DIM Problem after Update

Today I got the information that I have to update DIM, I used version 1.2.0.27 and shoul be updated to 1.2.0.51.

This procedure in former time is not new to me, and it works all time before, now it seems to be time for a problem.

After update i can not login to DIM, I got the message that I have to check my email or password, but I didn't changed it.
Login into web account is still working, without problems. Also library content in DAZ is working.
On the other hand I can not go back to the former version, because I get the message that I have to update to the new one.

Failure message attached file:

THANKS

Comments

• There might have been a problem with the server, try again.

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,901
    edited October 2019

Today I got the information that I have to update DIM, I used version 1.2.0.27 and shoul be updated to 1.2.0.51.

This procedure in former time is not new to me, and it works all time before, now it seems to be time for a problem.

After update i can not login to DIM, I got the message that I have to check my email or password, but I didn't changed it.
    Login into web account is still working, without problems. Also library content in DAZ is working.
    On the other hand I can not go back to the former version, because I get the message that I have to update to the new one.

THANKS

If it is still not working, does your login details contain any special characters, e.g. a plus character + ?

Post edited by DoctorJellybean on
  • Today I got the information that I have to update DIM, I used version 1.2.0.27 and shoul be updated to 1.2.0.51.

THANKS

If it is still not working, does your login details contain any special characters, e.g. a plus character + ?

You gotta be kidding me.
    The whole world is talking about secure passwords and here suddenly after an update the simplest restrictions are no longer possible.
    And I don't mean special characters from the Asian, Russian or self-created characters.

Yes, you're right. I actually had to change the PW to be able to log in to DIM.
    I'm really sorry, but I have no understanding for that.
    This is NOT against you personally.
    On the contrary, I thank you for your hint.
    THANK YOU! 

• If you had a plus character in your password, the latest update (1.2.0.52) fixes that.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

THANKS

Other (some at least) special characters seem to be ok.

• thanks @DoctorJellybean and @nicstt, I could solve the problem with your help.

What annoys me is not that there is a problem, this can always happen in programming, but if an update of DIM is available, I can't use the previous version to the full extent anymore, but only in offline mode.
    I get the information that a new update is available only when I have logged in successfully. If I can't log in I don't get any information that there is a new corrected update.
    I think it would be better if I get the information that there is a new update, but still have the possibility to work with the previous version and see there is a new update again.