Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 12

Comments

• NathNath Posts: 2,713

*blink*

surprise
    After I got Yuzuru yesterday, today I picked up Kanade 8, and Star 2.0 (not because I like Star, but at 1.99 for the bundle, I wanted the hairs).

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,043
    Novica said:
    Fishtales said:

It is 8ºC/46ºF here at 09:00, misty and damp smiley There is a band of cloud/mist across the hill between the shore and the summit with low cloud on the higher summits and drifting mist/cloud above the fir trees.

Where are you Sandy?

A bit late with this but a few images from yesterday. The view from the restaurant.

20191018_160147-copyright-006.jpg
    3264 x 1836 - 233K
    20191018_175851-copyright-007.jpg
    1836 x 3264 - 247K
    20191018_160245-copyright-009.jpg
    3264 x 1836 - 250K
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,926

Oh, all my nieces from one of my brothers are in Scotland now on a touristy vacation. For some reason they are visiting battle sites instead of Nessie though!  laugh

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

@fishtales  Quite lovely! 

Well, Pensacola was rainy all weekend, a friend of mine near Tampa had a tornado touch down six miles from her house, which is honestly what most of us were worried about with these fast moving tropical storms.  I did read an interesting article- from a well respected science group. Our hurricane season is indeed getting longer with the increasing warmth in the oceans. One day each year! (Does that mean 365 years from now it will be hurricane season all year long?  Hmmm.)  Weather Channel had the interview, it was with two of the meteorologists. 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,136

My email code worked fine, and yes, I believe it is the same as the banner code.

edited October 2019

Don't miss esha's Poseable Peonies in the PC+ for a Day sale. They are beautiful.

Star 2 Dandelion Mix Peonies.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 945K
    Post edited by barbult on
  • gitika1gitika1 Posts: 948

If you were on the fence regarding Yuzuru 8: the price is cheaper today than the Release date, when you use the BIG-THREE offer.  Unfortunately, I purchased on the release date hoping that there would be a Thank-you discount for the weekend (as with the last couple of Pro Bundle releases) and no surprise, frown there wasn't.

• NathNath Posts: 2,713

Wow, I didn't notice the big-three offer - time to contact CS... blush

Do any of you have Beta/Public Build and Release installed?  If so, any tips, so that I don't mistakenly mess up my current, working just fine, set-up?  The Beta files have been sitting in DIM waiting to be installed for sometime now.  Thanks for any help you may be able to offer.

edited October 2019

gitika1 said:

Do any of you have Beta/Public Build and Release installed?  If so, any tips, so that I don't mistakenly mess up my current, working just fine, set-up?  The Beta files have been sitting in DIM waiting to be installed for sometime now.  Thanks for any help you may be able to offer.

I am running 4.12.1.16 Public Beta with no content problems. The Beta has its own preferences, so you have to be sure to set those up to find your content (Content Directory Manager). There is a script that will copy the settings from the Release build to the Beta build, to make that easier. I'll update this post if I can find the link to that script.

Here's the script to copy the user interface (workspace, style, etc.) I don't remember whether that one copies the Content Directory Manager settings or not. Maybe Richard will drop by and clarify.

Post edited by barbult on
  • firewardenfirewarden Posts: 1,454
    gitika1 said:

If you were on the fence regarding Yuzuru 8: the price is cheaper today than the Release date, when you use the BIG-THREE offer.  Unfortunately, I purchased on the release date hoping that there would be a Thank-you discount for the weekend (as with the last couple of Pro Bundle releases) and no surprise, frown there wasn't.

But the BIG-THREE coupon does not say it cannot be used to buy an owned item at a lower price, so you could re-buy and request a refund.

barbult said:

gitika1 said:

I am running 4.12.1.16 Public Beta with no content problems. The Beta has its own preferences, so you have to be sure to set those up to find your content (Content Directory Manager). There is a script that will copy the settings from the Release build to the Beta build, to make that easier. I'll update this post if I can find the link to that script.

Here's the script to copy the user interface (workspace, style, etc.) I don't remember whether that one copies the Content Directory Manager settings or not. Maybe Richard will drop by and clarify.

Thank you Barbult.  Dim will install the beta to it's own directory rather than overwrite my current install, correct?  Just checking.  Thanks again!

gitika1 said:
    barbult said:

gitika1 said:

Thank you Barbult.  Dim will install the beta to it's own directory rather than overwrite my current install, correct?  Just checking.  Thanks again!

Yes, it will be installed to a separate directory.

Hmmm, When the PC+ started, we were assured with the prices going up, that SETS and complicated items may be in the $4 up range. How is this warranting almost a FIVE DOLLAR price tag?   $4.89 (seriously, just make it 4.90 and it's 10 cents away from $5)  

Upping the price so PC members' 10% off brings it back DOWN is just plain...well, tacky in my opinion.   Compare that to Gate Guardian, highly detailed and $3.49

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,022
    Novica said:

Hmmm, When the PC+ started, we were assured with the prices going up, that SETS and complicated items may be in the $4 up range. How is this warranting almost a FIVE DOLLAR price tag?   $4.89 (seriously, just make it 4.90 and it's 10 cents away from $5)  

Upping the price so PC members' 10% off brings it back DOWN is just plain...well, tacky in my opinion.   Compare that to Gate Guardian, highly detailed and $3.49

Earlier dForce PC items were all $6.99 or $8.99, the $4.89 dForce items from the PC sale are actually cheaper than usual.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,136
    Leana said:
    Novica said:

Earlier dForce PC items were all $6.99 or $8.99, the $4.89 dForce items from the PC sale are actually cheaper than usual.

