list of your owned items (even ones that are no longer sold in the store).

    I found it now by following a link to the tapermonkey page.  It's the script that takes you to google to make forum searches easier.  Question....after installling the scripts, I forgot to enter my email address at the top of the page. I already get your notifications for sales, best price in 6 months, wishlist item on sale, etc.  So does that mean I'm already ok, or do I have to re-enter the email thing again?  If I go back to the tampermonkey site, will it know I've already been there and installed some of the scripts, or do I have to install them again?

    Sorry to be such a dunce. Not at all familiar with any of this type of thing.

  • AtiAti Posts: 6,722
    sapat said:
    Ati said:
    sapat said:
    Ati said:
    sapat said:

    I've lost track of the thread, but remember something about a link or something that will take you somewhere when you click on the DDB icon that shows you a wiki list or some sort filelist thing. All DDB does for me is take me back to the settings page where I originally started when I signed up.

    What are you looking for? What would you like to do?

    I'm not sure.  But way back, it was said that there is a link to take you to a page that shows you a list of something that has to do with products. Other ppl have mentioned here too. As I said, all I get when I press the icon in Chrome goes back to the Daz deals options page where you set up what you want to see.  I don't know how to explain the link, or where it takes you. But is seeing the daz deals page all you see when you click on the menu bar in Chrome?

    When you click on it, there's a selector in the top right corner:

    "Options" is for enabling/disabling certain features of the addon.

    "Email Notifications" is for setting up your preferred notifications (wishlist notification, new sales, fastgrab, best prices). This is where you'll be able to set your PA subscriptions as well in the upcoming release.

    "Manage Items" is for listing your hidden items, your gallery notifications, and again in the upcoming release: to see the categorized list of your owned items (even ones that are no longer sold in the store).

    I found it now by following a link to the tapermonkey page.  It's the script that takes you to google to make forum searches easier.  Question....after installling the scripts, I forgot to enter my email address at the top of the page. I already get your notifications for sales, best price in 6 months, wishlist item on sale, etc.  So does that mean I'm already ok, or do I have to re-enter the email thing again?  If I go back to the tampermonkey site, will it know I've already been there and installed some of the scripts, or do I have to install them again?

    Sorry to be such a dunce. Not at all familiar with any of this type of thing.

    Oh, you meant that one. Sorry, yeah, that's https://www.civilizationhunt.com/ds/ but you already found it.

    Your browser knows which scripts are already installed. If you install them again, it will simply update it to the current version, so nothing will be installed twice. Some of the scripts are already included in the addon, so to avoid any issues, it's best not to install those as separate scripts. (Hide products, wishlist icon on category page, sort by % off)

    As for the addon, I suggest you enter your details (email address, passcode--remember that these are NOT your Daz login details! Never give us your Daz login details!) so you can keep your wishlist notifications up-to-date. If you don't enter your details there, then only an old version of your wishlist will be used, and you may already have products from it, plus you will not get notifications of your new wishlisted items.

  • RuthvenRuthven Posts: 156
    Ati said:
    Ruthven said:

    Would ENORMOUSLY appreciate being able to categorize items directly from the product page

    This is done, and is under testing right now.

    Ruthven said:

    a "see this item in my wishlist" feature

    What would this do?

    after having wishlisted an item, being able to open the wishlist page where this item appears, to see at what point of you list it takes place (i.e. when you order by price, is it between the cheaper, or the more expensive ones?). Ah, also: a "1 to 5 stars" sistem to be able to easily order the items by grade of appreciation/utility. A "search" function by item name limited to the wishlist 

  • MystarraMystarra Posts: 32,555
    Ati said:
    Mystarra said:

    mebbe it's borking at my page count.  oh dios mio

    You need a wider screen for all the features to be able to work. Is that on a vertically held mobile phone? It's not really designed for mobile phones. Even if you can get it to work, I'm not sure it has the power to make the heavier features work without breaking anything. Even some of the less powerful desktop PCs have issues with some of the features.

    is my desktop  Version 75.0.3770.142 (Official Build) (64-bit)

  • sapatsapat Posts: 1,703

    I downloaded some scripts from the page, and now all the icons below the thumbs have a clear 'add to wishlist' heart, then there's another heart next to it that's black and has varying thicknesses of green lines below them. What does that mean?  What happened to the 'add to cart' button? Which script do I need to uninstall to get the cart button back?  Also, I'm not sure I like the big buttons at the bottom. Sorry, Just wondering. Especially about the add to cart button.

     

     

    no add to cart button anymore.JPG
    644 x 727 - 98K
  • AtiAti Posts: 6,722
    sapat said:

    I downloaded some scripts from the page, and now all the icons below the thumbs have a clear 'add to wishlist' heart, then there's another heart next to it that's black and has varying thicknesses of green lines below them. What does that mean?  What happened to the 'add to cart' button? Which script do I need to uninstall to get the cart button back?  Also, I'm not sure I like the big buttons at the bottom. Sorry, Just wondering. Especially about the add to cart button.

