WELCOME TO THE 5TH ANNUAL WINTER WONDERLAND

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Plus Jeeperz knows I am alwasy here to be a spoilspo.....umm I mean an impartial moderator. :coolgrin:

• jeeperzjeeperz Posts: 1,102
    edited December 1969

Tick tick tick.....

• DorseylandDorseyland Posts: 724
    edited December 1969

MINI-CONTEST ENTRY

Well, it was SUPPOSED to be, but my render engine blew a gasket, There was steam and oil all over the place. Had to walk 10 miles in the snow to get the replacement part.

Actually, I ran, but the dealer is a really old codger and he's hard of hearing. He thought I wanted to buy an "asswipe". I told him, "No, no, a GASKET, and hurry up about it!"

Then he gave a big sob story about his dodgy hearing aid and I ended up helping him fix that too. It just took too long.

No worries, I shall try to try again later once the mess is cleaned up. Good thing I got a new asswipe. Meanwhile ...

NOT A MINI-CONTEST ENTRY

HARD-PACKED SNOW

Figures from left to right:

Xploding Penguin by Mr Sparky
    Cape Snowman by pokeydots at ShareCG
    Snow Baby by Traveler at RuntimeDNA
    Ginger Gal from Shar3D
    Freezy Fritz from Poseratier
    Smokin' Sid by Mr Sparky

Plus:

Charlie Tree from Dreamslayer Artwork
    Christmas Tree by Orestes Graphics via DAZ
    Bank Scene by 3DEricDesign at Deviant Art
    Snowground by Mototsume

DecMini01.jpg
    947 x 733 - 452K
    edited December 1969

Hat it when that happens... Sorry bout your luck Dorsey.... Did someone say snow??? We have about an inch of ice on the ground and now it's starting to snow....

SNOWBALL FIGHT!!!!?!??!?!!!

edited December 1969

But but but you're supposed to LOVE the Winter Wonderland! It sounds like you're complaining!

Give me a little time with the snowballs. I'm trying to animate a bunch of them using one of Casual's scripts, but I need to take a course in physics first. I should be ready for a snowball fight by April at the latest.

• Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252
    edited December 1969

Ducks behind snowmen to avoid snowball barrage from jeeperz.

edited December 1969

I DO love the snow, but an inch of ice under it..... Not so much. Got my grandson and daughter suppose to come out today with her hubby coming after work for a trip to get our tree in the woods tommorow, just hoping he can get out to our place tonight cause it's not getting above freezing today. We have 4wheel drive and studded tires so we are good to go get them.

Tosses several snowball into the thread to see what happens

edited December 2013

OUCH!

Post edited by Dorseyland on
    edited December 1969

Not much of a fight so far.

DecJoke.jpg
    947 x 733 - 85K
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,063
    edited December 1969

MINI-CONTEST ENTRY

Well, it was SUPPOSED to be, but my render engine blew a gasket, There was steam and oil all over the place. Had to walk 10 miles in the snow to get the replacement part.

Actually, I ran, but the dealer is a really old codger and he's hard of hearing. He thought I wanted to buy an "asswipe". I told him, "No, no, a GASKET, and hurry up about it!"

Then he gave a big sob story about his dodgy hearing aid and I ended up helping him fix that too. It just took too long.

No worries, I shall try to try again later once the mess is cleaned up. Good thing I got a new asswipe. Meanwhile ...

NOT A MINI-CONTEST ENTRY

HARD-PACKED SNOW

Figures from left to right:

Xploding Penguin by Mr Sparky
    Cape Snowman by pokeydots at ShareCG
    Snow Baby by Traveler at RuntimeDNA
    Ginger Gal from Shar3D
    Freezy Fritz from Poseratier
    Smokin' Sid by Mr Sparky

Plus:

Charlie Tree from Dreamslayer Artwork
    Christmas Tree by Orestes Graphics via DAZ
    Bank Scene by 3DEricDesign at Deviant Art
    Snowground by Mototsume

Too bad you missed it. Cute.

