Hexagon 2.5.2.109, General Release!

124»

Comments

  • ShawnDriscollShawnDriscoll Posts: 289
    edited April 2018

    Hexagon 2.x uses its own window size because of the widget library it's using. I do like your overly exagerated re-sized window example though.

    Post edited by ShawnDriscoll on
  • Sky HndxSky Hndx Posts: 137
    RCTSpanky said:

    Can't find (again) the new version of Hexagon 2.5.2.109. I've used a updated version of the DIM-tool, checked Hidden files, but there are no new files for install. Can I get some help, please?

    It's called 2.5 if you've used a 2.5 version before in the past. DAZ3D is confusing customers is all. Thus, the help on this forum.

    I've had 2.5.0.5 for some time now and have had it working just fine (...well fine enough anyway) without too much weeping and gnashing of teeth.  

    *...slowly backs out of the room

  • RectroRectro Posts: 35

    Well thats a suprise.  Thought id pop back to see how good old Hexagon is doing not forgetting where I came from, and its being updated, great news. Il be keeping a eye open, even although iv moved on.

     

    Dan aka Tez

  • RCTSpankyRCTSpanky Posts: 786

    No news since February 2018. Is Hexagon frozen again?

  • rbtwhizrbtwhiz Posts: 1,493

    No, Hexagon development is not frozen. Far from it, actually. The truth of the matter is that it has turned out to be significantly more work than anticipated.

    That said, we do currently have a 64-bit version of Hexagon running on Windows. We are actively constructing/modifying our building and publishing processes to accommodate the addition, so that new (and more frequent) builds can more easily/efficiently make their way through testing... and ultimately to release.

    On OS X, things haven't gone quite as planned. To be completely frank things haven't gone quite as planned on Windows either, but the required changes are more significant on OS X. I don't mention this to cause undue concern —we are still actively working toward Hexagon 64-bit for both supported platforms— I mention it so that expectations are set accordingly. What I mean by that is, when the general public gets their first look at Hexagon 64-bit, it will very likely only be on Windows initially.

    -Rob

  • Thanks for the update Rob :)

  • SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 6,162

    Incidentally, what are the specs likely to be for the Windows 64-bit version? My computer's a bit on the old and creaky side, but still manages to run the 32-bit version with no more than the usual problems.

  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 49,277

    Incidentally, what are the specs likely to be for the Windows 64-bit version? My computer's a bit on the old and creaky side, but still manages to run the 32-bit version with no more than the usual problems.

    The same as the 32 bit version, we are told.

  • crentiescrenties Posts: 0

    When i inport an object and select the object Hex crashes!

  • RCTSpankyRCTSpanky Posts: 786

    Thanks for the update. Fortunetelly I use a Windows PC for Hexagon, but I hope you'll fix the Mac Problems too soon.

  • If you have any problems (crashes etc) please contact the support team -

    https://www.daz3d.com/help/help-contact-us

  • DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 2,784
    crenties said:

    When i inport an object and select the object Hex crashes!

    What was the object?

  • marblemarble Posts: 3,149
    rbtwhiz said:

    No, Hexagon development is not frozen. Far from it, actually. The truth of the matter is that it has turned out to be significantly more work than anticipated.

    That said, we do currently have a 64-bit version of Hexagon running on Windows. We are actively constructing/modifying our building and publishing processes to accommodate the addition, so that new (and more frequent) builds can more easily/efficiently make their way through testing... and ultimately to release.

    On OS X, things haven't gone quite as planned. To be completely frank things haven't gone quite as planned on Windows either, but the required changes are more significant on OS X. I don't mention this to cause undue concern —we are still actively working toward Hexagon 64-bit for both supported platforms— I mention it so that expectations are set accordingly. What I mean by that is, when the general public gets their first look at Hexagon 64-bit, it will very likely only be on Windows initially.

    -Rob

    The improved stability has enabled me to play with Hex without constant crashing since I bought it years ago (both on Mac and PC). It still crashes sometimes and I have not used it much but I'm finding the "sculpting" tools a little easier to use than Blender's proportional edit (which, I'm assuming, is the direct equivalent). Selecting in Blender has proved a headache for me because it selects vertices "through" an object. For example, If I select the front of a shirt - fitted to a G3 figure - a patch of vertices on the back are also selected. I've trawled google searches but the only way around this I can find is to select and hide areas which is a time consuming extra step. I don't seem to have such selection issues with Hexagon so far, but as I said, very little experience as yet.

    Still, Blender does have true sculpt tools which Hexagon doesn't so there's a place for both. I'm looking forward to a 64 bit version which should improve performance considerably.

  • SelinitaSelinita Posts: 798

    @Rob,

    You have lots to do and I thank you for it, please don't forget us, poor Carrara users and fix the export to .car issue already reported - wink

     
    Selina

  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 10,181

    Yes, thanks. 

  • SelinitaSelinita Posts: 798
    Selina said:

    @Rob,

    You have lots to do and I thank you for it, please don't forget us, poor Carrara users and fix the export to .car issue already reported - wink

    Thank you heart

    I see that this issue has been addressed in the latest Beta release - 2.5.2.137. You and the Team's efforts are greatly appreciated !!!


    Selina

  • Diomede_CarraraDiomede_Carrara Posts: 8,532

    +1

     

    Selina said:
    Selina said:

    @Rob,

    You have lots to do and I thank you for it, please don't forget us, poor Carrara users and fix the export to .car issue already reported - wink

    Thank you heart

    I see that this issue has been addressed in the latest Beta release - 2.5.2.137. You and the Team's efforts are greatly appreciated !!!


    Selina

     

  • josfinkensteinjosfinkenstein Posts: 4
    edited August 2018

    I have submitted a ticket to support - just frustrated that the version which I had paid for and worked reasonably has been replaced by a version that now won't work. That is the public Beta and 2.5.2.109 - both just hang and then crash.

    Is there a link anywhere to getting to older versions of Hexagon 2.5 anywhere?

    Post edited by josfinkenstein on
  • Thanks for work on Hexagon Daz. This is a great modeler. If some of the big bugs are squashed I may start using this instead of silo due to the bridge.

  • Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 1,135

    Can you confirm that the only way to install this newest version is through DIM and that I have to completely remove the 10 yr old version I currently have before installing the new one? If I have to remove the old version, where can I find the places I have to look to make sure I have removed everything...Note* I have windows 9 on a PC (never tried mac, though curious about it).

  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 29,482

    ...Windows 9?  I thought MS skipped that number and went right on to 10.

  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 10,847
    kyoto kid said:

    ...Windows 9?  I thought MS skipped that number and went right on to 10.

    Correct: Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, and 10.  No 9.  Odd.

    Dana

  • Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 1,135

    LMAO that's what I get for trying to think when I'm tired.  I have windows 7

  • Can you confirm that the only way to install this newest version is through DIM and that I have to completely remove the 10 yr old version I currently have before installing the new one? If I have to remove the old version, where can I find the places I have to look to make sure I have removed everything...Note* I have windows 9 on a PC (never tried mac, though curious about it).

    There should be an uninstaller for Hexagon, that will uninstall everything.

  • I have the older Hexagons and the lastest one installed.

  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 29,482

    LMAO that's what I get for trying to think when I'm tired.  I have windows 7

    ...same here and I'm sticking with it as long as I can.

  • Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 1,135

    I don't remember how to use DIM...lol this is not my week...lol

Sign In or Register to comment.