    One of those is put there by the browser addon, the other by the "add wishlist icons to category page" script. Disable one of the two. I would disable the separate script. (Click the tampermonkey icon, and click the script name to switch it to off.)

  • Miss Bad WolfMiss Bad Wolf Posts: 21,275

    How does the linked thread thing work in the addon?  Basically wondering how does it know how to add links to threads?  I am trying to find out more info on the collars and leashes thing for dog 8 but it shows no threads on it.

  • AtiAti Posts: 6,722

    How does the linked thread thing work in the addon?  Basically wondering how does it know how to add links to threads?  I am trying to find out more info on the collars and leashes thing for dog 8 but it shows no threads on it.

    If the product is linked to from the thread or post, it gets noticed. Which is why it's always a good idea for PAs when posting their product thread, to link to the product.

  • SevrinSevrin Posts: 776

    Thanks for this add-on, I think.  I'm not sure whether this addon has saved me money, or made me spend more than I wanted.  

    One change I'd like to see is to be able to filter a given page, whether it be a vendor page, a "related items" page, or any search result page by item type, i.e., character, hair, clothing and accessories, 3D models and assets.  The character thing we can do very nicely by selecting the various Genesis models we're shopping for, but if we're only interested in things that are not characters, there's no way to select that once you have your search results.

    Another minor issue is the "21 most discounted items" feature.  As a new renderer with no investment or interest in any character-related items before G3, I have no interest in 95% of the items that show up there.  If we could filter that to, say, most discounted on my WL, or most discounted from the PAs with items on my WL, or anything, really, that would make this feature more useful for me.

  • AtiAti Posts: 6,722
    Sevrin said:

    Another minor issue is the "21 most discounted items" feature.  As a new renderer with no investment or interest in any character-related items before G3, I have no interest in 95% of the items that show up there.  If we could filter that to, say, most discounted on my WL, or most discounted from the PAs with items on my WL, or anything, really, that would make this feature more useful for me.

    This has come up before, so we might do something like this in the future. In the meantime, you can use the clothing converters from older generations to G8, and save a lot of money buying older items, and converting them for the new figures. There are sales where these older items go for less than a dollar (actually, are there? well, they are cheap, maybe not under a dollar... :D), and you can get some really useful stuff for a very small amount of money.

  • AtiAti Posts: 6,722

    Good news for Edge users:

    The new, Chromium-based Edge browser now allows addons from the Chrome store to be installed. Simply head over to the Chrome store (linked to in the very first post of this thread), install, and enjoy. (The first time you visit the Chrome store, you will have to authorize Edge to install addons from stores for other browsers--simply click "Allow," and you're all set.)

  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 11,391

    I'm not seeing a way to install or to authorize other stores as you said.  I've had two Windows updates this past week.  Is there yet another one that will update Edge?  I thought that was automatic.

    Under About This App it says: Microsoft Edge 44.18362.267.0

    Is that the correct version?

    Dana

  • AtiAti Posts: 6,722
    DanaTA said:

    I'm not seeing a way to install or to authorize other stores as you said.  I've had two Windows updates this past week.  Is there yet another one that will update Edge?  I thought that was automatic.

    Under About This App it says: Microsoft Edge 44.18362.267.0

    Is that the correct version?

    The one I just downloaded and tested is Version 77.0.235.5 (Official build) dev (64-bit)

  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 11,391
    Ati said:
    DanaTA said:

    I'm not seeing a way to install or to authorize other stores as you said.  I've had two Windows updates this past week.  Is there yet another one that will update Edge?  I thought that was automatic.

    Under About This App it says: Microsoft Edge 44.18362.267.0

    Is that the correct version?

    The one I just downloaded and tested is Version 77.0.235.5 (Official build) dev (64-bit)

    Odd.  I thought Edge was always part of the Windows 10 update, since it only comes with Windows 10.  And something strange started happenig here since the last update.  The main Forums page is grey and empty.  I thought it was the site, but I checked in Chrome and the page looks normal in that browser.

    I'll have to check into this...later.   Thanks

    Dana

  • RiverMissyRiverMissy Posts: 62

    Thank you for all you do to save us money - I think smiley.  Yes, I spend more but save a lot in the process.  

    I have a Fire Table with Chrome on it and was wondering if it is possible to get the add-on on a tablet?  I haven't been able to figure it out. 

    Also, I would love to be able to see the notification price I have set on an item when I go to the page without having to click on the set notification again.  Just wondering if that is something you might consider.

    Again, I love your add-on and thank you!!!

  • AtiAti Posts: 6,722

    Also, I would love to be able to see the notification price I have set on an item when I go to the page without having to click on the set notification again.  Just wondering if that is something you might consider.