Dana

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

Not much of a fight so far.
    That's because we don't usually throw snowballs...

(tosses an Eskimo Pie at jeeperz)

• DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,645
    edited December 2013

My entry for the main contest

The Prince and the Pea

Seriously, you don't think I am a Prince?

You see Hans had it all wrong. I told him it was me but he didn't listen very well. Truly though, I was the one tested and not my princess. Oh and it wasn't a bed but a pile of pillows.

The Freebies:
    Cat: * Millennium Cat LE by DAZ 3D.
    Cat: Texture * Three-Colored Cat for DazMillCat by ArMa Vision.
    Décor: Window stiles * MathMagic Windows by MatheMagic.
    Décor: Window Wall Floor * Window Prop by Olympus.
    Environement: Snowman * Flinks Snowman by Flink.
    Environment: Castle * Little castle by Maria.
    Environment: Lighting InaneGlory's Simple Soft Lighting by InaneGlory.
    Environment: Rain * Modualz Atmospherics - Rain Vol 1 by Traveler.
    Environment: Sky * Sky dome by glaseye.
    Environment: Snowman Hat * Morphing St Pat Hat by Deerpath.
    Environment: Texture on skydome * SkyDome Expansion 4 by glaseye.
    Environment: Trees * Winter Pine by Traveler Judith.
    Prince: Character and Texture * !Tyrese! For m4 by Sheldon24.
    Prince: Crown * Piggy Crowns by Jordi R. Cardona.
    Prince: Glasses * Prae's Pince-Nez by Prae.
    Prince: Hair * SOTO's Vincent for The Freak 4 by SOTO.
    Prince: Pants * Japanese School Uniform & Inner Shoes by Aziqo 3574.
    Shader: Blanket * J-Tex Tartan 2 for Fabricator by jansilla.
    Shader: Crown * Ultimate Shader Pack for DAZ Studio by Georgehaze.
    Shader: Orrey table top * Super Shine Shader - TopCoat for DAZ|Studio 1.7 by Marianne Gilliand.
    Shader: Pea * Shader Pack 1 for Daz|Studio 3 by Groovemaster.
    Shader: Snow * WinterLand Fabrics - 23 Ice and Snow Shaders by Calida.
    Shader: Window * Glass, Ice and Drink Shader Preset by Questor.
    Shaders: Pillow Pile * YuleTide (Victorian Christmas tiles) by tyllo.

The No Counts
    MIA for various reasons, Christmas gifts, prizes, owner no longer offers the product or you just can't determine where in the picture it is
    Prince: Shirt Texture AngelFlutterJTex by Jezz. Christmas gift 2012
    Prince: Shirt Angel Flutter Shirt & Silk Hat for M4 by Aziqo 3574. Christmas gift 2012
    Environment: Snow on Window Sill 3dk Abstract Sculpture by Westormi. Freebie for DAZ Contest in 2009
    Environment: Ground Vikike's Ground 02 by vikike176. Rendo Christmas Gift
    Environment: Ground Base Light by Krissy. Freebie Contest Prize
    Décor: Plant Terracotta pot with soil and small tree by dorkati. Shocktober 4
    Décor: Orrey and Table Orrey C by SAMS3D. Rendo Christmas Gift
    Prince: Base * Michael 4 Base by DAZ 3D.
    Prince: Base * Michael 4 Morphs++ by DAZ 3D.

The following are from two sites I am not going to link to here in the thread. If you wish these links you can contact me through PM.
    Décor: Pillow Pile Sofa armchair coffeetable 3D Collection by 3DBar.
    Décor: Curtains Curtain N231211 by Alexey Pavlov.
    Décor: Curtain Curtain N041010 by Helen Bergson.
    Décor: Blanket on Bed Veil N150413 by Annalisa.
    Décor: Bed Bed by Tom Petty.

The Paid Fors:
    Environment: Lighting * Advanced Ambient Light by Age of Armour.

