Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 6

Comments

• TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
    edited December 2013

Working on Mikey's face trying the lighting bump map deal......don't look at the hair it looks like poop I know

face1.jpg
    793 x 762 - 305K
    Post edited by Trish on
  • useroperatoruseroperator Posts: 247
    edited December 2013

the cup of tomorrow.....today! 3d print quality.

ghghgfghfhfg.png
    685 x 661 - 508K
    Post edited by useroperator on
    edited December 1969

Nice cup....like the steam

• GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

@Trish: Thanks. Those outfits look pretty good, I fancy the white with dark. The face image is looking real nice.

@Horo: Thank you. I'd forgot how to set up the pencil sketch settings and watch the video again. I did reset everything to default gray, but when the scene rendered I didn't like the blah look. So I starting playing with settings to re-enable the bump on everything and finally hit the right combination when the scene you see rendered. It was a simple matter of remembering the bump settings and re-enabling them after setting everything to default gray, but before checking out of the Mat Lab.

@Pam: Sorry one of your 3 babies lost its tinfoil toy, but unless it has a 3d printer, the one in that image has to stay. Perhaps teaching it to use Bryce might help relieve its sorrow.

@mermaid: Thank you. The material on the third object is from Pro Materials/Glass & Ice/Dirty Melting Ice.

@Scott: The image is looking real good. Figure is really coming along.

@Stuart: Wow, what a difference between those two images. I think both have their place, but it's nice to know how a partial transparent 2D face changes things.

@Jay: Boy, that's quite an image. Sort of looks like she's getting kind of wrapped up in her work.

@user.operator: Nice cup, and great work with the steam.

Here's a few more of my gem images. I liked the look of the background and sort of ran it into the ground in these images.

Sand_Blasted_Glass_Hex_Gem_1.png
    757 x 757 - 584K
    Pink_Bump_Gem_1.png
    757 x 757 - 632K
    Dark_Green_Gem_1.png
    757 x 757 - 450K
    Diamond_Gem_1.png
    757 x 757 - 481K
    edited December 2013

Todays free thing.......... http://www.daz3d.com/december-freebies

Thanks Guss......I also like the background look you have... sorta like silver grout...you must show me how to do that with my tile at the house my friends would really be impressed with that....:cheese:

I was thinking today about somebody else who used to hang around here a lot we haven't heard from in quite awhile......goshtac ...I wonder what happened to him??? He use to put a lot of freebies up

gosh.jpg
    167 x 190 - 23K
    free.jpg
    255 x 352 - 76K
    Post edited by Trish on
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,069
    edited December 1969

@StuartB4 - that worked out nicely. HDRIs with a bright light source can get problematic at times. If you see the sun in the render, place a sphere in front of it, make the sphere fully ambient so the "sun" is still visible and give the sphere some transparency. In this way, you can control the intensity with which the sun lights the scene.

@Jamahoney - that is awesome. Excellent use of the IvyGenerator.

@Trish - wish you luck with Mikey. Goshtac, I remember him but haven't heard from him for ages.

@user.operator - easier to drink from this barrel than from the previous triangular cup. Steam came out quite convincing.

@GussNemo - another set of great lapidary.

• Rashad CarterRashad Carter Posts: 1,798
    edited December 1969

Horo said:
    chohole said:
    Horo, I seem to remember that Photo.

I bet you do. Len made it from Rashad's and my Avatar, the main picture came from Trish. Now I hope Rashad won't beat me up for resurrecting it on Trish's request.

I could never be upset by such a well hung representation of myself. I do think the original guy was a bit heavy on the tanning, I'm still impressed with how well our skin tones were matched. And who could ever forget those sexy curly locks from Horo?

Revenge is sweet. I did have fun getting back at Len, when I glued his half face onto Beyonce dancing Single Ladies....to funny!!! But it's best not to re-hash it too much in his absence. This was a really fun chapter in our Bryce family history. Len had a way at times of knowing how to have fun.

edited December 1969

chohole said:

I bet Rashad never realised when he started the first one that we would have more than 500 pages of images and chat in 18 months.

