New Daz-OptiTex Dynamic Clothes thread [Commercial]

Comments

• WillowRavenWillowRaven Posts: 3,724
    edited December 1969

I must say, once again, I don't know what I'd do without Daz Dynamics :D

This was done using:

Dynamic Medieval Bundle http://www.daz3d.com/dynamic-clothing/dynamic-medieval-bundle
    Dynamic Fantasy Robe http://www.daz3d.com/dynamic-clothing/dynamic-fantasy-robe
    And a few freebies from Martin's site (star trek shirt and one of the freebie pants sets) http://www.optitex-dynamiccloth.com/

A little deformer work was used on the hood (I really need to practice on that more, lol), to help it fit around the hair.

In most cases, textures are my own :D

FINAL-cover-for-Fire-of-the-Covenant---web-friendly-150ppi.jpg
    1334 x 2000 - 378K
    edited December 1969

I got to play with wind direction for this one. I'm using the free burka gown (http://www.optitex-dynamiccloth.com/FreebieDownload14.php) and the dynamic fantasy robe (http://www.daz3d.com/dynamic-clothing/dynamic-fantasy-robe). Textures are mine :D

front_cover_shot_-_low_rez.jpg
    787 x 1237 - 408K
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    edited December 1969

I got to play with wind direction for this one. I'm using the free burka gown (http://www.optitex-dynamiccloth.com/FreebieDownload14.php) and the dynamic fantasy robe (http://www.daz3d.com/dynamic-clothing/dynamic-fantasy-robe). Textures are mine :D

Very nice!

Dana

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:

Very nice!

Dana

Thanks :D I'd love some new period inspired dynamic dresses ... Regency, and such.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:

Very nice!

Dana

Thanks :D I'd love some new period inspired dynamic dresses ... Regency, and such.

There doesn't seem to be much new in the dynamic line. And nothing on Martin's site, either...free or pay. It's been a long time since Martin has made an appearance, too. I hope he's OK.

Dana

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,490
    edited November 2013

Yeah.... I always buy as many things as I can get for ds dynamics....but there's hardly anything :( I was going to request something like this medieval outfit, but for Daz Studio:
    Unsolicited Commercial link removed

While the optitex Maiden faire is a wonderful outfit, it's missing those long, drapey sleeves and puffed shoulders. In fact, i didn't see any optitex outfits with long drapey sleeves (other than the kimono which is of course a completely different style. I have the sleeves and such, but the most drapey sleeves are a bit short.

I'd buy a medieval dress as shown above, in an INSTANT if it had a DS dynamic version, as I am an avid dynamics user. I even "upgraded" to 4.6 to use dynamics again (even though consider 4.6 to be a downgrade more than an upgrade. UG. HATE 4.6 with a passion for breaking everything and being, in general, near-useless). And even in 4.6 dynamics don't work as well as they USED to work in 4.5 So sad)

Point being, MARTIN COME BACk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We needs more dynamics. As long as i still have two pennies i buy your dynamics so come back :P

And yes i looked at Martin's optitex freebies and store page, and also nothing there like the hivewire poser dynamic outfit!!!

Just think, to me, the reason we wanted dynamics was specifically for things like this- drapey sleeves and skirts and such....

EDIT 11/23/2013 : Just in case someone misunderstands the "something like this" let me clarify that I'm not asking for a copy, a replicate, a duplicate, or the same outfit. I'm looking for a similar STYLE dress- with long draped sleeves. Hopefully that looks a bit renaissance or even better, could pass as renaissance or raphaelite depending on style tweaks.

Post edited by DisparateDreamer on
    edited December 1969

Um?? What the heck? Why was my link removed?

It was not a "commercial" and we were told when Daz did the whole "no commercial thing" that we were still allowed to link to other stores and items if it wasn't commercial. And if the big whole "DEAR OPTITEX PLEASE MAKE THIS IN THE DAZ STORE SO I CAN BUY IT" didn't tip ya off, I'm not sure what will!

Daz, are you SERIOUSLY afraid of other stores so much that we're not allowed to even compare to an item (that won't work in Daz and therefore asking for a DS version)???

I did NOTHING absolutely NOTHING against the rules so its highly offensive when my link is removed! Seriously, Daz wants to drive people away??? It's like you guys want me to go shopping at Hivewire and use Poser instead, since you block and overmod things that ask for DS versions as well. Sheesh, Daz!!!

Guess its kinda pointless to ask for anything here since it'll just get modded away into the void.

Nasty tactics around here lately. At least other stores still allow fair discussion and links.
    *shakes head* You'd think you'd be you know, supportive of customers trying to get more Daz Studio content. But no, this kind of stuff? pushes us away from Daz, over to Hivewire and Renderosity, and to using programs like Poser. you know, to use the dress there, since you won't let me post about it and ask for here!!!

edited December 1969

And what's the deal? about "unsolicited"?

So basically, I need to get someone to come in here, and gamely ask, "gee, what kind of outfit are you looking for?" and then I'm allowed to post the link, but not before?

