GenX2 and Genesis 2 AddOn released! [Commercial]

Comments

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

I'm expecting to pay for the update, I'm under no expectations to get it for free nor would I want him giving his hard code work away for free. Folks that have those expectations don't know the kind of work that goes into this sort of work. It would be like my client coming back in 6 weeks and saying "Well you cut my hair 6 weeks ago so a trim will be free right because it's the same sort of cut, right" I'd kick them out of the salon! lol

• riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,404
    edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    I'm expecting to pay for the update, I'm under no expectations to get it for free nor would I want him giving his hard code work away for free. Folks that have those expectations don't know the kind of work that goes into this sort of work. It would be like my client coming back in 6 weeks and saying "Well you cut my hair 6 weeks ago so a trim will be free right because it's the same sort of cut, right" I'd kick them out of the salon! lol

The developer has stated that the upgrade won't be free, but it won't be expensive, either. I wouldn't expect it to be free, either. I am looking forward to it, and I'll gladly pay for all the hard work that is going into the upgrade.

• rbel_295e7c1d4crbel_295e7c1d4c Posts: 99
    edited December 1969

The developer has stated that the upgrade won’t be free, but it won’t be expensive, either. I wouldn’t expect it to be free, either. I am looking forward to it, and I’ll gladly pay for all the hard work that is going into the upgrade.

Absolutely. GenX is the most valuable Daz related asset there is after Daz itself and the main characters, as far as I am concerned.

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
    edited December 1969

Waiting in line also for this product to be updated...no news yet ?

• Muon QuarkMuon Quark Posts: 548
    edited December 1969

What would be really cool is that whatever D3D is working on, it will work on both Gen1 and Gen2. Then a person could use their preference of character.

• RenpatsuRenpatsu Posts: 828
    edited December 1969

Count me in as one who is eager to see an GenX update or extension :)

• BohorBohor Posts: 74
    edited December 1969

Here another (silent) fan waiting for an update of GenX.

• Dimension3DDimension3D Posts: 464
    edited December 1969

Sorry that you have to wait for GenX for Genesis 2 so long. On the one hand, I was busy with private things in the last months, on the other hand I preferred to wait for the Genesis 2 Male, so I can do both Genesis 2 figures at once.

Expanding GenX for Genesis 2 will be the next thing I do, so I hope it can be released January 2014. Because it requires several major changes like reading DSF-morphs and analyzing their dependencies, it will not be an add-on, but a new product. Of course, there will be an upgrade option with a reasonable price for owners of the current GenX. If the actual add-ons for generation 3 figures require an update to work with the new version, this will be free.

Planned features are:
    - Transfer of morphs from generation 3 and 4 figures to Genesis 1 (what the actual version is doing)
    - Transfer of morphs from generation 3 and 4 figures to Genesis 2 Female/Male
    - Transfer of morphs from Genesis 1 to Genesis 2 Female/Male
    - Transfer of morphs from Genesis 2 Female/Male to Genesis 1
    - Transfer of morphs from Genesis 2 Female to Male and vice versa
    - Creating base morphs in Genesis 1 and 2 Female/Male required to apply transferred morphs

Because Genesis 2 Female and Male have the same base mesh, transferring morphs between them doesn't require to recalculate the morphs, but you need to do some adjustments in references and to prevent conflicts with existing morphs, so it should be nice to have in a plugin.

If you have any suggestions for the next version of GenX, simply post them in this thread.

• reelyorreelyor Posts: 235
    edited December 1969

YAAAYYYYYYY!!!!

• stump3point1stump3point1 Posts: 139
    edited November 2013

Are the Iconic shapes for Genesis 1 going to work with genesis 2(for autofit)? or as before will we need to purchase whole new sets for genesis 2 being as there are 2 separate figures now.

Post edited by stump3point1 on
  • DkgooseDkgoose Posts: 1,451
    edited December 1969

sounds awesome, cannot wait

• swordkensiaswordkensia Posts: 348
    edited December 1969

Brilliant news..!!!

My cash is waiting... ;/

S.K.