True indeed. I'm impressed with the level of positivity and focus. I can also see in the official Daz Galleries that the Bryce renders being submitted are of a very good quality. The knowledge that is exchanged in this thread and others is evident in the works we are producing. Keep up the amazing work, all of you!!!

edited December 1969

David Brinnen wrote:
    And you have proven right about boost light, it is the better way if you can beat the noise. Which can be done.

I intended to respond to that statement eons ago. Thanks so much for sharing this observation with me. I tend to have a good eye for render errors, but I am not always elegant in describing the faults I may observe. I think Boost Light is indeed a powerful tool. I use it for most of my TA renders. I am delighted that after your won exhaustive studies that we have arrived at similar conclusions.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,956
    edited December 2013

StuartB4 – wow that looks very nice.

Jamahoney – Very nice use of the Ivy Generator.

Trish – Mikey is looking ,

user.operator nice cup and the steam is looking good.

GussNemo - another set of great gems. Thanks for the info on the material.

Post edited by mermaid010 on
  • GoshtacGoshtac Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hi folks - Have been missing from the Forum for some time. Computer issues had prevented me from doing any 3D art for almost 2 years but finally got back into swing of things with a new system.

One of my latest Bryce Renders is "Finding Atlantis" - Comments, Good or Bad always welcome. Best Wishes to my fellow Brycers for a Great and Safe Holiday Season... Bruce aka goshtac :coolsmile:

Finding_Atlantis.jpg
    1514 x 857 - 152K
    edited December 2013

OMG ...I was just talking about you how cool Bruce...was wondering what happened...Welcome back!!!! Trish p.s .I still remember that picture you posted of the deer in your yard.....got any snow yet??

Post edited by Trish on
    edited December 2013

This Christmas is like old home week who else can we name and they appear....thinking......Pumco.....Spacebones.....Michael F....

Post edited by Trish on
    edited December 2013

it's bryce baby.

hfghfgh.png
    927 x 823 - 1M
  • JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited December 2013

Cheers all for the very nice comments...though the Ivy Generator can be confusing at times to use, I love its simplicity - something not found easily these days.

Trish...I'm just getting into characters lately, and while the poses, clothes..etc., are all very finely done, it's when one gets close-up on a character's face, then it's the 'dead-eyes' look that lets it down, I think. I'm not sure if there is a way around this, as the eyes, lids, eye-lashes...etc., must be quite difficult to create realistically for the modellers who created them.

User...love that cup, very modern - the ridges, I'll presume, allowing some cooling so as to not burn one's fingers.

Jay

Post edited by Jamahoney on
    edited December 2013

Jay: yes I am finding it really hard to deal with this is what it looked like before I started messing with it...Think I will forgo close-ups for now...LOL he looks like some kind of creepy alien.... Trish

jay.jpg
    166 x 228 - 19K
    Post edited by Trish on
  • GoshtacGoshtac Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

OMG ...I was just talking about you how cool Bruce...was wondering what happened...Welcome back!!!! Trish p.s .I still remember that picture you posted of the deer in your yard.....got any snow yet??

Yes - We have snow - Plow has gotten a bit of a workout as of late. It is about -9 below in temp right now here. It is nice to be back in Bryce land with you folks. It truly has been awhile. Although I have had a new system for awhile now - it was Mel (My wife) who got me going again in my art. She belongs to a free online Jigsaw puzzle site where you can create your own puzzles and allow others to play with them. So I started to put my art up on the site and then got the bug to get back to creating again. jigidi.com is the site in case anyone here is into jigsaw puzzles.

Have a great day folks - Time for a bit of shut eye for me... Bruce

edited December 2013

Hahaa...Alien Mikey..a new DAZ product by Trish...buy it now :)

Animation of characters in DS (and Bryce) looks quite good, well, those I've tried so far, but don't know how close-up of faces might look (must give it a try).