$4,89 is the $6.99 base PC+ price with the Introductory 30% discount (which normally lasts for two weeks). Members should actually be paying $4.40 (or less with 2+ items in the cart) while it is Debut or Stil New in the Anniversary sale.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,022
    MelanieL said:
    Leana said:
    Novica said:

$4,89 is the $6.99 base PC+ price with the Introductory 30% discount (which normally lasts for two weeks). Members should actually be paying $4.40 (or less with 2+ items in the cart) while it is Debut or Stil New in the Anniversary sale.

Right, I forgot about the intro discount... 

• firewardenfirewarden Posts: 1,454
    barbult said:

Don't miss esha's Poseable Peonies in the PC+ for a Day sale. They are beautiful.

Thank you for your recommendation on these; I had overlooked them and made sure to go back and grab them while they were $1.99.

• barbult said:

Thank you for your recommendation on these; I had overlooked them and made sure to go back and grab them while they were $1.99.

Same here

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,136
    barbult said:

Same here

Add one more to that! I don't know how I missed them when they were first released.

If esha made it, you can count on it being beautiful. I'm glad you guys got them.

• genarisgenaris Posts: 313

Does PC-for-a-Day mean, you know, a day (24hrs, 1 Daz Day) or PC-for-a-little-while-til-we-change it?    Because as I was going to bed this am in wee hours, both the Hog & Barrel Pub exterior and interior were showing as PC for a Day in the section AND showing the $1.99 price.  But I was going to browse the store and scope the sales later so I threw em in cart (at $1.99 each) and went to bed. Now, as the daz Day is waning I went back to finish browsing & shopping before the 2am (my time) end-of-daz day, and LO... these two items STILL SHOWING UP in the section of PC for a day items, BUT SHOWING FULL NORMAL PRICES, and even in the cart, the full normal price.    Even if I feel a bit guilty about buying such extensive, and nearly new items for $1.99, Daz started this race to the bottom, not me, and if it was in the category at the start of the day, it should still be there now at the $1.99 price.  If this product was erroneously tossed on this sacrificial altar of $1.99 for a day, then when they fixed the price back to normal they should have also removed it from the PC for a day listings.     I thought maybe it was my PC's browser, old data, but I also am looking at site with my tablet as I write this, and the two Hog & Barrel items ARE STILL SHOWING up in the PC for a day strip, but still showing full normal price.  Did anyone actually get either or these at PC for a Day $1.99 price?
        ~Gen

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,121

Daz Midnight to Daz Midnight, which may be more or less than a calendar day. There have been some pricing hiccups, so hopefully they extend the sale on those particular items for another day, but as is, some people were lucky enough to get them at the PC+ pricing, but I gather not many.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560
    Novica said:

I am fatigued by the influx of Marvelous Designer dforce outfits for the guys. Not everything needs to be dforced, and quite frankly most of these sets explode on me, or don't have the detail I want. If I have to run a simulation to make it fit, why charge so much. And we already have about 4 pajama outfits for Genesis 8 male. So, I hope we at least get something different than the usual. 

I put it in my cart, but took it out again... realizing, yeah, I do have several already, and there is a serious lack of detail.

• genarisgenaris Posts: 313

I stumbled onto something interesting & useful for postworking renders and would like to post about it, with generously sized (like 2000 - 2250 ish pixels wide) BEFORE and AFTER images, don't want to put them in gallery naturally, and I am under the impression that if I just upload them in a post they'd get brutally downsized by the forum software-- which would make it hard to see the fine details being demonstrated.    What should I do?
       ~Gen

genaris said:

If this product was erroneously tossed on this sacrificial altar of $1.99 for a day, then when they fixed the price back to normal they should have also removed it from the PC for a day listings.     I thought maybe it was my PC's browser, old data, but I also am looking at site with my tablet as I write this, and the two Hog & Barrel items ARE STILL SHOWING up in the PC for a day strip, but still showing full normal price.  Did anyone actually get either or these at PC for a Day $1.99 price?
        ~Gen

Gen  I am PMing you. 

@genaris  IIRC the limit was 2000 px for uploads, then I recall it being 2MB, so I'm not sure what exactly is in play so far as the rules. Help, mods? 

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,121
    edited October 2019

The gallery claims a size limit of 10MB, but in my experience uploads fail with a generic 404 if it's between 8-10 MB. I've had to compress images that were, say, 9.2MB down to a smaller size before they would successfully upload.

Post edited by Gordig on

I am fatigued by the influx of Marvelous Designer dforce outfits for the guys. Not everything needs to be dforced, and quite frankly most of these sets explode on me, or don't have the detail I want. If I have to run a simulation to make it fit, why charge so much. And we already have about 4 pajama outfits for Genesis 8 male. So, I hope we at least get something different than the usual. 

I put it in my cart, but took it out again... realizing, yeah, I do have several already, and there is a serious lack of detail.

I haven't tackled dForce with settings, I know I am WAAAAAY behind the rest of you- but I just click the default and if it works, it works- so yeah, I've had a lot of explosions too. My observation about that outfit was also right in tune with yours- there wasn't anything fancy to catch my eye. I realize there are three lengths but from messing with material zones previously, selecting mesh and shortening pants doesn't SEEM to be that hard. I know creating hems and stitchery adds to the process though (I'm guessing.)  Kudos for having three lengths, but I'm like you, I have enough PJs. I could dress an entire neighborhood in PJs LOL. 

This discussion has been closed.