* means registration is required. Curtains were shaded with one of my shaders. Poses for cat and Prince are what you get in the base packages. Pea was made with a primative sphere.

ThePrinceandthePea-DAZ.jpg
    800 x 1035 - 471K
    Post edited by DollyGirl on
    edited December 2013

Dollygirl said:

The Prince and the Pea

You see Hans had it all wrong. I told him it was me but he didn't listen very well. Truly though, I was the one tested and not my princess. Oh and it wasn't a bed but a pile of pillows.

That's funny. Nice work. I like how you made the wonderland outside the window!

Dana

Post edited by DanaTA on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 2013

۝۝۝۝۝۝۝۝۝۝۝۝۝۝۝۝۝۝۝۝۝

snowfight2.gif
    275 x 289 - 54K
    Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    Dollygirl said:

The Prince and the Pea

That's funny. Nice work. I like how you made the wonderland outside the window!

Dana
    Thanks Dana

• Lord GanthorLord Ganthor Posts: 592
    edited December 2013

Main Contest Entry:

FROSTY THE SNOWMAN: HIS FINAL DAYS

With a hit song, greeting cards, toys, games, a much loved TV. Holiday special and countless personal appearances, Frosty the Snowman was riding high on fame and loved by countless millions around the world. Unknown to the public at large, Frosty had a deeper, darker side. An unfortunate and messy scandal involving the Snow "Queen" and several of Santa's elves made tabloid headlines internationally and was fodder for industry wags and gossip show for months. His fans, at odds with the shortcomings of their beloved star and his wholesome image began deserting him in droves for a new and upcoming Christmas icon that appeared on the horizon. Sponsors turned their backs and entertainment bookings vanished overnight. Frosty's life became one of total, dark despair. With fame and fortune behind him, Frosty became a hopeless alcoholic, spending his last days amid the dingy back alleyways of Anaheim, California, slowly wasting away in a muscatel tainted puddle of slush, forever dreaming of a glorious comeback. Upon his final demise the notices were small and few, if any, cared. Thus ended the life and career of another forgotten star, a victim of the Holiday Spirit that glows brightly in the hearts of man.

1.) Pizzpot the Snowman Registration Required.

2.) Wine Bottle Registration Required.

3.) Drink Cans Do a CTRL + F to search Can. Textures Changed.

4.) Morphable Moving Box Registration Required.

5.) Kitty Cat Mesky for Poser and Daz Studio Registration Required. No Textures. Colors Changed in Bryce 7.

6.) Wire Fence Wire Section Only Prop. Framing Added in Bryce 7.

7.) 3d Broom Prop Registration Required. .obj Format.

8.) Trash Bin Registration Requried.

9.) Street Construction Set - Street Lamps Add-On Registration Required.

As always, figure set-up in DAZ Studio 4.6 with final render in Bryce 7. No postwork save for addition of signature and copyright notice.

Frosty_The_Snowman.jpg
    596 x 616 - 265K
    Post edited by Lord Ganthor on
    edited December 1969

Poor Frosty! Nice LG

edited December 1969

It's enough to make a grown man cry.

Ganthor's spelling, I mean.

edited December 2013

It's enough to make a grown man cry.

Ganthor's spelling, I mean.

I have never been good at spelling...I will never be good at spelling. I draw pictures...I'm an artist, dammit, not a speller...

I sort of wondered why when I did a cut and paste from word pad to the forum reply why it didn't correct my spelling. I'll get on that...

Okay, the intro has been spell-checked and updated. Must be dis cold I'm fightin'...