Jay

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,069
    edited December 1969

I think Boost Light is indeed a powerful tool. I use it for most of my TA renders. I am delighted that after your won exhaustive studies that we have arrived at similar conclusions.

It is, it is. There's a caveat, though. I rendered an almost closed indoor scene using the Condemned model. The one I did 4 years ago was lit by HDRI and a very few radials. Now I tried Obscure Light which uses the HDRI from Inside and Boost Light. There is no difference how Saturation is set for the HDRI because the colours of the model are saturated and Boost Light puts that beyond. The render came out quite nice otherwise, still a bit noisy. I rerendered it conventionally lit with a cube fill light to get the colours right and got some pitch black spots. I have yet an issue or two and have to re-render both versions before I can combine the 48-bit TIFFs. I'll show the result here once I'm satisfied. What I want to emphasize here is that Boost Light is cool if you have full control over the materials applied to the objects - as in a still life you build up yourself.

@goshtac - hey Bruce, so great to see you again. We just wondered where you hid all that time. Great render.

@user.operator - very nicely done.

• StuartBStuartB Posts: 596
    edited December 1969

@Horo.

that worked out nicely. HDRIs with a bright light source can get problematic at times. If you see the sun in the render, place a sphere in front of it, make the sphere fully ambient so the “sun” is still visible and give the sphere some transparency. In this way, you can control the intensity with which the sun lights the scene.

Thanks very much Horo. Another good tip to remember.

Thanks mermaid010.

edited December 2013

Jamahoney said:
    Hahaa...Alien Mikey..a new DAZ product by Trish...buy it now :)

Animation of characters in DS (and Bryce) looks quite good, well, those I've tried so far, but don't know how close-up of faces might look (must give it a try).

Jay

Do you think they would go for it...I would have to run one heck of a con for that.. sell them back their own mesh.....LOL Trish

Post edited by Trish on
  • Electro-ElvisElectro-Elvis Posts: 842
    edited December 1969

@Jay
    @Trish

Jay: yes I am finding it really hard to deal with this is what it looked like before I started messing with it...Think I will forgo close-ups for now...LOL he looks like some kind of creepy alien.... Trish

I hope I understood you right, you have asked, if there is a work-around for dead-eyed characters? The good news, there is! If you are interested in I will have a look at it, when I am at home.
    edited December 2013

Yeah, Elvis...look forward to it.

Tried once having the eyes look off to the left/right one time, but it still looked 'dead-eye'. It's probably just me - they say "it's all in the EYE of the beholder"....ouch, couldn't resist ;)

Jay

edited December 1969

@Bruce: Nice scene, though I wonder if the light from the sub wouldn't have more of a cotton look to it because it's underwater. Still, nice.

@user.operator: Heavy scene.

@Trish: The answer to your floor looking like my rendered one is elbow grease. :lol:

@Horo: Thank you.

These are Wings 3d objects.

Pink_Bump_Wings_3d_Gem_2.png
    757 x 757 - 615K
    Extreme_Light_Cream_Wings_3d_Gem_1.png
    757 x 757 - 480K
    Bus_Plastic_Wings_3d_Gem_1.png
    757 x 757 - 587K
    edited December 1969

Elvis: that would be great

Guss: Is that all I thought you were going to tell me to melt down silver and use it as grout.....:cheese:

edited December 2013

@Trish: Yeah, you could melt silver and use it for grout. Would the floor stand the heat. Of course we're talking about the kitchen, right?

Post edited by GussNemo on
  • HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,750
    edited December 1969

Oh my, you should never leave your computer, too much happens!

@Horo: Always maddening when software does what it pleases, but doesn't please us!

@Chohole: Nice work, very funny!