Aren't we going overboard Daz? It was pretty clear that it was not a commercial in anyway.

• icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    edited December 1969

If it was a direct link to a product in another store, DAZ removes them. I found the only way around it is to list the name of the store, the vendor, and the product name. That way if some is really interested, they have what they need to go find it themselves.

edited December 1969

Daz has said when they changed the commercial rules that a link to another store product IS ALLOWED as long as it wasn't commercial (such as a thread to just promote something.) but this was CLEARLY NOT THE CASE! It was entirely within the rules and not only that, requesting a DAZ version. Furthermore, without the link, there is no picture, so I can't actually ask for optitex to make a Daz version anymore now can i?

That basically leaves no recourse. Gee, may as well go to hivewire, buy the dress, and use poser, for all that Daz welcomes legitimate product suggestions.

• KatteyKattey Posts: 2,899
    edited November 2013

icprncss said:
    If it was a direct link to a product in another store, DAZ removes them. I found the only way around it is to list the name of the store, the vendor, and the product name. That way if some is really interested, they have what they need to go find it themselves.
    No, actually we are allowed to post links to other stores if this isn't commercial promotion or if the item shown as a reference or just came up in conversation. Also for example, if I'm listing or asked to list items used for the scene and some of them are from Renderosity, I can fully post links to Renderosity items as well, as they are just references of what I used, among others.

Here is a confirmation
    Quote:
    Q: So we _can_ link other products in non-commercial threads as long as it doesn’t violate common sense and purpose of this thread?
    DAZ_BHowell's asnwer: Yes… we don’t view a link in a thread somewhere that comes up in a conversation the same as a promotional thread in a designated “commercial” section.

I have no stakes in this argument but I think the link in this thread was a very clear example of 3rd party product used as a reference (to ask to make similar DS dynamic product which is what this thread is about), that just came up in conversation and it was deleted unlawfully.

Post edited by Kattey on
    edited December 1969

I'm not trying to pick a fight. I just know that I've had a couple of links deleted. Last link I had deleted was a link to Mec4d's DSON UV script. After that, I just gave up giving links. It was easier than trying figure out when I was just providing information and when I was putting up something that was considered commercial.

Given how little Dynamics have progressed over the years since DAZ announced them way back when V4 was released, finding an inexpensive copy of Poser 9 or better might not be a bad idea. You would have access to a new aspect of dynamics. It's not a complete solution but it gives you another tool in your toolbox.

• KatteyKattey Posts: 2,899
    edited November 2013

Neither do I. I just think that people who are deleting links tend to forget that we are allowed to post those links and have to be provided with a confirmation that we do allowed to post links to 3rd party products in quite many situations. Posting link as a reference to desired to be made item seems to be one of such situations.
    It is surely much easier to just delete all 3rd party links in bulks without remembering if this one or that one is an allowed exception or not but this is not what the policy is about.

Post edited by Kattey on
    edited November 2013

icprncss, There's the rub isn't it?

I actually HAVE poser 9. And considered buying the Hivewire outfit.

But here I was, trying to give Daz and Optitex a chance to come up with their own version because, well in general, it's much easier to keep all my art pipeline in one program as opposed to going daz to poser and then back. But apparently even asking for Daz product and giving a reference is threatening to Daz. I really don't get it. Like I said, and as Kattey helpfully pointed out, I was well within the rules and examples set for linking outside of Daz Studio. I'd really appreciate if who ever unhelpfully removed my link would helpfully put it back.

And yes, Kattey, exactly.

Post edited by DisparateDreamer on
    edited December 1969

There is the rub in all this. Where is the line and has someone decided to move it again? That and who interprets where the line is?

I got what I call "whacked with a rolled up news paper" back during the PC anniversary because I posted a link to the product that had been here at one time and was now elsewhere. It was simply meant to give information to the OP but it was interpreted as commercial.

I don't know anymore and I'm pretty much giving up. The forums used to be fun back in the day. Now...never mind.

edited December 1969

it is indeed very frustrating. I try very hard to follow the rules, sometimes even asking the mods in advance before posting, and double checked the rules when I posted that link. That it was removed, despite being a clear reference link for a hopeful Daz product, really makes me feel like Daz doesn't really care about the rules or customers at all and more about preventing competition. I don't use the forums anywhere near as much as I used to, here, as so much is unwelcome these days. So I have been spending more time at a lot more open forums. Truly though, sad, when you want so much to support a software, and a store, and get censored for following the rules.

For anyone interested, since the link was, for reasons unknown, removed, the item that I was citing as a reference was the "Pre-raphaelite-for-Dawn-V4" outfit which is available at Hivewire3d, made by the artist KobaltKween. The outfit doesn't have to be the same, but i'd REALLY like a similar dress style with long flowing (NOT fitted) sleeves/oversleeves in a DS optitex dynamic version. Not holding my breath, considering the way my request was handled, but still, that was my request.

edited December 1969

Oooo ... I'd love, love, LOVE a dress like that. longer than floor length with longer sleeves ... I've been trying to figure out ways to frankenstein similar traits from my existing Daz dynamics.

