Daz Studio Pro BETA - version 4.12.2.60! (*UPDATED*)

Comments

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    edited August 2019
    L'Adair said:

this might be dumb of me but can someone tell me how to download and install daz studio 4.12.0.42!

@hamadahmad751, It's always a mystery for users who want to get started with the Beta, so no, not a dumb question.

Here's the answer, complete for any who might be searching the forums for the same answer:

1. Like all products at Daz, free or not, you have to purchase the Beta. Just put it in the cart and checkout. That puts the product in your Account and makes it available to install.
    2. The beta requires you use the Daz Install Manager, (DIM) to install. If you do not have DIM installed, you'll need to do that first.
    3. Open and Log On to DIM.
    4. When DIM is through connecting, type Public in the filter field in the upper right corner. (at this point, you shouldn't see much of anything.)
    5. On the Ready to Download tab, click on the button labeled Download Filters. (This will open the settings dialog directly to the Downloads tab.)
    6. Scroll down to the Public Build option and enable it, (click in the checkbox.)
    7. Click on the green Accept button at the bottom of the dialog window.
    8. You should now see a list of files with Public Build highlighted.
    9. Select these files
    10. Make sure the Install After Download option is checked.
    11. Click on the green Start Queue button on the bottom left of the DIM window.
    12. After all the files have been downloaded and installed, clear the search filter, (delete the text, Public.)

There you go.

Have fun with the Beta!

I do it but cant see anything as you said in step 8 !

what should I do?

Hmm…

First thing to do is verify the Public Build is in your account. Click on this link: Beta in Product Library. (Opens in a new window.)

If the product is in your account, you'll see information about the Beta. If not, all you will see is a list of your products on the left and on the right, it will be blank except for the text: Select a product to get started

If it's not in your Product Library, then something went wrong in the checkout process. Try again. Make sure you get an Order Confirmation page, but don't close it yet.

Now, if the beta is in your account,

• Open DIM.
    • Log on with the same username and password you use to log on to the website.
    • Click on the Download Filters button on the Ready to Download tab.
    • Scroll down to and verify Public Build has a checkmark in the box. Click to enable if need be.
    • Click on the green Accept button. Any other way of closing the window will not save your changes.
    • Wait for DIM to re-sync.

Do you see any yellow highlighted "Public Build" files in the list?

Post edited by L'Adair on
  • L'Adair said:
    L'Adair said:

this might be dumb of me but can someone tell me how to download and install daz studio 4.12.0.42!

@hamadahmad751, It's always a mystery for users who want to get started with the Beta, so no, not a dumb question.

Here's the answer, complete for any who might be searching the forums for the same answer:

1. Like all products at Daz, free or not, you have to purchase the Beta. Just put it in the cart and checkout. That puts the product in your Account and makes it available to install.
    2. The beta requires you use the Daz Install Manager, (DIM) to install. If you do not have DIM installed, you'll need to do that first.
    3. Open and Log On to DIM.
    4. When DIM is through connecting, type Public in the filter field in the upper right corner. (at this point, you shouldn't see much of anything.)
    5. On the Ready to Download tab, click on the button labeled Download Filters. (This will open the settings dialog directly to the Downloads tab.)
    6. Scroll down to the Public Build option and enable it, (click in the checkbox.)
    7. Click on the green Accept button at the bottom of the dialog window.
    8. You should now see a list of files with Public Build highlighted.
    9. Select these files
    10. Make sure the Install After Download option is checked.
    11. Click on the green Start Queue button on the bottom left of the DIM window.
    12. After all the files have been downloaded and installed, clear the search filter, (delete the text, Public.)

There you go.

Have fun with the Beta!

I do it but cant see anything as you said in step 8 !

what should I do?

Hmm…

First thing to do is verify the Public Build is in your account. Click on this link: Beta in Product Library. (Opens in a new window.)

If the product is in your account, you'll see information about the Beta. If not, all you will see is a list of your products on the left and on the right, it will be blank except for the text: Select a product to get started

If it's not in your Product Library, then something went wrong in the checkout process. Try again. Make sure you get an Order Confirmation page, but don't close it yet.

