What features would you like to see appear in dazstudio 5?

Comments

• mrposermrposer Posts: 1,127

I doubt there wil ever be a DAZSTUDIO 5...... 10 years from now we will be on DAZSTUDIO 4.128.1.021

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146

HAHAHAHA  

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    mrposer said:

I doubt there wil ever be a DAZSTUDIO 5...... 10 years from now we will be on DAZSTUDIO 4.128.1.021

HAHAHAHA 

• GoggerGogger Posts: 2,303
    scorpio said:
    Fixme12 said:

why not ask $ again for a more pro verion of the studio software? = you can hire more devs and develop faster/better tools, that not go down/broken with every upgrade so many great scripts/plugins lost.

Because that didn't seem to work out last time, after about 6 months they set it free again and majorly pissed off a lot of people.

Maybe in 2009 I was just getting into DAZ studio and spent almost $300 for Studio and some figures and within the same week BAM! - Studio for FREE! I contacted Customer Support and they issued a store credit with no hassle. I was impressed (after coming close to being depressed).

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,312
    Gogger said:
    scorpio said:
    Fixme12 said:

why not ask $ again for a more pro verion of the studio software? = you can hire more devs and develop faster/better tools, that not go down/broken with every upgrade so many great scripts/plugins lost.

Because that didn't seem to work out last time, after about 6 months they set it free again and majorly pissed off a lot of people.

Maybe in 2009 I was just getting into DAZ studio and spent almost $300 for Studio and some figures and within the same week BAM! - Studio for FREE! I contacted Customer Support and they issued a store credit with no hassle. I was impressed (after coming close to being depressed).

They did I believe compensate some people with store credit, but it still majorly pissed off a lot of people.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,015
    Petercat said:
    Petercat said:

What size monitor and what resolution are you running? Couldn’t you solve your problem by using a larger monitor and keeping your same resolution?

- Greg

It isn't about me, I'm not the only user who wants this. I've seen many complaints here over time about the small font size. I don't have room for a larger monitor anyway, and outside of the tiny font I don''t need one. How many people would buy a larger monitor just to deal with a small font, anyway? Just increase the size of the font,  DAZ. Like I said earlier, I bet many more people would be happier with that than would complain.

But not everyone has a high-DPI monitor, those who don't are not complaining about the font size (and would complain about the extra scrolling - people complained, a lot, about the increased size of the sliders in the original DS 4 UI styles until we got the Darkside option). I have no idea of the current balance between users with high DPI displays, who wil usually want larger fonts, and those with lower DPI displays, wo will want to keep the existing fonts. In any event, a new style with larger fonts would not necessarily be any less work than finishing the full scaling options - and would be a dead-end at that.

Do you have any idea of the timeline for scalable fonts?

Daz almost never gives any ETA for new features.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    Petercat said:

What size monitor and what resolution are you running? Couldn’t you solve your problem by using a larger monitor and keeping your same resolution?

- Greg

It isn't about me, I'm not the only user who wants this. I've seen many complaints here over time about the small font size. I don't have room for a larger monitor anyway, and outside of the tiny font I don''t need one. How many people would buy a larger monitor just to deal with a small font, anyway? Just increase the size of the font,  DAZ. Like I said earlier, I bet many more people would be happier with that than would complain.

I use smallish monitors with higher DP, I don't want larger font sizes, it partly defeats the point of said resolution if I have to scale everything up; an option to do so, sure.

It seems to be the only reason to produce a version 5.

Every other idea I've seen, well... Why the hell wait until version 5 for it; it is NOT a nirvana moving to 5.

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,261

As long as they don't make them smaller and keep a dark style personally I can't stand those interfaces that you have to put on a pair of sunglasses in order to look at it

The biggest font problem I had was the color I mean seriously a grey background with a slightly different shade of grey for the font color fortunately I found how to change the font color

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    mwokee said:
    I'll tell you what I DON'T want to see in version 5. STOP MOVING THINGS AROUND! Why do all tools, tabs, menu items, etc. Have to move around forcing you to find them all over again? Rearranging everything is not an improvement. Don't fix it if it ain't broke.

What sort of moving around do you mean? The last major change I remember was a good few years ago with D|S 4.0 — and that was such a big change it put me off updating from the last D|S3 release until I'd figured out a way to get close to the same style in 4.

Also, remember that almost the entire D|S User Interface can be customised and your settings saved. Set it up the way you like to work, and you can always recover that setting if it gets corrupted or when there's a major program update.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,561
    mrposer said:

...(see attachment)

txt
    txt
    Daz Studio ver.txt
  • inquireinquire Posts: 2,094

Can't see the TXT attachment on my Mac. Just get hexadecimol code (i think). In a sentence or two, what does it say?

