Hexagon 2.5.2.109, General Release!

1235»

Comments

• SF-DesignSF-Design Posts: 986
    edited March 2019
    rk66 said:

The last beta build is already in 64 bit.

ahh good to know. Thanks. I followed the instructions and got it. 

Post edited by SF-Design on
  • The Hexagon banner will tell you which version (when it first loads up, and in the Help-About Hexagon). 

If you do have the wrong version, check DIM's Download Filters (top left of screen) and tick the 64 bit box and try again 

edited March 2019

The Hexagon banner will tell you which version (when it first loads up, and in the Help-About Hexagon). 

If you do have the wrong version, check DIM's Download Filters (top left of screen) and tick the 64 bit box and try again 

yeah, thank you! This was the case here. I did not unhide the 64 Bit Version. Now I have it. 

Post edited by SF-Design on
  • Glad you got it working SF-Designs.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,063

Is the latest a stable build, or still beta?  I haven't downloaded Hexagon for a few years.  I'm working with Silo, but would like to have both available, especially since Hexagon is also 64 bit now.

Dana

• yess i know, so my question was wrong...any news for hexagon 64bit final? :-)

best regards

marie

Glad you got it working SF-Designs.

Thank you very much! Seems I worked with the 32 Bit version way too long because I did not notice what you explained smiley

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,365

i have a Hex 2.5 in my downloads within DIM this morning... is this Beta or a new general release? 

I'd like to know, too!

Dana

• If you have the Beta version installed it will say (In DIM) - "Hexagon 2.5 (Win 32 or 64) Public Build +BETA+"

It all depends on the options you've selected in the Downloads part of DIMs settings (the gear icon-top right of screen).

I have not bothered with the beta.  I don't have time to figure out problems.  (have enough of my own problems to deal with)  I'm just wondering when a 64 bit version will be acftually ready for use, not a beta.

Dana

more i want to know why there is a download of Hex 2.5 in DIM? it jsut says Hexagon 2.5(Win) 
    I don't do beta programs, and don;t ned to download it as I have the most current version, unless this is a new one. 

• To be honest Daveso, I have no idea why it suddenly appeared in your DIM out of no-where. If I remember correctly DAZ made the FULL version of Hexagon free to DAZ Studio users a while ago and added it to their account - maybe that has something to do with it ?

Personally, I've had very few problems with the Beta version.

To be honest Daveso, I have no idea why it suddenly appeared in your DIM out of no-where. If I remember correctly DAZ made the FULL version of Hexagon free to DAZ Studio users a while ago and added it to their account - maybe that has something to do with it ?

Personally, I've had very few problems with the Beta version.

its strange. Usually when that happens there is an update or something, but its in the main download area. oh well. maybe i will DL just to get it out of there. 

• BorgBoy7BorgBoy7 Posts: 102

I have downloaded the latest version from the install manager.  It still shows up with a circle slashed on it as though it were not 64bit.  I'm using MAC OS Catalina and just lost the use of all my DAZ software because they were not 64bit.  I have DAZ Studio back but no Bryce or Hexagon.  Have I done something wrong or is it just because of the Catalina upgrade?

• BorgBoy7 said:

I have downloaded the latest version from the install manager.  It still shows up with a circle slashed on it as though it were not 64bit.  I'm using MAC OS Catalina and just lost the use of all my DAZ software because they were not 64bit.  I have DAZ Studio back but no Bryce or Hexagon.  Have I done something wrong or is it just because of the Catalina upgrade?

Yes, it's the Catalina upgrade as there are no 64 bit versions of Hexagon and Bryce,

• de3ande3an Posts: 915
    BorgBoy7 said:

Yes, it's the Catalina upgrade as there are no 64 bit versions of Hexagon and Bryce,

So what is the status of the 64 bit Mac version that was said to be in development? Has Daz thrown in the towel on further Macintosh development of Hexagon? The lack of any progress reports is disheartening.

Would Daz prefer that Macintosh users just shut up and go away?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited October 2019
    de3an said:
    BorgBoy7 said:

So what is the status of the 64 bit Mac version that was said to be in development? Has Daz thrown in the towel on further Macintosh development of Hexagon? The lack of any progress reports is disheartening.

Excuse me for maybe asking a stupid question, but when did OS Catalina arrive on store shelves?.       Do give the devs time to breathe   Daz is not some giant conglomerate with 100s of people working on development

Post edited by Chohole on
  • de3ande3an Posts: 915
    Chohole said:

Excuse me for maybe asking a stupid question, but when did OS Catalina arrive on store shelves?.       Do give the devs time to breathe   Daz is not some giant conglomerate with 100s of people working on development

Chohole, allow me to explain.

Apple distributes a developer release of its operating systems many months ahead of the actual commercial release to give developers time to revise their applications.

The main issue in the case of the Mac version of Hexagon is that it is still a 32 bit app (unlike the Windows version which has already been updated to 64 bit).
    32 bit applications will not run on Mac OS Catalina. This fact has been common knowledge for a long time.

In June of 2018 it was officially reported in this forum that the Mac 64 bit support was under development. Here it is, 1 year and 4 months later, and still no 64 bit version.

Now that Catalina is the current Mac OS, anyone that upgrades to it, or purchases a new Mac, will find that Hexagon will not function.

This is why some of us are becoming impatient.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

I am aware of most of the facts,   I am trying to make you understand that Apple is a big multi million dollar corporation that has 120,000+ full time employees and they change things to fit their own objective and stop other things working, regardless of all the small companies that are struggling to keep up.

• 64bit applications and Catalina MacOS, this is why I am slow to update my MacOs. I still run a few 32bit apps. If you did upgrade and would like a 64 bit app try Cheetah3D. It is affordable and powerful to use. Having wrote this I do love Hexagon and hope for a stable 64bit version ASAP but I will not sit still and wait for ever!

• Axe SwipeAxe Swipe Posts: 23

Been away for a LOOOOooooooooongtime. Glad to see this getting updated!

• Axe Swipe said:

Been away for a LOOOOooooooooongtime. Glad to see this getting updated!

What??

• RaytownmikeRaytownmike Posts: 58
    edited April 2020
    de3an said:
    BorgBoy7 said:

I think so, right!

Post edited by Raytownmike on

• How to download Hexagon Version 2.5.2.109?
    It cannot be downloaded from the official site, it gives errors:
    "{
      "code": "expired_auth_token",
      "message": "",
      "status": 401
    } "
    and
    Open the "URL ^ daz3dim Protocol" application.
    DazCentral doesn't download either.
    What to do???

• ahmetov-ru said:

How to download Hexagon Version 2.5.2.109?
    It cannot be downloaded from the official site, it gives errors:
    "{
      "code": "expired_auth_token",
      "message": "",
      "status": 401
    } "
    and
    Open the "URL ^ daz3dim Protocol" application.
    DazCentral doesn't download either.
    What to do???

There is nothing you can do, this is a general issue. When we have any news we will post to https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/524986/dim-won-t-download-new-purchases#latest