Comments

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,280
    edited October 2019

Mine shows Membership Started: January 08, 2015

Which tells me something isn't right unless that's when the PC+ started

I started when the PC membership first started and haven't stopped

Post edited by Robert Freise on
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,944

Must be 5 years total time paid membership but not necessarily continuous. I've had this current DAZ account since 2009 and been PC+ member on & off that whole time but until 2016 I hardly bought anything or even downloaded the weekly freebies.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

When did the PC+ start? My PC Club (and PC+)  dates back to the correct starting date, back in 2013. So now I'm wondering if I joined in Sept 2012 and this is only showing the PC+ timeframe. But I thought I had waited awhile to join so it appears July of 2013 may be correct for when I started. (Ten months of overpaying. Sheesh.) 

• Must be 5 years total time paid membership but not necessarily continuous. I've had this current DAZ account since 2009 and been PC+ member on & off that whole time but until 2016 I hardly bought anything or even downloaded the weekly freebies.

Going to tell on myself here I've had my account since they changed from Zygote to DAZ

edited October 2019

Must be 5 years total time paid membership but not necessarily continuous. I've had this current DAZ account since 2009 and been PC+ member on & off that whole time but until 2016 I hardly bought anything or even downloaded the weekly freebies.

Going to tell on myself here I've had my account since they changed from Zygote to DAZ

I bought some stuff back when it was Zygote & then DAZ but not for long, maybe a year I messed with it. I remember buying the 1st Victoria & the 1st Michael and a a couple of the toonimals if you remember those. It was too expensive & I was actually very busy at a real job then too so I found other hobbies that required less learning (but more money - weekend excursions by plane or train are not cheap although most of the weekend trips i took weren't more expensive than a shopping excursion in the early Zygote/DAZ 3D store).

@Novica - my current PC+ membership was only for 3 months and expires this 22 Oct 2019 so Jul 22 - Oct 22 2019. I'm confident of the 10 years since I created this DAZ account less than half of it's been as a PC+ member.

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    Novica said:

When did the PC+ start? My PC Club (and PC+)  dates back to the correct starting date, back in 2013. So now I'm wondering if I joined in Sept 2012 and this is only showing the PC+ timeframe. But I thought I had waited awhile to join so it appears July of 2013 may be correct for when I started. (Ten months of overpaying. Sheesh.) 

PC started in 2002,  before we had forums.  The forums arrived in time for the PC first anniversary.

@chohole  Interesting. But when did the change occur to PC+ when the prices were raised? 

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,059
    Novica said:

@chohole  Interesting. But when did the change occur to PC+ when the prices were raised? 

2013 I think.

I seem to vaguely remember way back in the early 2000s you could be a PC member for $6 monthly. I'm not sure when the quarterly and/or monthly membership became a requirement. Sometime after 2009 because I remember paying monthly for a while in 2009 as well. For about a year I forgot I was even having that membership deducted from my account.

• I seem to vaguely remember way back in the early 2000s you could be a PC member for $6 monthly. I'm not sure when the quarterly and/or monthly membership became a requirement. Sometime after 2009 because I remember paying monthly for a while in 2009 as well. For about a year I forgot I was even having that membership deducted from my account.

PC was originally annual, then because of chnages in the way credit card processing companies handled annual subs (they charged higher fees due to the issue with people chnaging their minds or disputing the fee later) we were told it would be monthly from there on, which prompted many complaints, which is when Daz added PayPal as a payment method since that would handle annual subs without excessive fees.

Oh, interesting survey from Daz, just got it a few minutes ago. Check your emails. They're interested in making our PC+ a better experience and what we'd like to see/prioritize. 

Then, they had general Daz questions. My priorities for Daz overall were weekend support, a more reliable site where things actually work. 

• NathNath Posts: 2,727
    Novica said:

Oh, interesting survey from Daz, just got it a few minutes ago. Check your emails. They're interested in making our PC+ a better experience and what we'd like to see/prioritize. 

Then, they had general Daz questions. My priorities for Daz overall were weekend support, a more reliable site where things actually work. 

I got that too - I was a bit alarmed by the question about subscription services. Luckily I am getting along better and better with Blender, so if DAZ were ever to go along that evil path, I could switch easily. I do use Adobe CC products, but that is only because I use them at work and I like to work at home now and again (also, university subscription rate).

Yeah, I saw that. Not thrilled about that aspect, either.  I'm confused about work offline and needing the internet, as I've never done "work offline."  If it were to go subscription, wouldn't work offline thwart that? Ugh. 

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    edited October 2019
    Novica said:

Yeah, I saw that. Not thrilled about that aspect, either.  I'm confused about work offline and needing the internet, as I've never done "work offline."  If it were to go subscription, wouldn't work offline thwart that? Ugh. 

I didn't get the survey, so I'm responding to your question only: I have the Substance suite on subscription. It keeps track of the date somehow, either actual date or number of days, not sure which. And if I open any of the programs past that date, it lets me know I need to reactivate, which requires I go online. But once my subscription is verified, it's good for the next month and I don't have to be online to use any of the programs in the suite. (That is the only subscription software I have atm, and once I qualify, I'll be converting it to perpetural license.)

I have no idea what Daz is thinking of doing, but I would expect a subscription service to work like that, with authentication only necessary to confirm your subscription is up to date if the end date has passed.

(However, I am dead-set against subscription software services on principle!)