    To keep everything fast, we use extensive caching which does not currently make this possible.

  • PetercatPetercat Posts: 2,146

    I've not seen the filter by wishlist or any other checkboxes, nor the sort by % off for many weeks now. I do have the oval buttons at the bottom of the page, and had the odd icons below the thumbnails that Sapat mentioned.
    I uninstalled and reinstalled Daz Deals, but the only thing that accomplished was to clear my hide list.
    Tampermonkey shows some of the missing scripts as installed, but not all of them.

    Also, the emails I get for wishlist items on sale show items that I already own, or have never been in my wishlist all.

  • OverdrawnOverdrawn Posts: 420
    Petercat said:

    I've not seen the filter by wishlist or any other checkboxes, nor the sort by % off for many weeks now. I do have the oval buttons at the bottom of the page, and had the odd icons below the thumbnails that Sapat mentioned.
    I uninstalled and reinstalled Daz Deals, but the only thing that accomplished was to clear my hide list.
    Tampermonkey shows some of the missing scripts as installed, but not all of them.

    Also, the emails I get for wishlist items on sale show items that I already own, or have never been in my wishlist all.

    Did you setup the configuration settings after you reinstalled? All the wishlist related items depend on that being setup properly.

    I have found that with the recent juggling of pages/items/categories, I sometimes have to refresh the page after the initial load to get the wishlist and % filters to show. Not sure yet what's causing the delay...but it does eventually show up after a reload.

    Let me know about the config setup, and sorry for the trouble!

  • PetercatPetercat Posts: 2,146
    Overdrawn said:
    Petercat said:

    I've not seen the filter by wishlist or any other checkboxes, nor the sort by % off for many weeks now. I do have the oval buttons at the bottom of the page, and had the odd icons below the thumbnails that Sapat mentioned.
    I uninstalled and reinstalled Daz Deals, but the only thing that accomplished was to clear my hide list.
    Tampermonkey shows some of the missing scripts as installed, but not all of them.

    Also, the emails I get for wishlist items on sale show items that I already own, or have never been in my wishlist all.

    Did you setup the configuration settings after you reinstalled? All the wishlist related items depend on that being setup properly.

    I have found that with the recent juggling of pages/items/categories, I sometimes have to refresh the page after the initial load to get the wishlist and % filters to show. Not sure yet what's causing the delay...but it does eventually show up after a reload.

    Let me know about the config setup, and sorry for the trouble!

    If you're talking about the page with all of the check boxes like "Show filter for wishlisted and owned items + "% off" sort filter", then yes. I have no idea what's going on, unless it's my version of Firefox, which is 68.0.2-1. Of course, it was doing the same thing before I updated...

  • SevrinSevrin Posts: 776

    The only thing that has been wonky for me recently is the "View these artists together" link for related PAs.  Right now it's linking to Zeddicus's unfiltered store.  The other time it was Dreamlight's.  It often still works fine, though.  All the other stuff is working to hoover up my money. yes

  • OverdrawnOverdrawn Posts: 420
    Sevrin said:

    The only thing that has been wonky for me recently is the "View these artists together" link for related PAs.  Right now it's linking to Zeddicus's unfiltered store.  The other time it was Dreamlight's.  It often still works fine, though.  All the other stuff is working to hoover up my money. yes

    Yeah...Daz has again changed the "artist tile" image links... We'll try and get an update out to handle parsing the current format.

  • OverdrawnOverdrawn Posts: 420
    Petercat said:
    Overdrawn said:
    Petercat said:

    I've not seen the filter by wishlist or any other checkboxes, nor the sort by % off for many weeks now. I do have the oval buttons at the bottom of the page, and had the odd icons below the thumbnails that Sapat mentioned.
    I uninstalled and reinstalled Daz Deals, but the only thing that accomplished was to clear my hide list.
    Tampermonkey shows some of the missing scripts as installed, but not all of them.

    Also, the emails I get for wishlist items on sale show items that I already own, or have never been in my wishlist all.

    Did you setup the configuration settings after you reinstalled? All the wishlist related items depend on that being setup properly.

    I have found that with the recent juggling of pages/items/categories, I sometimes have to refresh the page after the initial load to get the wishlist and % filters to show. Not sure yet what's causing the delay...but it does eventually show up after a reload.

    Let me know about the config setup, and sorry for the trouble!

    If you're talking about the page with all of the check boxes like "Show filter for wishlisted and owned items + "% off" sort filter", then yes. I have no idea what's going on, unless it's my version of Firefox, which is 68.0.2-1. Of course, it was doing the same thing before I updated...

    Can you try disabling all Tampermonkey scripts and test with just the add-on? It's possible they're conflicting on some way, and testing that would hopefully narrow in on what's breaking when and maybe even why. ;) Thanks!

Sign In or Register to comment.