1789101113»

Comments

• DireBunnyDireBunny Posts: 556
    edited December 1969

Beautiful pictures as always Kalypso

• StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167
    edited December 1969

@Nightsong

sorry to necro post but when I see renders like the ones you made it makes me want to stop embarrassing myself by saying I know how to use this software. Those are beautiful.

• BendinggrassBendinggrass Posts: 1,367
    edited December 1969

DWG said:
    I've been test driving some new purchases today and I'm really pleased with the way that this one of Rebel Mommy's V4 My Lin came out, while I think Vyktohria's V4 Alicia from over at Rendo may be one of the prettiest characters I've bought to date.

Wow I love the expression.

• LycanthropeXLycanthropeX Posts: 2,287
    edited December 1969

honestly, with the release of Poser Pro 2014, I am finding I like working with Gen 4 better than I like working with Genesis. I find Genesis rather limiting in what I can do.

• BendinggrassBendinggrass Posts: 1,367
    edited December 1969

Awesome thread, LycanthropeX. Lots of really kewl work here, some I've seen before and some I haven't. Thanks for sharing guys!

To be honest, I've found no reason to switch to Genesis yet as I'll have to spend a fortune to get anything near what I can already do with the Gen 4 figures. Here's a few of my images using M4 and V4, some finished and some test renders. Last one is video game fanart.

I fell in love with your renders here, Great work :)

I also searched every where for the clothing and accessores you had in one particular render, real tribal style (I love it) Was wondering if this was something you made yourself or if you got it from somewhere.

Rather than describe the render I'm talking about that you posted... I'll attach it here.
    PS. I would quote the image but it doesn't let me do that lol

Thank you! That means a lot to me. :) I've tracked down links to the clothing and accessories I used in that picture. Most of them are freebies with the exception of the bag from Cheyenne for M4 available here and the arm wraps which are EvilInnocence's Forearm Bandages for M4 from RDNA. Here are the links to the rest of the items. Some are for V4 so they just have to be tweaked to fit M4.

http://www.sharecg.com/v/52948/related/11/Poser/Shamaness-UPDATE--clothing-set-for-V4 - belt & loincloth
    http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/details.php?item_id=66749 - long necklace
    http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/details.php?item_id=56723 - horn necklace
    http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/details.php?item_id=59149 - feathered armband
    http://web.archive.org/web/20110102025536/http://www.aerysoul.com/free.html - Soulbringer Staff

I can't remember what earring set I used, it may have been an old V2 or V3 set, but there is a similar simple gold hoop set for M4 in this set - http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/details.php?item_id=67453.

And how did you produce that head?
    That is amazing.
    Thanks.
    Randy

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

honestly, with the release of Poser Pro 2014, I am finding I like working with Gen 4 better than I like working with Genesis. I find Genesis rather limiting in what I can do.

I use both PP2014 and DS, and also Gen4/Genesis. I'm just curious to know what type of things you're referring to (although the morph brush and fitting room might be reasons enough).

edited December 1969

Vaskania said:

I use both PP2014 and DS, and also Gen4/Genesis. I'm just curious to know what type of things you're referring to (although the morph brush and fitting room might be reasons enough).

the morph brush is a big part of it

but i find, in Poser anyway, that Genesis often forces me into an all or nothing situation. I feel like with Genesis i can dial up a full character, but dialing up individual features is more difficult. Its a bit hard to explain, but when ever I work with Genesis i feel trapped with in certain boundaries, where with Gen 4 I can do more of what I want with fewer road blocks.

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

Vaskania said:

the morph brush is a big part of it

but i find, in Poser anyway, that Genesis often forces me into an all or nothing situation. I feel like with Genesis i can dial up a full character, but dialing up individual features is more difficult. Its a bit hard to explain, but when ever I work with Genesis i feel trapped with in certain boundaries, where with Gen 4 I can do more of what I want with fewer road blocks.
    I *think* I know where you're coming from. I've bought quite a few characters that have body/head lumped into a single dial, which really kind of irks me since I'd have no way of using just the body, or just the head. I do prefer the general Gen4 way of doing things where you have separate injections for each, every.. damn... time. Gen4 is pretty reliable that way. lol

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,514
    edited December 1969

...not having or able to afford PP 2014 makes using the Gen4 models incredibly limiting in comparison to Genesis.

One of the features of Genesis that attracts me is being able to fit different clothing content without needing a third party conversion tool which is usually hie or miss. Another is being able to blend different character features and morphs which was never possible between the earlier generations without requiring the need for other modelling and sculpting programmes. The Figure Mixer in Studio3 was very limited as it only worked within the same generation (e.g .mil3, mil4), One couldn't for example, blend Sadie or the Troll with Vicky4.

edited December 1969

i was playin' with M4 today

3rd-Eye.jpg
    1180 x 1079 - 119K
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

A bit late for Halloween, but as the challenge I did this for is now ended I can post it here

The Summoning at Bryn Celli Ddu

The_summoning_at_Bryn_celli_Ddu.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 1M
  • KalypsoKalypso Posts: 208
    edited December 1969

Another late Halloween pic. Generation 4 characters afford me all the versatility I need so they're still my go-to figures.