Post edited by L'Adair on
  • I hope they don't go subscription but if they do it'll save me a lot of money since I'll not go the subscription route

• sueyasueya Posts: 826

Has anyone received the voucher for doing the survey yet?

• frankrblowfrankrblow Posts: 2,052
    sueya said:

Has anyone received the voucher for doing the survey yet?

I'm pretty sure the email said we get it this week, so I doubt it would be so soon.

Oh too funny- Ebil instead of Evil for the kid!  (Look at today's new releases.) 

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,247
    Novica said:

Oh too funny- Ebil instead of Evil for the kid!  (Look at today's new releases.) 

I'm glad someone is finally leaning in to how horrifically creepy Tobyn and Caryn are.

edited October 2019

Haven't played with Photoshop plug ins for awhile.  Here's a video for Hand Drawn Photoshop Action  and another one. 

I took an old render that had a complicated background, to see how hard this plug in was. You know how that goes, the people making the product come up with masterpieces and you're left wondering what they did with all those layers to get that result. Well, this is my very first one and I did a few things that first video suggested, such as using the eraser to soften some edges (but I didn't use Gaussian Blur at all.)  

I did lightly opague a bit of the background to 20% so some of it would keep detail. In this plug in what you color/ mask is what is kept, aka it has detail. 

When you first run the plug in, you'll need to turn on "Add Photo Color" layer so the gals have color.
    The Overall Sharpening Layer was 10, I lowered it to 7 as it was a bit pitty/gritty.

Subject Brightness/Contrast Layer was Normal, I changed it to Soft Light.  (You change all these by right clicking the layer and choosing Blend Mode.) 

Crosshatch Texture Layer I went to Blend Mode>and checked Gradient Overlay, then tested if I wanted a Linear, Radial, etc. That changes the lighting effects. I put the degree to 136 based on these gals. 

Enhance Shadow Detail Layer  was on Vivid 30, I changed to Multiply 58. 

I didn't do any postwork, such as saturating, sharpening, etc. This is out of the box. Not bad for the first time. :)  (If you have ever played around with plug ins, you know how you can get "What the heck is THAT?" the first time you try one LOL) 

Deco12thFLoorJackylineOutfitSorayaImogenV7Small ORIG.png
    804 x 867 - 972K
    Deco12thFLoorJackylineOutfitSorayaImogenV7 SMALL.png
    804 x 867 - 1020K
    Post edited by Novica on
  • firewardenfirewarden Posts: 1,456
    Novica said:

Haven't played with Photoshop plug ins for awhile.  Here's a video for Hand Drawn Photoshop Action  and another one. 

Very cool! Bookmarking those videos and I'm going to try that out. Always looking for more hand-drawn looks!

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,213

That looks pretty nice!

Anyone have any idea why nothing I've bought in the last four days shows up in DIM? The last I downloaded was stuff I bought on the 11th. I've bought quite a bit and there is zero to download in DIM.

Anyone have any idea why nothing I've bought in the last four days shows up in DIM? The last I downloaded was stuff I bought on the 11th. I've bought quite a bit and there is zero to download in DIM.

A lot of people have been having that problem. It has been posted that Daz is aware of it and working on it.

@barbult

Thanks for the info! I'll look for that thread. I had Googled it for any hits on that question in the past month and came up empty. I zoned about checking the forum directly. Need caffeine!

@barbult

Thanks for the info! I'll look for that thread. I had Googled it for any hits on that question in the past month and came up empty. I zoned about checking the forum directly. Need caffeine!

@firewarden here's a link to a thread that talks about it.

barbult said:

@barbult

Thank you kindly! :) I had found it and bookmarked it. Just finished downloading some stuff, as hitting refresh repeatedly after nothing was found actually did make DIM finally find my items.  Yay! :)   Although why refreshing didn't work earlier, I'll never know... I guess DIM just wanted attention. ;)

• barbult said:

@barbult

Thank you kindly! :) I had found it and bookmarked it. Just finished downloading some stuff, as hitting refresh repeatedly after nothing was found actually did make DIM finally find my items.  Yay! :)   Although why refreshing didn't work earlier, I'll never know... I guess DIM just wanted attention. ;)

I had the same problem yesterday until late last night or early this morning when I checked and it worked

Richard just told me they are doing another update to DIM so if you don't have the .52 (the last two numbers) then wait. After reading that thread, I wanted to know if the update popping up was to fix the screwy or if that WAS the screwy messing people up. So I'm waiting a couple hours and seeing if any news is posted on that thread. My DIM worked fine in the wee hours of this morning, but haven't done anything today. Just getting online but headed out, my dog had surgery (my old 13 year old, more about that when I get home. It was an ear surgery.)  TTYL

edited October 2019

Very cool! Bookmarking those videos and I'm going to try that out. Always looking for more hand-drawn looks!

You have several layers where you can increase the amount of scratchies/ pencil lines too. Very easy to do. Also, a contrast layer just for those lines. SevenSeas is my top pick for a vendor over at Envato/Graphic River. I have a lot of his/her plug ins, which I've shown the past several years in the thread. Going to be revisiting them and just playing with Photoshop. Anyone else who wants to play and post their PS plug in results, feel free. We haven't done that in a year or two. (WOW time flies!)  Just mention which plug in you're using please.)

Post edited by Novica on
This discussion has been closed.