..ach, you're right, it's Aiko Toon 4 that is the morph for Aiko 4

• JuliKJuliK Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

yessssss!!! Thank you !!!! =)
    *happy dance*

• Dimension3DDimension3D Posts: 464
    edited December 1969

quietrob said:
    Most importantly to me is the ability to transfer the face morphs from the Gen 3 to Gen 1 and 2. Please tell me that will still be possible. I want to keep my body shapes and my characters faces AND still use the latest clothing. I am a poser user so DSON support will be of the utmost importance to me.

It would be so nice to be in 2014 rather than 2008.

I will have Gen 3 Iconic Shapes. What else will I need to accomplish my goal of taking my Gen 3 characters into Genesis 2 so I can use V4, Gen1 and Gen 2 clothing but not lose my character faces?

Also I want to bring in the 3D universe characters as well. And chocolate cake. I also want chocolate cake.

Can do?

The iconic shapes include morphs for Genesis that only change the head to V4, V3, A3 and so on. So, you can transfer head morphs with GenX and use them on a Genesis body. Or you can transfer the complete body and head. Or transfer the body only, because you can set the iconic body to 1 and the head shape to -1.

With GenX, the gen3 add-ons for GenX, and the iconic shapes, you have everything to transfer morphs from gen3 figures to Genesis 1. For Genesis 2, you will need the upcoming GenX2 in addition, that's it.

About 3D Universe characters, which ones do you want? Some characters are based on V4 or Genesis, so they are just morphs. Other characters like Sam and Sadie have their own rigging, but shape morphs for Genesis, so this could be done, if I make an add-on for these figures.

If you have a chocolate cake morph, this can be transferred as well.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

*giggles*
    Thanks for the laugh!

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

So this update will allow me to transfer my Bruno morphs from either Genesis 01 or Genesis 02 Female to Genesis 02 Male?

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560
    edited December 1969

About 3D Universe characters, which ones do you want? Some characters are based on V4 or Genesis, so they are just morphs. Other characters like Sam and Sadie have their own rigging, but shape morphs for Genesis, so this could be done, if I make an add-on for these figures.

...the original Sam and Sadie would be nice (there are the Sadie Morphs which add more face/head morph channels, as well as characters like Mae, Nyla, Cheyenne, Bella, Little LiLu, Sadie Fae/Dew Myst).

Toon Gramps would be nice as well since there wasn't much in the way of morph and clothing support for him.

Then there's the original Aiko and Hiro Toon (which were figures of their own who could use Ailko and Hiro3 morphs and clothing).

• GnotMeGnotMe Posts: 131
    edited December 1969

Because Genesis 2 is a different mesh than Genesis 1, Genesis Generation X (GenX) can't be used with Genesis 2 at the moment. However, Genesis 2 includes a clone morph for Genesis 1, so it is possible to extend GenX for Genesis.

I can't give details or a release date this time, but I'm planning to add morph transfer from Genesis 1 to Genesis 2 and vice versa as well as direct transfer from generation 3 and generation 4 figures to Genesis 2.

I hope that will be a free update for all Gen X users, as 'm not update the gen 3 or 4 for just another gen 2 figure.

Expecting the GenX-2 to be free is more than ridiculous. Creating the program will take tons of work and morph transfer from from Genseis1 to Genesis 2 is totally different product. No person with any common sense should expect this to be a "free upgrade".

• riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,404
    edited December 1969

drdancm said:
    Because Genesis 2 is a different mesh than Genesis 1, Genesis Generation X (GenX) can't be used with Genesis 2 at the moment. However, Genesis 2 includes a clone morph for Genesis 1, so it is possible to extend GenX for Genesis.

I can't give details or a release date this time, but I'm planning to add morph transfer from Genesis 1 to Genesis 2 and vice versa as well as direct transfer from generation 3 and generation 4 figures to Genesis 2.

I hope that will be a free update for all Gen X users, as 'm not update the gen 3 or 4 for just another gen 2 figure.

Expecting the GenX-2 to be free is more than ridiculous. Creating the program will take tons of work and morph transfer from from Genseis1 to Genesis 2 is totally different product. No person with any common sense should expect this to be a "free upgrade".

D3D stated earlier in the thread that it won't be a free upgrade. I imagine that it won't be too expensive, though.

• Knight22179Knight22179 Posts: 1,195
    edited November 2013

This upcoming upgrade might just get me to take the jump to the sixth generation of figures...