Now, if the beta is in your account,

• Open DIM.
    • Log on with the same username and password you use to log on to the website.
    • Click on the Download Filters button on the Ready to Download tab.
    • Scroll down to and verify Public Build has a checkmark in the box. Click to enable if need be.
    • Click on the green Accept button. Any other way of closing the window will not save your changes.
    • Wait for DIM to re-sync.

Do you see any yellow highlighted "Public Build" files in the list?

The Beta is in my product library,when I go to this link says that Purchased!(in a red box). even (I purchased again) and I did all you said! But still the "Product Name box ( This is a list of packages that are ready to download)" is empty! and I don't see any yellow highlighted "Public Build" files in the list.

• I got it! I checked the "Software" box and now I can see it! You didn't mention to Software's box check!

Thank you.

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

I got it! I checked the "Software" box and now I can see it! You didn't mention to Software's box check!

Thank you.

I'm glad you figured it out. I see I'll have to add another step to the How To. Thank you for finding this!

Have fun with beta. (And welcome to the dark side! lol)

• Dolce SaitoDolce Saito Posts: 148
    edited August 2019

(Version: 4.12.60)

I don't know how to reproduce these (happens at random) but I saw similar, not necessarily same problems from other users also;

- *Jumping Jack*: Let's say you have a 30 frame animation where you pose your character at the second keyframe (30th frame) after first one (0th frame). Let's say, arm goes left to right on the screen. Save & open the file. *If bug decides to hit*, the arm stays still at left for 29 frames, then jumps to the correct position suddenly to the right at the 30th frame. Like a constant keyframe. You can see the jump in curve editor, but there is no way to remove "hidden keyframe" nobody sees it, keymate also doesn't see it. If you try to work it around, and do the same movement in 29th frame, then jump occurs at 28th. Broken animation.

- *Ghost keyframe*: Might be related to previous one, *sometimes, god knows when timeline decides*, you get a surprise ghost keyframe insertation during animation via dials or power posing. There is no way to delete this keyframe. It is there, you can see the jump in the curve, but there is no keyframe signal attached, even tough everything is selected, including hidden. Happens randomly.

- *Locked Power Posing*: When any of the aforementioned bug hits, in both cases, power posing gets locked. Funny thing is if you try to move a bone via its anchor, nothing moves, but undo point is still being created, without doing anything. And no, I don't lock anything by mistake. I couldn't find a way to solve this. But, dials continue to work at this state. However, pins stop working and no longer holds stuff in place when dials are moved...

- *Slapped to become focused*: Whenever I load an animation, the timeline loads in a little bit "crowded" and broken state. I need to select-de-select one of the dropdown options in timeline (Aliases-Hidden-Transform, doesn't matter which) to make it correct. If you render with broken state, point lights' "show in render" switches stop working. Maybe other things get broken as well, this is the only one I notice.

- *Lost in the shadows* - I loaded one of my animations, and that is it, there were moving decals in it. They lost all their keyframes... Don't know why... Broken animation...

Only common thing in all these animations were that they all had subscenes in them. And yes, sometimes a scene injected with subscenes still crash. Not all the time.

These things happen at random, so guys, beware...

Post edited by Dolce Saito on
  • IvyIvy Posts: 7,153
    edited August 2019

Only common thing in all these animations were that they all had subscenes in them. And yes, sometimes a scene injected with subscenes still crash. Not all the time.

These things happen at random, so guys, beware...

I can confirm for you that any animation created with daz 4.12.0.60 beta and then saved as a sub- scene or sub set, does not retain the animation in the saved sub set.  but will save the same animation project as a scene file to retain the animation  weird huh. . Even if I load a sub-set-scene with other characters into another new scene I'm working on then resave that scene as a new scene file it saves the animation.  but again it won't if saved as a sub-scene.    I also notice this has happens even i if bake aniblocks & animated presets to the timeline and try to save as a sub scene then animations again is lost on the save . but if I save same project as a Scene file the animations will stay in tack.  So I agree it would be nice to be able to save animation as a sub scene. so they can be worked into other scene files.  but so far that it has not worked in any of the daz 4.12 beta's since its release. but it does work in daz 10 still so that has been my work around which is really no good if you have ik-chains you created and want to save them as a sub scene preset because those won't load in daz 10