Post edited by Lord Ganthor on
    edited December 1969

Main Contest Entry:

With a hit song, greeting cards, toys, games, a much loved TV. Holiday special and countless personal appearances, Frosty the Snowman was riding high on fame and loved by countless millions around the world. Unknown to the public at large, Frosty had a deeper, darker side. An unfortunate and messy scandal involving the Snow "Queen" and several of Santa's elves made tabloid headlines internationally and was fodder for industry wags and gossip show for months. His fans, at odds with the shortcomings of their beloved star and his wholesome image began deserting him in droves for a new and upcoming Christmas icon that appeared on the horizon. Sponsors turned their backs and entertainment bookings vanished overnight. Frosty's life became one of total, dark despair. With fame and fortune behind him, Frosty became a hopeless alcoholic, spending his last days amid the dingy back alleyways of Anaheim, California, slowly wasting away in a muscatel tainted puddle of slush, forever dreaming of a glorious comeback. Upon his final demise the notices were small and few, if any, cared. Thus ended the life and career of another forgotten star, a victim of the Holiday Spirit that glows brightly in the hearts of man.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/index.php?&ACT=50&fid=41&aid=112226_bWqAKIVGjjVsZhJlQenv&thumb=1&board_id=1

What a sad story. Very imaginative, as usual, and good work!

Dana

edited December 1969

HEY, JUST KIDDIN', GANTMAN!

When you can do art like that, you can spell words any way you want.

edited December 1969

I kinda liked the mis-spelling. Gave the piece character.

• selias19selias19 Posts: 252
    edited December 1969

Ok. I will try the 1 hour challenge. Never done anything like this before.
    So the clock will start ticking for me NOW.

• Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,401
    edited December 1969

Main Contest Entry:

5.) Kitty Cat Mesky for Poser and Daz Studio Registration Required. No Textures. Colors Changed in Bryce 7.

As always, figure set-up in DAZ Studio 4.6 with final render in Bryce 7. No postwork save for addition of signature and copyright notice.

Oh my God, You have Genesee beer in that pic!!! That's a Buffalo, NY area company (specifically Rochester). My dad used to drink Genny Cream Ale and (later) Genny NA. Nice touch.

My only critique is that Frosty had a button for a nose, not a carrot.

• selias19selias19 Posts: 252
    edited December 1969

Wow, I did it! Under an hour.
    Nothing special but here it is.

Title: Building a Snow Man

I used the free snow man from rdna,
    Wilmap's winter outfit and some pants and boots I had in my content,
    Morphing Snow pile
    Daz Millenium environment winter

BuildingASNowman_Final.jpg
    800 x 600 - 115K
    edited December 1969

HEY, JUST KIDDIN', GANTMAN!

When you can do art like that, you can spell words any way you want.

I probably should have been an English major instead of a History major...I wasted all my time in English class drawing and sketching. Made me a better artist, but a lousy speller.

Dollygirl said:
    I kinda liked the mis-spelling. Gave the piece character.

...as if I'm not enough of a character as it is...

Oh my God, You have Genesee beer in that pic!!! That's a Buffalo, NY area company (specifically Rochester). My dad used to drink Genny Cream Ale and (later) Genny NA. Nice touch.

My only critique is that Frosty had a button for a nose, not a carrot.

Using the Genesee Beer texture was pure happenstance...sort of. I was born in Rochester, moved way south when I was young and when returned for visits I always remembered the signs all over the place for some reason. I guess because I was living in a dry county which didn't allow beer advertising all over town. Just a passing nod to my roots, I guess.

While the song may make note of his "button nose" other graphic interpretations give him the more traditional carrot. This particular character had the carrot and it was just too difficult to pull it out and replace it in Bryce. Besides, I'm not sure how the rules would cover rearranging parts of a model and if that would violate said use. In other words, I'm just lazy.

edited December 1969

selias19 said:
    Wow, I did it! Under an hour.
    Nothing special but here it is.

Very well done! Better than I could do in under an hour...I know, 'cause I've tried. I can't do anything in under an hour, including getting dressed to go to work.

• music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,822
    edited December 1969

Real nice Selias.

:-)

edited December 1969

There you go talking about me again...you weren't apost to tell!

edited December 1969

Main Contest Entry:

I was wondering where this skeleton came from...now I know!

LordGanthorsStarvingMusician.jpg
    485 x 700 - 278K
    Frosty_The_Snowman.jpg
    596 x 616 - 265K