WitchyHalloween_RO.jpg
    1167 x 1500 - 458K
    edited December 1969

gorgeous work

i love seeing all the Gen 4 love in this thread

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,139
    edited December 1969

Kalypso said:
    Another late Halloween pic. Generation 4 characters afford me all the versatility I need so they're still my go-to figures.

Great work - a unique looking character and I love the way her eyes seem to mirror the cat's!

edited December 1969

Thanks LycanthropeX! Phil thank you for noticing, the similarity in the eyes was the effect I was going for :)

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    Kalypso said:
    Just playing with some new stuff, the Semiramis character and outfit bundle. I just love this morph for V4.

...that's really nice. Really impressed with the lighting.

Do you have Jack's Aslan Court and Moyra's Persian Palace Decor? She'd look wonderful in that setting.

Thanks Kyoto Kid, Aslan Court looks ideal - wishlisted!

edited December 1969

The other day I found myself over at English Bob's Morphography site where I picked up this adorable Boston terrier by Kirwyn. One thing led to another and he found himself wearing a bow tie and graciously accompanying V4 to another lavish gala. :)

promgoth.JPG
    1089 x 1400 - 473K
    edited December 1969

Kalypso said:
    The other day I found myself over at English Bob's Morphography site where I picked up this adorable Boston terrier by Kirwyn. One thing led to another and he found himself wearing a bow tie and graciously accompanying V4 to another lavish gala. :)

i want her outfit and her little dog too

edited December 1969

Kalypso said:

i want her outfit and her little dog too

LOL, I used to love waiting for that part!

The dress is available at Rendo (Prom Queen). I've also used the Ladies of London texture for the sleeve and neck tattoo and Bruno along with his companion Rosie are available here: http://www.morphography.uk.vu/dlkirwyn.html

edited December 1969

yup, i found the little dog already

I really don't know what it is about this thread, but i keep forgetting that i started it, so when i see it i think, oh its so kool someone started a thread like that. I've done that at least three times, i swear my memory has got to be completely shot

edited December 1969

Yeah my memory's going too and it doesn't help that I hardly ever got any ebots for this thread - I have to keep retyping the title in the forum search whenever I remember it.

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited November 2013

OK, haven't been playing with any of the Gen4 characters the past few months, but got into a Goth mood lately, so here's one I did a few days ago. Be sure to click for full size.

Goth Is In!!!

Druscilla1.jpg
    450 x 800 - 129K
    Post edited by Miss B on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Wachiwi hair inspired this render.

Character is just dial spins using morphs++

NA_female_again_5a.jpg
    725 x 950 - 434K
  • XOTTXOTT Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Here's an assortment of generation 4 stuff I've done from the past.

I haven't done anything new for a year or more because of all sorts of problems including hard drives dying etc., but now I've got a brand new system I can get back into things....after I re-install all my stuff and get it organised to work with (don't hold your breath.) - Also, some of these works of mine only exist now in the sizes I'm posting because the hard drive disasters took all my large sized read-to-be-made-into-posters images down with them.) - I was actually in the process of burning everything off to disc when not only my hard drive died but also my burner at the same time.:shut:

At this point I haven't even got Poser installed yet, let alone anything much else to make artwork with.

untitled_elf_2008-09-04--800x1200--by_ZOT--70.jpg
    800 x 1200 - 108K
    Shaylee_v2--683x1024--70.jpg
    683 x 1024 - 369K
    Guardian_Pinup--683x1024--by_ZOT--rear_1b--70.jpg
    683 x 1024 - 109K
    Toni_Futura_goodbye--b--683x1024--by_ZOT--70.jpg
    683 x 1024 - 172K
    Remedy--b--683x1024--by_ZOT--70.jpg
    683 x 1024 - 218K
  • BobvanBobvan Posts: 2,652
    edited November 2013

The good ol days of DS3A LDP2 and UE

4.jpg
    1582 x 791 - 1M
    3.jpg
    1454 x 773 - 711K
    2.jpg
    1454 x 773 - 715K
    1.jpg
    1582 x 791 - 1M
    Post edited by Bobvan on
  • alkenalken Posts: 253
    edited December 1969

The figures I use the most nowadays are Genesis 1&2, but Gen 4 still holds a special place in my Runtime...

Asian_Beauty_3.jpg
    887 x 1000 - 435K