Comments

• David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

How about this style?

Main.jpg
    654 x 850 - 557K
  • TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
    edited December 2013

David: the last font is a lot easier to read...Trish....p.s. I see you are in star trek mode.....LOL " To boldly go where no textures have gone before" and you know anything with purple I will buy.....

Post edited by Trish on
  • Fencepost52Fencepost52 Posts: 489
    edited December 1969

I like this last version a lot. I think the font style and colors coordinate well.

@Horo, I really like your renders. I'm going with second as being my favorite and the first one next. Great work!

@everyone, I haven't been able to get on lately for any length of time so I can't comment on your renders. Please accept my apology for that. I'm certainly not ignoring anyone. I've been working on GIMP stuff trying to reorganize my tutorials and scripts. I'll be back soon. Still no renders from me. :(

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,119
    edited December 1969

@David - oh yes, much easier to read. I've just sent you an email with 6 font suggestions.

edited December 1969
    P51_eg3_promo1.jpg
    850 x 850 - 487K
  • Fencepost52Fencepost52 Posts: 489
    edited December 1969

Very nice! Are the two of you trying to make me go broke?! LOL Can't wait for the new product.

edited December 1969

Very nice! Are the two of you trying to make me go broke?! LOL Can't wait for the new product.

I'm sure you could figure it all out for yourself if you wanted! Oh Art, could you post up links to your latest tutorials here?

• GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 2013

@David: The latest font you used is much better looking, and easier on the eyes, than the font you first showed. You showed different font background colors on the previous page, and I personally think the last set of images use the best combination of colors. I personally have trouble reading a title where the font is too much on the wild side, like in your first set of images on the previous page. Or if the font background color causes the font/color to blend too much into the image of the product. The image you posted on this page does not contain any of the problems I usually encounter. I find the style of font legible, font color doesn't blend excessively with the product image, and the color behind the font aids in making the font legible. And, the video promo is very good. So two thumbs up for your latest work.

Post edited by GussNemo on
    edited December 2013

David: I don't want a promo video......I want that product...where is it ....where does it live ...I have to have it nowww....Trish

Post edited by Trish on
    edited December 1969

Well, DAZ QA has the weekend as we do. But since everything is ready, it ought to appear still this year.

edited December 2013

Horo: oohhhh this years is too late....nowwwww....LOL That dragon really looks cool ...The promo is good tooo.....OMG and the letters are in purple ...I have to buy it ...see how good it looks on my desktop Trish

dt2.jpg
    1267 x 713 - 397K
    Post edited by Trish on
    edited December 1969

Horo: oohhhh this years is too late....nowwwww....LOL That dragon really looks cool ...The promo is good tooo.....OMG and the letters are in purple ...I have to buy it Trish

Sooo......... purple lettering.... that's the secret?

The dragon is one of the Stamford dragons, a freely available model. That is not with the product, that is just being used here to show off the material. And also below.

Jamie, thanks for the feedback and the kind remarks!

P51_eg3_promo2.jpg
    850 x 850 - 479K
    edited December 2013

David: anything in purple.....I own the dragon but he looks fab in your textures

WIP of Alberts Christmas outfit....rendered quick no aa

of.jpg
    398 x 611 - 106K
    Post edited by Trish on
    edited December 1969

@David: You're quite welcome. And that dragon, nnniiiccceee...

@Trish: Is Albert planning to put on his Santa hat? Nice top.

edited December 2013

Guss: I found a hat for him trying to resize to fit his wild hair.....I may have to break down and model one for him...Thanks...I think I can make a better XMAS tree shirt also working on all of that today.....I stuck him in the modeled position cause I am planning on putting a snowball in his hand....LOL Trish wonder who is going to get pelted????

Post edited by Trish on
    edited December 1969

David: anything in purple.....I own the dragon but he looks fab in your textures

WIP of Alberts Christmas outfit....rendered quick no aa

I wondered if there was a suitable quote... here's as close as I could find.

There are two ways to live your life.
    One is as though nothing is a miracle.
    The other is as though everything is a miracle.
    - Albert Einstein

Some renders take a while others are quick - that's me saying that by the way.

This was quick.

P51_eg3_promo3.jpg
    850 x 850 - 455K
    edited December 1969

@Trish - ah yes, purple is your colour. Albert got a nice outfit and he seems to like it.

@David - the golden dragon looks great. Quick and less so, I'm always trying the slow things, it appears.

edited December 1969

Not so nice without a dragon but an object with two different properties.

Shapes03.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 144K
    edited December 2013

David: that's pretty cool I didn't know Albert said that.... quote by you is ok too...LOL....Thanks and Merry Christmas to you as well....( my reminder to buy the product)

Horo: yours is nice as well....The next outfit will be better I hope...still working on it Trish

dt3.jpg
    960 x 540 - 213K
    Post edited by Trish on
    edited December 1969

Cool render Horo,

Thank you Trish!

OK here this took an hour and a half to render out - another hypermaterial remix from the set.

P51_eg3_promo4.jpg
    850 x 850 - 539K
  • useroperatoruseroperator Posts: 247
    edited December 1969

got bored again

RC.png
    1439 x 878 - 2M
  • franontheedgefranontheedge Posts: 342
    edited December 1969

@user.operator,
    Yes, I too prefer to model my own content – but now and then I pop in a freebie to save time, like the studio flat: I modelled it all myself then found I needed a TV in a hurry, for a render. So that's not mine, but everything else is. I'm rather pleased with the glass table under the TV, it looks pretty much just like the original, which is at the moment sitting in our summerhouse.