@Mermaid: Shirt description here: There is a big sphere, that covers everything (almost), made of some crystal material. But relatively close to the ground it is cut off by an even larger cube. The result is that there is only a ring close to the floor, but curving inward.
    Within the sphere I placed an upside-down pyramid (glassy material). Largely within that pyramid there is another cube (glasslike, again). furthermore a small sphere, which is completely black. Then I also added a few stones and a posed snake. The stones are crystalline again, but the snake is a light greenish metal.
    The whole scene is lighted by the 'lemon cantaloupe' sky (IBL). The plane is a brass-like metal, without reflection, but with ambience, picking up some of the sky.
    Various geometric effects are caused by partial reflection and partial transmission of sphere (ring), pyramid and cube. You see stones and snake partly reflected.
    I decided to break through the symetric view by adding a light shaft created by putting a cylinder through the sphere onto the floor and giving it a green volumetric cloud material. I shone a green spotlight through the shaft. This created the strong starting beam in the top left. Personally, that last part is what I am very happy with. But also, the various interactions between the geometric forms in reflections leads to some nice forms.
    Anyway, making abstracts in Bryce is all about being creative with forms, transparencies and reflections and playing with colours, viewpoints, materials, etc. Just try and have fun!

@Stuart: Wow, great phantom. For me a bit too much reflection, but wonderful render!

@Jamahoney: nice mouse! Does it work with Windows 7?

@david and Horo: wow, thanks for the freebie!!!

@Horo: what a fantastic Christmassy abstract! Wonderful play of colours

@user.operator: I specifically like the bottom 'military' dragon

@ mermaid: nice stones! You might want to increase specularity a bit on the top render. The do not shine as they could, I think.

@user.operator: strange footballs you created ;)

@franontheedge: Very nice scene with good looking light rays. I would want to see a little vagueness round the edges, though. Perhaps create a second lightbeam that is slightly bigger but vague? Or probably David will know of a solution!

@bullit: very nice outfit. Great textures!

@fencepost: thanks. More will come (once I get to it)

@Gusnemo: weird, but great looking rust scene!

@Horo: What the f....? That doesn't look like a Bryce scene to me :)

@Scott-livingstone: man looks good.

@bullit: good looking texture. Bit of an awkward smile, but that is what people get when posing!

@user.operator: where are you taking Bryce? Not shoving it out of the door, I hope?

That's it for today!

edited December 1969

goshtac said:

Yes - We have snow - Plow has gotten a bit of a workout as of late. It is about -9 below in temp right now here. It is nice to be back in Bryce land with you folks. It truly has been awhile. Although I have had a new system for awhile now - it was Mel (My wife) who got me going again in my art. She belongs to a free online Jigsaw puzzle site where you can create your own puzzles and allow others to play with them. So I started to put my art up on the site and then got the bug to get back to creating again. jigidi.com is the site in case anyone here is into jigsaw puzzles.

Have a great day folks - Time for a bit of shut eye for me... Bruce

So glad to see from you Goshtac!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

edited December 1969

I am loving these crystal type structures, very nice work from many of you.

User.operator
    I serious love everything you are doing. The triangle cup looks fantastic to me. Your latest Bryce construction vehicle looks amazing. I dont see any overly strong color bounces so I am assuming you enabled Scattering Correction this time? Very very very good TA work you are doing. Please never stop.

Guss
    I just love your ability to have so much fun with Bryce and your technical expertise never ceases to amaze me. Your gallery is very nice as well, do keep it up!

Bullit,
    Good to see some character study going on. Hair is a real boon and I find that transmapped hair is so slow rendering. This is why I prefer geometric hair, renders much faster even if it does cost a lot more in polygons.

I need to comment on more people's works and will in due time...

edited December 2013

thanks all for appreciating my renders, and even though I may not reply specifically, I appreciate everyone else's advice and renders aswell. another thing to keep in mind is that most of my renders, are also modeled from scratch.

@rashad

these are the settings I used. scattering has its place, but I find it either detrimental or having no effect on most renders. I'll re-render it with scattering enabled and do a side by side comparison.

I actually think that if bryce were a vehicle, it could be a forklift. slow (i'm looking at you cpu render times!), decent lifting capabilities, generally easy to operate, but clunky at times ;)

fdgdfgdfgfd.png
    869 x 767 - 724K
This discussion has been closed.