Also when you have imported a audio .wav file into the daz timeline to match the sound keyframes while keyframing your character for lipsynch, that when you render the animation in Movie and try to save the AVI with the denoiser on, it will crash Daz every single time once the render has finished and you push save. if the denoiser is turned off then daz does not crash on saving the avi.

which is very disappointing.  Because being able to import audio files into the daz timeline and render them in movie & save them as avi files to preserve the sound with the render was a nice feature in daz so i hope the hell they fix it.  I have 6 crash reports saved ready to submit. But sometimes i feel like its pounding my head against a wall and that saving a rendered movie to avi complaint is low on their agenda.

Post edited by Ivy on
  • takezo_3001takezo_3001 Posts: 1,921
    edited August 2019

Great, my GPU renders the preview perfectly fine, but when I do an actual render (No matter the size) it falls back to CPU!angry 

Everything is default except the headlamp and my GPU version is 4.31.70, I'm about to update it to 4.35.15.

WIN 10 64

AMD Ryzen 7 x1800

Gigabyte GTX G1 1080

Gskill FlareX 2400 32 gb

Ok, thankfully my issue has been resolved, I thought my previous GPU version 4.31.70 was enough, but it works now with 4.35.15!

Post edited by takezo_3001 on
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,922
    edited August 2019

Interesting Bug I'm getting with DS PB 4.12.0.60:

Scene has:

a) Sakura 8

b) Asian Accessories for G8F

c) iReal Animated Ocean Water

d) Above the Clouds

e) Peony Kimono for G2F

f) Maia Hair for G3F

g) Eastern Dragon

Replicating Bug:

1) Arrange & pose my scene.

2) Now in my attempt to make the Eastern Dragon look like it's risen for the sea I've converted it to iRay with the Uber iRay Preset and copy/pasted the water material from the iReal Ocean to the Eastern Dragon surface.

3) Now I want a Fire Dragon signifying the coming new day descending from the sky, OK so I just Duplicate Node Hierarchy for the Water Dragon (Eastern Dragon) and as usual, immediately save me scene. DAZ Studio 4.12.0.60 though crashes and I must restart and re-open the scene and repeat the work I lost.

4) The workaround for me with this bug is to not Duplicate Node Hierarchy and instead load a new Eastern Dragon from Smart Content or the Content Library tabs. 

Submitted as ticket to DAZ Help Desk 306668

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
  • Chohole said:
    snipped for brevity

Hence a message from me to DAZ developers:

Basic rule for writing Windows application -- DO NOT PERFORM LONG OPERATIONS ON THE GUI THREAD.

Log messages are buffered, not written directly to file

As I said, it takes more than 2 minutes to load blank G8F character and during that time GUI is totally unresponsive. Without those log messages loading takes up to 30 seconds max and GUI is not totally hung.

And how are you suppressing the log messages without affecting anything else, if you are contending that the log is slowing things down?

• Leonides02Leonides02 Posts: 1,379

Can someone double-check for me...

In the new Beta, I can no longer save a canvas (like for HDR) if I use the spot render. 

That's a pretty big deal. 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,133

DS 4.12.0.60

I see several strange things when using the Create menu selections. I have submitted a help request with several screen captures of these issues.
    1) The Create menu items now show both a Name field and a Label field, but they don't match. Is there a reason that the default name and default label do not match? 
    2) For some of the items on the Create menu, none of the radio buttons are selected by default when the dialog opens. 
    3) When I create a New Push Modifier Weight Node or a New dForce Modifier Weight Node and click accept, the new modifier becomes the PARENT of the item that was selected in the Scene pane. I think this is related to 2) which leaves none of the radio buttons selected. 

Are these bugs or design changes?

• barbult said:

DS 4.12.0.60

I see several strange things when using the Create menu selections. I have submitted a help request with several screen captures of these issues.
    1) The Create menu items now show both a Name field and a Label field, but they don't match. Is there a reason that the default name and default label do not match? 
    2) For some of the items on the Create menu, none of the radio buttons are selected by default when the dialog opens. 
    3) When I create a New Push Modifier Weight Node or a New dForce Modifier Weight Node and click accept, the new modifier becomes the PARENT of the item that was selected in the Scene pane. I think this is related to 2) which leaves none of the radio buttons selected. 

