Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 6

Comments

• GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

@Horo: Ah, you know about nowhere don't you? They're everywhere you go. I've an idea percolating concerning that rusty bench, hope I can get it created.

@fencepost: Thanks, see my response to Horo above. Shots? I don't think so, a bit of Teflon spray all over will do the trick.

@Dangerlad: What a neat idea, and very nice results. Love your choice of materials.

• David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

See I'm on catch up again, though it is good to see this thread continuing to grow.

So...

Dangerlad, good experiments and very good renders to go with them.

Art Wade, aye Horo are putting together something of a hypertexture set, part of which will include a shadow capture method that exploits the potential of hypertextures. That's been keeping us busy. Lots of curious things to find and play with.

Mermaid, the chrome renders look good, a nice balance between chrome and some kind of stylized pencil sketching effect. I particularly like the part faceted effect on Art's ball.

Jamie, thank you!

Dave, The cards look excellent. Great work, fingers crossed for you getting plenty of sales.

And then back to Dangerlad and another selection of interesting renders. Well done! Nothing much to show from me, our researches have kept us pretty focused, will have something to show soon though as we start to build the scenes and put together videos - fingers crossed. Soon. "Proper" work notwithstanding...

• useroperatoruseroperator Posts: 247
    edited December 2013

here's some.....kind of thing. quite a long render time.

Hexagon/Bryce

gfdgdfg.png
    1064 x 816 - 2M
    Post edited by useroperator on
  • Fencepost52Fencepost52 Posts: 489
    edited December 2013

@Dangerlad: Nice sphere experimentations. Thanks for sharing your settings. I'll get them a test drive and share my results.

@user.operator: Another fine model and render!

@Horo/David: I'll keep my eyes open for your next product. Should be a good one!

@Guss: Do you have some extra Teflon spray you can share with me?! ;)

These next two renders aren't meant to be finished products, but rather some experimentations in creating curtains and a satin (silk?) pattern using Bryce & Gimp. I think both have lots of potential and I'll keep testing in hopes to come up with a nice satin/silk texture. If there's interest in a tutorial on making the curtains, I'll certainly prepare one. The steps will transfer over easily to PS, PSP, or other similar programs since the filters used should be common to most programs.

Silk2.jpg
    800 x 800 - 344K
    Silk.jpg
    800 x 800 - 506K
    Post edited by Fencepost52 on
    edited December 2013

@Dangerlad: Nice sphere experimentations. Thanks for sharing your settings. I'll get them a test drive and share my results.

@user.operator: Another fine model and render!

@Horo/David: I'll keep my eyes open for your next product. Should be a good one!

@Guss: Do you have some extra Teflon spray you can share with me?! ;)

These next two renders aren't meant to be finished products, but rather some experimentations in creating curtains and a satin (silk?) pattern using Bryce & Gimp. I think both have lots of potential and I'll keep testing in hopes to come up with a nice satin/silk texture. If there's interest in a tutorial on making the curtains, I'll certainly prepare one. The steps will transfer over easily to PS, PSP, or other similar programs since the filters used should be common to most programs.

thanks, and there's actually a REALLY easy way to create curtains in hexagon very rapidly.

dfssdgsddf.png
    702 x 543 - 74K
    dfdssdfdf.png
    989 x 190 - 20K
    edited December 1969

@user.operator: That Hexagon/Bryce image is really nice. Love the color and texture on that sphere. Your curtain looks like an extrusion of the line you show.

@fencepost: Now why would you need a bit of Teflon? Have a few things you would rather not stick to you? Those curtains sure look convincing. A tutorial you say, when will we see it?

• TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
    edited December 2013

never mind confused again....ok I am an idiot but.... are you talking about the blue curtains.... or the ball patterns.... Fencepost ????

Post edited by Trish on
    edited December 1969

nothing too special about this one, but if you take the time to render it, you might as well put it up. I've got to cut down on the noise in these renders that's for sure.

gdfghdfghg.png
    1169 x 583 - 1M
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,069
    edited December 1969

@user.operator - looking good. Interesting "nothing too special", looks a bit like twistes LAN wires.

