Heroes, Heroines and 3D Graphics - July Freebie Contest

Comments

• music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,822
    edited July 2012

Krissy said:
    I am always astonished, when someone makes render with so many figures, and can pull it off ;)

It can eat up the memory!

:-)

Post edited by music2u4u on
    edited July 2012

DanaTA said:

Nice little story section. Some team. :smirk:

You'll have to ask the judges and Music2u4u about the number of freebies, though. I think if all that stuff came with DS4.5, it probably counts as one freebie, much like other things that are part of a bundle, the bundle is the freebie. But that's about all I want to say on the subject...my interpretation of rules has been a source of...shall we say...hot dissertation?

Dana

That is correct Dana. Jester, you will need 3 more freebies for it to qualify. The freestuf that comes with DS is not countable.

• jeeperzjeeperz Posts: 1,102
    edited December 1969

WOW so many really cool comic renders this month. Tried my hand at it and have just not come up with anything that works so I think I'll just lurk this month.

edited December 1969

Congrats cho on being selected, that is an honor.

edited December 1969

welcome newbies to the forum, we are all crazy around here

*tosses several pies into the forum hoping to get someone especially new people*
    *runs off laughing*

• agsears_f6a68cb825agsears_f6a68cb825 Posts: 169
    edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    DanaTA said:

You'll have to ask the judges and Music2u4u about the number of freebies, though. I think if all that stuff came with DS4.5, it probably counts as one freebie, much like other things that are part of a bundle, the bundle is the freebie. But that's about all I want to say on the subject...my interpretation of rules has been a source of...shall we say...hot dissertation?

Dana

That is correct Dana. Jester, you will need 3 more freebies for it to qualify. The freestuf that comes with DS is not countable but once.

I thought that the default content of any software didn't count as a freebie at all. Has this changed? :long:

Alexa :)

edited December 1969

me too Alexa, that's what I thought

• nitehawk_ltdnitehawk_ltd Posts: 387
    edited July 2012

For not following the rules, this is now...
    Not an Entry.
    The replacement can be found here. http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/3187/P405/ 13 down.
    On a cold rainy street.
    Girl:
    Maya Doll & Race Queen Rie
    Gun holsters page 5 - 2 down on right
    45 auto pistol #
    Headset #
    Guy:
    DAZ model pack - Mike 3
    Sci Fi Officer - skin tex & hair #
    Long sleeve shirt - 2 down
    Paratrooper pants
    Boots by mt.55 no link
    gloves #
    assault rifle #
    Goggles #
    Floater bot -> downloads -> top row.
    Scene:
    3d alley
    Street #
    Building #
    Street lights #
    Old Apartment#
    City ** MDC required item
    50's Ford truck #
    US pickup #
    Audi A2 - 6 down
    Jeep #
    Delivery truck - (spambot warning on site!)
    Trash bag
    a pile of trash - link?
    Flame ** MDC required item
    free sky dome & lights from tutorial. #
    Paid item:
    DAZ3D Morphing Fantasy Dress for Vicky 3 # - retextured & transmaped
    Poses by me, with a lot of dial tweaking. Mike pose adapted from Aiko SWAT pose. #.
    # free site registration required.
    Software used:
    Paint Shop Pro 7
    Blacksmith 3D Paint (free version)
    Rendered in DAZ Studio 2.3
    Each section rendered twice, normal & comic, assembled in PSP 7 & added text.
    Go Here for big.
    Here is the original art that gave me the idea.

alley.jpg
    800 x 2000 - 353K
    Post edited by nitehawk_ltd on
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    edited December 1969

On a cold rainy street.

Go Here for big.

Nice!