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/change_log#4_12_0_63 It looks as if it's an area that is being worked on (and so changing) - it also looks like we now have 4.12.0.67 as the Public Build, so you can see how they have changed.

barbult said:

DS 4.12.0.60

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/change_log#4_12_0_63 It looks as if it's an area that is being worked on (and so changing) - it also looks like we now have 4.12.0.67 as the Public Build, so you can see how they have changed.

Thanks, Richard. I'll give it a try and update my help request accordingly.

edited August 2019

DS 4.12.0.67

3) When I create a New Push Modifier Weight Node or a New dForce Modifier Weight Node and click accept, the new modifier becomes the PARENT of the item that was selected in the Scene pane. I think this is related to 2) which leaves none of the radio buttons selected. Edit: New Decal Node has the same issue.

Item number 1 has been resolved. Name and Label match now.

Items 2 and 3 are still problems. I see no change in that behavior after updating to 4.12.0.67. I updated my help request.

Screenshot 2019-08-30 15.10.48.png
    321 x 294 - 16K
    Screenshot 2019-08-30 15.10.16.png
    321 x 272 - 16K
    Screenshot 2019-08-30 15.09.54.png
    321 x 272 - 16K
    Annotation 2019-08-30 151600.jpg
    272 x 242 - 19K
    Post edited by barbult on
  • marblemarble Posts: 7,449

Can anyone explain what the IK "Reach" parameters do? All I can find is some reference to Jacobian solving (whatever that means).

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    barbult said:

DS 4.12.0.67

3) When I create a New Push Modifier Weight Node or a New dForce Modifier Weight Node and click accept, the new modifier becomes the PARENT of the item that was selected in the Scene pane. I think this is related to 2) which leaves none of the radio buttons selected. Edit: New Decal Node has the same issue.

Items 2 and 3 are still problems. I see no change in that behavior after updating to 4.12.0.67. I updated my help request.

From Rob
    1.) Name and Label of the create-able node types are more likely to not always match unless they are the first instance of that node type in the scene - because, now, the first instance of these create-able node types do not include an instance number, but all subsequent instances do. The Label, for instance, usually has parenthesis around the instance number and allows the use of the colon character (see Create > "New IK Chain..."), whereas the Name typically does not have the parenthesis around the instance number and does not allow a colon character (among others that are either considered part of a path or illegal in a path). Names serve as internal references and are commonly used by preset readers/parsers to identify which items get which settings, and so should not change over the course of that node's lifetime (lest it break compatibility with said presets). Labels, on the other hand, can be easily modified (and often are) by the end-user to suit their prefere
    nce/language/etc, but should always be unique in their respective context (scene/figure) - so as not to cause confusion for the user (e.g., by having two items in the scene labeled the exact same thing with no way to differentiate them in a list except perhaps an icon, or two bones in the same figure labeled the exact same thing) and also to help developers differentiate multiple instances of the same object (e.g., figures, primitives, etc).
    ---
    2. & 3.) Confirmed. Fixed. Watch the Change Log.

Chohole said:
    barbult said:

DS 4.12.0.67

From Rob
    1.) Name and Label of the create-able node types are more likely to not always match unless they are the first instance of that node type in the scene - because, now, the first instance of these create-able node types do not include an instance number, but all subsequent instances do. The Label, for instance, usually has parenthesis around the instance number and allows the use of the colon character (see Create > "New IK Chain..."), whereas the Name typically does not have the parenthesis around the instance number and does not allow a colon character (among others that are either considered part of a path or illegal in a path). Names serve as internal references and are commonly used by preset readers/parsers to identify which items get which settings, and so should not change over the course of that node's lifetime (lest it break compatibility with said presets). Labels, on the other hand, can be easily modified (and often are) by the end-user to suit their prefere
    nce/language/etc, but should always be unique in their respective context (scene/figure) - so as not to cause confusion for the user (e.g., by having two items in the scene labeled the exact same thing with no way to differentiate them in a list except perhaps an icon, or two bones in the same figure labeled the exact same thing) and also to help developers differentiate multiple instances of the same object (e.g., figures, primitives, etc).
    ---
    2. & 3.) Confirmed. Fixed. Watch the Change Log.