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

remove the .txt extension, then open in a text editor

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,261
    nicstt said:

I get number thats 216 pages long

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621
    edited July 2019
    nicstt said:

I get number thats 216 pages long

π+1 to make it short;)

Post edited by Sven Dullah on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,561
    edited July 2019

...Sven you are correct. 

Basically was supposed to read "DazStudo 4.14...to the one millionth place" ("π" being an endless non repeating decimal).  Don't know why it added the line break as I had "word wrap" on.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • PetercatPetercat Posts: 2,315
    kyoto kid said:
    mrposer said:

...(see attachment)

Thanks. I took a screen capture and will invert the colors. Ought to make a decent monitor screen in one of my renders.

• PetercatPetercat Posts: 2,315

Going through my Install manager uninstalling things I'll probably never use. Looks like I'll keep about a third of what I have. If I ever do need something, I'll just re-install it.

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

Features in DS5? Well, a dStroy plugin would be cool;)

• I would like to have a second/better content management service. When I order my content I set the, for example, clothing pack I put it into the clothing file of the figure. But I would like to split up the package into jacket, trousers, shirt and so on, too. Maybe a function to mark my content like the Windows function to mark a file or make commends could be helpful, too.

I do not know if it is already there or if it was mentioned

I would like to have a second/better content management service. When I order my content I set the, for example, clothing pack I put it into the clothing file of the figure. But I would like to split up the package into jacket, trousers, shirt and so on, too. Maybe a function to mark my content like the Windows function to mark a file or make commends could be helpful, too.

I do not know if it is already there or if it was mentioned

You can create your own metadata and categories for items, so you can already do that with either system.

• How does it work?

Does it work with a full file, too?

How does it work?

Does it work with a full file, too?

What do you call a full file? A scene?

• I mean a whole folder with different files like a clothes collection you can name/lable with the name of the collection. For example the dragon hunter clothes have shoes, skirt, armor, shirt and so on. Can I name all the files in one folder at once with the name of the collection. Sorry for the wrong writing.

• ParadigmParadigm Posts: 421

Things I'd like:

• multiple collision targets and or collision targets based on surface group or bone / mesh
    • soft body physics. No more of the handful of required repurchases to adjust the stomach, chest and rump to sag / hang correctly. Pose and simulate like dforce.
    • Real time rendering similar to unreal
    • more improvements to the animation pipeline

I mean a whole folder with different files like a clothes collection you can name/lable with the name of the collection. For example the dragon hunter clothes have shoes, skirt, armor, shirt and so on. Can I name all the files in one folder at once with the name of the collection. Sorry for the wrong writing.

Honestly I never tried so I wouldn’t know

• fred9803fred9803 Posts: 1,558

The ability to (you can do this in Poser) lock the feet in place, grab the hip and translate the character while the feet remain fixed to the ground.... also good for locking hands in place while moving the rest of body.

• fred9803 said:

The ability to (you can do this in Poser) lock the feet in place, grab the hip and translate the character while the feet remain fixed to the ground.... also good for locking hands in place while moving the rest of body.

That's being worked on. And if you install the current Beta Public you would see a new feature called IK chain under the create tab. But this is still in beta and you can expect a lot of crashes. And the last update messed up the IK chain totally and made it unusable, so you may want to wait for a more stable update to be able to test it. I hope constraints (preventing objects from passing through each other like in Carrara for example) and the option to animate textures will be next.
  • What would I like to see?

The thing I would like to see is an on-machine help file with words that HELP (as opposed to confuse) and a basic description of each function, what each option does (with examples) and how to get the best out of it.

If writing up the help file was part of the programming process it would mean that the person who knows most about the function describes how it works and so can write the description fast, and it'd be complete when the function is released.

The reason I hate on-line help files is the machine I do rendering on is not connected to the net & it's a faff to fire up another machine to find out how something works, and then to find the explanation is incomplete, written by someone who obviously has never used the version you're looking at or is absent entirely because no-one has bothered about it.

Regards,

Richard.

• fred9803fred9803 Posts: 1,558

Thanks johranshadi! I'm still on 9.11 Beta. The prospect of constraints working in conjunction with soft body dynamics for characters has me drooling. We kind of have it already with dForce but it's not much use for real-time body collisions.

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,273

Why not integrate Hexagon into Daz and be able to model inside Daz, instead of bouncing back and forth to create, thereby turning Daz into more then just a rendering and animation studio. All the popular programs, free and pay for, can be modelled, animated and rendered inside the one program... Logically this should be the next step for Daz in order to compete with everyone.