Dana

• Eustace ScrubbEustace Scrubb Posts: 2,687
    edited December 1969

I concur with Dana: very nice. It's also good to check back with one's favorite modellers once in a while, in this case Maya-san, for site updates: currently his hair models are not all available, though they've been transmapped-hair staples for years.

edited December 1969

I agree too, very nice nitehawk

• KludgeKludge Posts: 354
    edited December 1969

Thanks alot, I'm not a big fan of comics either but my husband said I should enter. But thanks again :-)

*grumble* Why are all the cool ones taken? Errr ... ummm ... He definitely got it right. And, as I said, you got off to a great start. But now, young lady, you've set bar height for yourself. Are you ready to pass it next month? :-)

edited December 1969

Dollygirl said:

Nice render lots of action and the girls are going strong. Check your PMs for your entry prize. Thanks for coming to play.
    Lonnie

Side note for renders in general: I particularly enjoy strong female characters here much as I do in science fiction. Jester's render gives that in spades and I'm particularly glad to see it.

• DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,646
    edited December 1969

Dollygirl said:
    Okay Guys let's see some Comic Life images! It is a blast to play with. It is free for thirty days and it just might get you that winning image. Comic Life has been very generous with prizes and I would like to see some images using this software.

Pretty please?!!!!! :)

Comic Life has no Linux version. Haven't yet decided whether it is worth trying it under Wine or not.

Kendall

You sir are a whiz! Just like my hubby. You will figure something out. Alexa needs her Comic Life!

edited December 1969

As Adam Thwaites has made so many freebies I thought I try and make one entry with only his stuff and this is it.
    I want it to be obvious that it is not drawn by hand.
    I played around in Shader Mixer trying to make a Cell Shader and it turned out OK so I used it here.
    I will try to put the shader up for download somewhere but I need to tide it up some first ;-)

Title: The Prologue

All freebies listed are by Adam Thwaites and required for this Challenge. No registration requited for downloads.
    Character one face: Werewolf.
    Character one body: Fitness.
    Character two: Panther.
    Character three: Beast form Beauty & Beast.
    Character four: Gemit
    Clothing for Character 1 and 3: Bodysuit. Surface groups added in DS4
    Hills: Open Road.
    Rock: Rock Arch.
    Clouds: Smoke. 25 up from end
    City: City.
    Moon: Planet Earth. 6 down

No count:
    Club: Spiked Club Prop.14 down. Hard to see.
    Clothing for Character 2 and 4: Dynamic Grass Skirt. I had to had to manhandle this pretty heavy in belder so I will not count it.
    Free fonts for texting downloaded from: jdGONEMAD.net and fontspace.com .
    Genesis

Rest of the scene built by planes.
    The Cell Shaders used was made in Shader Mixer.
    Scene built and rendered in DS4.0 pro.
    Postwork: Renders put together to a page, frames, text and signature added in Gimp

The 800 pix limit really hurts this time so I uploaded a "thumbnail" with the this post.
    Lager version of the entry here!

Cheers! Oom

Nice job Oom it qualifies. I think I really like the mono or dual tone renders.

edited December 1969

JesterVII said:
    Title: The Team

Items marked with a * require site regsitraition

TheSithLord v1.0 http://freelancecomics.blogspot.com/2011/04/descargas-downloads.html

*M4 Steampunk Vest http://www.sharecg.com/v/45520/gallery/11/Poser/M4-Steampunk-Vest

Dystopian Console Station http://www.daz3d.com/shop/dystopian-console-station

Conforming Bodysuit for Genesis (60 down) http://www.most-digital-creations.com/freestuff.htm (Required Item pants on Tech.)

*M4 Sci-Fi Armor http://www.sharecg.com/v/49584/gallery/11/Poser/M4-Sci-Fi-Armor-with-ParrotDolphin-Materials

*Curls for V4 http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/details.php?item_id=65471

Free Items with DS4.5 Download
    Magus Outfit
    Defiant Outfit
    Journeyer Scout Outfit
    Daz enviroments (all the back grounds)
    Aldora Hair
    Wildmane Hair
    Paid Items
    Sedition Soldier Body Suit
    Steam Cowboy Jacket
    Wildlander for M4 (Hood)
    Xurge3d EXO V4 (Helm)
    Henseki Rune (Harness Top)

Nice page Jester is this one you want to count or is it an NAE? I know it is those darn rules again.
    edited December 1969

JesterVII said:
    DanaTA said:

Dana

Honestly I'm not too sure about the bundle rules myself....Again still new at this. But if all the stuff from the bundle counts as one then I will change the entry to a NAE with no hard feelings.

