Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 12

Comments

• Novica said:

Richard just told me they are doing another update to DIM so if you don't have the .52 (the last two numbers) then wait. After reading that thread, I wanted to know if the update popping up was to fix the screwy or if that WAS the screwy messing people up. So I'm waiting a couple hours and seeing if any news is posted on that thread. My DIM worked fine in the wee hours of this morning, but haven't done anything today. Just getting online but headed out, my dog had surgery (my old 13 year old, more about that when I get home. It was an ear surgery.)  TTYL

As I justs aid in the other thread, this has apparently been delayed. The update was to fix an issue when the log-in details (password or email) had a + in them, if you can't log-in with .51 and have a + in your detaisl the work around would be to chnage the details for now via a website log-in, or of course for most things download manually from the Product Library and place the zips in the Downloads folder.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited October 2019

I found the Photoshop Playtime thread which has the other renders from when we played around, it was fun surfing through that again. So please put any renders of those in that thread. :)  Going way back to 2015!  So hopefully everyone has some new plug ins since then, or can use this as a POKE POKE POKE to use what they've "bought and forgot."   (BAF) should be a constantly used thing so far as I'm concerned!

I've added another tip to Hand Drawn and it's over in that thread.

Post edited by Novica on

I've created an index over on Photoshop Playtime to make it easier to surf. One thing I had mentioned- if you don't have Photoshop or the plug in, you are more than welcome to post one of your renders and someone with a plug in can play with it for you. (You retain the rights to your render and subsequent works derived from it.)  

Do note, if you are going subscription, the Photography is 9.99 a month and includes the latest Photoshop version. Don't subscribe to the 29.99 one a month if you just want the plug ins and to use Photoshop. 

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,733
    edited October 2019

Bought the Collective3d Movie Sets Victorian Exterior hoping I could hide the boards to make it more useful.  But that didn't work, there are shadows painted behind so it looks awful.  Wish vendors would include the unaltered texture when they do this, it's not much extra work.  So I changed shaders completely instead, using vyktohrias Architectural Iray Shaders (on sale now btw) which is a great set with lots of options, for the house, and then adjusted the environment shaders as well.  Looks pretty good I think.  I've hidden the shingles on the house-only render, which gives a nice different look.

victorian_external_original.jpg
    1355 x 933 - 407K
    victorian_external_original_boards_hidden.jpg
    1355 x 933 - 409K
    victorian_external_costum_shaders_01.jpg
    1355 x 933 - 329K
    victorian_external_costum_shaders_01_shingles_hidden.jpg
    1355 x 933 - 276K
    Post edited by Taoz on
    Taoz said:

Bought the Collective3d Movie Sets Victorian Exterior hoping I could hide the boards to make it more useful.  But that didn't work, there are shadows painted behind so it looks awful.  Wish vendors would include the unaltered texture when they do this, it's not much extra work.  So I changed shaders completely instead, using vyktohrias Architectural Iray Shaders (on sale now btw) which is a great set with lots of options, for the house, and then adjusted the environment shaders as well.  Looks pretty good I think.  I've hidden the shingles on the house-only render, which gives a nice different look.

That looks so different!  Much, much better. 

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

Ugh! We just had a transformer blow up in our neighborhood for the 2nd time this year! And this time when the power was restored my 27" FHD Acer P244w monitor I bought way back in October 2006 at Office Depot is fried! I'm so disappointed. No other piece of computer equipment I've bought have I had for so long. Well, I do still have my fancy HP calculator I bought way back in Jun 1988 (it's sparse matrices solving prowess didn't help me pass my Circuits I course though sadly as I didn't know we were allowed to use calculators on tests. laugh)

edited October 2019

Talk about easy- The Photo To Painting plugin has NO masks (you don't paint anything) and the layers are easy to change for results. And, the results are almost instant. I'll be giving more details over in the Photoshop Playtime thread. The link here goes to the YouTube video which will show you the results. It's really fun! 