Thank you Chohole and Rob for the explanation.

Can someone double-check for me...

In the new Beta, I can no longer save a canvas (like for HDR) if I use the spot render. 

That's a pretty big deal. 

I can confirm that this happens for me, too. Spot Render to a New Window, followed by saving the rendered image, creates canvas files in DS 4.11.0.383, but not in DS 4.12.0.67.  @Leonides02, have you submitted a help request?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    marble said:

Can anyone explain what the IK "Reach" parameters do? All I can find is some reference to Jacobian solving (whatever that means).

Rob says
    In a posing situation, where you are using the Universal (or derivative) tool to move the IK target/goal, the "Reach" properties have no influence over the result. That is, while you are dragging the IK target/goal the IK system is active/solving (as if these values were set to 100%), but When you release the drag the IK solution is instantaneously converted to FK... for that frame/time.
    ---
    In an animation situation, where a persistent IK node is moving within the scene because of keys that are set on its transform properties, the "Reach" properties control how much of the IK solve is applied to the nodes in that IK system/context. For instance, typically the bones of a figure will animate due to FK - even if you used an IK tool to pose a figure for a particular frame/time, keys were set on each bone's transform properties to cause their movement at those frames/times (as described above). What the "Reach" properties do is cause the IK system to be used to override the FK values... and control the degree to which they do that.
    Chohole said:
    marble said:

Rob says
    In a posing situation, where you are using the Universal (or derivative) tool to move the IK target/goal, the "Reach" properties have no influence over the result. That is, while you are dragging the IK target/goal the IK system is active/solving (as if these values were set to 100%), but When you release the drag the IK solution is instantaneously converted to FK... for that frame/time.
    ---
    In an animation situation, where a persistent IK node is moving within the scene because of keys that are set on its transform properties, the "Reach" properties control how much of the IK solve is applied to the nodes in that IK system/context. For instance, typically the bones of a figure will animate due to FK - even if you used an IK tool to pose a figure for a particular frame/time, keys were set on each bone's transform properties to cause their movement at those frames/times (as described above). What the "Reach" properties do is cause the IK system to be used to override the FK values... and control the degree to which they do that.

Thanks for the explanation but I'm still a bit confused. Does this mean that the Universal tool becomes something similar to the Active Pose tool? Also, is it only dependent on dragging body parts with the Universal tool? Does it still apply to changing the Bend/Twist parameters, for example, using the sliders (and/or the slider numeric values)? And, finally, does this have anything to do with the limits which can be set in the parameter properties? IOW, does it override those limits?

• LLSS-3DLLSS-3D Posts: 6
    f7eer said:
    f7eer said:
    I am having the "crash on save" problem in 4.12. The answer to 1. is "Yes". The answer to 2a. is "Yes". The answer to 2b. is "No".

A little bit more testing shows me that a dForce object is not the problem at all.

The problem seems to be the presence of a Figure object which has a Null object as a parent. I might be able to get around this by using a Group object instead of the Null.

I can say for certain this is not the case with my 4.12 crash issues.  I've tried saving two different 11 created existing scenes.  Both containing instances of the same figure, with the same null parents.  One saves, the other crashes.

The problems with simulating the dForce Dynamic Surface Addons in Poolside Oahu Outfit and Caballero Outfit have been fixed in fixed in DS 4.12.0.67, which was released this afternoon.

edited August 2019

Does anyone know how to view the graph editor in the new timeline? I can see I have a split panel - the top one with keyframes (so I assume this is the replacement for KeyMate) but the bottom panel is unpopulated and I can't figure out how to view the content.

Post edited by marble on
  • f7eerf7eer Posts: 117
    LLSS-3D said:
    f7eer said:
    f7eer said:
    I am having the "crash on save" problem in 4.12. The answer to 1. is "Yes". The answer to 2a. is "Yes". The answer to 2b. is "No".

A little bit more testing shows me that a dForce object is not the problem at all.

The problem seems to be the presence of a Figure object which has a Null object as a parent. I might be able to get around this by using a Group object instead of the Null.