...but only for the morphs so I can use them on Genesis. :coolsmile:

Thanks for doing this Dimension3D! ;)

Post edited by Knight22179 on
  • azoohouseazoohouse Posts: 660
    edited December 1969

I will wish for this when I blow out my birthday candles on January 7th. Your products are awesome Dimension3D! They've always worked for me and make art more fun! :lol:

• RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 4,460
    edited December 2013

There is one thing that has been bugging me, with Gen X (the original one), in order for morphs we'd transferred to look like they originally did, we had to load the default Genesis which was basically a plasticine figure with nothing dialled and then dial the morph we wanted. Now, Genesis 2, with the split base figures, doesn't have this basic blob figure available to start with, you just get the male and female shapes. Won't any morph you transfer to them still retain elements of the base figure when you dial it!? Therefore, if say you transfer Reby Sky for Genesis to G2F and dial her, you'll get Reby, but, you'll also get some of the G2F features in with her, won't you!?

There is no Genesis 2 shape morph M or F (at least none that I've found) that you can dial back to zero so you just get Mr or Mrs Blobby.

CHEERS!

Post edited by Rogerbee on
  • michellecelebriellemichellecelebrielle Posts: 264
    edited December 2013

Rogerbee said:
    There is one thing that has been bugging me, with Gen X (the original one), in order for morphs we'd transferred to look like they originally did, we had to load the default Genesis which was basically a plasticine figure with nothing dialled and then dial the morph we wanted. Now, Genesis 2, with the split base figures, doesn't have this basic blob figure available to start with, you just get the male and female shapes. Won't any morph you transfer to them still retain elements of the base figure when you dial it!? Therefore, if say you transfer Reby Sky for Genesis to G2F and dial her, you'll get Reby, but, you'll also get some of the G2F features in with her, won't you!?

There is no Genesis 2 shape morph M or F (at least none that I've found) that you can dial back to zero so you just get Mr or Mrs Blobby.

CHEERS!

I don't have the G2F downloaded, but G2M/M6 has an androgynous dial, so perhaps that would help?
    Post edited by michellecelebrielle on
    edited December 1969

Not really, that just relates to a certain body shape. I'm referring to no shape at all like the Genesis 1 Base.

I suppose you could possibly transfer that Base shape and use that as a start point......

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

For GenX to work, you always have to morph the target figure (i.e. Genesis or forthcoming Genesis 2 male or female) into the shape of the source figure (e.g. V4). This is because morphs are not absolute shapes, but relative changes of the shape. So you don't need a "neutral" shape to start with, but a morph for the shape of the original figure, from which the morph was transferred.

If you want to give Genesis 2 male or female the "neutral" shape of Genesis 1, you can use their (hidden) clone morphs for Genesis 1, which are used by auto-fit.

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,044
    edited December 1969

Genesis2 already has the Genesis1 clone under hidden\clones. You can dial it up if you set DS to view hidden files.

edited December 1969

Mmm, yeah, that does actually make sense, wasn't the original Reby Sky using V4 as a base!? I only have the Genesis version installed now. Panic over, LOL!

I have a head morph in the wrong place somehow, but, when I dial it and V4, it does look like it should! I think I misread the manual somewhere! That said, if I want to dial a different body, I could dial a neutral body first so I get just the shape I want.

Carry on old chap, I'm sure I'll fathom it out when you release the product

CHEERS!

PS (Any chance of a utility that batch converts all old studio formats to DUF!? I had one that converted RSR's to PNG's and that was really handy.)

• edited December 1969

First off - very useful product, saves a lot of messing around.

I have a suggestion, if it's not much trouble. I have amassed quite a number of character presets, having spent many months (elapsed time=years) converting all my V4 shapes to Genesis. If the morphs once transferred to Gen2f retain the same names (or can be deduced from the original) , then it should be possible to bulk convert my Gen1 presets to Gen2f with a script/program should it not?

If this is outside the scope of Genx2 then I would probably start work on a freebie that would do the job, because I really don't fancy applying those sliders again by hand on 50 characters and I don't want to make them into character morphs as many are still works in progress. A lot of them were made using Morphia for V4 as a starter.

As always, if this doesn't make sense, or I have lost the plot, ignore this post and just roll your eyes - I've been away from D|S for the last 2 years writing software... :-)

Cheers
    Gary

• MadbatMadbat Posts: 382
    edited December 1969

Good to hear this is still in the works...I hate waiting!
    *twitches*

edited December 1969

Rogerbee: The file format for DS before version 4 was completely different, and as far as I know was never published. So, it's difficult to convert them. But DS4 still loads them, so you can convert them by loading into DS4 and then save them.

gsayers2005: If the characters are now single morphs for Genesis, you will be able to convert them all at once to Genesis 2 with the upcoming GenX2.

• BurstAngelBurstAngel Posts: 761
    edited December 1969

Wonderful news!

Thank you for the update!

• MadbatMadbat Posts: 382
    edited December 1969

Rogerbee: The file format for DS before version 4 was completely different, and as far as I know was never published. So, it's difficult to convert them. But DS4 still loads them, so you can convert them by loading into DS4 and then save them.

gsayers2005: If the characters are now single morphs for Genesis, you will be able to convert them all at once to Genesis 2 with the upcoming GenX2.