@Bullit,
    Oh love the fluffy kitty, that's what happens when you blowdry their fur after a wetting!

@David B,
    I like that firedragon texture you posted a few pages back, sort of coppery and firey all at the same time, rather like the purple one too...mmmmmm

@Horo,
    That set of 3 renders of the rusting machinery hall – I much prefer the middle one – mostly, the rusting machine and the tool box and – is that a small dumbell? Whatever it is, that too looks better lit this way, more natural. However the bit I'm not so keen on is the green skeleton in the right hand corner, that looks a bit blown out. Ditto left.

In the top render the corners of the room look much better, more shadowed. But the 3 main items that draw the eye – the machine, the tool box and the dumbell, look too bright to me.

I've missed so much waiting for long renders to finish, so I won't comment on much more just now, but here's one pic at least. Pic 1. Volumetric World at 96 and 1 parallel light.

I quite like it although as usual there are a few things I'd like to improve.

Pic 2 just shows a little more of the flat – kitchen area. But this time no Volumetric world, and just ordinary radials.

@hansmar,
    that 'light ray' isn't on a cylinder or a sphere, it's the light from a parallel light being cast through the glass in the door - the 'rays' effect is being caused by turning the light to True Ambience Optimisation and turning Volumetric World on in SkyLab's Atmosphere tab and up to 96.
    I could try turning the Vol World effect down (trying 86 instead) or maybe the haze but I felt I needed more light not less... so I've increased the power of the Parallel light from 25 to 30... I might add another light behind the camera - but I think that'll distort the 'rays' too much or confuse them.
    I want to highlight the cube object in the path of the sunlight -

@Mermaid, I've UV Mapped the cube thingie after all - and I did it in Wings3d. It's not good, no cube gets mapped well in UVmapping, and it shows too much on this sort of shape, but the loops hide most of it. I'm gonna try changing the Bryce mapping mode in a day or so - when this last adjustment finishes rendering... sigh. Why do I always fall for the time consuming render effects?

ReadingFlat8.jpg
    1100 x 770 - 137K
    VolumeWorldLRmCube2.jpg
    1120 x 801 - 129K
    edited December 2013

if you like rendering indoor scenes with furniture and stuff, here's a little known site I just found today with tons of free quality content...literally thousands of top quality models.

http://3dbar.net/

some of them are only in .max format.

unrelated: my internet connection is pretty sweet, and it's actually going to double or more when I switch to docsis 3.0 modem for my upgraded package.

ghgh.png
    440 x 200 - 10K
    Post edited by useroperator on
    edited December 1969

@Trish: So, is Albert going to be holding the snowball? Put on a hat, a snowball in his hand, and he'll look like a real perky character.

@David: Your first dragon is amazing, and I must confess I like it better than the second one.

@Horo: Those are really neat looking objects, and a neat image. Really like the colors.

@user.operator: Clever image. Nicely done.

@franontheedge. Really like those two scenes. Love the kitchen.

edited December 1969

I've been trying to find another dragon model than the typical 'bryce' dragon. the models in this render have a massive amount of faces, with a combined number of about 1 million. now all I need are some hypermaterials ;)

I think a shortcut feature bryce needs is a one push button to do a spinning video or gif around a selected object. would be great for previewing a whole scene, and determining the best angles to render from. can even be a tiny image for quick render times.

dfgdfgdfg.png
    785 x 869 - 1M
    edited December 2013

Todays free thing is..... http://www.daz3d.com/december-freebies

Fran: yes ...hum....blow dry ....ahhh... that's what happened to the poor baby.....LOL Trish

free.jpg
    246 x 346 - 63K
    Post edited by Trish on
    edited December 2013

one of the new cat 2's Jag....no fur we won't talk about why the kitty fur does not work ....there are tons of reading material pleasure for you out there( since about 5 people can get the fur to work) enough said....He imports good...you have to delete eye material and add all the texture to his mouth area and I made his claws and whiskers black......

jag5.jpg
    1003 x 761 - 509K
    Post edited by Trish on
  • Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

one of the new cat 2's Jag....no fur we won't talk about why the kitty fur does not work ....there are tons of reading material pleasure for you out there( since about 5 people can get the fur to work) enough said....He imports good...you have to delete eye material and add all the texture to his mouth area and I made his claws and whiskers black......

What I usually do for the eyes (because the cornea comes into Bryce without transparency) is to select those two components (left and right eye usually numbered 1) and set them to standard glass. It then keeps a nice reflection on the eye and it seems to react better to lighting conditions sometimes giving a nice specular highlight... Cat's looking good though. :)

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

I think a shortcut feature bryce needs is a one push button to do a spinning video or gif around a selected object. would be great for previewing a whole scene, and determining the best angles to render from. can even be a tiny image for quick render times.

There is always the wire frame 'spin around your scene' option in Bryce (the little white circle button at the top left of the view port)... Though it does tend to spin very fast on modern computers. :-)

edited December 1969

I've been trying to find another dragon model than the typical 'bryce' dragon. the models in this render have a massive amount of faces, with a combined number of about 1 million. now all I need are some hypermaterials ;)

Excellent render! As for hypermaterials - you can find some recipes on my youtube channel.

Here's a couple of abstracts using hypertexture boosting effects.

Abstract_horizon4_wip2ht6_detail.jpg
    1511 x 850 - 508K
    Abstract_horizon4_wip2ht6.jpg
    1511 x 850 - 928K
This discussion has been closed.