AlabamaPhotoToPaintingALL SMALL.jpg
    444 x 800 - 342K
    Post edited by Novica on
  • NathNath Posts: 2,718

Great, now I remembered my photoshop actions as well. Don't have time to play too much, but thanks for the memory jog *g*

@nath   Do you happen to have the 30 Realistic Paintings Photoshop Actions by fastdesigner? 

• Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823

I have to admit i haven't even heard of Photoshop Actions before, now I'm curious though so will have to see what I can found out :)

@carolao   I will PM you 

Photoshop Actions and Plug Ins are the same, unless I'm mistaken. The plug ins run the action. I think vendors are just running out of ways NOT to duplicate each other. For example, there's tons of dust, dust storms- so when someone names it Dust Storm Photoshop Plug In, another vendor would have to say Dust Storm Photoshop Action.

Novica said:

@nath   Do you happen to have the 30 Realistic Paintings Photoshop Actions by fastdesigner? 

No.pe.

I have

Dispersion Photoshop Action 
    SandStorm Photoshop Action 
    Explosion Photoshop Action 
    Water Photoshop Action 
    Glory Photoshop Action 
    Mixed Media Photoshop Action 
    Archi Sketch Photoshop Action 
    Tech Sketch Photoshop Action 
    Code Art Photoshop Action 
    Christmas 3 Photoshop Action 
    Vintage Sketch Photoshop Action 
    After People Photoshop Action 
    Pencilum - Real Hand Drawn Photoshop Action 
    HyperFuze Photoshop Action 
    Architekt Photoshop Action 
    Cell Shader 2 Photoshop Action 
    Dimension Photoshop Action 
    Artist Photoshop Action 

@nath  I have the ones marked y.  One you might really like that I just did is FURY. OMGosh, that is so much fun and the video is awesome.  I'll be posting that one later this afternoon/evening.  I'd love to see the Explosion one in action that you have,  and I'll be doing two called Vintage Art and Vintage but I don't have Vintage Sketch. 

Dispersion Photoshop Action    y
    SandStorm Photoshop Action    y
    Explosion Photoshop Action 
    Water Photoshop Action      y
    Glory Photoshop Action     y
    Mixed Media Photoshop Action    y
    Archi Sketch Photoshop Action 
    Tech Sketch Photoshop Action 
    Code Art Photoshop Action 
    Christmas 3 Photoshop Action 
    Vintage Sketch Photoshop Action 
    After People Photoshop Action     y
    Pencilum - Real Hand Drawn Photoshop Action 
    HyperFuze Photoshop Action   y
    Architekt Photoshop Action   y
    Cell Shader 2 Photoshop Action 
    Dimension Photoshop Action 
    Artist Photoshop Action 

edited October 2019

Here's the explosion photoshop action on some quiches I baked last year, with no further work on it.

There's a video here:

IMAG1165_orig.jpg
    4000 x 3000 - 1M
    IMAG1165.jpg
    800 x 600 - 137K
    Post edited by Nath on

@nath  LOL the latter would look like MY cooking. 

edited October 2019

Here's the Fury Photoshop plug in, after tweaking it, using tips from the video. Details on the Photoshop Playtime thread. I think the original (shown in other thread) is way, way, way too cluttered.  IT'S EASY TO TWEAK AND THE VIDEO IS GREAT. HIGHLY RECOMMEND, even for beginners to the plug ins. 

He made an interesting comment in the video- no two effects/results are ever the same!  You get a new pattern every time.

Post edited by Novica on

Fury looks cool.

Does anyone know whether this set, https://www.daz3d.com/forests-trees-and-grass-world-building-set, is actual geometry or billboards?

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,043

@Nath

Looking at the grey images they look like Billboards, they are flat with no depth.

Fishtales said:

@Nath

Looking at the grey images they look like Billboards, they are flat with no depth.

That's what I feared looking at them, but I couldn't really work it out in the description

Do billboard trees include shadows? 

Well, Pensacola is getting ready for gonna-probably-form Tropical Storm Nestor. We need the rain (2-4" predicted) and it's just going to be like a somewhat prolonged thunderstorm night. However, the peninsula is going to have to watch for those pesky tornadoes that these storm bring ashore. You folks keep your weather radios on tonight and through the wee hours of the morning! 