There were several formats, none of them were open format (text readable format), Daz will still read the old formats, but they should be resaved.

The move to a text readble format was likely in response to the whole Daz vs Poser thing. Poser files are open format and easily readable by apps like Vue, Cararra, etc. I'm thinking the DUF format just made it easier overall to port Daz stuff over to both Poser and Cararra. I'm Thinking Richard Hasseltine (sp?) would know more about this stuff.

• pdarukpdaruk Posts: 10
    edited December 1969

Recently I decided to come back to my DAZ Studio, bought Genesis 1, Genesis 2 M & F and shape bundles for them as well as couple other products but I realized that morphs available for those figures are different. Even if I do my best I can't morph the face to look the same as on my old M4 character. I don't use ready body and face morphs, I prefer make my own. But it seems that V4/M4 characters have bigger diversity in their available shapes. Over last few years I collected huge library for my V4/M4 figures (morphs ++, muscle morphs, creature creator, Freak 4, etc.) and stepping forward to Genesis figures is literally loosing all that versatility. I could stay with V4.M4, but... Genesis (and especially Genesis 2) have more accurate body anatomy and a lot better rigging.
    So I was thinking about Genesis Generation X product and my question is: can I use single M4 morphs on raw Genesis figure?
    For example: Creature creator head morphs together with original Genesis morphs without changing the whole figure into M4 basic shape?
    And question for Dimension3D: with your future Gen X for Genesis 2 figure will it be possible to use M4/V4 Creature creator morphs and Muscle morphs on Genesis 2 figure still keeping it's original anatomy and rigging?
    Sorry if I'm asking about something very obvious about the Gen X product.

edited December 1969

The V4 and M4 Shapes for Genesis (as well as the other iconic shapes) include a head only morph for the according figure. So, you can transfer a M4 head morph to Genesis with GenX, dial the Genesis head to M4 and then to the transferred shape, to get your M4 face on Genesis, but keep the Genesis body as it is. The same will be the case for the upcoming GenX2.

If you are using a body morph (no matter if transferred or not), it mainly depends on the morph itself how well it will work with the rigging of the figure. V4 and M4 have a static rigging, so no morph that was transferred from them will change the rigging.

edited December 1969

Ah, I see, pity, I figured it'd just be a case of telling a converter which files to do and then having it convert them to DUF. Ah well, never mind, I have been loading older textures and saving them as material presets, so, I guess I can carry on doing similar with other things I come across.

Good luck with Gen X 2

CHEERS!

• DM3DDM3D Posts: 133
    edited December 1969

I am trying to "clean up" my actor parameters for shaping under Generation X in anticipation of GENX for Genesis 2. I apparently created a number of shaping parameters that simply don't work prior to fully understanding how GENX worked. When I open the property hierarchy window, I can right click on the parameter and it gives me a delete option but none of these "deleted" parameters ever go away. They disappear initially but return when I reload DAZ Studios. Is there a folder level delete or some parameter initialization file that I can edit to delete these unwanted shaping parameters/slides? Maybe I am doing something wrong in the software that is causing these removed parameters to reappear?

Any help is much appreciated.

Dale

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,550
    edited December 1969

dcmphoto said:
    I am trying to "clean up" my actor parameters for shaping under Generation X in anticipation of GENX for Genesis 2. I apparently created a number of shaping parameters that simply don't work prior to fully understanding how GENX worked. When I open the property hierarchy window, I can right click on the parameter and it gives me a delete option but none of these "deleted" parameters ever go away. They disappear initially but return when I reload DAZ Studios. Is there a folder level delete or some parameter initialization file that I can edit to delete these unwanted shaping parameters/slides? Maybe I am doing something wrong in the software that is causing these removed parameters to reappear?

Dale

In the GenX pane/tab, click on morphs at the top and it will list all the morphs you have for GenX. Just uncheck it or delete from there.

• DM3DDM3D Posts: 133
    edited December 1969

dcmphoto said:

Dale

In the GenX pane/tab, click on morphs at the top and it will list all the morphs you have for GenX. Just uncheck it or delete from there.

Thanks for the insight and information. That worked perfectly. I appreciate you taking the time to respond.

edited December 1969

Will Gen X 2 be able to transfer the morphs for Dental Plan for Genesis to G2?

http://www.daz3d.com/dental-plan-for-genesis

I bought Smay's zombie set yesterday and want to give my G2 undead the right teeth, you don't see walkers with teeth like the Bee Gees!

CHEERS!

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,723
    edited January 2014

The link on this page to the upgrade version seems to be broken:

http://www.daz3d.com/genesis-generation-x

(broken link):
    http://www.daz3d.com/genesis-generation-x-upgrade-from-gen4

Post edited by Taoz on