• LyoneLyone Posts: 138
    edited November 2013

Sorry that you have to wait for GenX for Genesis 2 so long. On the one hand, I was busy with private things in the last months, on the other hand I preferred to wait for the Genesis 2 Male, so I can do both Genesis 2 figures at once.

Expanding GenX for Genesis 2 will be the next thing I do, so I hope it can be released January 2014. Because it requires several major changes like reading DSF-morphs and analyzing their dependencies, it will not be an add-on, but a new product. Of course, there will be an upgrade option with a reasonable price for owners of the current GenX. If the actual add-ons for generation 3 figures require an update to work with the new version, this will be free.

Planned features are:
    - Transfer of morphs from generation 3 and 4 figures to Genesis 1 (what the actual version is doing)
    - Creating base morphs in Genesis 1 and 2 Female/Male required to apply transferred morphs

Because Genesis 2 Female and Male have the same base mesh, transferring morphs between them doesn't require to recalculate the morphs, but you need to do some adjustments in references and to prevent conflicts with existing morphs, so it should be nice to have in a plugin.

If you have any suggestions for the next version of GenX, simply post them in this thread.

Hi Dimension3D, I just wonder if there is any possibility to make a V3 Male morph to Genesis 1 and/or Genesis2. But if you can't/don't have time or don't want to do it, it's OK. I can live with that. I LOVE your GenX products anyway (especially the Generation 3). So you can put your product directly in my cart in januari. I will definitely buy it because I can't use DAZ without your product. A lot of people I made are Generation 3 people and I'm so happy to see that they can live again and wear Gen4/5/6/Genesis clothes and can use Gen4/5/6 Genesis expressions. I was a Poser user before. But these figures were so restricted in Poser because you could only apply "David expressions" on David3 for example. So thank you so much for your fantastic great products.

Post edited by Lyone on
  • Muon QuarkMuon Quark Posts: 548
    edited December 1969

Happy indeed. I was hoping that support for both of them would be included.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

This is fabulous news. Looking forward to this product from you!

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,561
    edited December 1969

...give me a little time to save up for it.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,552
    edited December 1969

WOOHOO!!!!!! best news i have heard in awhile, thanks for the info!!!

Guess i can start buying GF2 items since it will now be useable for me.

• ReisormocapReisormocap Posts: 146
    edited November 2013

Very good news. I'll be awaiting this as well, and the January release date works out quite nicely too.

Post edited by Reisormocap on
  • ByrdieByrdie Posts: 1,775
    edited December 1969

Eagerly awaiting this, January's a good time for me too as I expect a tax rebate then.

• CyberDogCyberDog Posts: 232
    edited December 1969

Is it January yet?

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,686
    edited December 1969

How about a way to make plugins for other figures to Genesis 2 or Genesis 1? I know there is a Mavka for Genesis 1 but maybe a way to convert the original Mavka morphs to genesis or Genesis 2? or other figures? Like Daz Gen 1/2 morphs?

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Hooray! :)

• michellecelebriellemichellecelebrielle Posts: 264
    edited December 1969

Can't wait for the new GenX to come out, fingers crossed it's soon :)

edited December 1969

How about a way to make plugins for other figures to Genesis 2 or Genesis 1? I know there is a Mavka for Genesis 1 but maybe a way to convert the original Mavka morphs to genesis or Genesis 2? or other figures? Like Daz Gen 1/2 morphs?

...there is no clone figure or UV set for the original Mavka so Gen X can't do anything to help which is really sad. I spent a small fortune on the original character and I can't use anything with Genesis save for the Fey wings.

Even then I have to do a lot of manual adjustments to make them work properly.

• QuietrobQuietrob Posts: 361
    edited December 1969

Extending GenX for Genesis 2 requires some major changes in GenX, so it won't be a free update. But I will keep pricing reasonable for existing customers of GenX, like I did with the upgrade version from the Gen4 tool to GenX. I don't have details about the male version of Genesis 2 yet, but I'm planning to support both, Genesis 2 male and female.

johnkidby: Because the GenX plugin and all add-ons are released at DAZ, the Genesis 2 extension will be as well.

sgreco1970: It's everyones own decision to switch to Genesis 2 or not. For those who do, I will provide a tool to get their morphs from older figures to Genesis 2.