I can say for certain this is not the case with my 4.12 crash issues.  I've tried saving two different 11 created existing scenes.  Both containing instances of the same figure, with the same null parents.  One saves, the other crashes.

True enough. The case I was referring to turned out to be an IK Chain issue (in a legacy figure), which was fixed on July 30th in DS 4.12.0.42.

• PadonePadone Posts: 3,476
    edited August 2019
    marble said:

Thanks for the explanation but I'm still a bit confused.

To make an example, in animation usually you set the hand as a ik target for the arm, then the hand stands still where you place it and the arm follows. But it may happen that if you drag the body away the arm and the hand are dragged with it, outside of the ik target, so the hand doesn't stand still where you want it. The ik reach parameter is the "magnet force" the arm is pushed toward the hand.

Some animators prefer to have floating hands, that is, bones not attached to the arm but simply referenced as ik targets, this way the hand never moves away from the ik target and the arm is stretched by the weight map if it goes too far away from the hand.

Post edited by Padone on
    Padone said:
    marble said:

Thanks for the explanation but I'm still a bit confused.

To make an example, in animation usually you set the hand as a ik target for the arm, then the hand stands still where you place it and the arm follows. But it may happen that if you drag the body away the arm and the hand are dragged with it, outside of the ik target, so the hand doesn't stand still where you want it. The ik reach parameter is the "magnet force" the arm is pushed toward the hand.

Some animators prefer to have floating hands, that is, bones not attached to the arm but simply referenced as ik targets, this way the hand never moves away from the ik target and the arm is stretched by the weight map if it goes too far away from the hand.

Here's what I'm finding: let's take an example of a figure doing press-ups (like someone else used as an example earlier). I create IK chains for both ands and both feet and pin the hands and feet to the floor. Then I use the universal tool to lift the abdomen (or pelvis) upwards. However, I am finding the the hands and fee don't stay pinned - they twich and move and end up anywhere but where I placed them.

Now if I use the sliders instead of the universal tool, the upward movement of the pelvis (bend parameter) is limited (+/- 25) so I can't move the hips as far as I need to. Clealy I am not understanding the whole IK concept and I still have it mixed up in my head with Active Pose. Indeed, for the actual animation that I needed to do, I went back to 4.11 and used Active Pose because I kind of know what to expect with that.

I don't really get why a target is needed either.The hand is attached to the arm so why would it need to be a target for the arm?

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,922
    edited August 2019

I am getting an issue where with the DS PB 4.12.0.67 build today that it give me a mimic error on startup:

+++++

DzMimic Error

DzMimic Error: There was an error reading the CR" to DMC map file:
    C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZ Studio4 Public Build/plugins/DzMimic/Data/CR22DMC.ini
    Configuration files will not be found automatically.

OK

+++++

And then when it finishes starting up there are no graphics UI interface elements available. Only a white UI with small black text. No Content Library, no Smart Content, no Viewport(s), none of those things.

I did not install DS PB 4.12.0.67 while any version of DS was running. And when I sort dim by install date DS PB & plugins aren't at the top like I'd expect having just updated them.

When I start 4.11.0.383 I still have all those elements and a normal default grey UI and it works as before.

I wrote ticket number 306847 but will uninstall & reinstall just to be sure (I've already did that once though & rebooted). The install size was 623MB.

+++++

I closed the ticket. As it turns out on the first two installs something that DAZ Studio started running or had lociks on must of been still running still after I exited DAZ Studio but after I reboot my PC & reinstalled what ever it was that was still running wasn't and DAZ Studio installed correctly.

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
  • Saving scene files in 4.12 causes a crash at about 99%.

• marble said:

Does anyone know how to view the graph editor in the new timeline? I can see I have a split panel - the top one with keyframes (so I assume this is the replacement for KeyMate) but the bottom panel is unpopulated and I can't figure out how to view the content.

In the top part of the pane, the Dopesheet, select a property by clicking its name - the lower part of the pane will then show the graph. You can also quickly see the graphs by enabling Monitor Paramaters in the option menu (the lined button in the top corner, or right-click the tab) and just hovering the mouse over the property name.