Unlike most people, I can't wrap my head around Poser, so am limited to working with what I have. Heck ... It's taken me till about six months ago to finally move to DS4+ ... I only did because my dynamic clothing control stopped working in DS3A and the original product I paid for is no longer downloadable, or I wouldn't have switched.

edited December 1969

I hear you, Aidana. DS dynamics is not working 100% in 4.6, and yet i have to use it when i'd prefer to stick with 4.5 Daz Studio is always 2 steps forward, 1 step back.... sometimes 2 steps back.

And man when dynamics for DS became possible i was dreaming of all these long sleeve long dress flowing things... well we got dresses and blankets but where's the huge sleeves?

I don't care if its rigged or not- kimono isnt rigged and i still use it lots and lots :) it's super simple.... load your figure. Opening the time line, move to 30, pose your figure. Go back to 1 hit animated drape. Bingo. Of course make sure you set collisions and all that. but yea.

I have other dresses that I've seen for older figures, v4 and V3 at other stores, with cool inset sleeves and such, but apparently I can't link them soooo.....
    go to renderosity, search for "anais" and "dynamic" and you'll find this gorgeous dress that I want so bad for DS. (this whole no link thing is really ridiculous)

• KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854
    edited December 1969

The bottom line is.. I did the maiden fair dress and preferred the tight sleeves for that sort of dress. For one thing there is often a self intersection issue with extra yards of flappy fabrics that most users can't get past.

edited December 1969

I love the maiden fair dress, don't get me wrong. I use it a lot.

but you can get tight fitting sleeves with conforming clothing. For long drape sleeves you need dynamics. I have no problem dealing with the long sleeves in the kimono!

• KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854
    edited December 1969

I wasn't willing to sell a product to hundreds of people when even I could never get the self intersection out of the product.

edited December 1969

We could really use a dynamic corset (Not like the corset dress -- a separate garment). Something that can be draped over the romantic shirt or a dynamic blouse or dress, that allows us to pull in the waist without affecting sleeves or the rest of the outfit. It should have at least two styles. One with shoulder straps and on the breasts, like a tavern wench, and one without straps and below the breasts. It could be patterned/used for fantasy images, steampunk images, period images, gothic images, and more.

Who's up for it?

• DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,646
    edited December 1969

yes more dynamics. I would love to have a corset like Aidana has described.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

And of course, being an ex-costumier and a stickler for authenticity I tend to hate outfits where women are pictured wearing their underwear outside. Corsets are undergarments which are worn under the gown to shape the body before you don the dress.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    And of course, being an ex-costumier and a stickler for authenticity I tend to hate outfits where women are pictured wearing their underwear outside. Corsets are undergarments which are worn under the gown to shape the body before you don the dress.

It depended also on the time period, the social status, and the location of the wearer. What some consider a corset, others consider a bustier.

I'm mostly looking for garments for my book cover designs, for various genres. Some are fantasy, some SciFi, others Historical ... I want it all ... lol.

Although, thinking harder on it, I distinctly recall many of my costumes having what I would consider to be an exterior corset when I was on the RenFairre and SCA circuit. What are the tough leather corsets that go over a peasant top or chemise really called?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited November 2013

I would tend to call them a bodice, although they are sometimes referred to as external corsets, or under bust corsets. Often they would have a skirt attached to them to fall over the dress as a second layer.

Found in more upmarket fashion and not in peasant clothing at all

Really tavern wenches and the village taverns they were found in are a cliche which exists more in fantasy than in true history.

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    I would tend to call them a bodice, although they are sometimes referred to as external corsets, or under bust corsets. Often they would have a skirt attached to them to fall over the dress as a second layer.

Found in more upmarket fashion and not in peasant clothing at all

Really tavern wenches and the village taverns they were found in are a cliche which exists more in fantasy than in true history.

The costume I often wore was a very blousy chemise underneath, which looks like a peasant top if you don't know costuming, and a bulky skirt tied at my waist. Then this really tough leather 'corset' forced everything into place, exposing ample cleavage. Whatever that thingy was, is one of the dynamic thingies I want ... lol.

I'd like all kinds of corset styles ... for gothic scenes, fantasy/medieval, bondage ... anything I could slap on my character for a book cover :D

edited December 1969

For some reason, the romantic shirt isn't accepting the provided textures or shaders. I even re-downloaded it and installed it.

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    edited December 1969

For some reason, the romantic shirt isn't accepting the provided textures or shaders. I even re-downloaded it and installed it.

Out of interest do they look black in the viewport? Something similar happened to me using the dynamic sheet, but it rendered ok.
    edited December 1969

SimonJM said:

Out of interest do they look black in the viewport? Something similar happened to me using the dynamic sheet, but it rendered ok.

No, it remained the default white. I've used it so many times before with no problems, but not this time. It's forced me to buy another product to meet deadline.