[Released] 100: The Ultimate Superhero Pose Collection

Those ThingsThose Things Posts: 1,113

ETA: Released! Get it here:  https://www.daz3d.com/100-ultimate-superhero-poses-for-genesis-8

Yep, it's 100 poses. And I'm not doing any funny math either, and counting mirrors as poses. If I did that, it would be 200 poses. I kept it at 100, because Fight Lab topped out around 160ish, and some people reported that that was bit much, ha ha. Plus, I plan to do a second volume, so 100 seemed like a good amount.

I threw in lots of my personal favorites, like that thing the Hulk does when he claps his hands together, and that one-handed cartwheel kick that Daredevil and Catwoman are so fond of, but I mainly stuck to what my extensive research showed were the most classic and common poses for villains and heroes. I used all the greats for reference, like Jack Kirby, Frank Miller, Jason Lee, and so many others.  I meticulously crafted each pose for Genesis 8 Male, then transferred each (with feminine adjustments) to Genesis 8 Female. So, you get the same 100 poses for both figure platforms. Pow! Plus, I'm trying to price this at what you'd normally pay for a collection of 20 or 30 poses. Whaaaaa? Who loves you? (Hint: It's me.) Oh, I included custom rendered tool tips and thumbnails like I always do, because squinting a tiny little texture thumbs sucks teabags. If you're a comic book artist, this is going to be an indespensible reference tool!

ETA: Oh, and I included speedsters too. They've always been my favorites. You'll get a whole bunch of extreme running poses, as well as several screeching to a halt poses.

Here's some promo artwork to rub on your eyeballs. Everyone in the images, including the villains/monsters, are using poses from the collection.

Post edited by Those Things on

Comments

• Oh, bless. I love your promos for this, too. (Now to get my hands on that render stone...!)

• Oh, bless. I love your promos for this, too. (Now to get my hands on that render stone...!)

Thank you so much! I have to say, after doing this project, I'm seriously considering making a 3D comic book of my own. It would be a childhood dream realised, even if nobody ever read it. :)

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037

Instabuy.... if I can afford it. :)

• RKane_1 said:

Instabuy.... if I can afford it. :)

I've requested a very low price. Times are tough, and momma needs to buy cat food. :)

• rekrek Posts: 45

This is awesome! And special kudos to you for including the female poses. And such great promos!

Day one purchase!

• Those promo's are outstanding, best of luck !!!

• rek said:

This is awesome! And special kudos to you for including the female poses. And such great promos!

Day one purchase!

Awww, thank you! So great to hear!

• SigurdSigurd Posts: 1,084

Instabuy for me too. I am waiting to find out what happens to Kranos also!

• Sigurd said:

Instabuy for me too. I am waiting to find out what happens to Kranos also!

He just needs all five render stones...

wink

• tkdroberttkdrobert Posts: 3,532

Awesomesauce!!

• Very cool promos!

• Nice!
  • CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,745

Great promos and looks like an amazing product.  If yo0u're wondering what to do next, I misread your post at first and just spent several minutes looking for "Flight Lab." Yeah, I'd buy that. 

• Cybersox said:

Great promos and looks like an amazing product.  If yo0u're wondering what to do next, I misread your post at first and just spent several minutes looking for "Flight Lab." Yeah, I'd buy that. 

:D

• I don't do superhero comics, but still I will pick this up because it's going to be so useful! Can't wait!

• DamselDamsel Posts: 374

Look, just take my money, okay?

Nope... I have tried throwing cash at the screen multiple times now and it does not seem to be absorbing it. Mayhap I wouldst need to wait then til DAZ puts your new collection up for sale then? :)

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,743

Ooooohhhhh... laugh

edited September 2019

Hopefully, we will see this out this week. 

Will it come with any super props? :)

Also, what is the cape you used in your dark avenger over looking the rooftops stressin' bout the Master processor pic?

Post edited by RKane_1 on
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,528

Looks great.

• Those ThingsThose Things Posts: 1,113
    edited September 2019
    RKane_1 said:

Hopefully, we will see this out this week. 

Will it come with any super props? :)

Also, what is the cape you used in your dark avenger over looking the rooftops stressin' bout the Master processor pic?

I didn't make any props with this set, no. But I did manage to get the low price I asked for, so I got that going for me, which is nice.

That cape in every promo using a cape is this one: https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-ssc-knight-cloak-for-genesis-3-and-8

I have to say, I really like that cape. The morphs that come with it are fantastic. You can take those rather old-fashioned looking chest pieces, and push them back and hide them. Makes it look like a typical superhero cape that is attached somewhere in the back. Plus, you get the hood. :) 

Post edited by Those Things on

Released today! And at the low price I asked for, too. :)

https://www.daz3d.com/100-ultimate-superhero-poses-for-genesis-8

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,528

Finally. Looks really great.

• It's been said a dozen times already, but the promo artwork is a touch of genius.  Perfect pitch!

It's been said a dozen times already, but the promo artwork is a touch of genius.  Perfect pitch!

Thank you so much! That's quite a compliment, and much appreciated. :)

• TouristTourist Posts: 106

Terrific poses at a great price, thank you!

I also agree about the packaging, beautifully done.

A clear winner.

Tourist said:

Terrific poses at a great price, thank you!

I also agree about the packaging, beautifully done.

A clear winner.

So great to hear, and thank you!

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,878

I love the promo artwork, this was an instant buy.

Oso3D said:

I love the promo artwork, this was an instant buy.

Thank you! Couldn't have done it without your awesome shaders!

• inquireinquire Posts: 2,088

What are the Tool Tips, mentioned on the promo page?