I've been itching for a chance to transfer from Gen 3 to Gen 5 and 6 for a while now. I want to use my Gen 3 Characters but take advantage of the newer stuff. This is great news!

Should I buy GenX and Iconic Shapes in prep for this extension?

• Dimension3DDimension3D Posts: 464
    edited December 1969

stumpc: The Iconic shapes for Genesis 1 are regular morphs, so transferring them to Genesis 2 should be no problem. As far as I can say at the moment, there should be no need for other additional products to use GenX with Genesis 2.

Lyone: If you have male morphs for V3 (e.g. "Victoria 3.0 Male Morph Pack" from DAZ 3D), you can transfer these morphs with GenX to Genesis like any other morph.

Kulay Wolf: I have neither Mavka nor the Mavka morph for Genesis, but in general it should be possible. The same holds for Sam and Sadie thanks to their Genesis morphs. However, these figures have only few own morphs. I will give it a thought after the GenX2 release. Generation 1 figures are difficult, because there is no base shape on Genesis for them.

While we are talking about additional figures, because the generation 3 figures are morph compatible, the generation 3 kids (Luke/Laura/Matt/Maddie) might be transferred to Genesis as well based on the V3 morph.

quietrob: The iconic shapes will be still needed for generation 3 figures to have the base shapes. GenX2 will be available as full and as upgrade version, so you may buy GenX now and then the update or just buy the full new version when it's out. When to buy depends on many things, and you never know when you get the best price at DAZ :)

• RenpatsuRenpatsu Posts: 828
    edited December 1969

Gen3 iconic shapes for Genesis are in Fastgrab at the moment by the by.

• PatroklosPatroklos Posts: 533
    edited December 1969

Planned features are:

Great!!!!

• QuietrobQuietrob Posts: 361
    edited December 1969

Renpatsu said:
    Gen3 iconic shapes for Genesis are in Fastgrab at the moment by the by.

I just put them in my shopping cart!

Most importantly to me is the ability to transfer the face morphs from the Gen 3 to Gen 1 and 2. Please tell me that will still be possible. I want to keep my body shapes and my characters faces AND still use the latest clothing. I am a poser user so DSON support will be of the utmost importance to me.

It would be so nice to be in 2014 rather than 2008.

I will have Gen 3 Iconic Shapes. What else will I need to accomplish my goal of taking my Gen 3 characters into Genesis 2 so I can use V4, Gen1 and Gen 2 clothing but not lose my character faces?

Also I want to bring in the 3D universe characters as well. And chocolate cake. I also want chocolate cake.

Can do?

Panel_JPG_Huba_Huba.jpg
    740 x 1028 - 907K
    edited December 1969

stumpc: The Iconic shapes for Genesis 1 are regular morphs, so transferring them to Genesis 2 should be no problem. As far as I can say at the moment, there should be no need for other additional products to use GenX with Genesis 2.

Lyone: If you have male morphs for V3 (e.g. "Victoria 3.0 Male Morph Pack" from DAZ 3D), you can transfer these morphs with GenX to Genesis like any other morph.

Kulay Wolf: I have neither Mavka nor the Mavka morph for Genesis, but in general it should be possible. The same holds for Sam and Sadie thanks to their Genesis morphs. However, these figures have only few own morphs. I will give it a thought after the GenX2 release. Generation 1 figures are difficult, because there is no base shape on Genesis for them.

While we are talking about additional figures, because the generation 3 figures are morph compatible, the generation 3 kids (Luke/Laura/Matt/Maddie) might be transferred to Genesis as well based on the V3 morph.

quietrob: The iconic shapes will be still needed for generation 3 figures to have the base shapes. GenX2 will be available as full and as upgrade version, so you may buy GenX now and then the update or just buy the full new version when it's out. When to buy depends on many things, and you never know when you get the best price at DAZ :)

...so this means I should also be able to transfer AIko & Hiro Toon as well as I have the Aiko/Hiro iconic shapes.

As to Mavka it will only be the Genesis version. There is no body shape or autofit/UV map clone for the original character provided. Same for Kids4.