Thank you. Yes, all our products are good ones. :coolsmirk:

The lit sphere would make nice special lamps. Curtain look good. Could be done in Bryce, too. See below.

Cur1.jpg
    800 x 600 - 139K
    Cur0.jpg
    518 x 476 - 27K
    edited December 1969

My question for the day is.....When you save a view (which I like to do) then I find one I like better click on the next open view button then next thing I know I have used them all .....Is there a way to reset that button ??? Thanks Trish

edited December 1969

Sure. All the save buttons in Bryce can be reset. Hold down [Alt] key and click on the one you want to liberate.

edited December 1969

Horo said:
    Thank you. Yes, all our products are good ones. :coolsmirk:

You will get no argument from me. I love every one I've gotten so far. There's so much information and so little time to experiment. I need to quit my job. Are there any wealthy woman here?! My wife says she's ok if I have a wealthy girlfriend as long as she gets a hefty chunk of cash! LOL

The lit sphere would make nice special lamps. Curtain look good. Could be done in Bryce, too. See below.

I was going to do the curtains directly in Bryce, but what I found was using the filters in Gimp allowed me to quickly add more randomness and "flowing motion" to them without much effort. The bottom curtains are pretty much vertical, but the upper one has more random waviness to it.

never mind confused again....ok I am an idiot but.... are you talking about the blue curtains.... or the ball patterns.... Fencepost ????

Sorry Trish! You're not an idiot. I simply didn't convey the message very well. :) The blue curtains are what I was referring to. The ball patterns are from David/Horo's Treppenhalle set.

edited December 1969

here's an 8 hour render. not sure what I was trying to accomplish, but I'm sure I accomplished it ;) I was originally going to make it organic looking, but certain things started to look like unholy nipples.

fggfgf.png
    1433 x 876 - 3M
    edited December 1969

@user.operator: While the object may look weird looking, it's still nice. And the ground plain looks great.

edited December 2013

Thanks Horo...That's simple it the simple things sometimes that mess me up....LOL
    Fencepost: Thanks although the patterns would look nice on the drapes also

Post edited by Trish on
    edited December 2013

GussNemo said:
    @user.operator: While the object may look weird looking, it's still nice. And the ground plain looks great.

yeah....with HDRI, it's really hard to not have a good render of virtually anything lol, especially the one I'm using, works great with almost any scene. of course, the ground plain is one every bryce user has already seen, since it's one of david brennan's. thinking back, it could be remodeled to hold subwoofers, then it can look weird and be functional ;) maybe even add a kind of subtle soundwave effect emanating from them.

edited December 2013

I call this one "Free Will". I really like this one in particular, and I'm sure everyone else will enjoy it too.

dgdfgg.png
    1407 x 862 - 1M
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

That's not a ''Make Art'' button is it?

edited December 2013

chohole said:
    That's not a ''Make Art'' button is it?

are you implying that I have not made art!?!? heh but, I'm kidding. It can be whatever type of button your imagination can come up with! that's the beauty of art ;) the button is metaphorical in the context of the name.

I should make it into a part of a metallic nintendo controller...perhaps something like this..

gdffdgdfg.png
    1034 x 251 - 120K
  • mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,956
    edited December 2013

Dangerlad – love your experiments with the rolled sphere. Thanks for sharing what you did.

David- thanks – the faceted effect has an unexpected surprise.

Horo- curtains in Bryce – interesting, something to play with.

User.operator: - nice unusual shape for the “organic” render. The others are also nice.

My attempt at Bryce 7.1 Pro Advanced - TA image projecting hyper gel light - by David Brinnen

Bryce 7.1 Pro Advanced - TA image projecting hyper gel light improved - by David Brinnen

Bryce 7.1 Pro Advanced - TA image projecting hyper gel light improved modified - by David Brinnen

There is still a lot of noise although I rendered at 256 RPP :roll:

hypergellight3.jpg
    600 x 600 - 44K
    hypergellight1.jpg
    600 x 600 - 119K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on
    edited December 1969

@user.operator: Someone can finally say they "pushed your buttons." :-) Those are nice works.