Side note now that I have comic life the above mentioned team is getting reworked and I am attempting to make a short comic. So far Jester VII and Doc are the only two personalities I got really worked out.
    Oops sorry Jester just read this after I had posted the question. So since it did not get reworked we will count it as NAE until such time as you give us a heads up you want to see if it qualifies with changes made. Glad you are liking Comic Life. It is a hoot. A lot of fun.

edited July 2012

jeeperz said:

I thought that too but I wasn't sure. I think we should go with a neutral thing, and not get yea or nay on them. I do think that is what we have been doing for quite some time now.

edited December 1969

jeeperz said:

Well I went back and looked at the rules. Music is silent on content that is provided by a software package. I personally think that it should be eligible. It is content that came with a free version of DAZ. Now the Poser content I am not so sure about. I have Debut and it came with 2 or 3 Gig of content. I got Debut free last Dec. I bought PoserPro2010 and got some additional content Debut did not have. So for the Debut content my take is it is a no count. No link but I didn't pay for it. The stuff that came with Poser Pro I would count as paid for because I paid for the software that it came with even though renders with Poser are allowed.

edited July 2012

On a cold rainy street.

Girl:
    45 auto pistol #
    Headset #
    Guy:
    DAZ model pack - Mike 3
    Paratrooper pants
    Boots by mt.55 no link
    gloves #
    assault rifle #
    Goggles #
    Scene:
    3d alley
    Street #
    Building #
    Street lights #
    Old Apartment#
    50's Ford truck #
    US pickup #
    Audi A2 - 6 down
    Jeep #
    Trash bag
    a pile of trash - link?
    Paid item:
    Poses by me, with a lot of dial tweaking. Mike pose from Aiko Swat.
    Software used:
    Paint Shop Pro 7
    Go Here for big.

I was starting to get into this story and it ends leaving me wondering what's gonna happen next? This is a cool comic!

:-P

alley.jpg
    800 x 2000 - 353K
    edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    jeeperz said:

I thought that too but I wasn't sure, so I am glad you two reminded me of that. I think we should go with a neutral thing, and not get yea or nay on them. I do think that is what we have been doing for quite some time now.

Sooo ... hmmm ... basically ignore the whole issue and hope it'll go away. This works. ;-)

edited December 1969

Dollygirl said:
    Dollygirl said:
    Okay Guys let's see some Comic Life images! It is a blast to play with. It is free for thirty days and it just might get you that winning image. Comic Life has been very generous with prizes and I would like to see some images using this software.

Pretty please?!!!!! :)

Comic Life has no Linux version. Haven't yet decided whether it is worth trying it under Wine or not.

Kendall

You sir are a whiz! Just like my hubby. You will figure something out. Alexa needs her Comic Life!

I'd like to see one from Alexa.

:coolsmile:

edited December 1969

I definitely like what you've done with it. And I wanna know what happens next. :-)

edited December 1969

On a cold rainy street.

Girl:
    45 auto pistol #
    Headset #
    Guy:
    DAZ model pack - Mike 3
    Paratrooper pants
    Boots by mt.55 no link
    gloves #
    assault rifle #
    Goggles #
    Scene:
    3d alley
    Street #
    Building #
    Street lights #
    Old Apartment#
    50's Ford truck #
    US pickup #
    Audi A2 - 6 down
    Jeep #
    Trash bag
    a pile of trash - link?
    Paid item:
    Poses by me, with a lot of dial tweaking. Mike pose from Aiko Swat.
    Software used:
    Paint Shop Pro 7
    Go Here for big.

You are good nitehawk_ltd. You said you render it both with toon and regular. I take it that you did some of the scenes with toon and some of them in regular is that correct?
    Check you PMs for your entry prize.
    Lonnie

edited July 2012

Kludge said:
    music2u4u said:
    jeeperz said:

I thought that too but I wasn't sure, so I am glad you two reminded me of that. I think we should go with a neutral thing, and not get yea or nay on them. I do think that is what we have been doing for quite some time now.