They're bringing Stetson and the rest of the horses in around 3pm this afternoon, as the bands are expected to be here around 4pm. If it changes, they're watching it. I love where I board him, they really take good care of the critters. 

I got the Yuzuru Pro Bundle down to 25.71  (81% off)  with the six required things going 76% off. SIX things required- seriously? Glad they went 76% off or I would have said Forget it!  But to be fair, we do have PC+  $6 coupons to use too. The textures were 3.67 with six in the cart, so that would almost cover the cost of two of the required products. 

• firewardenfirewarden Posts: 1,455

I grabbed Yuzuru also. I think he has one of the most versatile bundles in quite a while. Not to mention, he's a match for a favorite anime style. He feels like the spitting image of Cloud in Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children. So glad that his price was reasonable. And I love the prosthetic leg, so I grabbed that. The only things I didn't get were Jace (close call, though), the Tepes textures, and Darui. I came close to grabbing the extra two characters, but didn't. Now I'm waffling about it and thinking I should have grabbed them. I may place a duplicate order before the day is out if the prices still work and return the first order. Depends upon my self control or lack thereof.

Do you think one of the existing females is supposed to be his companion or will they give us a similar style of girl?

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,180

Do you think one of the existing females is supposed to be his companion or will they give us a similar style of girl?

Crocodile Liu mentioned him as a companion to Kanade shortly after her release.

• firewardenfirewarden Posts: 1,455
    edited October 2019

I was wondering about Kanade, but she doesn't really look like the exactly same style to me. She looks more cartoony to me.

ETA: I went back and looked. Some pix and versions of her are less toony than others, making her look more like his style.

ETA: Looking through again... I think Yazuru is more a near-photorealistic anime (look at his skin and features), and Kanade is a more cartoony anime. Hope they come out with one that matches him better.

Post edited by firewarden on
    edited October 2019

I've got the giggles right now, I just tried Fury, then Photo To Paint/ Fury on a picture I just took of myself. It's cold and wet (not windy yet, Tropical Storm Nestor isn't here yet) so hence the hoodie. I wanted to get natural side lighting so outdoors I went!  Brrrr, it's miserable. And the results were.... interesting. I was particularly curious to see how Fury would do on a real person, focusing on the hair. When the vendor mentioned that the results would be different each time, he wasn't kidding. Sometimes the effects were concentrated on the face, sometimes not. The long lines were sometimes there, sometimes not. All you have to do is turn them on in the layers, but the PATTERNS are never the same.

I did notice I had the image size waaaay too small so results would be better (mine was 800 px and you need a minimum of 1500 for best results)  But I was just playing around so thought I'd show you. One thing I would recommend (and I did) is to erase some of the more pronounced wrinkles because this really exaggerates them. Like, you look like Hagred the Witch. (Remember her from our interactive gameplay we did?)  So this is me minus some wrinkles (which I proudly wear, I earned every single one of those smile lines! But I don't need them 20x more exaggerated!)  

Personally, I'd love to see Robert in Photo To Paint and Fury. That beard would be awesome!  @robertfriese have you ever done a plug in on a selfie?

This is Photo To Paint.   Look at that hair!!   Love the trees in the background.

Keepint the Photo To Paint, Adding Fury.

Me Fury.jpg
    481 x 640 - 224K
    MePhotoToPaint.jpg
    481 x 640 - 313K
    Me FuryPhotoToPaint.jpg
    481 x 640 - 253K
    Post edited by Novica on
  • memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,750

Novica,

I saw your first image, and even knowing you were in a hoodie, I saw a 'wise mystical woman in a cloak'. That is a lovely image. And the 'Art Deco' versions are very interesting.

I saw the weather radar for your area, immediately thought of you. Hope it is just needed rain. Stay safe.

Mary

For those of you who took the survey, the email code doesn't work. There's a purple banner for your $5 off of DOs. Valid through the 29th.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,180

They're the same code, though.

This discussion has been closed.