@mermaid: Despite the noise, they still look nice.

Here's a WIP, the one I eluded to in a previous post.

Rusty_Room_6.png
    757 x 757 - 1M
    edited December 2013

that's a lot of rust....looks like its been at the bottom of the ocean for a very long time.

where's the rabbits eyes? that's pretty much where I need to hone some stuff, with fancy lighting effects. I saw some of brennans tutorials on gel lights and such, not too complicated but tedious. did you render the second one at a lower amount of rays to get all of that noise or was the light source interfering to cause it?

edited December 1969

@user.operator - interesting blue object. The Free Will button locks like an emergency stop button to me. It is not yet connected. Though it is nicely modeled, the controller, too.

@mermaid010 - noise is an issue with this lighting mode. However, I think the second bunny looks nice. Thanks to the excessive noise, it has the look of a drawn scene. The noise can also be exploited as an effect.

@GussNemo - I hate people that vandalise things. Poor park bencheses. Wall looks good.

edited December 2013

@horo emergency stop you say....then I guess I should re-titled it "helps not a comin' " . >:) if I took the button and wire off, I could probably turn it into a roomba.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,956
    edited December 1969

Thanks Guss, User.operator and Horo.

User.operator- the bunny is blind, that’s what you get for using freebies. ;-)

Guss – love the rusty look of the benches and the wall material is so cool

Horo said:

@mermaid010 - noise is an issue with this lighting mode. However, I think the second bunny looks nice. Thanks to the excessive noise, it has the look of a drawn scene. The noise can also be exploited as an effect.

That’s cool then, at least I sort of got the effect.

I could not resist trying Horo’s idea for the curtain. I used Rashad’s velvet material for the curtains.
    The second, I had a curtain done in Photoshop a long, long time ago. I don’t have the original file anymore so I used the image with the stars. IMHO the Bryce-curtain will be awesome with the right materials.

curtain2.jpg
    600 x 600 - 39K
    curtain1.jpg
    600 x 600 - 52K
    edited December 1969

@mermaid010 - thanks for trying that out and show it to us. The Photoshop one looks great, too. Here's an ancient render where I first used terrain curtains.

Conjunction.jpg
    600 x 800 - 112K
    edited December 1969

Nice looking renders, folks!

Horo and user: I like the curtains you've made and the images that go along with them.

user: those are some nice models....I'm thinking there are some milk cows that would be interested in you marketing your machine for milk production! LOL Are you sure your "button" isn't the Staples easy button? :)

Guss, that's a great bench scene, but some serious heavy metal! :D

Mermaid, the rabbit renders look ..... pink! :D Not sure what you can do to reduce the noise. Were the render times long?

edited December 1969

An old render revisited, testing different shadow capture methods. I've spent the last hour submitting this to the DAZ galley, using Firefox, Chrome and MSIE 11 with the same result. A sub-gallery can be created and an image loaded, but it cannot be edited. When loading the same image into an existing sub-gallery, it can be edited, it's just the software used list that gets deleted. This all worked once.

PizzaTime.jpg
    1000 x 625 - 99K
  • franontheedgefranontheedge Posts: 342
    edited December 1969

Been away - trying to learn Blender in the hopes of UVMapping one of the cube shapes - just done the 6 first basic Blender lessons, now I'm too tired to get on to the UVMapping one. (tomorrow)

My last render - which I started while UVMapping the loops - took 4 days, 6 hours, 51 minutes and 59 seconds.

I'm not sure if it was worth it or not - either way I don't think I want to do that again in a hurry. Or not in a hurry...
    Anyway, here's the render settings: Pic 1

And the result: Pic 2

TAPurpleCube21.jpg
    1120 x 865 - 212K
    RenderSettings4PurpleCubeNLights.jpg
    662 x 348 - 59K
    edited December 1969

what about that render made it take 4 days?

This discussion has been closed.