Sooo ... hmmm ... basically ignore the whole issue and hope it'll go away. This works. ;-)

lol...No actually I wasn't clear about this issue myself, as we have never really addressed it as something to actually have a rule on. We just kinda used some of the included content but consentrated mainly on trying to collect freebies with links for everyone to get the item used. So, we just kinda used the content included if needed, but I don't think we ever really claimed it as a working linked freebie, but just included the use of it since it came with the DS program. Same with Poser I think.

edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    Kludge said:

lol...No actually I wasn't clear about this issue myself, as we have never really addressed it as something to actually have a rule on. We just kinda used some of the included content but consentrated mainly on trying to collect freebies with links for everyone to get the item used. So, we just kinda used the content included if needed, but I don't think we ever really claimed it as a working linked freebie, but just included the use of it since it came with the DS program. Same with Poser I think.

Okay, now I'm confused ... not that it takes a lot for that to happen. Heck, daylight confuses me. Anyway, the way I'm reading this is that individual freebies are preferred but ones that come with at least Studio (and maybe Poser) can be counted as well - possibly as needed to fill in the total number required? Or did I miss a step there? I probably did. It's something at which I excel. :down:

• JesterVIIJesterVII Posts: 175
    edited July 2012

You all remember my Team Post. Well here is the Update.

Title: Rescure, The Begining

Items marked with a * require site regsitraition
    TheSithLord v1.0 http://freelancecomics.blogspot.com/2011/04/descargas-downloads.html
    Conforming Bodysuit for Genesis (60 down) http://www.most-digital-creations.com/freestuff.htm (Required Item pants on Tech and Guards.)
    Vortex Prop(14 Down) http://www.most-digital-creations.com/free_poser_poses_textures_morphs_props_43.htm
    Pyre Set (4th Down) http://www.most-digital-creations.com/free_poser_poses_textures_morphs_props_26.htm
    Cage Prop, Pose (19th Down) http://www.most-digital-creations.com/free_poser_poses_textures_morphs_props_17.htm
    *M4 Sci-Fi Armor http://www.sharecg.com/v/49584/gallery/11/Poser/M4-Sci-Fi-Armor-with-ParrotDolphin-Materials
    *The Facility http://contentparadise.com/productDetails.aspx?id=21349
    *Alien Energy Platform http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/details.php?item_id=67732
    *Imperial Base 6 (Room Doc is in) http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/details.php?item_id=63029

Not Counted Free Items with DS4.5 Download
    Magus Outfit
    Daz enviroments (Burning at the stake)
    Aldora Hair
    Paid Items
    Sedition Soldier Body Suit
    Steam Cowboy Jacket
    Wildlander for M4 (Hood)
    Xurge3d EXO V4 (Helm)
    Henseki Rune (Harness Top)

Rescure2.jpg
    1545 x 2000 - 843K
    Post edited by JesterVII on
    edited December 1969

Btw I suck at lighting and posing....For some reason I keep loosing my floors.

edited December 1969

Dollygirl said:
    jeeperz said:

Well I went back and looked at the rules. Music is silent on content that is provided by a software package. I personally think that it should be eligible. It is content that came with a free version of DAZ. Now the Poser content I am not so sure about. I have Debut and it came with 2 or 3 Gig of content. I got Debut free last Dec. I bought PoserPro2010 and got some additional content Debut did not have. So for the Debut content my take is it is a no count. No link but I didn't pay for it. The stuff that came with Poser Pro I would count as paid for because I paid for the software that it came with even though renders with Poser are allowed.

So does that stuff count or not? After reading all the posts I am lost.

• countrygirl4yacountrygirl4ya Posts: 7
    edited December 1969

Kludge said:

Thanks alot, I'm not a big fan of comics either but my husband said I should enter. But thanks again :-)

*grumble* Why are all the cool ones taken? Errr ... ummm ... He definitely got it right. And, as I said, you got off to a great start. But now, young lady, you've set bar height for yourself. Are you ready to pass it next month? :-)

Well I guess it is a good thing that I am not scared of heights then.:-)